Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Non-Spyro > Fearless Minds (Warning: Slightly Disturbing in some areas)
Page 1 of 1
Fearless Minds (Warning: Slightly Disturbing in some areas) [CLOSED]
Hunter 4eva Blue Sparx Gems: 537
#1 Posted: 03:59:27 11/10/2012 | Topic Creator
(This is an original story. And remember, constructive criticism!)

Chapter One:
Waking up in the morning is always a pain for me. Why can't one stay asleep for their entire life? No worrying about the coming hardships, heartbreaks and struggles in the days. Oh well, life is life right? My eyes open at exactly 7:03 that morning. I sigh in annoyance. Why this early? Right at that moment I remember that I had to meet a friend at 8:00 at the cafe! My eyes widen and I jump out of bed. I wince at the cold floor against my feet but persist to get to my closet. When I finally make it to the closet I open the doors widely to see the array of clothing. How do I want to dress today? I actually felt kind of tired and dreary at that moments in all honesty. I weakly grabbed a long sleeved black shirt and some jeans from their hanger. I took off my pajamas a bit to slow, because it was already 7:15 by the time I had gotten fully dressed. My eyes went from the alarm clock to my vanity. I stumble quickly to the vanity, sighing in relief as I sit on the rickety chair in front of it. I brush my tangled red hair until its straight as it should be. I stare at my pale face in the mirror. What is this expression on my face? Why do I look so depressed? I sigh and stand up, then do a normal morning routine. Including the usual things like brushing my teeth, washing my face, things like that. I don't get breakfast, as I remind myself that I will be going to a cafe. I put on my sneakers and grab my purse, then head out the door into the coolness of the morning.
---
Tell me are you the ghost of jealosy?!
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7301
#2 Posted: 04:15:16 11/10/2012
You're a good writer. Keep going!
Sky the Dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3972
#3 Posted: 04:49:38 11/10/2012
Wow Great job Hunter keep up the good work smilie
---
"What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" ~ Paarthurnax
#4 Posted: 04:52:20 11/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Thankyou both!
---
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8298
#5 Posted: 12:00:20 11/10/2012
That was really good, it was written very smoothly.
However, this 1 chapter gives nothing away as to what kind of story this is going to be.
#6 Posted: 12:33:42 11/10/2012 | Topic Creator
(Aha but I'm getting there)
Chapter 2:
Driving down the road, I roll down the window to breath the chilly but fresh air. I would like to close my eyes and fall back asleep, but I know I can't do that as I come back to reality. As I near the cafe, I wonder something. Why does my friend want to meet me here again? Was there a specific reason I had to get up so early in the day? The thought drifts off as I see the brightly colored sign to the cafe. I pull up to the side of the road and park beside a parking meter. Grabbing my purse and getting out of the car, I mutter angrily. Why was I muttering? Because I had to pay for the parking meter! I didn't even know how long it would take! I'll just put in enou money for an hour... does that seem correct? Oh well, it wouldn't matter if it took only five minutes! I was slightly overdue on my taxes, so wasn't this just like giving money to the government? Slightly baffled, I just shake it off and walk into the cafe. My muscles relax and I feel much less tense now that I am in there. It is so warm compared to the air outside. The smell of warm bread and coffee fill the air, making the inside of me feel pleasant once again. Sadly taking me out of that "happy place", I see my friend at a table in the corner of the room. My mind tells myself to go over, but my feet won't. I have to end up dragging my feet behind me if I want to go to the table. When I near the table, my friend looks up and he says, "Ah, you are finally here! I have been waiting for a little while." He grinned in a creepy way, then nodded to the seat opposite of him. "Please, sit down." It seemed like an order, but I eventually made myself do it. I plop myself into the cushy seat and dully look at him. I finally speak up, "Rick, why did you want me?" My voice sounds raspy and tired when I speak, making me slightly blush for sounding so weak. Rick quickly replied in a cheery, but secretive tone, "The project is done." It felt like the wind had gotten knocked out of me. The... the project? You see, the project is a secretive thing started by Yataka Laboraties. I know about it because they based it for me. Why is it for me? Because I am scared of everything. They told be that this "project" would take my biggest fears away from my mind. I never truthfully liked science, or even trusted it! But, after all it was going to help me right? Rick continued after he knew I was done thinking. "They want to test it tonight Pepper. Tonight." Rick told me. His face went from cheery to serious in the blink of an eye. "T-tonight?" I stutter. Rick only nodded. After we both sat there for a few moments, he finally said, "Pepper I will be there to watch tonight, but I really have to... attend to some things right now. I'll see you later!" He quickly got up, grabbed his coat, and walked out of the cafe... leaving me speechless.
---
#7 Posted: 02:41:08 12/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Chapter 3:
For about five minutes, I continued sitting in that chair looking like a baffled idiot. I shook it off after a few minutes so I could get some food. When I ordered I thought about what he had said. When I ate I thought about what he had said. While I was driving in my car I thought about it, mind you almost wrecking into a garbage can. Making a sudden stop when I made it to my driveway, I quickly got out, locked the car, and rushed into my home. I put my back up against my door and panted heavily. All of the sudden impact of Rick's words made an imprint on my brain. Drowsiness began to take over my body, and I slide down, and down, and finally landed on the floor. I decided to rest my eyes for a few seconds, but the seconds soon turned to minutes, which soon turned to slumber.
---
#8 Posted: 15:32:43 27/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Bump :/
---
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8179
#9 Posted: 04:52:32 28/10/2012
That's actually quite good scary but good :3
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#10 Posted: 05:03:47 28/10/2012 | Topic Creator
(Thanks!)

Chapter 4:
I am startled awake by a vibrating in my side. My eyes flickered open from the sudden shock and a gasp a tiny bit. As my groggy mind comes back to normal, I recognize it is only my phone. My hand finds it's way to my pocket, and I slide it open to see a text. It read, "Hey! Don't forget to come tonight!". Obviously, it was from Rick. My fingers feel too weak to write a reply. I only bang my head back against the door and groan aloud. I push myself onto my feet again, steadying myself with the wooden railing beside me. I look out the window and gasp yet again. It was night time! I widen my eyes and check the time on my phone. Seven thirty! I had to be there by eight o' clock! My stomach knaws at me from hunger. I hadn't eaten since early this morning. I had to ignore it, I was going to be late! I find myself once again rushing out the door and into my car again.
---
#11 Posted: 05:32:36 28/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Chapter 5:
It took a good 25 minutes to drive to the lab. I breath in and out carefully, making sure I don't pass out. My hand shakes as I open the door to the lobby, and my legs wobble as I walk. I have a weak smile upon my face, trying to hide my fear. The lady at the desk has straight brown hair, freckles on her tan skin, and rectangular black rimmed glasses. She had very nice white teeth, and was dressed in a brown blazer and pencil skirt. She looked up from her computer and smiled like a model to me. "Name please?" She asked me. Even her voice was luscious. I wish I was that pretty and breath-taking. I snap out of the trance and reply, "Pepper Thompson, ma'am.". She typed my name into the computer, then looked back at me with a grave face. "I see. Good luck." She nodded in the direction of a securely locked door with armed guards by it. I gulp nervously and wobble my way towards it. They looked a my suspiciously and began to move their guns. "No!" I began to cry out. "I'm Pepper Thompson, the test subject." They both nod in unison and open the doors. I silently thank them and continue walking to my doom.
---
Mad Jack1123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1759
#12 Posted: 14:45:25 28/10/2012
This is preaty good!
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
#13 Posted: 15:47:53 28/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Thanks!
---
#14 Posted: 00:12:54 29/10/2012
O3o now the startling part WILL PEPPER LIVE!!??! (no spoilers please I'm good)
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#15 Posted: 04:00:49 29/10/2012 | Topic Creator
(DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUN)
Chapter 6:
My teeth chatter, though it was quite hot. I could feel sweat bead on my forehead (which mind you is very uncomfortable). When I finally get out of the long metal hallway, I find myself staring at an elevator. I found it a bit queer, but I press a few buttons and go down... and down... and down. Like the elevator itself, I feel my stomach sinking as well. It makes a sudden stop, making me fall back into the wall of the elevator. I laugh nervously at myself, look around, then walk out when the doors slide open. I expected something different than what I saw of the underground laboraty. It was huge! About 100 scientists were in this one room. They were all in white coats, and all had black dress pants on. One friendly looking male scientist walked briskly over to me with a wide grin. He had short black black hair, which looked pretty radiant for a dark color of hair. His skin looked as if he hadn't been in the sun his entire life! I sort of shyed a bit backwards, but he kept coming towards me. He burst out as if he knew me forever, "Hey Pepper! You're finally here! We have been waiting for a while!" I looked at him suspiciously and ask, "A friend of mine, and a scientist here, was supposed to be here sir." I raise an eyebrow in a questioning manner. He answered right away without a thought, "Rick Evans? Yeah, he's here! Don't worry about a thing! By the way, the name is David Gratio. Pleasure to meet you." he lifted both eyebrows repeatedly. Was this his idea of flirting? I see Rick's familiar face coming to David and I. Rick spoke up to my rescue, "I'm right here Pepper. Uh, David. I think they need you over in the last wirering set up." Rick nodded his head in the direction of that. David smiled, winked at me, then walked off. "Jerk..." I muttered near Rick. He burst out into a fit of laughter, making me feel maybe 5% better then I was before. Rick and I both look to the ceiling when we hear a voice over the speakers, "Attention all scientists who are unaware: We will now be starting the expierment. Repeat, now starting expierment. Pepper Thompson, please walk over to the large capsule in the middle of the room." I froze. It was like being sentenced to death. I feel warmth cover my body suddenly when I wasn't paying attention. It was Rick pulling me into a tight hug. When he pulls me out of it, we give eachother one look. It seemed to say: Goodbye. I will miss having you in my life. My heart feels like it's beating slower. I don't remember walking over to the capsule, but I found myself locked in a clear capsule with many tubes attatched to it. I examine it for about one second, before I see David give a signal to a man who is sitting at a table of buttons. My brain goes to the next panic mode: escape! Without me even realizing I am doing it, I am banging on the inside of the capsule, screaming to let me out. Rick knows I can't do this, I see it by his face. He runs over to David and looks angry with him. To my horror, David knocks him on the head with a metal flashlight. I see Rick fall to the ground, beaten up and defenseless as guards carry him off. But he had one more move. I am guessing with adrenilan, he pushes the guards away and sprints to the man by the table of buttons. He tackles him to the ground, but the other man's foot gets caught in a wire. It triggered the project to begin. I feel coldness again, and see green mist coming into the tube. Rick screams "No" and I feel my mind change a little. Another scientist was trying to get Rick off of David, but landed on a large red button. I see a countdown on a few large screens that start at twenty seconds. Everything is now slow motion. I see David and a lot of other scientists in protective suits. I see Rick being rushed off into securely locked doors with guards holding his arms. Wait. 3,2,1. I can't remember everything about that moment. I feel myself being blown back, and a large and heavy weight pounded me in the gut. Everything was red and orange with fire and explosion. Then what happened? Darkness.

Chapter 7:
You probably think I would be dead. If you thought that, you would be wrong. I remember being half awake and half asleep, more asleep though. I heard David talking about Rick, then me. I saw doctors and nurses, and suddenly saw myself behind rusty bars in a square stone area. I wake up instantly. But, that wasn't instantly. Don't worry, that will be explained in a second. I heard metal against metal, and felt something cold against my wrists and ankles. My sight goes from fuzzy to clear, and I see myself clasped in hand cuffs and my ankles shackled to the wall. My head aches, my muscles are sore, and my throat is scratchy. I saw a guard guarding the main door of the prison. In a raspy voice I speak up, "Excuse me. I don't want to sound like an idiot, but how did I get here?" I asked. He looked at me cautiously and menacingly and responded, "Dr. David said you would be a threat since you survived that explosion about four days ag-" I didn't let him finish, because I burst out, "4 days?" The guard nods. I guess he had a communicating chip in his ear, because he walked outside of the prison door, locked it, and went away. Something in the back corner of my eye caught me. The person sharing my cell- it was Rick! I turn around instantly and we embrace eachother with a hug. I feel a shaking and a little sound, but I ignore it and we pull eachother out of the hug. He sounded completely fine, and looked fine when he said, "You feel a tremor?" he grinned teasingly, but I lift an eyebrow. I begin saying, "What do y-" but feel that odd feeling again. "Like that?" My last word was dragged on a little, because I felt nauscious. "Like what?" he asks, still looking mischevious. I just smile weakly and we hug again. This time that feeling happens again, but we both feel it. "They are planning something in the science room. Banging stuff around, trying to make the rocks fall down with tremors." Rick laughed. I gave him a long hard stare and punch his shoulder. "This isn't a laughing matter!" I was beginning to repramand, but he added on, "Oh yeah... one more thing. They are working with poisons." He knows I am angry now, and I blew up at him. "Are you insane! Things will not be alright! We are going to die!"
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:27:09 29/10/2012 by Hunter 4eva
#16 Posted: 04:24:03 29/10/2012
smilie that's now getting really tense (but still cool)
---
icon from Empoh
#17 Posted: 04:27:32 29/10/2012 | Topic Creator
I added on another chapter to that. REAAAAD
---
#18 Posted: 04:32:09 29/10/2012
OH GOD POISONS!!! DON'T DIE!
---
icon from Empoh
#19 Posted: 04:34:01 29/10/2012 | Topic Creator
HAHA SO INTENSE
---
#20 Posted: 04:39:07 29/10/2012
INTENSITY LEVEL OVER 9000!
---
icon from Empoh
#21 Posted: 04:02:44 30/10/2012 | Topic Creator
(haha)
Chapter 8:
Rick smiles and lifts an eyebrow at me the whole time I yell at him. Sometimes he would laugh, which made me angrier. He finally spoke up when I was in mid sentence, saying, "So the test is beginning to take affect." I blinked for once second, and when I looked back he was stone serious. The smile was gone, the twinkling eyes, the playfulness, gone. I was kind of afraid, so I backed up all the chains would allow me to. He winced a little as he got up to his feet, and looked me right in the eyes. My voice was a little shaky when I asked, "How can you tell?" Rick replied, sounding very strict, "Because you're changing!" "Oh, so there's something wrong with change?" I retorted in reply. I couldn't believe in my mind that I said that to my best friend. Instead of myself being afraid of him, he looked sheepish and afraid. I felt myself tense my muscles and clench my teeth tightly. Oh, but it was too late to take back those awful words as he replied angrily, "That's exactly what I'm trying to say! You just gave me an example for yourself!" His facial expression softened into a shy grin and he went on, "You're usually so soft-spoken and shy. Apparently, the expierment is sinking in. Not only was it supposed to make you fear nothing, but have an even worse temper than normal on the first two stages of the process." It must have been hormones or something, because I facepalmed and burst into tears. I slid to my knees and curled up in a ball, feeling helpless and alone. I hear Rick mutter, "Oh yeah... it adds onto hormones too..."
---
#22 Posted: 22:25:26 30/10/2012
smilie well now maybe the experiment changes appearance too?
---
icon from Empoh
#23 Posted: 03:21:09 31/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Haha what?
---
wingsofpurple Yellow Sparx Gems: 1023
#24 Posted: 03:33:28 31/10/2012
It's amazing! keep 'er goin'!
---
"Man! will you ever run out of muffins?"
"No. Because I work at ze muffin factory."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:33:40 31/10/2012 by wingsofpurple
#25 Posted: 03:36:34 31/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Thank you! :3
---
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5391
#26 Posted: 02:07:19 15/11/2012
Moar plz.
---
BREATHE AIR.
#27 Posted: 04:29:12 15/11/2012 | Topic Creator
(Oh wow people actually looked at this willingly)
Chapter 9:
I felt myself coming to my mind yet again. For some reason, I felt different then I did before I cried myself to sleep. I felt ashamed I cried, because it was petty and weak to feel emotion. Rick apparently saw me awaken, welcoming me back saying, "Morning sleeping beauty." His hair was messed up, he had dark bags under his eyes from lack of sleep, and his voice was scratchy from lack of water and the poison in the air. Without thinking, I growled in reply, "Shut up..." To my surprise, I didn't sound like him. I sounded completely strong and normal. I smirked, thinking I was the superior. I almost felt bad when he whimpered in shock, with a sulky look upon his dirt-smudged face. We didn't speak for hours. We just sat there looking at one another. I glared, he looked at me innocently with his innocent fearful eyes. It was like a staring contest with blinking allowed. We didn't look anywhere else. We both lost to eachother when we heard the door open with a loud squeak. A guard came in. He didn't say a word at all. He unlocked the door to our cell carefully. He didn't look at Rick, he just grabbed me by the arm tightly and tried to drag me out. I felt like I wasn't scared of him. I nashed at him with my teeth, kicked, screamed, even tried wiggling away from the grip. Rick didn't do anything. He sat there with a helpless look in his eyes, seeming to say "I'm sorry.". Sorry? Sorry! That was all he had to imply! The guard most likely had gotten angry with me, because I felt like someone had electrocuted me. I vibrated violently for a few seconds, and blacked out.
---
Vikky J Blue Sparx Gems: 996
#28 Posted: 04:36:07 15/11/2012
Wow good
---
AYO It's been a hot minute huh? I finally found my old password lmao
#29 Posted: 05:07:46 15/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Chapter 10:
Does it seem strange to you, that I keep on blacking out and awakening again? Well, yet again, I woke up. I was sitting in a wooden chair, with my feet and hands tied together. My waist was tied to the chain with a sleek metal chain, about one inch tall, but wide enough to tie me to the chair. The room was completely wall. Yes, everything. From the ceiling, walls, and floor, it was a pure white that seemed bright enough to blind a weak eyed person. There was silence. No noise at all in the room. It was so quiet I could hear my heart beating. What was going on? I was just an innocent young woman, trying to live my life quietly. It was all of my fault for wanting to have no fear. Even then, I could feel my mind changing from a scared, shy person to a tough, get-out-of-my-way kind of person. It felt both pleasing and strange. I wished I could have turned back time. To my relief, something happened. Although I wouldn't be relieved for much longer. In front of me, one of the walls started to change into different panels, forming a screen. On the screen, it was horrible! It was ugly! It was my worst nightmare! David. It was David. The man who was flirting with me, then tried to sabotage me. The man who hurt Rick. The man who threw me in prison. But worst of all: the man who ruined my life as I knew it. In the back of my mind (which seemed the most logical then) I was crying in terror. My state if mind then was fearless, trying to act bravely.
---
#30 Posted: 23:05:00 15/11/2012
O3c Finish that David!
---
icon from Empoh
#31 Posted: 15:18:54 16/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Haha smilie you'll see.....
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me