Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Would I enjoy Skylanders if I liked the Legend Series?
Page 1 of 1
Would I enjoy Skylanders if I liked the Legend Series? [CLOSED]
draconicMIND1 Blue Sparx Gems: 783
#1 Posted: 11:17:00 21/08/2012 | Topic Creator
I am quite curious about Skylanders and would like to play it, but I've heard that it would be childish and a poor game compared to the Legend Series. I loved the Legend series with Elijah Wood voicing Spyro, the studio-recorded music inside the game and way more.

Please tell me if i would enjoy Skylanders smilie

I am also looking for an artist to draw creatures I creat in Fan fiction stories. Please Take a look at the linked furom below if you're interested.

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=57821

I wish to hear back
---
They say marrying a dragon was mistake. What do they know? <laughes sinisterly>

"Pwwr. This coffee smells like ****"~~ Austin Powers
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#2 Posted: 12:18:11 21/08/2012
Well, maybe. It depends what you liked the Legend series for.

If you liked the visuals and theme, you will probably like this.
If you liked the strategy, you will be disappointed.
If you liked the writing, it sucks in Skylanders.
If you liked just beating up hordes of enemies, you will probably get a pretty good kick out of it.
If you just want something to play when you're bored you'll probably find this effective.

It's very different from the Legend trilogy, but just comparing there bases, I would say maybe... But the price tag is very nasty for the level of content. Very, very nasty.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#3 Posted: 12:52:52 21/08/2012
The Legend series and Skylanders are very different games. Skylanders is nowhere near as serious and has lots of comedy to the point that even the villain is just a joke. The characters are a lot more goofier and way less serious than the characters in TLOS, who are more mature. It also has much more limited attacks and nowhere near as much combat. There also is nowhere near as much story as there is in TLOS, and the storyline sort of sucks IMO. It's pretty much the complete opposite of TLOS. TLOS is also more cinematic than Skylanders, if that makes sense.

If you liked TLOS because of the dark and more developed plot, the type of graphics it has, the seriousness, developed characters with their own story and personality (sort of), the cinematic cut-scenes, beating up lots of enemies every second and the combat system, I don't think you will like Skylanders.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me