darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > The Definitive Skylanders PvP Tier List: GIANTS EDITION.
Page 1 of 51 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 49 50 51
The Definitive Skylanders PvP Tier List: GIANTS EDITION. [STICKY]
EgoNaut Yellow Sparx Gems: 1730
#1 Posted: 19:36:07 19/10/2012 | Topic Creator
It's sequel time, folks.

This is a collaborative project that anyone who is interested can help work on.

I started us off by copy+pasting the Xbox/PS3/PC tier list for Spyro's Adventure to use as our starting point, though I imagine the new characters, variants and any possible tweaks to existing characters in 'Giants will lead to many changes across the board, and it's up to you lot to research and discuss all this new stuff so we can make this Tier list as good as it can be.

EDIT: Helpful battle/research tips: (With thanks to Earth-Dragon and Tashiji)
"if you are going to "test", make sure control is random, arenas are random, and you don't have anything to prove or disprove."
"Ensure your opponent is as good at the game as you are, and possibly avoid items and power-ups."
"Ensure equal levels, and full-heroics-completed if possible. 0-vs-0 heroics if not."

EDIT: IMPORTANT ADVICE ON HOW TO POST IN THIS THREAD:
I've started ignoring posts which only say "Character X should be in Y tier, character P should be in Q tier, etc" I appreciate all contributions anyone can make here, but I can only make actual changes to the tier list based on opinions which are supported with reasons, particularly ones that state why a character should be in a certain tier by COMPARING THAT CHARACTER'S PERFORMANCE WITH THE PERFORMANCE OF OTHER CHARACTERS in that tier, the tiers below and the tiers above.


Stuff to Know:

  • We are mostly concerned with PvP / Arena Rumble Mode here, not single player! Please remember this.

  • The basic idea is that each upgrade path of every character, and any variants that impact on gameplay, are listed individually. Currently, Series 2 variants are listed as seperate entities (marked "S2") but LightCore variants and Legendary Variants are not. The Giants are included on the same list amongst the other Skylanders.

  • There is currently only one list for all versions the game. Seperate tier lists for certain versions will be made if any differences are discovered.

  • The characters in each tier are listed in NO PARTICULAR ORDER (that means no such thing as "upper" or "mid" B Tier, etc)… for now? At a later date we could try to order them by ability if people feel up to it.

  • Do not make “Power of the Skylander depends on the person using it, different people have different play styles, etc” comments here. The disclaimer below addresses these issues.

  • The Tier List assumes all characters to have completed an equal number of Heroic Challenges, the effects of which being otherwise negligible. If a character tangibley benefits so much more/less from heroic challenges that it changes their tier, we may make a separate entry for that character with all heroic challenges completed and that character with none.

  • See also: Nibelilt's Tier List Clarifications Thread! //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=60463

FINAL DISCLAIMER: Of course, these tier lists, as with any tier list for any game, are only meant to be taken as guidelines for the purely objective ability of each Skylander in an imaginary situation where the two opponents are of equal skill. In a real life situation, different people have different skills, strategies and play styles, so you should always remember that its these factors that ultimately decide the effectiveness of each Skylander you use. You should go by your personal play styles and use the Skylanders you like instead of going by everything on these tier lists!


---

The Tier List

S Tier - (Overpowered+broken characters)
Double Trouble / Channeler
Double Trouble S2 / Channeler
Drill Sergeant S2 / Megadozer
Terrafin S2 / Sandhog
Terrafin S2 / Brawler
Bash S2 / Granite Dragon
Swarm / Barberous Avenger
Ignitor / Soul of the Flame
Ignitor S2 / Soul of the Flame
Flameslinger S2 / Pyromancer
Thumpback / Anchor's A-Yay
Stump Smash S2 / Nut Crafter
Chop Chop S2 / Undead Defender
Hex S2 / Bone Crafter
Eye-Brawl / Eye Brawler
Eye-Brawl / Eye For An Eye

A Tier - (Very Good Characters that aren't broken.)
Voodood / Marauder
Ninjini / Swords of Might
Ninjini / Ancient Djinn Magic
Drobot / Master Blaster
Drobot S2 / Master Blaster
Sprocket / Operator
Bouncer / I-Beam Supreme
Bash S2 / Pulver Dragon
Terrafin / Brawler
Terrafin / Sandhog
Prism Break S2 / Crystaleer
Prism Break S2 / Prismancer
Dino-Rang / Grand Boomerang Master
Crusher / Rock Grinder
Crusher / Rubble Master
Whirlwind S2 / Tempest Dragon
Flameslinger S2 / Marksman
Eruptor S2 / Volcanor
Hot Head / The Burninator
Hot Head / Oil Baron
Slam Bam S2 / Blizzard Brawler
Wham-Shell / Captain Crustacean
Chill / Ice Lancer
Thumpback / Up Close And Personal
Stump Smash S2 / Smash 'n Bash
Zook / Floral Defender
Zook S2 / Floral Defender
Stealth Elf / Pook Blade Saint
Stealth Elf S2 / Pook Blade Saint
Tree Rex / Treefolk Charger
Tree Rex / Lumbering Laserer
Fright Rider / Joust Jockey

B Tier - (Good Characters)
Spyro / Blitz Spyro
Double Trouble / Conjurer
Double Trouble S2 / Conjurer
Wrecking Ball S2 / Ultimate Spinner
Pop Fizz / Mad Scientist
Drobot / Clockwork Dragon
Drobot S2 / Clockwork Dragon
Bouncer / Robot Rocketeer
Bash / Granite Dragon
Bash / Pulver Dragon
Flashwing / Super Shards (Opinions tend to vary on this one.)
Flashwing / Super Spinner
Whirlwind / Tempest Dragon
Sonic Boom / Medea Griffin
Sonic Boom S2 / Medea Griffin
Lightning Rod S2 / Typhoon Titan
Swarm / Wasp Stormer
Ignitor S2 / Blademaster
Sunburn / Flame Lord
Hot Dog / Burning Bow-Wow
Zap S2 / Tesla Dragon
Gill Grunt S2 / Water Weaver
Gill Grunt S2 / Harpooner
Slam Bam / Blizzard Brawler
Slam Bam S2 / Glacier Yeti
Camo / Vine Virtuoso
Camo / Melon Master
Shroomboom / Paramushroom Promotion
Shroomboom / Barrier Boost
Cynder / Nether Wielder
Cynder / Shadow Dancer
Cynder S2 / Nether Wielder
Cynder S2 / Shadow Dancer
Chop Chop S2 / Vampiric Warrior
Hex / Bone Crafter
Hex S2 / Shade Master
Fright Rider / Lance a Lot

C Tier - (Decent, Competitive Characters)
Spyro S2 / Sheep Burner
Spyro S2 / Blitz Spyro (Due to a glitch, his charges do not stun.)
Voodood / Elementalist
Wrecking Ball / Ultimate Spinner
Pop Fizz / Best of the Beast
Drill Sergeant / Megadozer
Drill Sergeant S2 / Battledozer
Prism Break / Crystaleer
Prism Break / Prismancer
Dino-Rang / Earthen Avenger
Sonic Boom / Siren Griffin
Sonic Boom S2 / Siren Griffin
Whirlwind S2 / Ultimate Rainbower
Jet-Vac / Vac-Packeteer
Sunburn / Blaze Dragon
Eruptor / Volcanor
Eruptor S2 / Magmantor
Flameslinger / Pyromancer
Ignitor / Blademaster
Hot Dog / Pyro Pooch
Zap S2 / Slime Serpent
Gill Grunt / Water Weaver
Chill / Frozen Fury
Stump Smash / Nut Crafter
Stealth Elf S2 / Forest Ninja
Zook / Artilleryman
Zook S2 / Artilleryman
Hex / Shade Master
Ghost Roaster / Fear Eater
Ghost Roaster / Skull Master
Chop Chop / Vampiric Warrior

D Tier - (Below-Average Characters)
Spyro / Sheep Burner
Wrecking Ball S2 / Total Tongue
Trigger Happy / Golden Money Bags
Trigger Happy S2 / Golden Money Bags
Trigger Happy S2 / Golden Frenzy
Boomer / Demolition Troll
Sprocket / Gearhead
Whirlwind / Ultimate Rainbower
Lightning Rod / Lord of the Lightning
Lightning Rod / Typhoon Titan
Lightning Rod S2 / Lord of the Lightning
Warnado / Eye of the Storm
Warnado / Wind Master
Jet-Vac / Bird Blaster
Flameslinger / Marksman
Zap / Tesla Dragon
Zap / Slime Serpent
Slam Bam / Glacier Yeti
Stump Smash / Smash ’n Bash
Stealth Elf / Forest Ninja

E Tier - (Bad Characters)
Wrecking Ball / Total Tongue
Trigger Happy / Golden Frenzy
Boomer / Clobber Troll
Drill Sergeant / Battledozer
Eruptor / Magmantor
Gill Grunt / Harpooner
Wham-Shell / Commander Crab
Chop Chop / Undead Defender
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S2: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S3: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 92 times - Last edited at 21:40:27 29/06/2013 by EgoNaut
spyrodadragon Green Sparx Gems: 490
#2 Posted: 22:20:56 19/10/2012
ok maybe wait till all contries have the game
---
everyone spam this now Posted Image: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/i...0x/30597908.jpg
or the enderman will kill you
avatar by kap
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 5488
#3 Posted: 22:28:06 19/10/2012
Quote: spyrodadragon
ok maybe wait till all contries have the game



^ Agreed.
---
"Well, the gate swung open and a fig newton entered."
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#4 Posted: 22:32:12 19/10/2012
Jet-Vac Vac-Packeteer for C Tier. I can already tell he will be in one of the bottom two. The Mulcher is his only useful attack, but otherwise he's a literate one-trick eagle that is ludicrously difficult to control and does beyond mediocre damage out of the B attack.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:08:37 20/10/2012 by Nibelilt
Aquatic Llama Green Sparx Gems: 436
#5 Posted: 17:17:31 20/10/2012
Quote: Nibelilt
Jet-Vac Vac-Packeteer for C Tier. I can already tell he will be in one of the bottom two. The Mulcher is his only useful attack, but otherwise he's a literate one-trick eagle that is ludicrously difficult to control and does beyond mediocre damage out of the B attack.



I think we should wait a week to start placing guys, until everyone has had a chance to try the new guys. I could see him somewhere in the upper B-Teir. He doesn't look like a Trigger Happy to me, but thats just my observations. If all goes well I will have the game sunday and will post some thoughts throughout the week.
AJAwesome Emerald Sparx Gems: 4474
#6 Posted: 17:21:52 20/10/2012
Dont series 2 get both upgrade paths?
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :^)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:22:03 20/10/2012 by AJAwesome
Bean Sprout Blue Sparx Gems: 884
#7 Posted: 17:24:39 20/10/2012
Quote: AJAwesome
Dont series 2 get both upgrade paths?



No. They can just switch paths without resetting.
---
"No, John. It is pretty weird that ghosts have to pee."
LightSpyro13 Blue Sparx Gems: 861
#8 Posted: 05:36:46 21/10/2012
I agree with half your current list, with a HUGE disagreement and a 100% agreement.
---
Fins, of fury!
SheldonCooper Blue Sparx Gems: 763
#9 Posted: 07:15:34 21/10/2012
Doesn't this list have be to be re-looked over because of new wow-pows or does that not matter?
---
BAZINGA! A neutron walks into a bar and asks how much for a drink. The bartender replies 'For you, no charge'.
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested
Aquatic Llama Green Sparx Gems: 436
#10 Posted: 14:21:51 21/10/2012
Quote: LightSpyro13
I agree with half your current list, with a HUGE disagreement and a 100% agreement.


What? I'm sorry, I don't understand what your saying.

Quote: SheldonCooper
Doesn't this list have be to be re-looked over because of new wow-pows or does that not matter?


From what I can tell Wow Pows really shouldn't make a difference. Should we put them right next to their series 1 counterparts?
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#11 Posted: 14:25:34 21/10/2012
It's not true all Wow Pows don't really make much difference.
Series 2 Slam Bam's Sleigh Me! brings out a sleigh that does thirty damage a hit over the ice shoes. The repeated damage that does is even better- far better- than Stealth Elf's Acrobatics. (Honestly, I'd arguably consider putting him in S Tier just because of that upgrade...)
It's still worth adding sepearate slots for the reposes.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 14:47:35 21/10/2012 by Nibelilt
Bean Sprout Blue Sparx Gems: 884
#12 Posted: 14:28:10 21/10/2012
Quote: Nibelilt
It's not true all Wow Pows don't really make much difference.
Series 2 Slam Bam's Sleigh Me! brings out a sleigh that does thirty damage a hit over the ice shoes. The repeated damage that does is even better- far better- than Stealth Elf's Acrobatics. (Honestly, I'd put him in S Tier just because of that upgrade...)
It's still worth adding sepearate slots for the reposes.



I agree. I think the reposes and the S1 characters should be separate. I mean, what if one wants to see the tier of the S1 they are putting into battle?
---
"No, John. It is pretty weird that ghosts have to pee."
LightSpyro13 Blue Sparx Gems: 861
#13 Posted: 16:29:36 21/10/2012
Quote: Aquatic Llama
Quote: LightSpyro13
I agree with half your current list, with a HUGE disagreement and a 100% agreement.


What? I'm sorry, I don't understand what your saying.

Quote: SheldonCooper
Doesn't this list have be to be re-looked over because of new wow-pows or does that not matter?


From what I can tell Wow Pows really shouldn't make a difference. Should we put them right next to their series 1 counterparts?


I'm saying that I agree with half the placements in his list, while I disagree with the other half. Ex: I agre with smilie on Grand Master Boomerang in the Broken Tier, but I ultimately disagree with smilie on Sheep Burner Spyro being in the Mid Tier.
---
Fins, of fury!
Aquatic Llama Green Sparx Gems: 436
#14 Posted: 16:36:51 21/10/2012
Quote: LightSpyro13
Quote: Aquatic Llama
Quote: LightSpyro13
I agree with half your current list, with a HUGE disagreement and a 100% agreement.


What? I'm sorry, I don't understand what your saying.

Quote: SheldonCooper
Doesn't this list have be to be re-looked over because of new wow-pows or does that not matter?


From what I can tell Wow Pows really shouldn't make a difference. Should we put them right next to their series 1 counterparts?


I'm saying that I agree with half the placements in his list, while I disagree with the other half. Ex: I agre with smilie on Grand Master Boomerang in the Broken Tier, but I ultimately disagree with smilie on Sheep Burner Spyro being in the Mid Tier.



Oh ok, thanks for clarifying. Would you mind posting your disagreements?

I am going to GameStop in an hour or two. I plan on buying S2 Terrafin, Xbox 360 starter pack, and Fright rider.


Edit: So I got the game today and I've played a little.

Jet-Vac seems to be a B tier or Lower A. His Air Blaster is actually a pretty good attack, and his speed his decent.
Fright Rider is a beast! I could see him easily upper A-tier. He has relatively low health, which is a drawback.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:33:58 21/10/2012 by Aquatic Llama
LightSpyro13 Blue Sparx Gems: 861
#15 Posted: 20:55:28 21/10/2012
Since you asked, I'll tell ya the ones that caught my eye (360 version only, Wii users will be ignored).

smilie Sheep Burner Spyro: Are you kidding? Sheep Burner Spyro is terrible in PvP; not average, not good, not great. The Flame Shield doesn't benefit at all, the Daybringer Flame does only 30 damage and is pretty slow, and the Exploding Flameballs are pretty worthless. My Spyro got his ass handed to him several times, he is so much stronger on Blitz Spyro.

smilie Nether Welder: Seriously? Why does everyone like Nether Welder? I find it Ultimately worthless! All it does is make weak exploding ghosts, a longer hold duration, and the lightning gets thicker and longer. It's pretty lame, and my Cynder barely won any fights on that path.

smilie Sandhog: Not broken, he;s not as strong in pvp as everyone says on this path. Razorfin only does 15 damage, so it's not very great. The most important weakness on this path is Master Earth Swimmer. That makes him so fast its very difficult to control, so it's a problem around platforms & obstacles. Also, he'll have to rely too much on Dirt Swimming, he's not so powerful in the surface because his mini sharks & punches do weak damage without Brawler. Should be placed a little lower than S tier.

smilie Telsa Dragon: He's not as weak as everyone says he is. It's definately better than Sea Slime Serpent in PvP, that path is fun but kind of useless. At least the bouncing Lightning and Electric Wave helps, and Telsa Storm helps a bit too.

I made my own personal Tier list.
---
Fins, of fury!
Aquatic Llama Green Sparx Gems: 436
#16 Posted: 21:00:06 21/10/2012
Quote: LightSpyro13
Since you asked, I'll tell ya the ones that caught my eye (360 version only, Wii users will be ignored).

smilie Sheep Burner Spyro: Are you kidding? Sheep Burner Spyro is terrible in PvP; not average, not good, not great. The Flame Shield doesn't benefit at all, the Daybringer Flame does only 30 damage and is pretty slow, and the Exploding Flameballs are pretty worthless. My Spyro got his ass handed to him several times, he is so much stronger on Blitz Spyro.

smilie Nether Welder: Seriously? Why does everyone like Nether Welder? I find it Ultimately worthless! All it does is make weak exploding ghosts, a longer hold duration, and the lightning gets thicker and longer. It's pretty lame, and my Cynder barely won any fights on that path.

smilie Sandhog: Not broken, he;s not as strong in pvp as everyone says on this path. Razorfin only does 15 damage, so it's not very great. The most important weakness on this path is Master Earth Swimmer. That makes him so fast its very difficult to control, so it's a problem around platforms & obstacles. Also, he'll have to rely too much on Dirt Swimming, he's not so powerful in the surface because his mini sharks & punches do weak damage without Brawler. Should be placed a little lower than S tier.

smilie Telsa Dragon: He's not as weak as everyone says he is. It's definately better than Sea Slime Serpent in PvP, that path is fun but kind of useless. At least the bouncing Lightning and Electric Wave helps, and Telsa Storm helps a bit too.

I made my own personal Tier list.



I have only used Spyro so far, but I agree. He could go lower, probably in the lower B tier. I just got series 2 TF today so I can't comment yet.
EgoNaut Yellow Sparx Gems: 1730
#17 Posted: 21:01:12 21/10/2012 | Topic Creator
I think I'll put all the Season 2 reposes next to their Season 1 counterparts as a temporary measure, and we can move them up wherever necessary.

Having played the game for a few days now, I can already tell that we've got a lot of research ahead of us: Most of the old season one skylanders may have to be re-examined even without the wow-pow powers factoring in to things! I've already noticed a few statistical tweaks that have been put into place for the old Skylanders. As an example off the top of my head, I've noticed that Voodood's zipline pulls him in a LOT faster now, and for the combo attack on the Marauder path that launches the axe blade as a projectile, that projectile moves alot faster now as well.
I'm sure there are loads more little differences like these, we'll just need to find them.

EDIT: @LightSpyro:

Spyro: I must admit i've been thinking about Spyro's positioning myself. I find his Sheep Burner path quite effective, personally, as the little extra damage on the fireballs can add up after repeated use throughout a match. As for the Blitz path, I haven't used it, but it looks to me to be one of those paths that depends on choice of arena, as he needs a little distance to build up his charge to be used more effectively. Maybe Sheep Burner should remain positioned higher just for being less situational? Discussion would be apreciated!

Cynder: The key to Nether Wielder from my experience is the upgrade that makes lightning range bigger and wider: By using the shadow dash to dodge all over the place and keep just the right distance, you can really abuse that extra range in a way Shadow Dancer just can't, especially seeing as the lightning goes through walls and up elevations and all that (although a little less so in 'Giants, i've noticed). It's such a useful feature that it makes up for how little damage it does.
As for Shadow Dancer, I imagine that it may be moving up tiers soon, as they have probably fixed it up and allowed it to function across all versions now. (Some of it's upgrades didn't function properly in the Xbox/PS3/PC version of Spyro's Adventure, if I remember rightly.)

Terrafin: You've made this same point several times now. It sounds like a reasonable point to me, as I have never used Terrafin before. However, way too many people disagree with that point, so I don't think I can move anything around until I hear more opinions about it.

Zap: I've been using Tesla Dragon myself for a bit and I'm starting to think he's underrated. He's hardly brilliant, but he might be higher than C Tier, certainly.
It's definately not true that Slime Serpent is useless, though. He has a little learning curve and he's very situational, but his keep-away tactics can be abused in several situations to hilarious effect. With a little luck thrown in, he can take down pretty high-tier characters.
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S2: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S3: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:23:29 21/10/2012 by EgoNaut
Bean Sprout Blue Sparx Gems: 884
#18 Posted: 22:00:57 21/10/2012
I just got the game, but I am not far enough to fully upgrade any Skylanders yet, so that'll have to wait.
And I am not getting the S2 as far as I know right now, so I cannot help in that area.
---
"No, John. It is pretty weird that ghosts have to pee."
Aquatic Llama Green Sparx Gems: 436
#19 Posted: 02:26:21 22/10/2012
I've got Terrafin, so in a week or so I can voice my opinion on Sandhog.

Fright Rider: From his basic abilities he can put on some serious hurt. His lance charge (No idea what it's called) does more damage and lets him go faster. His basic attack is pretty good. He is a solid melee character who is fast! The Ostrich teleportation move is pretty cool too, and useful. My prediction? Upper A Tier.

Jet Vac: What a hero! His Air blaster delivers a fairly powerful range attack. I find the vacuum somewhat useless in a strictly PvP sense. He can use his Jet Pack to escape from tight spots and use the vacuum to refill it. My prediction? Upper B Tier.

I also noticed that when Dino Rang does his Boomerang shield, he can move around while it goes around him. His Boomerangs also seemed a touch faster. Maybe it's just my imagination...
Bean Sprout Blue Sparx Gems: 884
#20 Posted: 02:29:59 22/10/2012
Quote: Aquatic Llama
I've got Terrafin, so in a week or so I can voice my opinion on Sandhog.

Fright Rider: From his basic abilities he can put on some serious hurt. His lance charge (No idea what it's called) does more damage and lets him go faster. His basic attack is pretty good. He is a solid melee character who is fast! The Ostrich teleportation move is pretty cool too, and useful. My prediction? Upper A Tier.

Jet Vac: What a hero! His Air blaster delivers a fairly powerful range attack. I find the vacuum somewhat useless in a strictly PvP sense. He can use his Jet Pack to escape from tight spots and use the vacuum to refill it. My prediction? Upper B Tier.

I also noticed that when Dino Rang does his Boomerang shield, he can move around while it goes around him. His Boomerangs also seemed a touch faster. Maybe it's just my imagination...



I haven't done the boomerang shield with D-R, but i have also seen that the boomerang speed has increased.
---
"No, John. It is pretty weird that ghosts have to pee."
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 5488
#21 Posted: 02:32:41 22/10/2012
Quote: Aquatic Llama
I've got Terrafin, so in a week or so I can voice my opinion on Sandhog.

Fright Rider: From his basic abilities he can put on some serious hurt. His lance charge (No idea what it's called) does more damage and lets him go faster. His basic attack is pretty good. He is a solid melee character who is fast! The Ostrich teleportation move is pretty cool too, and useful. My prediction? Upper A Tier.

Jet Vac: What a hero! His Air blaster delivers a fairly powerful range attack. I find the vacuum somewhat useless in a strictly PvP sense. He can use his Jet Pack to escape from tight spots and use the vacuum to refill it. My prediction? Upper B Tier.

I also noticed that when Dino Rang does his Boomerang shield, he can move around while it goes around him. His Boomerangs also seemed a touch faster. Maybe it's just my imagination...

How much damage do Jet vacs air blasts do? And on what path?
---
"Well, the gate swung open and a fig newton entered."
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#22 Posted: 02:34:16 22/10/2012
15 per hit on Bird Blaster. If you suck in your opponent once it also charges up to a massive shot that does 60.
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 5488
#23 Posted: 02:36:48 22/10/2012
Wow. So in Pvp if you hit your enemy once with the vacuum you get the super shot. Nice. I'm assuming you like Bird blaster better?
---
"Well, the gate swung open and a fig newton entered."
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#24 Posted: 02:37:47 22/10/2012
Easily.
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 5488
#25 Posted: 02:40:22 22/10/2012
What tier would you place Bird blaster in?
---
"Well, the gate swung open and a fig newton entered."
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#26 Posted: 02:41:39 22/10/2012
I agree with AL. Upper B. He's not broken since getting someone within that super shot suction range is risky, but she can abuse a lot of stuff well and his attacks are threatening... He's just a bit slow.
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 5488
#27 Posted: 02:46:00 22/10/2012
One last question about Jet vac. Can he move backwards on his jet pack and fire off his attacks at the same time? I used to think my Gill grunt was garbage until I tried doing that.
---
"Well, the gate swung open and a fig newton entered."
Aquatic Llama Green Sparx Gems: 436
#28 Posted: 02:47:41 22/10/2012
Quote: Nibelilt
I agree with AL. Upper B. He's not broken since getting someone within that super shot suction range is risky, but she can abuse a lot of stuff well and his attacks are threatening... He's just a bit slow.



Yeah, I wish he was a little faster.

Should we have a separate list for giants? We could rank them 1 through 8. Any Ideas?
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#29 Posted: 03:00:35 22/10/2012
Quote: Mrmorrises
One last question about Jet vac. Can he move backwards on his jet pack and fire off his attacks at the same time? I used to think my Gill grunt was garbage until I tried doing that.

He can't actually move backwards with it.
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 5488
#30 Posted: 03:06:01 22/10/2012
That's too bad :/ but hopefully the jet pack will help his speed problems in pvp
---
"Well, the gate swung open and a fig newton entered."
Bean Sprout Blue Sparx Gems: 884
#31 Posted: 03:13:53 22/10/2012
Quote: Mrmorrises
That's too bad :/ but hopefully the jet pack will help his speed problems in pvp



The Jet Pack lasts for a time period that is WAY to short.
---
"No, John. It is pretty weird that ghosts have to pee."
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#32 Posted: 03:15:35 22/10/2012
You can recharge it with the vacuum though... And, in fact, if you do this and suck in your opponent you can charge up the super shot. (And Bird Blaster is still a better path cause the boost on Vac-Packeteer isn't that big.)
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 5488
#33 Posted: 03:23:47 22/10/2012
How much damage can the vacuum deal on bird boaster and how fast does it restore the jet pack?
---
"Well, the gate swung open and a fig newton entered."
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#34 Posted: 03:25:56 22/10/2012
Long range: 12 damage a tick
Close range(charges up 60 damage super shot): 24 damage a tick
It recharges the flight in under a second.
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 5488
#35 Posted: 03:31:05 22/10/2012
The entire flight bar. Nice. Does it have to be at close range?
---
"Well, the gate swung open and a fig newton entered."
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#36 Posted: 03:32:05 22/10/2012
No, it'll just recharge the jetpack wether you suck in an enemy or not.
LightSpyro13 Blue Sparx Gems: 861
#37 Posted: 03:40:28 22/10/2012
Egonaut, I'm well aware I've made that point several times. However, I didn't belive anybody was listening to my entire point, kinda like Bean Sprout was oblivious to the part when I said smilie gets harder to contol (most important flaw about), 4 times (no offfense to bean Sprout). I just felt that someone was actually going to listen to my entire point.

BUT, I got Giants today and Terrafin is a bit weaker than how he was in Spyro's Adventure (well at least Series 1 Terrafin, I don't have his repose) because he gets alot slower when swimming and is pretty hopeless at a distance. I still he think he's broken on Brawler (he won every single battle against my cousin, didn't even lose once), but not as much as before. I also got smilie today too, I'll put in my opinion (and on my tier list) when I fully upgrade him.
---
Fins, of fury!
Bean Sprout Blue Sparx Gems: 884
#38 Posted: 03:43:02 22/10/2012
Quote: LightSpyro13
Egonaut, I'm well aware I've made that point several times. However, I didn't belive anybody was listening to my entire point, kinda like Bean Sprout was oblivious to the part when I said smilie gets harder to contol (most important flaw about), 4 times (no offfense to bean Sprout). I just felt that someone was actually going to listen to my entire point.

BUT, I got Giants today and Terrafin is a bit weaker than how he was in Spyro's Adventure (well at least Series 1 Terrafin, I don't have his repose) because he gets alot slower when swimming and is pretty hopeless at a distance. I still he think he's broken on Brawler (he won every single battle against my cousin, didn't even lose once), but not as much as before. I also got smilie today too, I'll put in my opinion (and on my tier list) when I fully upgrade him.



I am sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant that the fact that he is invincible underground overrules the difficulty controlling him.
---
"No, John. It is pretty weird that ghosts have to pee."
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 5488
#39 Posted: 03:53:41 22/10/2012
Quote: Nibelilt
No, it'll just recharge the jetpack wether you suck in an enemy or not.



I can see a nice strategy from this. Vaccum the enemy at a distance fire the super shot and then fly off.
---
"Well, the gate swung open and a fig newton entered."
Bean Sprout Blue Sparx Gems: 884
#40 Posted: 04:14:36 22/10/2012
Quote: Mrmorrises
Quote: Nibelilt
No, it'll just recharge the jetpack wether you suck in an enemy or not.



I can see a nice strategy from this. Vaccum the enemy at a distance fire the super shot and then fly off.



That should work well. The main problem i found with Jet Vac is that the un-charged air cannon doesn't do much damage at all.
---
"No, John. It is pretty weird that ghosts have to pee."
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#41 Posted: 05:36:13 22/10/2012
No, you can't do that. You need to vacuum the enemy close to you for the super shot.
Quote:
Ignitor Sn2 / Blademaster

The more I play with him the more I disagree with Blademaster Ignitor being a C Tier... His damage is simply too high for the worst tier. At the very least his Series 2 can use the Flame Form and Mega Slam to unleash waves of fire and trap foes to deal those massive numbers. I seriously suggest moving both to Lower B because the Armor and attack they deal is not bad enough for C.
(And on another note I agree Tesla Zap is highly underrated but I just don't think he should be higher than Lower B on this list... At least not till new figure testing becomes more extensive.)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:37:16 22/10/2012 by Nibelilt
EgoNaut Yellow Sparx Gems: 1730
#42 Posted: 16:23:45 22/10/2012 | Topic Creator

  • Moved Jet Vac / Bird Blaster to Upper B
  • Moved Ignitor / Blademaster to Lower B (Both seasons)

Where should I put Jet-Vac / Packeteer?
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S2: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S3: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#43 Posted: 16:34:16 22/10/2012
I never used Packeteer in PVP, I reset him straight away, so I'm sorry to say I can't really input...
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#44 Posted: 20:00:46 22/10/2012
Gill Grunt is going to find himself jumping a tier or two with that Wow Pow of his, I can say that much already. I'm not sure where the Giants will fit into all this, but due to sheer HP alone, I would expect them all to at least be mid-to-high tier characters. Other than that, I don't have anything to add at the moment, save for that I'm glad this thread is here.
EgoNaut Yellow Sparx Gems: 1730
#45 Posted: 21:08:37 22/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Tashiji
Gill Grunt is going to find himself jumping a tier or two with that Wow Pow of his, I can say that much already. I'm not sure where the Giants will fit into all this, but due to sheer HP alone, I would expect them all to at least be mid-to-high tier characters. Other than that, I don't have anything to add at the moment, save for that I'm glad this thread is here.


What is Gill Grunt's Wow Pow anyway? I'm interested to know.
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S2: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S3: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 5488
#46 Posted: 21:13:00 22/10/2012
Triple anchor cannons. That'll be hard to dodge in Pvp.
---
"Well, the gate swung open and a fig newton entered."
EgoNaut Yellow Sparx Gems: 1730
#47 Posted: 21:14:16 22/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Mrmorrises
Triple anchor cannons. That'll be hard to dodge in Pvp.


Niiiiice!
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S2: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S3: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Bean Sprout Blue Sparx Gems: 884
#48 Posted: 01:06:41 23/10/2012
Quote: EgoNaut

  • Moved Jet Vac / Bird Blaster to Upper B
  • Moved Ignitor / Blademaster to Lower B (Both seasons)

Where should I put Jet-Vac / Packeteer?



I disagree with S1 Blademaster for lower B. S2 I'm fine with, but S1 just doesn't have much going for him. The combos aren't helpful, and his swings don't do damage half the time.
---
"No, John. It is pretty weird that ghosts have to pee."
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3301
#49 Posted: 01:11:33 23/10/2012
Now with giants,Ignitor's blade works like it should on Xbox360/PS3,as well as shadowdancer cynder,S-Elf is now Super mega God tier.
Bean Sprout Blue Sparx Gems: 884
#50 Posted: 01:15:05 23/10/2012
Quote: CommanderGame
Now with giants,Ignitor's blade works like it should on Xbox360/PS3,as well as shadowdancer cynder,S-Elf is now Super mega God tier.



So Blademaster doesn't mss half the time?
---
"No, John. It is pretty weird that ghosts have to pee."
Page 1 of 51 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 49 50 51

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me