First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
The Best Spyro Game Ever? ...what? [CLOSED]
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#51 Posted: 20:49:31 26/10/2012
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Quote: HIR
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

Well okay, it's over-rated from the LoS fans then.

Yes, and now the site's reversed course because Skylanders came out and several people who championed DotD are not as in love with it because when stacked up against Skylanders, LoS is a very bad set of games and DotD is the worst of the three. ;>.>

So why have the majority rated DOTD as number one then? And in my personal opinion, I think that TEN is the worst of the three.

Well you're entitled to your opinion. DotD looks nicer... but that's about the only thing it does better. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
SpyroCrazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1648
#52 Posted: 21:10:47 26/10/2012
Personally, I think TEN is best just because I think it is the most challenging, and it has a pretty dramatic storyline. No matter what, I always find bits of that game difficult, particularly when I haven't played it for a while. It's satisfyingly tough, unlike ANB (which is actually incredibly easy once you've got your breaths upgraded), and it has a slightly more diverse feel to it, just because it has a few collectables and puzzles. Plot and script wise, both A New Beginning and The Eternal Night are strong, and Dawn of the Dragon had a lot of potential, but it just didn't cut it. It was still pretty fun, but a bit too different - it didn't have the same feel that the other two did. Regardless, I still think the game would've held its own if they'd only worked on the script, characterisation and voice acting more - Cynder's voice actress was absolutely horrendous.
---
SuperWhoAvengePokéThatterLock
#53 Posted: 00:42:11 27/10/2012
TEN uses very cheap difficulty. The most blatant examples are the "shooter" boss fights like Arborick (spelling?). It's only hard because the camera wigs out and the controls were not designed particularly well, so you stand a good chance of accidentally killing yourself (mind you this is just the PS2 version, the Wii may have done it better... or worse).
---
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#54 Posted: 03:13:41 27/10/2012
I agree with you all the way spyrocrazy!smilie about ANB, TEN and DotD there.

@HIR: TEN does tend to gang up or cheap shot you. Wii-wise thugh arboric is easy. Gaul is the hardest boss I ever fought in a video game. He doesn't cheat though. But when there are tons of enemys they like like to lock you in.

Personally TEN is my favorite.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#55 Posted: 19:29:57 27/10/2012
That goddamn pirate ship level is always hard no matter what, but that's good, I think.
---
#56 Posted: 22:35:58 27/10/2012
I actually like ANB because once you're leveled up it's pretty satisfying to just DESTROY EVERYTHING THAT MOVES AH HA HA HA HA HA~! MWAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! And Dark Spyro just didn't have that same level of satisfaction. Also the platforming sections in TEN really wasn't up to snuff. I glitched through a lot of platforms and found some really wonky collision detection. There's a reason TEN got a lower score from critics...
---
Thundergold Red Sparx Gems: 96
#57 Posted: 04:36:50 28/10/2012
We cant forget the importance of the different art and graphic styles throughout the Spyro franchise. visuals alone cant make a game good,but if bad it could easily ruin it.Personally I liked the LOS style best in this particular category,but I cant be sure because the older ones were not as graphically improved because of the ealier gaming technology.Therefor,it would be very interesting to see a spyro from each game enhanced at an even level in graphics and then stood side by side......yeah,that would cool.
#58 Posted: 09:11:53 28/10/2012
I actually like ANB because once you're leveled up it's pretty satisfying to just DESTROY EVERYTHING THAT MOVES AH HA HA HA HA HA~! MWAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! And Dark Spyro just didn't have that same level of satisfaction. Also the platforming sections in TEN really wasn't up to snuff. I glitched through a lot of platforms and found some really wonky collision detection. There's a reason TEN got a lower score from critics...

ANB is very satisfying when you've levelled up, and I generally prefer the breaths on there, but I just think that the fact that the breaths aren't as powerful on TEN makes it a much more challenging game. They're helpful, but they're not superpowers. I also really liked the Dragon Time element - it allowed for a new angle to the game.
---
The Khaos Red Sparx Gems: 15
#59 Posted: 19:54:23 30/12/2012
Eternal Night was cool and hard... either way... yes I do consider DotD the best one.
---
TLoS Faithful Fan Deal with it...
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#60 Posted: 02:05:00 01/01/2013
Quote: SpyroCrazy
Personally, I think TEN is best just because I think it is the most challenging, and it has a pretty dramatic storyline. No matter what, I always find bits of that game difficult, particularly when I haven't played it for a while. It's satisfyingly tough, unlike ANB (which is actually incredibly easy once you've got your breaths upgraded), and it has a slightly more diverse feel to it, just because it has a few collectables and puzzles. Plot and script wise, both A New Beginning and The Eternal Night are strong, and Dawn of the Dragon had a lot of potential, but it just didn't cut it. It was still pretty fun, but a bit too different - it didn't have the same feel that the other two did. Regardless, I still think the game would've held its own if they'd only worked on the script, characterisation and voice acting more - Cynder's voice actress was absolutely horrendous.

^This.
I agree with you 100%.
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
#61 Posted: 02:37:17 01/01/2013
TEN Cynder is the best Waterbender dragon! *brick'd* WHERE DO PEOPLE KEEP GETTING THESE BRICKS?! >.<
---
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#62 Posted: 10:48:31 27/01/2013
Quote: SpyroCrazy

ANB is very satisfying when you've levelled up, and I generally prefer the breaths on there, but I just think that the fact that the breaths aren't as powerful on TEN makes it a much more challenging game. They're helpful, but they're not superpowers. I also really liked the Dragon Time element - it allowed for a new angle to the game.

On the contrary, I found the breathes in TEN more powerful and useful than in ANB. Partly because they were better designed as combo linkers, while they were just meant as stand alone attacks in ANB.

Plus, there was a technique I discovered in TEN that made the breathes incredibly useful.

As for the question in this topic, DotD is one of my favourite Spyro games.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me