darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > The waves: Who will be in what wave
Page 1 of 1
The waves: Who will be in what wave [CLOSED]
princessluna409 Green Sparx Gems: 469
#1 Posted: 14:00:05 13/08/2012 | Topic Creator
I heard their will be waves again, like in S:SA. I'm excited about the waves, even though I missed the wave with Wham Shell, but their is still one thing I just need to know. Who the heck is Activision putting in what wave? Any ideas?
---
Mah life be like pugs
My dream is to be a pretty princess in a rainbow castle
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#2 Posted: 14:53:41 13/08/2012
I'm very curious to see how that plays out as well. I wasn't with S:SA from day one. Can anyone quickly recap how that went? Were the waves all announced and laid out with a timeline for release right from the start?
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#3 Posted: 15:14:13 13/08/2012
If memory serves, it was very vague who was going to be in future waves. We didn't get an idea until they released preview videos of upcoming figures as time went on. For the later wave characters, the only way we got a sneak peak at them in action early on was by find their Soul Gem while playing the game. I want to say it was a good month until the second wave hit the pegs, but since Skylanders hadn't exploded yet it probably took them longer to get out as the original release stock was still plentiful on the pegs.

Oh how different this release will be than the first. When I took my kids to Best Buy on release day to pickup our Xbox 360 and 3DS version (Bought from them to get the Volcanic Vault), there was ONE other family there to pick up at opening. It looked like they had about 4 other pre-orders on the counter in customer service ready for pickup. What a nice leisurely morning going to the other stores to pickup their exclusives. This time it will be chaos. Scalpers will be there thinking they can cash in again, but I think there will be SO much merch available day 1 that they will make little off of scalping because the supply will be there to satisfy demand. Activision does not want to frenzy where parents cannot get product. Most likely the only money to be made scalping will be when waves 2+ initially hit and people cannot wait to find them on the pegs and resort to eBay.

The only wave 1 confirmed/likely releases as part of battle pack/starter packs or character videos shown are:

Giants:
Tree Rex (Starter Pack)
Bouncer (Character Video Shown)
Swarm (Character Video Shown)

New Skylanders:
Jet Vac (Starter Pack)
Pop Fizz (Starter Pack)
Shroomboom (GS Battle Pack)

Series 2:
Cynder (Starter Pack)
Chop Chop (GS Battle Pack)

Light Core:
Prism Break (Character Video Shown)

Legendary:
I'm guess either Legendary Slam Bam or Legendary Ignitor will be released at launch as well (The character to be named later in their pre-order offer)

I'm assuming there will be retailer exclusive characters for 30+ days also like Target had Whirlwind and Walmart/Sams Club had Drill Sergeant. Maybe they'll have the series 2 versions of the same characters this tim around.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:25:02 13/08/2012 by Zylek
bensdady Yellow Sparx Gems: 1702
#4 Posted: 15:27:45 13/08/2012
what about crusher (earth Giant)?
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#5 Posted: 15:35:13 13/08/2012
I don't think I've seen his character video yet, or did I miss it? That was the tell tale sign for the first game.
---
Sparx dragonfly Blue Sparx Gems: 543
#6 Posted: 15:38:08 13/08/2012
Wave 1:
- S2 Cynder
- S2 Trigger Happy
- S2 Whirlwind
- S2 Chop Chop
- Pop Fizz
- Jet-Vac
- Shroomboom
- Tree Rex
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 15:23:00 22/09/2012 by Sparx dragonfly
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#7 Posted: 15:42:53 13/08/2012
Wave 1 if you want to call it that will consist of
Starter pack (Tree Rex/S2 Cynder/Jet-Vac/Pop Fizz)
And S2 Chop Chop/DFC/Shroomboom

What i see them doing is releasing the Light Core variants in single packs, so you can either get them in the starter packs, or pay $2 more for the LC variant. Coincidently, the 3 new Skylanders all have LC variants. So LC Singles of Jet-Vac, Pop Fizz and Shroomboom should all be out Day 1

If I had to guess, Bouncer will probably also be out then.

Wave 2 will probably mostly be S2 figures depending on what they do in Wave 1. I'd say maybe one Giant and 1 New Skylander. This will more than likely repeat for each consecutive Wave.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#8 Posted: 15:48:32 13/08/2012
Entertainment Earth has a case of Giants Battle Packs available for pre-order, so there should be at least one non-exclusive BP available day 1. During SA's launch Pirate Seas was available everywhere while Darklight Crypt was a 30 day TRU exclusive.

http://www.entertainmentearth....5A#.UCkheUQ510o
---
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#9 Posted: 17:43:26 13/08/2012
So, will the figures in the Giants starter pack be unavailable in single packs (like in the original)? If so, and I am forced to buy a re-posed Cynder in order to get Tree Rex, Jet-Vac and Pop Fizz, they will have one seriously unhappy customer.

I can totally see why they wouldn't feel the need to release them in the original, since you needed the portal and software in order to play the game in the first place, but there is no reason not to release every figure in a single pack for Giants (other than being an obvious money-grab).
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#10 Posted: 18:57:33 13/08/2012
I'm mad they didn't offer more variety between the console and 3DS packs like they did for SA. For SA there was ZERO overlap between console and 3DS. Now at the very least you will have 2 Tree Rex's if you buy the owner pack for both. Why not put Bouncer in the 3DS?

I forgot about triple packs, Amazon.de had

Flashwing-Gill Grunt-Double Trouble
Sprocket-Sonic Boom-Stump Smash
Pop Fizz-Trigger Happy-Whirlwind
Chill-Zook-Ignitor

I wonder if they'll all be in wave 1 or just some.

They would probably sell a TON more triple packs if they are the only way (Not sold as singles) to get a couple of the new Skylanders in wave 1. So they'll get people who weren't intending on buying very many series 2 skylanders to buy more via triple pack just so they can have the new characters.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:08:07 13/08/2012 by Zylek
onga999 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1152
#11 Posted: 19:35:13 13/08/2012
i think that the characters revealed in the amazon.de leak wil be the ones released at launch.
---
just missing 7 skylanders.
#12 Posted: 19:48:10 13/08/2012
Quote: onga999
i think that the characters revealed in the amazon.de leak wil be the ones released at launch.

I thought that as well initially but I just don't see them releasing so many Giants and new Skylanders right away as we would be getting:

Giants:
Tree Rex
Bouncer
Crusher
Swarm
Hot Head

New Skylanders:
Pop Fizz
Jet Vac
Flashwing
Shroomboom
Chill
Fright Rider
Sprocket

Light Core:
Jet Vac
Prism Break
Eruptor
Drobot
Shroomboom

Just seems like too many to me and wouldn't leave very many for subsequent waves.
---
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#13 Posted: 20:25:09 13/08/2012
I still expect everything revealed on te german amazon to be released before Dec. Making the entire list composed of just wave 1 and 2:

Giants:
Hothead
Swarm
Bouncer
Crusher

LightCore:
Drobot
Eruptor
Jet-Vac
Prism Break

New Singles:
Sprocket
Pop Fizz
Chill
Fright Rider
Flashwing

Series 2 Singles:
Terrafin
Gill Grunt
Bash
Hex
Zook
Slam Bam
Ignitor
Trigger Happy
Double Trouble
Drill Sergeant
Whirlwind
Sonic Boom
Stump Smash
Flameslinger

Triple Packs:
A-Pop Fizz/Trigger Happy/Whirlwind
B-Chill/Zook/Ignitor
C-Sprocket/Sonic Boom/Stump Smash
D-Flashwing/Gill Grunt/Double Trouble

Battle Pack:
Chop Chop/Shroom Boom (regular)/Cannon Piece

Not to mention:

Portal Owner Pack (X-Box,Wii,PS3)- (Tree Rex)
Starter Pack (X-Box,Wii, PS3)- (Tree Rex, Cynder, Pop-Fizz(presumed regular))
Starter Pack (3DS)- (Tree Rex, Cynder, Jet-Vac (presumed regular))

This is a big release but allows for other to be introduced gradually throughout early 2013

Also keep in mind that the first game had 27/37 characters released by Dec of its first year

There are still:

3 Giants
4 Lightcore
1 New Single (not counting Shroom Boom and Jet-Vac due yo presence in bulk packs)
8 series 2 figures (not counting Cynder or ChopChop see above)
and an unknown number of battle packs

split between another 3 or 4 waves activision could still drag out release and tis does not include any surprise variant releases like the missing 8 who I still expect to see
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 20:37:55 13/08/2012 by ItsJustMe
onga999 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1152
#14 Posted: 20:25:18 13/08/2012
i guess that is true, but some of them could just be store exclusives like drill seargent and whirlwind
---
just missing 7 skylanders.
#15 Posted: 20:41:12 13/08/2012
I could what you listed being waves 1 and 2. So Hot Dog, Eye Brawl, and Ningini will probably be the Wham Shell, Warnado and Camo of the new roster (Released at the bitter end).
---
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#16 Posted: 21:42:27 13/08/2012
And then Skylanders 3: Back to the Future Die Another Day Forever to be released October of 2013.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#17 Posted: 16:54:41 14/08/2012
The newly released character trailer of Chill pretty much solidifies her as being available in some way (Single,Battle Pack, Triple Pack) for wave 1.
---
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#18 Posted: 17:00:40 14/08/2012
Quote: Himewad
So, will the figures in the Giants starter pack be unavailable in single packs (like in the original)? If so, and I am forced to buy a re-posed Cynder in order to get Tree Rex, Jet-Vac and Pop Fizz, they will have one seriously unhappy customer.

I can totally see why they wouldn't feel the need to release them in the original, since you needed the portal and software in order to play the game in the first place, but there is no reason not to release every figure in a single pack for Giants (other than being an obvious money-grab).

You can get all charcters in single pack. Its been confirmed.
#19 Posted: 18:06:34 14/08/2012
Are you saying it's been confirmed that S2 Cynder, Jet Vac and Pop Fizz will be available in singles or that ALL (new characters and Series 2) will be available as singles? If you are saying the latter, I remember them stating that one character in each battle pack will only be exclusively available in that pack.
---
yokey25 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1298
#20 Posted: 02:31:07 16/08/2012
its been confrimed s2 cynder is singles
---
My favorite swap is Free Shift. As Shakespeare would say"Tis an awesome character."
CAMOflauge Blue Sparx Gems: 504
#21 Posted: 12:23:15 16/08/2012
Actually it's 2,ChopChop and Zap
---
Boomy Boo,I'm watching you~
Kurui: http://soundcloud.com/inabakageroza/ok-i-did-it
Pasta!
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#22 Posted: 23:52:23 16/08/2012
It should be noted that the source for the last four posters is the ToyWiz site and where the names that they posted were accurate they also list every character as being released in October so the source needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

I personally do not expect to see a single Cynder this time but I might be proved wrong again
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me