Page 1 of 1
The Legend of Spyro vs The Legend of Zelda [CLOSED]
BJ Fodder
#1 Posted: 16:00:06 12/06/2008
Do you think with Dawn of the Dragon or future Spyro games that Sierra should have Spyro rival Nintendo's Zelda series? I mean like how Mario, Crash, and Sonic were rivals.

Note: I respect your opinion if you do not agree.
Mewnaphy Gold Sparx Gems: 2750
#2 Posted: 22:59:37 12/06/2008
Hmmm...it depends on how well DotD will be.Spyro right now wouldn't be able to rival TLoZ because it isn't famous enough.If DotD does well,maybe,just maybe,it could.

I've only played demos of TLoZ,but I plan on getting some for Christmas.Then I could see if it is possible that Spyro can rival Zelda.smilie
---
"Hence nothing remains except for our regrets"
Dragon King Green Sparx Gems: 444
#3 Posted: 23:10:21 12/06/2008
lemme see....uh.....Spyro is totally over Zelda because there fighting style is just crappy even though i like myself Spyro still overcomes Zelda and even though there exploration is excellent they still wont beat the Spyro game
---
unlike Dexter....I'm more of a believer in God than he is.......and more insane smilie
#4 Posted: 23:20:36 12/06/2008
Zelda is more successful than Spyro.It's one of Nintendo's most successful franchises.*gets killed for saying that*

Look,I think Spyro is better than Zelda,but I haven't really played any Zelda games.
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#5 Posted: 01:21:29 14/06/2008
This would not be a match-up to work out. You're pitting some Sony character that popped up randomly around the new millennium against one of the most classic icons in gaming (right up there with the Mario crew). >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
SequoiaDragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3930
#6 Posted: 03:52:39 14/06/2008
I think it would be SO COOL to see a Zelda/Spyro crossover(S.I.Z.A., Spyro's Incredible Zelda Adventure, hint hint). I mean, can you imagine...? That is, the Hero of Time and the "Mighty Purple One" vanquishing evil TOGETHER... smilie! It wouldn't stand a... cough, sorry got a bit carried away. Just that I love Zelda as much as Spyro! smilie
---
My book Harahpin is now on sale! smilie
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#7 Posted: 13:26:38 14/06/2008
Quote: HIR
This would not be a match-up to work out. You're pitting some Sony character that popped up randomly around the new millennium against one of the most classic icons in gaming (right up there with the Mario crew). >.>

agreed, I'm happy with the purple guy as he is. I don't care if he doesn't take the gaming world by storm or top the charts. smilie But just a little bit more fame wouldn't be too bad.
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
Night Owl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1942
#8 Posted: 13:37:33 14/06/2008
yeah
---
Back from hibernation.
#9 Posted: 13:40:08 14/06/2008
Quote: SequoiaDragon
I think it would be SO COOL to see a Zelda/Spyro crossover(S.I.Z.A., Spyro's Incredible Zelda Adventure, hint hint). I mean, can you imagine...? That is, the Hero of Time and the "Mighty Purple One" vanquishing evil TOGETHER... :D! It wouldn't stand a... cough, sorry got a bit carried away. Just that I love Zelda as much as Spyro! :D

Hmmm.....Link and Spyro team up to save Zelda and Cynder from Gannondorf and Malefor?Sparx would probably be something like Navi.....oh no.>>(Navi is just as annoying as Sparx if anyone doesn't know)

It may be a bit cool.But then,like HIR said,Spyro and Zelda don't match up very well....
---
Dragon Lover Emerald Sparx Gems: 4649
#10 Posted: 13:56:53 14/06/2008
Quote: BJ
Do you think with Dawn of the Dragon or future Spyro games that Sierra should have Spyro rival Nintendo's Zelda series? I mean like how Mario, Crash, and Sonic were rivals.

Crash? As in Crash Bandicoot?
#11 Posted: 14:58:34 14/06/2008
Quote: Dragon Lover
Quote: BJ

Crash? As in Crash Bandicoot?

I think that's what they mean.So,Crash did rival Mario and Sonic?I didn't know that.smilie
---
BJ Fodder
#12 Posted: 16:45:47 14/06/2008
Of course, he was regarded as Sony's mascot.
BJ Fodder
#13 Posted: 16:48:52 14/06/2008
Remember, it all depends on either how well Dawn of the Dragon is or how future Spyro games will be like? And with the movie coming out to boost his popularity a little higher, you just never know?
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#14 Posted: 19:19:23 14/06/2008
I never thought of Sony as a mascot-based company. >_________>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Spyrosflame Green Sparx Gems: 277
#15 Posted: 18:06:26 15/06/2008
spyro versus zelda in battle hmm it would go like this...zelda attacks spyro. Spyro "hey you scratched me!" then torches zelda, end of story.
---
You can try to tear me down,
Pull me to the ground,
I will see you screaming.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me