Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
:) A Bit of Advice [CLOSED]
Masamune Red Sparx Gems: 90
#1 Posted: 19:37:20 06/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Hi everyone! I've been lurking around this Forum for some time, without actually creating an account. XP; I've only recently come to terms with the fact that it ISN'T weird for an adult to have a passion for this game. I'm 25 and I love Skylanders! smilie I was introduced to the game by another adult, and have since met a fair few other adults that are fans of it as well! So now, it's all good!

So anyways, down to the advice! I'm here in the UK, where sadly we don't have Skylanders Sidekicks! I was able to find a lovely American (through another hobby), who was willing to get my the Sidekicks at cost price. They cost just under £30 for the full set. That was for the 4 multipacks of crisp, the Skylanders fees and the P&P to the UK.

smilie Instead of getting cranky at America members of this Forum because they get all the exclusives, why not ask one of them nicely if they would help you get the Sidekicks? Maybe they could get them sent to a neighbour? Obviously there's a lot of trust involved, but my guy sent me a proper Paypal invoice, stating what I was paying for a such, so I was protected.

If all else fails, just buy them on eBay! They'll cost you a lot more though. smilie I just think that if you want something, you should get it! I love my little Sidekicks. They're very cute, and definitely worth the £30 in my opinion.
---
UK Fan!
Own: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Want: smiliesmiliesmilie
Purple n Spyro Ripto Gems: 1096
#2 Posted: 20:17:57 06/10/2012
Uh, Ebay isn't always a good site. I got ripped off.
#3 Posted: 20:21:41 06/10/2012 | Topic Creator
smilie I never said it was. I did say they would cost a lot more on eBay, which is why doing what I did would be a cheaper alternative.
---
UK Fan!
Own: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Purple n Spyro Ripto Gems: 1096
#4 Posted: 20:22:47 06/10/2012
Ohh I see.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#5 Posted: 20:25:27 06/10/2012
There are people complaining about "America exclusive stuff for Skylanders" when Activision Blizzard is an American company? I suppose they could complain to Vivendi since they own majority share...

...Oh wait, I don't go to the Skylanders forums. That probably explains why I would know. ^.^
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#6 Posted: 20:38:57 06/10/2012 | Topic Creator
LOL, I don't think people should complain at all. smilie It's just how it is. Like I said, I'm in the UK, and I'm not complaining. I decided I wanted the Sidekicks, but didn't want to pay eBay prices, so I searched for an American to help me. smilie
---
UK Fan!
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#7 Posted: 23:16:34 06/10/2012
And why does this not belong in the Skylanders section?
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
#8 Posted: 00:52:29 07/10/2012
Quote: Dragons-go-hrr

Does it really matter? =_= No one ever really looks in the "General" thread anyway anymore. I personally like seeing new topics here. >.>
---
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5448
#9 Posted: 03:25:40 07/10/2012
Imma a bit late but welcome! smilie
SpyroSC Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#10 Posted: 05:15:58 07/10/2012
Skylanders stuff in general? BLASPHEMY!!

Anyway, hope you get the toys.
---
IT'S A DRAGON
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#11 Posted: 05:20:07 07/10/2012
Well, it's not like I want exclusives. I just want them to give everyone a chance to get everything. Sure, we can ask someone for help, but Acti, oh, Acti... They didn't have to complicate things like that. smilie It's even worse when you're a collector because you'd desire both sealed and opened sets of everything.
And since they don't believe in equal releases, the only other compensation is to give equal exclusives.
Quote: HIR
Quote: Dragons-go-hrr

Does it really matter? =_= No one ever really looks in the "General" thread anyway anymore. I personally like seeing new topics here. >.>

YES! YES! smilie I am sick of seeing the Spyro Forums dead.
#12 Posted: 11:49:40 07/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Lol, sorry guys, I'm still quite new to this Forum. smilie I thought "General" was the best place for this topic, but feel free to move it if needs be!

I'm a bit taken aback myself by the collectable nature of the figures. All of mine are unboxed, except for my glow in the dark Warnado. Sadly, he was in the Camo/Ignitor/Warnado triple pack when I found him, and I already had Camo/Ignitor/Warnado. So yeah, I left the GITD version boxed!

I think they're much nicer to have on display. And yes, I do think it's a shame that Sidekicks were made available in a crisp promotion, but they probably wouldn't have been much cheaper if they were sold at retail. The sets on eBay are stupidly priced, but people are still buying them. Can't really blame sellers for making a profit if that's what the Skylanders community is willing to pay. smilie
---
UK Fan!
#13 Posted: 15:36:15 07/10/2012
Pretty much every game store I see has big displays set up for Skylanders. And the children's game market was one of two markets Activision had no stake in before Skylanders (the other being sports games because **** you EA). >.>
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me