darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Everything we know about Skylanders: Giants (02/12/2012)
First | Previous | Page 9 of 163 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 161 162 163
Everything we know about Skylanders: Giants (02/12/2012) [STICKY] [CLOSED]
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#401 Posted: 10:57:20 24/08/2012
I haven't seen anyone post a link to these videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSBdTYHnpgI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIBaJLaE5X0

Hope it helps.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:01:58 24/08/2012 by chaosworrier
Skybagel Gold Sparx Gems: 2092
#402 Posted: 12:56:53 24/08/2012
This is from E3.

Sorry, but your a little on the late side smilie
---
Whoop whoop! Yellow Sparx on the day of Swap Force's release!
#403 Posted: 13:38:49 24/08/2012
Yeah, I know that they are from E3 but I did not see a post with this links in my searches - sorry folks.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#404 Posted: 13:58:04 24/08/2012
Here's the article.

Really though, if Gamestop goes out, what's the big deall? Any games I want to preorder, I do so at Target or Walmart or Toys R Us. I honestly don't even need to do so because they make plenty of games for release day and preordering is basically a farce. I only preorder if they give some goodie away like Pokemon has done in the past with those beautifully sculpted figures.

Gamestop has only ever offered midnight releases at worst and a t-shirt or some poster at best.

Plus, Gamestop is the one that takes the variants out of boxes from the factory, uses them in bundles to drive interest in common characters and sends repackaged stock to the stores. That's really low, especially considering how hard it was to find variants for Adventure.

It's not like they're gonna suddenly shutter their doors before Giants comes out, so any preorders and things there will be fine. This is something that will probably eventually happen down the line, especially considering the rumors that the PS4 and 720 wont be able to play used games.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:58:32 24/08/2012 by spyroflame0487
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#405 Posted: 14:13:42 24/08/2012
There are too few pure gaming stores in the world. Let's see... The only big ones I can think of: GameStop(who owns EB Games), EB Games(who are owned by GameStop), GAME(who I'm not even sure is in business anymore) and GameTraders.
EB is the only proper game store near me and GameStop owns them. I would be peeved, especially since I know all the people there are really nice... It would just bring up another excuse to release yet more fashion stores in place of it >.>;

Plus, think about how many people would lose jobs over it...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:29:11 24/08/2012 by Nibelilt
CAMOflauge Blue Sparx Gems: 504
#406 Posted: 14:26:05 24/08/2012
You're only thinking of America and England,us small countries don't have much,some people only have GameStop to go to,not just for Skylanders but for Videogames in general
---
Boomy Boo,I'm watching you~
Kurui: http://soundcloud.com/inabakageroza/ok-i-did-it
Pasta!
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#407 Posted: 14:29:25 24/08/2012
Quote: CAMOflauge
You're only thinking of America and England,us small countries don't have much,some people only have GameStop to go to,not just for Skylanders but for Videogames in general

A solution always pops up to fill a void/need. That's the same reason why I think consumer electronics will be fine if Best Buy collapses, even though Circuit City and CompUSA and others too have already shuttered. Supply steps in willingly where there is demand.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
faunatic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#408 Posted: 14:52:19 24/08/2012
really, it would be for the best if gamestop went away given the horrific damage it's done to the used game market, it's disgusting polices (on everything from sales to how it treats its employees), and general loathsomeness. faun has not set foot in a gamestop since the company's policy dictated that an employee who stopped a robbery with his body be fired because someone else on his team was stealing merchandise. faun has also never been in a gamestop that didn't smell abhorrent and had questionably nasty stains on the carpets. whenever a non-gamestop used game store opens in an area or when one can be found whilst traveling, faun gives them business. all new games are bought at chains like walmart or through steam. if worse comes to worse, faun would rather buy from ebay than this disgusting company. gamestop can and should rot.
nocturnalnathan Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#409 Posted: 15:44:09 24/08/2012
First of all, the article in question only said that gamestop's stocks were dropping, they never said anything about the store closing officially. It makes sense that they would be down right now during the summer when there aren't a lot of new games coming out. Most retail stores, like GameStop, make a huge chunk of their profit at the end of the year with their Christmas sales. So if GameStop actually does close, it probably won't be until sometime in 2013, after they try to reclaim their profits in winter, which brings me to my second point that we'll all still be able to pick up our giants preorders and battle packs. Outside of that, this topic doesn't have anything else to do with "what we know about giants" and should be discussed else where. If GameStop does end up closing its doors, I will be very sad, I promise, but this really isnt what this thread is for, so can we please try to stay on topic with news about giants, please?
---
"Chicks dig giant robots"
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#410 Posted: 17:56:24 24/08/2012
Quote: nocturnalnathan
First of all, the article in question only said that gamestop's stocks were dropping, they never said anything about the store closing officially. It makes sense that they would be down right now during the summer when there aren't a lot of new games coming out. Most retail stores, like GameStop, make a huge chunk of their profit at the end of the year with their Christmas sales. So if GameStop actually does close, it probably won't be until sometime in 2013, after they try to reclaim their profits in winter, which brings me to my second point that we'll all still be able to pick up our giants preorders and battle packs. Outside of that, this topic doesn't have anything else to do with "what we know about giants" and should be discussed else where. If GameStop does end up closing its doors, I will be very sad, I promise, but this really isnt what this thread is for, so can we please try to stay on topic with news about giants, please?

what part f might dont you understand. <.< And yes it is on topic becuase people like me preordered giants there so smilie
CAMOflauge Blue Sparx Gems: 504
#411 Posted: 17:58:08 24/08/2012
Quote: AzureStarline

A solution always pops up to fill a void/need. That's the same reason why I think consumer electronics will be fine if Best Buy collapses, even though Circuit City and CompUSA and others too have already shuttered. Supply steps in willingly where there is demand.

Not true,when Game (Ireland) went bankrupt and was closed in Dublin,no store replaced it,it's just an empty room in a shopping centre
---
Boomy Boo,I'm watching you~
Kurui: http://soundcloud.com/inabakageroza/ok-i-did-it
Pasta!
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#412 Posted: 20:18:04 24/08/2012

Not true,when Game (Ireland) went bankrupt and was closed in Dublin,no store replaced it,it's just an empty room in a shopping centre

If you're talking about the GAME that used to live in the Ilac Center, then you are better off without that store. Especially that there is a GameStop, HMV, Tesco and Smyths that all sell video games nearby. There is also a CeX that sells second hand games nearby. I lived in Dublin for four years, I know 99% of the gaming shops there.

If however you are on about the GAME that lived in Dundrum then I'm not familiar with that area to comment.

What you described also happened to a GAME store near me. It is now a shell of a shop with signs stating where the nearest open GAME and Gamestation are.

I will be interested to see if either of the three stores are going any pre-order bonus of any sort. So far (in the UK) there is didley squat :/
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:19:24 24/08/2012 by Buzzthebatgirl
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#413 Posted: 20:18:52 24/08/2012

You really, really misunderstood me there. Read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supply_and_demand
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Kablaka Green Sparx Gems: 305
#414 Posted: 20:26:22 24/08/2012

Yeah, think of the Irish if GameStop closes all we've got is smyths
---
They say hard work never killed anybody, but why take the chance?
Wish list; smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:31:00 24/08/2012 by Kablaka
#415 Posted: 22:08:55 24/08/2012
Quote: Nibelilt
There are too few pure gaming stores in the world. Let's see... The only big ones I can think of: GameStop(who owns EB Games), EB Games(who are owned by GameStop), GAME(who I'm not even sure is in business anymore) and GameTraders.
EB is the only proper game store near me and GameStop owns them. I would be peeved, especially since I know all the people there are really nice... It would just bring up another excuse to release yet more fashion stores in place of it >.>;

Plus, think about how many people would lose jobs over it...

GAMES in Oz is either no more or nearly kapput with the stores all going into receivership.

I never got in to GameTraders as the times I went to one, they had little new stock and relied upon inflated prices on games for older consoles.

I know it is not a "true" gaming store but JB Hifi does offer a pretty good range and I use ozgameshop.com a fair amount as they are cheap, even though you have to wait for shipping from the UK.
---
Soylent Green is People!
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5332
#416 Posted: 23:38:13 24/08/2012
JB is pretty cheap when it comes to games sometimes.
Geo-Stelar Emerald Sparx Gems: 4187
#417 Posted: 01:03:29 25/08/2012
No news this week?
---
Don't have Skylanders, yet still a fan!
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#418 Posted: 01:12:50 25/08/2012
I hope to see perhaps more trailers of some of the new Skylanders and Giants.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
ninjacat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1259
#419 Posted: 01:39:19 25/08/2012
Oh my god! i was playing pirte seas when all of a sudden i hit a pirate and it had cali's voice and said ow! smilie
is that supposed to happen? will there be any other weird things in skylanders giants?
---
BOW DOWN TO YOUR BELOVED RULER ~ :3 NUFF SED.
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#420 Posted: 02:24:37 25/08/2012
it either cali in deguise or a dragqueen
---
THE END IS NEAR
Reaganag Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#421 Posted: 02:26:23 25/08/2012
CALI IN COGNITO!!!!!!!
---
Awesome avatar by nintendofan92!
Have waves 1,2,3, and 4
#422 Posted: 03:06:53 25/08/2012
... And I don't say that often!
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#423 Posted: 05:34:33 25/08/2012
I just heard Nintendo Power's not going to be publishing anymore issues due to Nintendo not be renewing their licensing agreement with Future Publishing.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08...oming-to-an-end

With Nintendo Power soon to be gone, we won't be able to see the bios of the new Giants and Skylanders for the next two months.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#424 Posted: 05:56:09 25/08/2012
Nintendo said on Facebook that the last issue is in December,So there's still hope!
#425 Posted: 09:05:00 25/08/2012
I just got an email from EB Games saying that the magazine will be discontinued after this year so whomever subscribes will get a few more issues.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Blazier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1711
#426 Posted: 10:27:34 25/08/2012
Alot of Chapter names have been found out here

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=58270
---
BLAZIER APPROVED
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#427 Posted: 11:58:49 25/08/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Blazier
Alot of Chapter names have been found out here

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=58270

Yeah, going based on the achievements I think we can work out a few of the chapter names (that is, if the soundtrack has the same as the chapters again). I shall go and work out a few.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#428 Posted: 13:44:05 25/08/2012
NP is ending in December, so they should have September's (Which, apparently is actually out. I've seen a few sites reporting on articles in there. I think it has Sora from Kingdom Hearts on it) and October's (which due to it being the last issue before the game, should reveal one final figure although I'm expecting us to know all the characters and stuff then)

From that listing, Drill-X is definitely a miniboss/villain. He/it's on Level 11. Going from the listings:

Level 3: Rumbletown
Level 4: ???
Level 5: Glacier Gully
Level 6: Secret Vault of Secrets
Level 7: Wilikin Village
Level 8: ???
Level 9: ???
Level 10: Aerial Attack
Level 11: Drill-X's Big Rig
Level 12: Molekin Mountain
Level 13: ???
Level 14: ???
Level 15: ???

Nothing else is really obvious for some of them, so that leaves us with:

"Slippery Tunnel"
"AutoGyro Adventure"
"Arena Battle" (this is probably the music played on the arenas, rather than a level..)
"Junkyard Isles"
"Cutthroat Carnival"
"Bringing Order to Kaos" (probably the final battle music)
"The Oracle" (I'd assume though that this will probably be the ending music)

EDIT: lawl, I see bionicle made a pretty good list on the OP. Nice.

Other than that, the first page of the giants listings have a Portal Battery Pack for the Wii so we should start seeing those soon. That's definitely good news although I remember someone saying the new portal would have a better battery life.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:47:21 25/08/2012 by spyroflame0487
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#429 Posted: 14:18:37 25/08/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
NP is ending in December, so they should have September's (Which, apparently is actually out. I've seen a few sites reporting on articles in there. I think it has Sora from Kingdom Hearts on it) and October's (which due to it being the last issue before the game, should reveal one final figure although I'm expecting us to know all the characters and stuff then)

From that listing, Drill-X is definitely a miniboss/villain. He/it's on Level 11. Going from the listings:

"Slippery Tunnel"
"AutoGyro Adventure"
"Arena Battle" (this is probably the music played on the arenas, rather than a level..)
"Junkyard Isles"
"Cutthroat Carnival"

Other than that, the first page of the giants listings have a Portal Battery Pack for the Wii so we should start seeing those soon. That's definitely good news although I remember someone saying the new portal would have a better battery life.

I think the cutthroat carnival is a level
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8081
#430 Posted: 14:41:26 25/08/2012

"Slippery Tunnel"
"AutoGyro Adventure"
"Junkyard Isles"
"Cutthroat Carnival"

O_o I'm scared now...
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#431 Posted: 14:57:53 25/08/2012
Kinda off topic question of mine, I heard in Giants Skylanders can switch upgrade paths. Will SSA characters be able to do that to??
onga999 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1152
#432 Posted: 14:59:19 25/08/2012
no figures from the first game can swich paths.
---
just missing 7 skylanders.
#433 Posted: 15:06:32 25/08/2012
Quote: ShadowMewX

"Slippery Tunnel"
"AutoGyro Adventure"
"Junkyard Isles"
"Cutthroat Carnival"

smilie I'm scared now...

Yeah, I'm using trigger happy on that level.
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#434 Posted: 15:13:00 25/08/2012
Quote: chaosworrier
I just got an email from EB Games saying that the magazine will be discontinued after this year so whomever subscribes will get a few more issues.

So does that mean the same for GameStops....
#435 Posted: 15:43:08 25/08/2012
Quote: DummyZ
Kinda off topic question of mine, I heard in Giants Skylanders can switch upgrade paths. Will SSA characters be able to do that to??

Did we ever get any official confirmation on this? I'd heard rumors, but never seen any links or anything to prove it...
---
EpicHiro Blue Sparx Gems: 889
#436 Posted: 16:01:25 25/08/2012
^Same here.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#437 Posted: 17:19:19 25/08/2012 | Topic Creator

Did we ever get any official confirmation on this? I'd heard rumors, but never seen any links or anything to prove it...

I believe the confirmation was that all Series 2 characters and any new characters/giants will be able to switch. Not sure where it was confirmed, but I haven't listed it on the OP anyway. I guess we'll wait and see.
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#438 Posted: 17:44:55 25/08/2012
Quote: bionicle2809

I believe the confirmation was that all Series 2 characters and any new characters/giants will be able to switch. Not sure where it was confirmed, but I haven't listed it on the OP anyway. I guess we'll wait and see.

So S1 cant switch paths? smilie
And yeah I think this was said in an interview or after early confirming skylanders giants?
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#439 Posted: 17:49:13 25/08/2012

"Slippery Tunnel"
"AutoGyro Adventure"
"Junkyard Isles"
"Cutthroat Carnival"

Nintendo Power is ending?! NOOOOOOO!!!!! smilie

Quote: skyoutube
Maybe Cali wants some treasure from the pirates.

*Coughthatswhatshesaidcough*
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:22:25 25/08/2012 by Matteomax
PortalMasterEon Gold Sparx Gems: 2507
#440 Posted: 20:23:43 25/08/2012
Found this on Amazon uk: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Skylan...E/dp/B008HG1LNE
---
Greetings Portal Masters!
I'm looking for a Royal Double Trouble + Platinum Chest
#441 Posted: 20:34:43 25/08/2012
Quote: PortalMasterEon

I don't get it, there's no image or name there, it's just a unknown battle pack... Is something not appearing for me since I'm not from the UK or something?
---
SheldonCooper Blue Sparx Gems: 763
#442 Posted: 20:58:06 25/08/2012

I don't get it, there's no image or name there, it's just a unknown battle pack... Is something not appearing for me since I'm not from the UK or something?

No it just says Battle Pack TBC (and yes I'm from the UK so you're fine and nothing's wrong with your new-fangled smart box machine)
---
BAZINGA! A neutron walks into a bar and asks how much for a drink. The bartender replies 'For you, no charge'.
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:49:23 25/08/2012 by SheldonCooper
#443 Posted: 21:48:24 25/08/2012
Quote: Rand O M
Quote: chaosworrier

So does that mean the same for GameStops....

This is a Nintendo mag and independent of GameStop/EB Games; EB Games was merely reporting about it.
---
Soylent Green is People!
matrix Yellow Sparx Gems: 1441
#444 Posted: 22:01:12 25/08/2012
Quote: SheldonCooper

No it just says Battle Pack TBC (and yes I'm from the UK so you're fine and nothing's wrong with your new-fangled smart box machine)

Dude, TBC means to be confirmed...
---
I like Skylanders...
SheldonCooper Blue Sparx Gems: 763
#445 Posted: 22:04:58 25/08/2012
Quote: matrix

I know that, but I interpreted it as he thought that it said TBC because he wasn't from the UK but I was just confirming it.Sorry if I confused anyone
---
BAZINGA! A neutron walks into a bar and asks how much for a drink. The bartender replies 'For you, no charge'.
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested
#446 Posted: 22:33:51 25/08/2012
Quote: matrix

I know that, but I interpreted it as he thought that it said TBC because he wasn't from the UK but I was just confirming it.Sorry if I confused anyone

I knew TBC meant "to be confirmed" I just thought there might have been an image or something we haven't seen yet that was appearing to people from the UK.
---
MakitaJay Green Sparx Gems: 417
#447 Posted: 00:54:15 26/08/2012
I wonder if any skylanders will be annouced at the GameStop Expo?

If they are (probily)
I hope it is Flashwing and Hot head.
---
1-1-6 Best of the Best.

#448 Posted: 01:02:08 26/08/2012
Can I just say I'm looking forward to this "Cutthroat Carnival"?
#449 Posted: 01:24:55 26/08/2012
There are achievements for "playing Skystones" which sounds like it may be just as bad as the Pirate Seas card game and I'd expect them to show up there so personally I'm not looking forward to it...
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#450 Posted: 02:26:33 26/08/2012
Quote: Nibelilt
There are achievements for "playing Skystones" which sounds like it may be just as bad as the Pirate Seas card game and I'd expect them to show up there so personally I'm not looking forward to it...

Not sure why people didn't like the card flip game so much. :/
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
First | Previous | Page 9 of 163 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 161 162 163

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me