Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Cynder [CLOSED]
Night Owl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1942
#1 Posted: 19:36:46 24/06/2008 | Topic Creator
I know they aren't mine, Razzek did them. But i'm saving you the trouble for them.

She felt the change from peace to chaos while inside her dusky black shell. The world shook violently around her and, soon after the quakes began, she forced her way out of what had suddenly become a prison. Seeing the first few lines wending over the egg's pebbled surface, the Ape King picked her up and watched closely. Her first lesson was that Gaul was not often patient.
One milky green eye watched the ape's massive fingers descend from the hole she'd pierced in her fragile shelter. Gaul cracked the egg open himself, pulling the screeching, wriggling hatchling forcefully into the world.
Snarling, she sank her toothless beak into his thick finger. He howled and tried to shake her off but she knew already how life was to be and maintained her grip, digging her soft infant talons into his skin for a better hold. He grabbed her damp wings between thumb and finger and ripped her off, a hunk of foul ape-flesh clenched in her jaws. She shrieked with pain and fury. "Wretch," the Ape King growled. "Count yourself fortunate to be under my Master's favor." He dropped the little black dragon into the clumsy hands of an underling and turned away. "See to it that the little beast is fed, cared for, and unharmed. Our Master wants it to live." Hissing, she flared her tiny wings at Gaul's retreating back.

Nights at the Temple are warm, but I feel cold inside. Even through stone walls I can feel the moons coming closer to one another. The mountain is calling my name. I know what this means and it fills me with a mix of dread and twisted hope. These people have been nothing but kind to me. I don't want to hurt them...again. I have to go. Quietly, I slip through the Temple doors and into the dark.

"...and we shall have our revenge!"
The shouts and hooting don't help her confusion. Not so long ago, Cynder would be with them, crouched beside Gaul's throne, roaring with the crowd. Now she huddles in chains beside a lowly commander, frightened without knowing why. She makes a decision then. When the Dark Master returns, she will join him...unless Spyro comes. If he makes it, she will stand by him. Her heart tells her this is right and, for once, she listens.
---
Back from hibernation.
fantasy luver Yellow Sparx Gems: 1286
#2 Posted: 20:43:00 25/06/2008
That's awesome, I liked that a lotsmilie
Night Owl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1942
#3 Posted: 06:47:04 26/06/2008 | Topic Creator
Thanx, though i'monly coping and pasting from razzeks deviantart page. She comes on here a bit as Raz. Heres the rest

Her warriors in Tall Plains are turning red. This fascinates Cynder. All her life, the apes came in shades of splotchy gray and greenish yellow. Had their faces not been the same bone white she was so familiar with, Cynder thinks she could have mistaken them for a lost troupe. Watching Asca drill his soldiers, his once-dusty hide now shot through with brilliant crimson, Cynder wonders what other colors her adoptive people come in and how they change. She resolves to ask Gaul the next time they meet.

His breathing is fast and shallow, the magic siphoning off him dancing over his skin in red arcs. It's lovely, almost like home.

"You deserve this, ice Guardian," Cynder says with glee, pacing around him. "Your friend, the yellow one, said some very incriminating things." She's lying, of course. It's fun to goad these males, unravel them before leaving them to die in the elements. Really, what else is there to do for fun in this backwater jungle? A tear rolls down Cyril's cheek and she can't help but smile.

The first time she saw the purple dragon, she was overwhelmed by the desire to rip him apart. That, of course, was her Master's instinct, goading her to destroy any rivals he might have. Upon their second meeting, she was in as much control as she ever was and decided to be merciful. He was, after all, kin of a sort. Their last meeting, she'd had enough of him. She'd given him every chance and he'd decided to follow her anyway. Well, now he would pay the price. How was she to know he would kill her?

Commander Duskear cowered before the black dragoness. "I don't care what excuses you have!" Cynder snarled, bladed tail lashing. "I want him found! The fire Guardian is the last piece. Earth and Sky help you if I see you again and you haven't found him!" Her tail slammed down in front of his face, sheering a few hairs off his beard. Duskear cringed as Cynder turned on him. "What are you still doing here?!" she roared. "Get out of my sight and find him!" She kicked a clod of mud into his face as she took to the air.

The pirates weren't much for superstition, but some fears never ebb (a spark of pride welled up in her at the realization of the source). They treated her with a respect she knew intimately, the sort borne of terror. All they wanted from her was a good fight and, surely, something with such accursed colors, the demon herself, would deliver such. When the Dreadwing grabbed her, Cynder heard, faintly over the chaos, a terrified voice howling: "I told you she was bad luck! Skabb's killed us all with that black devil!"

"Gaul, are you a ghost?"
"Hmph. Who told you that?"
"No one. I was just wondering. You don't smell like everyone else and you don't smell like anything alive."
"Very astute of you, whelpling. Tell me, could a ghost do this?"
"Ouch!"
"Don't. I'll knock the rest of your baby teeth out."
"Hrrmph. Anyway, how should I know? I haven't met any ghosts. You taste like dirt, by the way."
"Ask me again in a year or two, if you still care. Maybe I'll tell you the truth, if our Master hasn't already."

The first time she fell in the river, Spyro couldn't help but laugh. Sparx laughed so hard he fell out of the air. "I'm wet!" Cynder howled, startled and outraged. "Don't you...haven't you ever seen water before?" Spyro managed between stifled giggles. "Of course I have! It's just not so...invisible. Does it glow at night?" "Ew, no! Unless you want to count the moon reflecting off it." "Hmm... Interesting." She sniffed the water around her ankles then stuck her tongue in it. "It tastes pretty good."

Gatherings around the Pool of Visions often lead to good conversation. "Heathens and temple destroyers." But not always. "They're little more than uncouth barbarians, really. Uneducated hoodlums..."
"Hardly worth our efforts to kill them."
"Stop it!" Cynder yells, tail lashing. "Gaul used to say the same things about you. Sometimes, I think he was right." She stalks away, leaving the Guardians in ashamed silence.

23. Lovers

"Cynder, what are you doing out here? It's dangerous."
Oh, no. No, no, no! Leaving is hard enough without him showing up to try and stop me. Even if I hoped he would.

The conversation is brief. He is naive, doesn't know what it's like in the world, or within me.
"I don't want you to go."
Of course not. He had to say it.
"Don't make this any harder than it is, Spyro."
I turn from him and run. I don't look back and he doesn't follow. I want to cry, but I don't. It's best this way.
---
Back from hibernation.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me