Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Fan Fiction > #1 Skylanders - Rise of the Vault Hunters
Page 1 of 1
#1 Skylanders - Rise of the Vault Hunters [CLOSED]
SonicGX98 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1306
#1 Posted: 01:05:20 14/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Welcome darkspyro community, to my first solo fanfic! This will be the prologue for the story (otherwise you would have a REALLY hard time understanding it. Trust me. smilie ). So without further ado, let's begin the story of Skylands own Vault Hunters!

PROLOGUE: RISE OF THE VAULT HUNTERS

It has been ten years since the Skylanders had teamed up with the Giants to defeat Kaos once and for all. After his death at the hands of the leader of the Skylanders, Spyro, the Skylanders felt that peace had finally become permanent in Skylands and decided to disband and live out new lives...or so it had seemed.

A year after Kaos' right-hand man, Glumshanks, rounded up what was left of his master's army, and took control of an ancient Arkeyan fortress and discovered a rare and valuable mineral called Arkeynium. Using the massive wealth and power the Arkeynium could buy, Glumshanks took control of Skylands and proceeded to mine other Arkeynium sites.

However as the years passed, Glumshanks heard word of a massive Arkeyan Vault that contained an ancient Arkeyian warrior powerful enough to wipe out all life on Skylands. The now dissolved Skylanders caught wind of this and decided to form an underground resistance called the New Arkeyan Army, with Drill Sargent as commander, Spyro as field commander, and Ignitor and Chop Chop as field generals. However some Skylanders such as Camo, Stump Smash, Sunburn, Sonic Boom, Hex, Ghost Roaster, Whirlwind, and Gill Grunt had moved on and were never heard from again after the death of Kaos. Unfortunately the resistance was unable to do significant damage to Glumshanks' army for the past nine years and all hope had been lost...or so it had seemed.

During the ten year time lapse several residents of Skylands have joined forces and are working together to find the Vault and kill Glumshanks once and for all.

But what shall we call these heroes? We shall call them, Vault Hunters.

END OF PROLOGUE

So what do you guys think? Dope or Nope? Yes or No? Si y No? Leave your thoughts in the posts below!
---
His name was Lee. He taught me how to survive. He's the reason I keep my hair short.
Mood: smilie Yellow Sparx....Wish I was able to still be blue
Bean Sprout Blue Sparx Gems: 893
#2 Posted: 01:12:57 14/10/2012
I love it! The premise is great! It makes me want to expand on the premise on my upciming fanfic!
And I will start mine as soon as I get the characters so these can run side-by-side! It'll be great!
---
"No, John. It is pretty weird that ghosts have to pee."
#3 Posted: 03:42:42 14/10/2012 | Topic Creator
IKR? It will be awesome! Also I'm bored so I'll write the first chapter now. Enjoy!

CHAPTER 1: NO PLACE FOR A HERO

Four creatures, a fox, a combat robot, a polar bear, and a hedgehog were sitting in a train en route towards the next stop.

"Are you sure you got the right info from the informant, Techno?" the bear said to the robot.
"If my calculations are correct Hydroy, which they always are, that informant from the New Arkeyan Army cleary stated that this train would take us to the rendezvous point." Techno replied.
"Well when are we gonna get there? I'm bored! How about you, Lunarsun?" the hedgehog asked.
"No, Slasher I'm fine. Just trying to concentrate on channeling my magical energy until we get there." Lunarsun replied.

Everyone was sitting down in the train until a strange noise was coming from the train car behind them. Suddenly two Arkeyan Elite bots broke down the door and approached the Vault Hunters.
"It's a trap! Run!" Techno yelled.
Hydroy proceeded to jump out of the train and climb along the wall, Slasher drilled his way onto the top of the car, and Techno and Lunarsun ran through the train dodging the gunfire.
"Keep running! I've got these guys!" Techno yelled to Lunarsun.
As she proceeded to keep running, Techno pulled out his combat rifle a turned to face the robots, taking them out with a few well placed headshots. He then quickly turned around to see five more bots appear right in front of Lunarsun.
"Stand back!" He yelled to her.
Techno than shot a grenade out of his arm and towards the robots, destroying two of them.
Lunarsun, slightly dazed by the explosion, regained consciousness, only to see the three remaining robots in front of her.
Using her magic powers, she then levitated on of the robots into the air and threw it out of the train.
Hydroy then took this opportunity to jump back into the train and then proceeded to rip apart the two remaining robots with his claws.
"Thanks for that." Lunarsun said to him.
"No problem. Where's Slasher?" Hydroy asked her.
Two Arkeyan soldier bodies dropped from the roof along with Slasher.
"Seems like you had some fun." Hydroy said to him.
"It was too easy. So how bout we get to the front of this train and ask the driver some questions?" Slasher said to him.
"Agreed. Let's go!" Techno said.

Techno proceeded to kick down the door and enter the control room. Inside the room was a crude dummy of Glumshanks with several pounds of TNT in the room.
"It's cute you all think you're the heroes of this little adventure, but you're not." Glumshanks said through a radio attached to the dummy.
"Welcome to Skylands kiddos."

BOOM!

END OF CHAPTER 1

Done! So what do you guys think? Brownie points to the first person who gets the title reference!
---
His name was Lee. He taught me how to survive. He's the reason I keep my hair short.
#4 Posted: 03:52:32 14/10/2012
Nice! But I recommend you give credit to all of the fanlanders used in the chapter.
And I am thinking about starting my fanfic earl after i get a few more characters.
I don't know if I can wait for four Skylanders for each element. >.<
---
#5 Posted: 04:18:32 14/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Trust me, it was hard for me to resist too. But if you wait for all of them, it will be better so when you get to a point in your story where you want to introduce a new character, you won't have to wait until someone posts a new character! I'm watching toonami right now. Ever heard of it?
---
#6 Posted: 04:25:15 14/10/2012
Yea, you are probably right. But I just added a couple more of TheSpyrofan12's fanlanders, so I am in a better position than I thought! I just need 1 Magic, 2 Earth, 3 Water, 2 Fire, 3 Tech, 3 Undead, 3 Air, and 3 life. Which means that I need a total of... 20 fanlanders! smilie
And no, I have not heard of it. What is it about? I may watch it on my computer, if it sounds good.
---
#7 Posted: 04:46:43 14/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Toonami was basically a program block that ran on Cartoonnetwork from 1997-2008. It showed mostly anime such as Dragon Ball Z, YuYu Hakusho, One PIece, Morning Star, etc. It also gave important life messages on how to deal with things like bullies and stuff like that, and they also reviewed video games such as Wind Waker, Super Mario Sunshine, and Shadow of the Collosus. It was my favorite thing about CN at the time and I was so mad when they canceled it in 2008. Rumor has it that the reason why was due to the fact how crappy Naruto was on it as well as Ben 10 Alien Force and modern stuff like that. Since then people have been asking to bring Toonami back for the past four years. It wasn't until I watching Adult Swim Anime night on saturday on April fools, I was in the middle of a Family Guy episode when all of the sudden the episode ended and Toonami was ACTUALLY BACK!! For the rest of the night they showed stuff like DBZ, Big O, Astro Boy, etc. and they reviewed Mass Effect 3. I didn't hear anything about toonami for another two months when I was on a three day filed trip to D.C., when we were watching Family Guy AGAIN, when after the episode ended, It was confirmed that Toonami would be on every Saturday Night at 12 P.M. You'll be able to watch it on Adult Swim every Saturday at midnight. They show stuff like Bleach, Full Metal Alchemist, Symbiotic Titan, and Thundercats! They also just reviewed Skyrim a couple of weeks ago too! I would love to see what you think of it!
---
#8 Posted: 04:48:00 14/10/2012
That sounds great! I would love to watch it!
---
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#9 Posted: 07:46:23 14/10/2012
Great!
---
Bring the Fanta
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#10 Posted: 08:45:55 14/10/2012
This story is amazing.I love the fact that the plot was short and sweet and the chapter was amazing.Can't wait till chapter 2
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
prextail202 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4039
#11 Posted: 11:09:55 14/10/2012
WOAH! I love the first chapter!
---
di ****n molto or whatever I guess
skyoutube Green Sparx Gems: 497
#12 Posted: 12:57:52 14/10/2012
WOW I'm totally enjoying this fan-fic. Great job!
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#13 Posted: 13:31:10 14/10/2012
I love it!
#14 Posted: 21:15:23 14/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bean Sprout
Nice! But I recommend you give credit to all of the fanlanders used in the chapter.

Okay. Thanks for the tip!

Techno: Chop Chop102
Lunarsun: Prextail202
Hydroy: Bean Sprout
Slasher: TheSpyroFan12

At the end of every chapter when I introduce a new fanlander I'll credit the creator.
---
#15 Posted: 21:34:04 14/10/2012
Great! And I almost have enough fanlanders!
---
#16 Posted: 22:53:03 14/10/2012
YAAAAAY!
#17 Posted: 18:35:43 16/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Thanks Guys!

CHAPTER 2: MEET HUGO...BOT?

The four Vault Hunters were unconcious, laying nearby the train wreck in a part of the Empire of Ice, now nearly turned into a forzen tundra due to Glumshanks' Arkeynium ming operations.

Neraby them, a figure who looked like Hugo appeared to be digging four small holes in the snow.
"Oh great, more dead Skylanders. Glumshanks has been busy." the figure said to himself as he continued to dig the holes.
Eventually though, Techno began to regain consciousness, follwed by Lunarsun, then Hydroy, and Slasher later.
"You guys alright?" Techno asked the three.
"Yeah, I'm fine." Lunarsun said weakly.
"Same here." Hydroy said
"Me three." Slasher added.

The figure stopped digging and turned around to see the four Vault Hunters on their feet.
"You guys are alive? Great! NOw that I have you guys, I can finally get off this ice cap and join the resistance against Glumshanks! Allow me to introduce myself.My friends call me hugo Bot #032098, which they still would if they weren't missing, or dead, or even existed in the first place!"
"Hey listen, Hugo Bot or wahtever, we just got our ***** blown out of train and landed in a frozen wasteland. You think we could cutthe introductions and find some shelter or something?" Hydroy interrupted.
"Of course, great warriors! Unfortunately though, that train was the only way of fast transportation towards my house, but we only have to walk five miles to get there!" The Hugo Bot said.
"****" Hydroy said.

-------------------------------

Eventually, the five arrived at Hugo Bot's Place, the door locked with a camera looking device in front of it.
"This'll only take a second." the Hugo Bot said as the camera proceeded to scan him. The door immediately opened.
The five of them entered the ramshackle igloo, full of scrap metal, several deactivated Hugo Bots, as well as several drow skeletons. The only thing pleasent was a soothing fireplace in the center.
"I added the extra security awhile ago, have to keep those rougue drows out somehow! Wait here while I get something for you guys and your hard work!" Hugo Bot explained.
The four Vault Hunters sat down on a couch made of frozen ice.
"So we're still sticking to the plan, Techno?" Slasher asked him.
"Yes, once we see what this Hugo Bot has for us, we rest for a bit, then we'll continue towards the Ruins" Techno replied.

Hugo Bot later returned with four wrist-watch like devices.
"Here, take these ECHO devices which I TOTALLY did not loot from those skeletons over there. With these you'll be able to communicate with each other and locate your next destination more easily than you would if you didn't already have one." he explained.
The four Vault Hunters than took the ECHO devices.
"Great this will help us get to the Ruins faster, all I have to do is just put in the coordinates." Techno explained to the rest of the group.
"You're going to the Ruins? Can I come too? I've been longing to get off this big hunk of ice since I was programmed! Plus all of the constant drow trying to attack my house. Especially this big one named Knuckledragger, he's the worst!" Hugo Bot explained.

Just then, a large drow with bright blue skin braged through the ceiling of the house. Hugo Bot, panicked, tried to run away from him, but the drow quickly grabbed him by the face, and proceeded to run out of the house with him, but he was dragging so ferociously, that he ripped Hugo Bot eyes out and left the igloo, not noticing he was only carrying his eyes.
"****! Are you okay?" Slasher asked Hugo Bot.
"I'm fine, luckily robots don't need eyes to live, but I'm as blind as a bat without them! We have to get them back!" he explained.

Suddenly, a holographic image of a purple dragon popped up on all of the Vault Hunters' ECHOS.
"Don't be alarmed, I'm trying to help you get to the Ruins. But first go get that robot's eyes back. I'll explain everything later." The dragon replied.
"Wait, who are you?" Lunarsun asked.
"Who I am is not important, just go, quickly!"
The image then disappeared.

END OF CHAPTER 2

I'm not gonna say who the dragon is, but the dragon was submitted by SpyroFan12.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 15:32:11 25/10/2012 by SonicGX98
#18 Posted: 02:49:34 17/10/2012
Good!
#19 Posted: 20:04:25 22/10/2012
Good! And when will the chapter be finished?
---
Bring the Fanta
#20 Posted: 20:25:53 22/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: TheSpyrofan12

I'll try to get it done tomorrow or Wednesday, since I have no school that day.
---
#21 Posted: 20:26:52 22/10/2012
Quote: SonicGX98

I'll try to get it done tomorrow or Wednesday, since I have no school that day.

Lucky you! I still have the entire week to go. smilie
---
Bring the Fanta
#22 Posted: 18:30:37 25/10/2012
Good! And that one clue makes me know who it is!
---
Bring the Fanta
#23 Posted: 18:33:07 25/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Good! And that one clue makes me know who it is!

Yeah, I didn't want to put the credits, but it just wouldn't be fair if I didn't acknowledge you.
---
Kurui Ripto Gems: 191
#24 Posted: 06:17:44 01/11/2012
"and kill Glumshanks once and for all. "

OH HAAAAAAEEELL NAW

*jumps inside fanfiction and slaughters everyone ,in SAW-like fashion, that has any intention of hurting Glumshanks in the least bit*

*marries Glumshanks*

*lives happy ever after*

/END
#25 Posted: 21:36:04 04/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Hey guys! Wow I haven't seen this in awhile! Well, with the long wait I've had with coming up with ideas I've decided that I will be offically continuing this story this weekend. Really looking forward to working on this!
---
#26 Posted: 23:13:07 16/04/2013
Yay! Im looking forward to reading!
---
#27 Posted: 15:53:22 18/04/2013
Can't wait for the new chapters!
---
Bring the Fanta
#28 Posted: 22:57:55 28/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Okay, so I know I still haven't made a chapter yet, but I've been being pummeled with essays and homework this weekend, but I'm definitely sure that I'll try to to have a chapter up every Saturday from now on. So just hang on for a bit longer, I'll get this done if it's the last thing I do! smilie
---
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#29 Posted: 04:06:13 30/04/2013
Here use fluter for the story.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#30 Posted: 18:08:56 30/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sleepy0429
Here use fluter for the story.

Thanks! Any idea where I can find info for him, or maybe you can PM me the skylander's stats?
---
#31 Posted: 08:05:25 23/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Just making this list for remembering, if i am using anyones skylanders, just pop a comment here and I'll be sure to credit you.

Magic: Fizz-E-Drinkz, Jade, Lunarsun, Emperor Trap
Water: Hydroy, Chill Pill, FinnShock, Glacia
Tech: Techno, Technovork, Robofreak, Gix
Life: Zelda, Forest Fury, Flora, Blow-Foe
Undead: Zombodog, Shadow, Scourge, Diablo
Fire: Flarevil, Salamagma, Zaria, Blazor
Earth: Rumbler, Rockstar, Ka-Bounce, Slasher
Air: Stromee, Air Raider, Twister, Cyclone

Anyway, on with the chapter!

-----------------------------------------

CHAPTER 3: KNUCKLEDRAGGER: THE FIRST CHALLENGE

"What was that all about?" Techno asked Lunarsun.
"No idea, but don't you think it's kind of a coincidence she called us the minute we got these ECHOS? She must know someway to help us take down Glumshanks if she was this urgent to call us." she replied.
"Whoa whoa whoa, how do you know she's so trustworthy. She could be working for Glumshanks for all we know."
"Well do you have a better idea?"
".....no...."
"Luna's right, we've got no other plan at the moment, we'll check out what she wants, but then we're heading to the Ruins." Techno added.
"You'll help? Great! If I'm correct, Knuckledragger should be around the remains of the Ice Empire castle, let's go!" Hugo-Bot said.

The four vault hunters were wandering in the frozen remains of the Empire of Ice in search of the castle, with Hugo-Bot constantly bumping into ice blocks due to being blind.
"You sure you don't need help?" Slasher asked him.
"Of course not, I know this area like the back of my hand!" Hugo-Bot said.
Shortly after saying that, he bumped into another block of ice. "I knew that was there!" he said afterward.

Eventually, they came across a large crater in the ice along with several pieces of debris from the train explosion earlier, with one derailed train car blocking their way.
"Hydroy, think you bust this train car open?" Techno asked.
"With pleasure" he replied.
Hydroy threw a strong haymaker into the train's wall, only to leave a small dent in it, causing him to pull back in pain, his hand quickly turning red and beginning to swell up.
"OW! No way I'm getting theough that, the steel's too reinforced, there's gotta be another way in." he said to Techno.
Just then, Lunarsun noticed a security camera attached to the left side of the train car.
"Wait a minute guys, that's a product scanner. It's allows any of Glumshanks' robots to enter! Maybe we can get Hugo-Bot to stand in front of it and it will open?" she asked them.

-------------------

finish later.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:44:11 16/10/2013 by SonicGX98
#32 Posted: 12:39:54 23/06/2013
I'm happy you continued!
---
#33 Posted: 16:53:07 23/06/2013
Cool!

The ones of mine you used were Fiz-E Drinkz, FinnShock, Robofreak, Zelda, Zombodg, Flarevil, Slasher, and Air Raider.
---
Bring the Fanta
#34 Posted: 15:29:04 14/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Bump/Post: I won't have time to write the next chapter, but my story is getting close to being closed. So I'll just put the name of the next chapter up for you guys to speculate about smilie

CHAPTER 4: THE SOUTHERN SHELF, THE REAL HUGO?
---
#35 Posted: 17:06:42 03/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Guys I feel like I'm not gonna continue this, no one's interested in it anymore. I'm gonna post it on Fanfiction.net and see what they think about it, but unless anyone else says otherwise, I'm probably done.
---
#36 Posted: 12:29:10 25/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Bump. See if any new users like this.
---
#37 Posted: 17:30:36 25/04/2014
Almost forgot about this. Any idea on when (or if) a new chapter will be posted?
---
Bring the Fanta
#38 Posted: 12:13:24 26/04/2014
Oh, I remember this! smilie
You should continue!
---
#39 Posted: 03:29:06 12/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Almost forgot about this. Any idea on when (or if) a new chapter will be posted?

Well if you really want me to, I can try to work on it later this week.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me