Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Universe [CLOSED] > Ground Defense is borderline unplayable.
Page 1 of 1
Ground Defense is borderline unplayable. [CLOSED]
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#1 Posted: 21:10:58 07/09/2012 | Topic Creator
I can't stand it. On higher waves, there's just so much stuff on screen that even good computers slow down to a near stand still, but while the game itself lags, the mouse inputs doesn't, so while you're mashing that rune because you got caught in an explosion, you might end up just attacking those bomb guys and get caught in ANOTHER explosion, and Eon help you if the airship decides to just cover the whole area with bombs, slowing the game down EVEN MORE, while all the enemies get to have free reign with the gem chasm while you're frozen in place because the game just won't let you move at all.

It's ridiculous.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
centaurion Yellow Sparx Gems: 1128
#2 Posted: 21:40:43 07/09/2012
Yeah there is too much lag in ground defense at the moment making it impossible to play, if you get zapped your frozen until the end of the level smilie
Sky defense is exactly the same reached rage mode 6 then turret froze and I couldn't move guns so turret got blasted smilie
---
smilie Procrastination is the thief of time smilie
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#3 Posted: 22:42:49 07/09/2012
I had that problem too on Firefox.

However, I found that if I switched to Google Chrome, it worked flawlessly, and I was able to beat every level with ease. This could just be my computer though. So far, I only use Chrome to play Universe, and it's 85% lag-free overall. Poor Firefox can no longer run Universe at all smilie
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#4 Posted: 23:36:02 07/09/2012
I ended up switching to Chrome yesterday because it can play Minecraft online too. Firefox is my favorite browser... It's so sad that it sucks at playing games like it does.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#5 Posted: 00:49:03 08/09/2012
I know that feel. I stopped playing most of them once I got to a certain level because too much stuff is happening at once. You'd need a strictly gaming computer in order to play some of these things T___T
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#6 Posted: 13:18:13 08/09/2012
I'm trying to play it now and the menu isn't even working properly. For the first time this session I was forced to refresh. smilie
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#7 Posted: 13:44:10 08/09/2012
did you use google chrome?
---
THE END IS NEAR
#8 Posted: 13:46:08 08/09/2012
I used it, it's working now. Think it just needed to get into the cache but failed to correctly load it. Cache save if good.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#9 Posted: 21:02:45 08/09/2012
My best solution was to grind the hell out of my Skylanders of choice before playing the game.With good speed,it lowers the chance of getting stunned,and considering how fast my computer can run that thing,getting stunned once already makes me restart the damn thing.They should seriously find a way to make it run better,and spamming Earth Spell Punks to fill every single Troll around them with an aura that makes the game even slower doesn't help.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#10 Posted: 11:17:40 09/09/2012
Quote: RadSpyro
I had that problem too on Firefox.

However, I found that if I switched to Google Chrome, it worked flawlessly, and I was able to beat every level with ease. This could just be my computer though. So far, I only use Chrome to play Universe, and it's 85% lag-free overall. Poor Firefox can no longer run Universe at all smilie

Why didn't you use chrome before? It's awesome!
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
#11 Posted: 11:19:01 09/09/2012
Quote: Nibelilt
I ended up switching to Chrome yesterday because it can play Minecraft online too. Firefox is my favorite browser... It's so sad that it sucks at playing games like it does.

Why is firefox your favorite? I can't stand it.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
L Cynder Platinum Sparx Gems: 5744
#12 Posted: 12:05:44 09/09/2012
Wow. I always have that problem as well. I'll never know when my computer will lag on me so I can't clear my ground defense and sky defense higher levels. It's so annoying. smilie
---
favs smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#13 Posted: 12:26:37 09/09/2012
Quote: Ryanator20x6

-Home button is default
-Button layout is nicer
-Icon is cooler
-Designated browser site is useful
-Faster for browsing
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#14 Posted: 17:29:57 09/09/2012

-Home button is default
-Button layout is nicer
-Icon is cooler
-Faster for browsing

Same answer for me too.

Plus, I get fed up of Chrome using Google as my Homepage, when I've asked it to be Universe. I'm sure there's a way around it, but if IE and Firefox can do it automatically, I'm sticking to one of them.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#15 Posted: 22:49:03 15/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: RadSpyro

-Home button is default
-Button layout is nicer
-Icon is cooler
-Faster for browsing

Same answer for me too.

Plus, I get fed up of Chrome using Google as my Homepage, when I've asked it to be Universe. I'm sure there's a way around it, but if IE and Firefox can do it automatically, I'm sticking to one of them.

Basically these.

Ugh, who can I complain about the lag in this game, it's ridiculous? I shouldn't have to farm the first few levels just to get those objectives because they're not as laggy.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#16 Posted: 08:19:00 16/10/2012
Quote:
Ugh, who can I complain about the lag in this game, it's ridiculous? I shouldn't have to farm the first few levels just to get those objectives because they're not as laggy.

Agreed. I just keep grinding Level 3 of GD for Hero Points because almost everything after 5 is too slow. It's a shame because I really do enjoy going through them...
#17 Posted: 20:38:46 30/10/2012 | Topic Creator
It's to the point where I won't even touch the higher levels unless my Skylanders are leveled enough to where they can one shot most of the trolls.
---
#18 Posted: 22:50:55 30/10/2012
I have no slowdown. Maybe your computers are the problem?
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#19 Posted: 23:46:22 30/10/2012
I don't play Ground Defense as it's WAY too hard for me anyway!
sonsilv2 Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#20 Posted: 20:02:33 31/10/2012
i wish they would just fix the lag problem
joshualamberg54 Ripto Gems: 0
#21 Posted: 01:17:45 14/11/2012
Actually, I had that problem too when I used Firefox, so I switched to Google Chrome, it worked flawlessly, and I was able to beat every level with ease..
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:07:58 16/11/2012 by dark52
CHeMnICORn Green Sparx Gems: 117
#22 Posted: 06:23:10 16/11/2012
Managed to beat every level despite the lag. The key? EARTH POWER. Used Bash and pretty much just stood by the gem mine. Whenever they got too close I used the power boost to keep them at bay. BARELY MADE IT in the last level. smilie
---
Have smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie and smilie smilie
want smilie smilie polar smilie
Portalmaster name: Legend Divinedragon
TK-949 Green Sparx Gems: 197
#23 Posted: 06:26:51 25/01/2013
Thanks for the hint. CHROME works fine.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#24 Posted: 18:42:45 25/02/2013
Wow! Universe is FAST on my new computer, even all of the minigames, on Firefox too!

Too bad that the server is still so bad though, I've had quite a few annoying glitches. smilie I have this one with a very glitchy teasure chest, again.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me