Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 7 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 48 49 50
The Missing s (An Animal RP) [CLOSED]
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#301 Posted: 20:43:22 10/09/2012 | Topic Creator
"Nice to meet you Royal. My name is..." then Cairo came. "Mercury! Sybil is waiting for you. Meet her at the tall palm tree now." he said. He then left that place quickly. The waters were too warm for his taste. Mercury was relieved. Although Royal was being a gentleman to him, he was still a little afraid of him.

"The tall palm tree... that's where we were before starting the tour." young Mercury said happily, leading the eagle to the tree...
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
Wyrstel Emerald Sparx Gems: 4341
#302 Posted: 21:50:27 10/09/2012
Royal follow Mercury glad to have such and friendly companion beside him. At last he would be meeting the civet in charge of the Haven. She was one of many people that he would like to meet. He stretches his wings and looks around. I lay inside the hollow in great pain, wating for Sybil to return.
#303 Posted: 22:22:25 10/09/2012 | Topic Creator
"Bravo Mercury. You did beautifully your first tour." Sybil said with pride when she saw him with the eagle, approaching her. This made the young pelican almost cry of joy, but he hold it up. He landed besides Sybil and introduced the eagle. "This is Royal. A new guest." he said smiling, but then he became serious, ans whispered to her in a very low tone. "I think he is the foster father of the falcon." and resumed his smile, although this time, he was pretending. "Well, I better leave. My family is probably worried." and he flew off, leaving Sybil alone with the eagle.
---
Waaksian Emerald Sparx Gems: 4906
#304 Posted: 00:00:32 11/09/2012
Speckles, unsurprisingly, was under a pile of rotting leaves by Sybil's tree, fast asleep.
Skaliscin, on the other hand, was coiled around a branch. Watching. And watching. And ever watching. She never blinked, stirred, or made the smallest of sounds. Only the flickering of her tongue indicated life. But inside the serpent's seemingly twisted mind, she was fighting a battle...
#305 Posted: 00:39:07 11/09/2012
"Well so you are Sybil the one that everyone has been talking about, Royal says. I am Royal, leader of what is left of the harpy eagles of Central America he say bowing politely.
#306 Posted: 01:13:20 11/09/2012 | Topic Creator
"A suitable name then." Sybil comically replied. "But enough about that. You are here due to the Haven's news, am I right?" she asked, but didn't give the eagle time to answer." If that's the case, then why didn't you bring the rest of your family along?" she asked, although she was certain that she knew the answer based on what little Mercury whispered to her.
---
#307 Posted: 04:58:15 11/09/2012
Royal bows. "The others had to gather the children that they had they will be her shortly. Though there weren't many children. I myself am leader of the harpy eagles but the only family that I have is Jaerl, who I took in after his family were killed, leaving him alone as a chick."
#308 Posted: 13:21:27 11/09/2012 | Topic Creator
"Oh, very tragic indeed. Let me guess... humans! But hey, that the reason of the Haven. Home for all animals disappearing due to human being's stupidity and claim of superiority." After that brief explanation, Sybil felt it was time to point out something important to the eagle.

"However, even though the Haven is a great place for many animals, the outback to the North is a very dangerous place. Even I shouldn't go there." she explained. "Unfortunately, there are some that doesn't take this rule seriously... and end up really hurt by the nasty creatures from there." she finished, giving the eagle one serious look, hoping that he could understand what she meant.
---
#309 Posted: 14:47:28 11/09/2012
"Well you need not worry about me Sybil, I am the most powerful eagle in the world. If anything messes with me, well lets just say they'll have wished they didn't, but if you think its too dangerous I'll stay away from that area," he says bowing politely.
#310 Posted: 16:52:33 11/09/2012 | Topic Creator
That eagle was respectful. Sybil liked that, but she was a little disappointed. She tried to gave him a hint of hat happened, but there was no other choice than to take him t the problem itself.
"Follow me to my tree Royal. There is something that I would wish to show you." she said, hoping that he will understand that time...
---
#311 Posted: 19:42:47 11/09/2012
"If you want me to stay on this side of the island than just say so, Royal says slightly offended by Sybil's treatment of him. His razor sharp talons glisten in the sun letting Sybil understand just how dangerous and deadly he can be. However if there is something else you wish to show me than I will follow, but do not treat me like a child, I understand your rules I'm just saying that if anyone gets in danger I should probably be the one to go and rescue them."
#312 Posted: 20:41:27 11/09/2012
Skaliscin remembered the land she used to live in; the harsh scrub of an arid African Savanna. She remembered hatching from her leathery egg, among many siblings. Being the selfish thing she was- or is- she had absolutely no regard to any of her kind. She never mourned her deceased sister, who was snatched up by a hawk, or even gave a second thought to her brothers, who starved to death after falling in an inescapable pit. Not even the numerous other centipede-eaters, vanquished by nature. It's not humans. Humans had nothing to do with her kind's decline. No, it was the species itself. Weak, and defenseless compared to the other predators of her past home. But she survived. She was, and is, the very strongest. There are no others; she must be the only one. But why does it matter?
The orange-scaled reptile pondered these things, her train of thought rolling along the tracks of her conciseness. Below her, Speckles stirred, his little head poking out from the brown leaves. He glanced around, searching for any suspicious activity.
I do remember hearing of his kind. Very mysterious, and are experts at stealth. No wonder they're so well hidden, the serpent thought, gazing down at the velvet worm. Surprisingly, she felt a tiny trace of envy.
Stealthelfrocks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1235
#313 Posted: 21:17:13 11/09/2012
chica heard the coming steps of sybil and stood up
---
well guys..... took me a while.... but i might still hang around.... dont know..... but.... I loved the moment while it lasted smilie
#314 Posted: 03:32:53 12/09/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Wyrstel
"If you want me to stay on this side of the island than just say so, Royal says slightly offended by Sybil's treatment of him. His razor sharp talons glisten in the sun letting Sybil understand just how dangerous and deadly he can be. However if there is something else you wish to show me than I will follow, but do not treat me like a child, I understand your rules I'm just saying that if anyone gets in danger I should probably be the one to go and rescue them."

Sybil realized that the eagle was right. She was giving him poor treatment for something he didn't do. She was still angry at Jaerl and was taking it out on Royal. "I am in a very bad mood today, sorry for taking it out on you." Sybil explained, now feeling bad for that inexcusable behavior. Just then, they finally reached the tree...

"Chica? You have been guarding the place?" she asked. "Thank you." and then she saw the eagle. "I will introduce you two later." she said to both of them, and began knocking on the tree. "There is somebody here that wants to meet you." Sybil said to Jaerl, not mentioning his name to let the eagle deduce who was the one in the hole...
---
#315 Posted: 04:11:15 12/09/2012
Royal follows Sybil toward the hollow of the tree. I slowly stand and step toward him cringling in pain. Royal's eyes begin to narrow as he gazes at me. "My son is that you," he asks. I nod. "Hi dad, I hoped to see you in better conditon but... Royal fumes with anger and snaps a low-laying branch in his beak before finishing my sentence. "But you pain and sadness caused you to break the only rule that this island has. It is not your fault Jaerl, when you arrived here, they should have made sure that you were happy, but they didn't and so you almost caused your species to go completely extinct, he says glaring at Sybil but furious with everyone in general. Royal draws himself to his full height and glares down at Sybil with such fierocity that even the forbidden side of the island does not seem nearly as terrifying as he. "Do you not understand him feline, he is lost in need of love and guidance. Instead you leave him alone and yet you wonder why he thows himself infront of harms way. You are a... He's about the finish when I speak stepping out of the hollow. "Father, please be nice to Sybil, she means everything to me. I take her anger toward me as a sign that she truely cares for me and I will endure far more to win her heart, I say blushing slightly. Royal, my father however is not convinced. As he takes off into the air his mighty wings knock Sybil to the ground. Cringing I place an injured wing on Sybil's shoudler as I help her up. Don't mind my dad he is just extremely protective of me, but know that I love you Sybil and will endure all manner of treatment that you show to me for I know the truth behind it all."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:19:03 12/09/2012 by Wyrstel
#316 Posted: 04:38:41 12/09/2012 | Topic Creator
Sybil was in some kind of interior uproar. The eagle changed form a complete gentleman to a rude beast. She wasn't going to allow that. No sir, not in her Haven. She was going to say a thing or two to that ill-behaved eagle... until she realized what Jaerl said to her... love? But wait, it can't be the love she thought it was. First of all, both she and Jaerl are completely different species, and second, Jaerl has only known her for one day. It was impossible to have such strong feeling in such a short time... at least in her opinion.

"Listen Royal, you can't possibly blame me or anyone here for what happened. That type of behavior you just displayed is unacceptable here!" Sybil explained in a calm, yet rash voice. She was doing her best not to yell at Royal. She was about to tell him to get out of the Haven, but she didn't for Jaerl's sake.
---
#317 Posted: 04:46:22 12/09/2012
After fuming for a while Royal flies down from his perch and bows. "You are correct my feline friend, I let my fear and pain get to me. I apologize for that. Now please leave me," he says with tears in his eyes before flying back to his perch and trying to fall asleep.
#318 Posted: 04:58:12 12/09/2012 | Topic Creator
Sybil was more relieved now that the eagle was calm. It was better if he went to sleep after the long flight. "It seems you two have gone through quite an ordeal I noticed." Sybil pointed out to Jaerl. "However, that is no excuse to be so extremely depressed. I understand what you have been through. Every animal arriving here must have gone through a similar experience, but hey, that's why I founded this Haven. To survive and be happy... and maybe eventually, find more of your own species." Sybil explained, trying to make Jaerl feel better.
---
#319 Posted: 05:19:05 12/09/2012
"Well good luck to you Sybil you may actually have more of your species left. I however am the last of mine. If humans didn't kill us directly through hunting her pesticides did. Like a plague it struck entire groups, picking us off as if they were petals on a flower or the leaves on a tree. The only reason I survived was... I don't know. Tears fall down my face as I remember the thick clouds and the flocks of birds that perished within its hollow emptiness. Other species were all but killed by this as well. Us birds refer to that day as the Day of a Thousand Tears, because it was such. My entire species were either killed by hunters or slowly suffocated from the toxic clouds that poisoned our air. However the creatures on the ground were uneffected by it so, there is hope for you and your wolf friend, but not for me," I say sadly before laying down and falling asleep.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:31:20 12/09/2012 by Wyrstel
#320 Posted: 05:22:45 12/09/2012 | Topic Creator
"You are one negative falcon, you know that?" Sybil explained. "Listen. The world is much more bigger than you think. Just as you survived, I bet others survived too. Maybe not from your homeland, maybe there are others of your kind elsewhere in the world." The Malabar civet was trying to get Jaerl's hopes up. She hated to see others crying...
---
#321 Posted: 07:02:25 12/09/2012
Royal, who has woken from his nap and return from hunting. Lands beside Chica and Sybil before placing two rabbits at their feet. "You two must be hungry eat, he say pushing the slain rabbits toward them acting like a father would to his children. Then he speaks directly to Sybil. I know you are trying to make Jaerl feel better but what he says is true. He unrolls a map of my species home, look for yourself and tell me that Jaerl has a chance to find a mate of his own species, he says sadly. See numbers unknown, thats bad news for Jaerl."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:02:57 12/09/2012 by Wyrstel
#322 Posted: 07:18:49 12/09/2012
"uh... thanks" chica replied munching on the rabbit. she tried to hold her temper until she really knew him, she is usually independent at most times
---
well guys..... took me a while.... but i might still hang around.... dont know..... but.... I loved the moment while it lasted smilie
#323 Posted: 07:29:28 12/09/2012
Royal smile at Chica and embraces her with right wing. "Anytime kiddo. Umm you don't mind being called that do you," he asks not wanting to offend her.
#324 Posted: 07:31:09 12/09/2012
"nope" she simply answered
---
#325 Posted: 07:36:26 12/09/2012
He bows politely to Chica. "I'm Royal by the way and Jaerl is my son. What's you're name kiddo," he asks with a smile.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:37:31 12/09/2012 by Wyrstel
#326 Posted: 11:08:56 12/09/2012
"chica" she replied.
---
#327 Posted: 19:32:34 12/09/2012
As Royal snapped the branch with his beak, Skaliscin, interrupted by her thoughts, hissed and fell to the ground. Mumbling bitterly, she slithered under the roots of a nearby tree, not to be seen for the rest of the day.

Speckles, who had hid back in the leaves during the eagle's outburst, slowly crawled out, approaching the group cautiously.
"They could have killed me; I could have been dead!" he muttered to the air.
#328 Posted: 23:36:51 12/09/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Wyrstel
Royal, who has woken from his nap and return from hunting. Lands beside Chica and Sybil before placing two rabbits at their feet. "You two must be hungry eat, he say pushing the slain rabbits toward them acting like a father would to his children. Then he speaks directly to Sybil. I know you are trying to make Jaerl feel better but what he says is true. He unrolls a map of my species home, look for yourself and tell me that Jaerl has a chance to find a mate of his own species, he says sadly. See numbers unknown, thats bad news for Jaerl."

Sybil was both confused and grateful at Royal's sudden display of kindness, but then she guessed that his bitter attitude earlier was because he needed some good sleep. She then proceeded to answer him. "Just like I told Jaerl, his hometown is most certainly not the only place in the world where his species is found, so who knows?" Sybil said with a positive tone. She then looked at Chica, grateful for all she has done while she was away...
---
#329 Posted: 23:46:45 12/09/2012
Royal shakes his head. "I'm afraid you are wrong about that Sybil Jaerl's kind only live in one place and the human's that tend to care about their well being are unable to know just how are around, because there are so few."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:05:06 13/09/2012 by Wyrstel
#330 Posted: 23:53:57 12/09/2012 | Topic Creator
"Well, maybe some of it's kind immigrate someplace safe in the world, most likely like Jaerl did." Sybil said, still trying to be positive of the situation. Based on that information, Sybil then had an idea. "I know. I bet there are some of it's kind living in zoos and reserves. I can tell the birds from here to visit a few zoos to see if they are some interested in the Haven..."
---
#331 Posted: 04:30:08 13/09/2012
"Its possible that there may be some in zoos but I doubt it for Jaerl was the only one that I know that was taken into captivity after his family were all killed leaving him as a chick. Also Jaerl's kind were not like most peregrine falcons, they could not migrate away from their home if it was threatened, so the chances are very slim if any I'm afraid," Royal says bowing his head.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:52:39 05/02/2013 by Wyrstel
#332 Posted: 05:40:11 13/09/2012 | Topic Creator
"Well now, you don't lose anything having a little hope now, do you?" Sybil commented, using the same positive tone of voice. She then looked at the bunny he brought her, but find it difficult to eat it, since she was too fond of fish, which were very common in the creek besides them. She did, however, gave it some tiny bites to avoid offending him...
---
#333 Posted: 06:32:51 13/09/2012
Royal notices this and take off before returning with a pike. "Here you go, he says taking the rabbit and placing it beside my sleeping form. When he wakes he can eat it," he says with a smile.
#334 Posted: 07:47:00 13/09/2012
"i think you need to actually believe and try to what sybil suggests" chica said finishing off the rabbit
---
#335 Posted: 23:18:41 13/09/2012 | Topic Creator
Sybil was happy to have someone who agreed with her. Chica was more helpful than she expected. She didn't say anything about it however, and decided to continue the rabbit theme. "I ain't hungry. I should put this away for a while." she said, grabbing the rabbit and putting it safe inside a bush. She didn't want to offend Royal's felling by rejecting the meal, but she couldn't stand the flavor, so she invented that excuse.
---
#336 Posted: 01:27:42 14/09/2012
Royal opens his talons and reveals the pike. "If you prefer fish there is enough here to feed a dozen of us. Then turning to Chica he nods slightly. We can give it a try I guess but do not be too hopeful, most of the perregrins that you hear about are hybrids of what Jaerl is. Very few pure Eurasian Perregrin falcons remain."
jennacat4 Gold Sparx Gems: 2329
#337 Posted: 01:32:20 14/09/2012
Kallik scurried around in the forest.
---
http://youtu.be/gSSUco8AzDU
#338 Posted: 03:46:19 14/09/2012 | Topic Creator
Gee, Sybil made it clear to Royal that she was being too obvious about the rabbit after he threw that commentary. At least he wasn't offended by it... as far as she knew. She then heard some noises nearby, and spotted Kallik. She then turned to Royal with some worry. "You don't... eat mice, do you?" she asked Royal with the utmost respect.
---
#339 Posted: 04:25:31 14/09/2012
Royal shakes his head. "No my child I do not eat mice, I prefer fish over anything else, but also eat monkeys, rabbits, other birds and snakes. Though I've decided against birds because well they are family after all, he says. Then he reaches under his wing and hands Kallik some nuts as well as some berries that he plucked from a bush. Here little one," he says slowly dropping the food beside the little mouse.
#340 Posted: 04:38:10 14/09/2012 | Topic Creator
Sybil was worried when he said birds, but was calmer when he mentioned that he stopped eating them, and was shocked when Royal went through that noble gesture with Kallik. "Well then, I guess there won't be any trouble after all. You see, most of the birds here are my friends. Warblers, seagulls and as you know, pelicans." she said with a wink. "But there are some pigeons, in the waterhole near here. They can be a good source of food, just in case." she assured.
---
#341 Posted: 19:56:33 14/09/2012
Upon Royal's mention of snakes, a loud, warning hiss emitted from the roots of a nearby tree.
Speckles glanced over in that direction, then looked over at the great eagle.
"Might wanna eat her first," he stated cheekily.
#342 Posted: 21:14:45 14/09/2012
Royal looks toward the hiss. "Hey there you need to chill, I only hunt snakes if they prove to be a danger to others. Don't hiss at people before they finish, he says trying to remain calm. Then upon seeing the little velet worm he smiles. "Well aren't you a beautiful little thing," he says spreading a wing so that Speckles can climb onto it.
#343 Posted: 23:04:57 14/09/2012 | Topic Creator
Sybil almost forgot that Skaliscin was a snake, but was once again surprised by Royal's calm approach. "Say now, how do you knew that Skaliscin is not a threat?" but she then regretted to say that. "Never mind. I was only kidding. But know this, he is one snake you mustn't attack. His venom is only deadly to centipedes." Sybil assured, trusting that Royal wont attempt to hunt the animals that were very important to her.

"OK now Royal. Lets recap. You know now what birds and mice not to hunt, and that he is one snake you must not attack." she reviewed, graving Skaliscin a look. "And remember what I said earlier, don't go to the outback. Not even those mighty talons of yours are enough to defend yourself against the nasty animals that live there." Sybil concluded, although she was more than sure that Royal already got the picture.
---
#344 Posted: 00:05:30 15/09/2012
"actually i would really think he's okay as long as he takes in the air, and avoids anything that can eat him" chica said. "but i doubt it"
---
#345 Posted: 19:14:25 15/09/2012 | Topic Creator
"Nah, there isn't a dangerous animal in the air, all of them are on the outback." Sybil explained. "If only there were animals that could help me put them in their place, like the Orca's did with the sea." Sybil pointed out. Thanks to the Orcas, the bay was a very safe place for the arriving animals, but that was not the case with land. At least she was grateful that the outback animals didn't dare to go to the forest, with the exception of a few mongooses.
---
#346 Posted: 19:53:32 15/09/2012
Royal stratches his wings and legs as he listens to Sybil talk. Still fast asleep the wind rustles my feathers. After waitng and listening he speaks. "That I have help you with, my friend you see my friend, Ivor and his brother Bjor and Anvor, the African elephants are on their way here. They are big enough and fierce enough to make sure all of us are safe from the beasts on the outback."

Names: Ivor, Bjorn and Anvor
Species: Bull Asian Elephants
Appearance:
Bull Asian elephants commonly weigh from 4,500 to 5,400 kg (9,900 to 12,000 lb) and are often around 2.7 m (8.9 ft) high at the shoulder. Females typically weigh around 2,000 to 4,000 kg (4,400 to 8,800 lb) and reach an average of 2.4 m (7.9 ft) at the shoulder. Head-and-body length is from 5.5 to 6.4 m (18 to 21 ft), with the tail measuring 1–1.5 m (3.3–4.9 ft) long.[8][9][10] The skeleton constitutes about 15% of their body weight.[4] One extraordinarily large bull elephant living in captivity at the Oregon Zoo, Packy, weighed 14,500 pounds (6,590 kg) in 2008.[11] The sizes of wild Asian elephants, especially males, have been exaggerated in the past. Record elephants may have measured as high as 3.7 m (12 ft) at the shoulder. Shoulder height is estimated using the rule of thumb of twice the forefoot circumference.[7]
Personality: Extremely brave, protective, generous, caring, compassionate and loyal. Are like fathers to everyone around them.

Ivor, Bjorn and Anvor ride the Orca toward their new home. They have heard of the dangers that threatn those there and are ready to teach these predators just who is the boss. Ivor being the oldest speaks. "So how far is it to this Haven, my Orca friend, he asks, while his brothers wait for the Orca's answer. Ivor looks around at the sea and smiles. The sea is so beautiful, he thinks to himself.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 21:45:34 15/09/2012 by Wyrstel
#347 Posted: 20:12:42 15/09/2012 | Topic Creator
OOC: Can you be more specific with the species? There are two subspecies of African Elephants, and they are both Vulnerable in status, not Endangered. Remember what I said earlier.

Sybil was starting to feel startled by the Harpy Eagle. "You raise Jaerl, and you have befriended these mighty animals? And all of you are from very different habitats... what is going on? I am beginning to think that you use to have a Haven of your own." Sybil entitled, expecting an explanation.
---
#348 Posted: 20:21:42 15/09/2012
I changed it.

Royal nods. "I do but we are hidden and secret from the world because we had to avoid humans. Once we heard about your haven far away from humans be decided to head back there. My friends the Asian Elephants will be shortly followed by a whole slew of other animals, it will onlybe matter of time before this place becasue the haven for all endangered animals."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:40:42 15/09/2012 by Wyrstel
#349 Posted: 20:36:50 15/09/2012 | Topic Creator
OOC: ...They are a Vulnerable species, they must be from Critically Endangered to down the scale. That's in the first page Wystrel, I thought you already knew that smilie
... I can accept Asian Elephants though.

Sybil was in some kind of shock. She did expect many animals to arrive to the Haven eventually, but not in the same day. At that moment, Yodel arrived. "Some bulky animals are on their way Sybil. Seriously girl, if this keeps up, the Island will sink with so much weight." Sybil had enough of that warbler's complains.

"Get over it Yodel! We already discussed this!" Sybil exclaimed. "Fine you! Man, from all the Islands you could have landed... destiny is so cruel." Yodel begrudgingly said, flying away, and leaving Sybil a little offended...
---
#350 Posted: 21:46:43 15/09/2012
"wow" chica said "birds sure complain a lot"
---
First | Previous | Page 7 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me