Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Evening: A New Legacy [CLOSED]
IamCynder Green Sparx Gems: 462
#1 Posted: 23:36:57 27/06/2008 | Topic Creator
Chapter 1

"Spyro! The eggs are coming!" Cynder shouted in agony. "Breathe, Cynder, breathe!" Spyro shouted. Suddenly, Cynder laid four eggs. "Spyro, promise me that the next time we want eggs, that you'll wait until the year of the dragon." Cynder asked. "Yes, yes, of course. Spyro said, not really listening, he just looked at the four eggs proudly. One was a purple egg, one that was relatively rare in Avalar, but not as rare as they used to be. One was a dark blue egg that seemed to move as the water moved. Another was a pink egg, and the last was an egg like Cynder's, it was a deep never ending black with a fog surrounding the surface of the egg.

"Well Spyro, now all we have to do is wait." Cynder replied, curling her body around the four eggs. "Yes Cynder, all we have to do is wait." Spyro replied. Spyro and Cynder waited a week before the eggs finally began to crack. The purple egg was the first to hatch, to Spyro's pleasure. This young purple was very sleepy and curled up next to Cynder with a big yawn and slept. The next egg that hatched was the pink, the young dragon that hatched was a beautiful girl, with elegant wings that were still a bit too small for flying. "I think that she will have less powerful flight than the others." Cynder said sadly. The third egg to hatch was the dark blue. From the egg hatched a dragon with no wings at all! Instead, it had powerful webbed feet that could help it swim relatively anywhere. Spyro just looked at it in dismay as it weakly waddled over to Cynder's body. The fourth egg wasn't even cracked. "Perhaps it is a late bloomer." Cynder said sadly. All that Spyro could do was walk over to his unborn egg and lick it sadly. He found it to be cold, too cold to harbor a baby inside.

Spyro began to push the egg to the side of the cavern when Cynder yelled, "Spyro! What do you think you are doing?" "I'm getting rid of the egg, it won't hatch." Spyro replied tartly. "I don't want to see another hatchling without wings." Spyro said angrily as he pushed it over the edge. "No!" Cynder gasped as she flew after her egg. She watched helplessly as it plummeted toward the earth. She angrily flew back to the cave, enraged. "I suppose that you'll throw those hatchlings out because they're sleeping" Cynder yelled furiously at Spyro. "While I take care of the hatchlings, I expect you to retrive every last eggshell fragment from the bottom of this mountain and bring them back up here!" Spyro reluctantly listent, and descended to the bottom of the mountain.

To Spyro's surprise and wonder, the egg was still completely in tact. He happily flew back to the cave to show Cynder, but found her gone with the hatchlings. Spyro knew that Cynder probably wouldn't be back, so he sadly curled around the egg and slept. Little did Spyro know, the nest had been attacked, and Cynder with the three hatchlings, captured.

"Move along, dragons!" The hooded figure said. "And what if we don't?" Cynder asked angrily. As a reply, the figure simply summoned a stunning ball and hit Cynder with it. Cynder recoiled and snappily replied, "Is that all you got?" "I don't have time for childish dragon games." The hooded figure said, binding Cynder's mouth. "Now, MOVE ALONG!" she yelled. Cynder, unable to reply, simply herded her young ones as they traveled to a dark fortress in the distance.

Cynder and the hatchlings were mercilessly thrown into a small cell with no windows, and metal bars that even a dragon couldn't break. The hooded figure didn't even remove the bind from Cynder's mouth. Cynder looked helplessly at her young hatchlings. The purple was still tired, the pink had a puncture in one of her small wings, and the blue could barely waddle. She sighed and quickly used a claw to remove her bind.

"Come here, young ones." She said unhappily as the three hatchlings happily came close to their mother. "As a wise old dragon once said, may the ancestors look after you, may they look after us all." Cynder said as she began to fall asleep, just as the hooded figure came back.

When Cynder awoke, her hatchlings were gone, and she had a metal muzzle across her face, when she tried to claw at the muzzle, she found that her paws were chained to the floor. She decided to try and fly, when she found holes in her wings attached to a metal chain that too, was attached to the floor. She wanted to use her tail, but of course it was solidly chained to the floor.

"How do you like your new arrangement?" The hooded figure asked darkly. "This is how you shall slowly die, your hatchlings will soon be trained to obey me, and then Avalar will belong to me!" The hooded figure then removed the hood, and Cynder stared in horror at the creature that was hidden under the hood. It was rather small, and was only the size of one of the hatchlings. "Yes, Cynder, you ruined the Skavengers' ships, and now you too shall be destroyed." Scratch said as he flew off, away from Cynder and towards the hatchlings.

When Spyro awoke, he didn't see Cynder, and then he remembered that she left, so he looked forlornly at the small egg and asked, "What am I to do." As if in response, the egg began to crack. Spyro watched as the egg split perfectly in half, and a small, black, she-dragon came out. She reminded Spyro of Cynder, after all, she was black, and had the same tail spike as Cynder. Her wings were black, and tipped with the start of a small claw, there was a dark blue membrane to her wings, she had small, wavy dark blue crests, had the same horns as Cynder, and had light blue eyes with a black pupil. Spyro thought for a long time about what to name his beautiful daughter, and he named her Evening, although he grew fond of calling her Eve.

Eve began growing up fast, in one week she was large enough to learn her breaths. Spyro taught her how to blow a breath out of her mouth, and she breathed a poison breath that put a hole in the solid rock. Spyro looked down at her, utterly amazed, and all that Eve could manage was a sheepish smile. She then tried another time and this time she breathed Convexity. Spyro knew that the most breaths that a dragon that wasn't purple could breathe was two, so he knew that Eve's abilities were Convexity and Poison.

Evening and Spyro soon had an unbreakable father daughter bond. Spyro never told Eve that she had brothers, a sister, and a mother, and Evening never asked for more thane the small family she had. But that would all soon change.
Night Owl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1942
#2 Posted: 09:51:04 28/06/2008
Great story! GtG
---
Back from hibernation.
SequoiaDragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3930
#3 Posted: 21:51:36 28/06/2008
More more more! smilie
---
My book Harahpin is now on sale! smilie
#4 Posted: 00:31:34 01/07/2008 | Topic Creator
can somebody tell me why there are two of these?
Spyro LUVA Blue Sparx Gems: 638
#5 Posted: 16:48:38 01/07/2008
I wondered that too. When is the next one coming?
---
Look @ my YouTube channel! PLZ subscribe if you like!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SpyroLUVA
OBEY THE HIPNOTOAD! THE HIPNOTOAD KNOWS ALL!
#6 Posted: 16:50:56 01/07/2008 | Topic Creator
I'm not sure...
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#7 Posted: 20:11:06 01/07/2008
Wait, what the? Why did u make another topic with the same fanfic?
#8 Posted: 20:30:48 01/07/2008 | Topic Creator
I DIDN'T MAKE TWO! The Website just made two for some odd reason...
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#9 Posted: 20:32:52 01/07/2008
Oh smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me