Forum

Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer

Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Bypassing Moneybags- MORE THAN ONCE [CLOSED]
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5391
#1 Posted: 20:12:44 09/08/2012 | Topic Creator
Hey all, I just wanted to know if you guys new some places where to bypass Moneybags other than the ones I have listed.

Glimmer: Bridge in tunnel
Summer Forest: Gate to Aquaria Towers
Crystal Glacier: Bridge

I must skip moar gemmies!!! :3. All answers appreciated. Thanks for looking.
---
BREATHE AIR.
Wojowu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1415
#2 Posted: 20:41:11 09/08/2012
I remember Magma Cone, where you can skip paying for lift, but then you can't return, and I heard there is possibility to skip paying for Shady Oasis. Make Youtube search: spyro 2 skip moneybags
---
Any Osu fan here?
Lateef Green Sparx Gems: 227
#3 Posted: 09:59:52 10/08/2012
In Glimmer you can sequence-break Moneybags' ladder climbing with some well-placed jumps. This sounds useless, but it gets you some more gems early on in preparation for buying the swimming lessons! I know that in Summer Forest, swimming can be skipped, but I don't know what the consequences of that are and how far you can go with it. I can't imagine it'd go very far. I'll have to see what happens in Aquaria Towers! smilie
In Magma Cone I think you jump onto the left side of the level. Keep walking and you can glide right past the lift. More importantly though, if you jump on top of the side of the structure that Moneybags is in (this is hard to visualize and I'll get you a video if you need it but I think it comes naturally in playing), you can just glide and hover straight to the volcano.
I don't know about Shady Oasis, I think I'll have to try that one out myself, but it sounds plausible. I can't imagine how you'd get out afterward short of restarting the game, though.
Zephyr can't be skipped, I know that much... smilie
Here's a great one for you: In Winter Tundra, walk to the left-hand side of the door onto the rocks, with some tricky jumping. You'll know it when you see it because the wall will be right in double-jump distance. I do recall seeing a speedrun where someone used this and a swim-in-air exploit to get to the boss with 0 orbs.

Can't think off the top of my head where else he's in. I'll edit my post later if I remember any.
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#4 Posted: 18:01:47 10/08/2012
You can go to Crush Dungeon Level and defeat him to arrive to Autumn Plains without Getting the 6 six Talismans from Summer Forest.

Okay, after you finish Glimmer, go and find Hunter and he will talk to you about jumping, gliding and Hover (The Orb Challenge), after you success with the first 3 steps, he will tell you how to beat the final step (Jump, Gliding and hover). Instead of doing this, you can go to the left, where you can see the wall with green grass, now Use the double Jump glitch to the wall and glide and Turn to the left immediately and you will see and step in the end of the water tunnel, in other words, we skip moneybags from paying the swim ability. Now you have to keep going, you will see Elora and Hunter in the Way, NOw go to the ladder where you can find 2 roads (If you go to the Left you will Find Elora with the Ocean Speedway Level, The Orb behind the doors and the 2 windows where you can use the double Jump glicth to the wall and skip Moneyabgs form lower the wall to let you access to Aquaria towers. If you go to the Right, you will find a Door with a red switch and You see Moneybags) Go to the RIGHT and Flame the Red Switch when you are UNDER the Door Area, after you do that, the door will close and you will get "stuck". NOW, without getting out of the Door Area, you will see a big hole in the wall (To the right), now use the double jump glitch, Glide and TURN To the Left, you will see a Big Hole Area, That's right, That is the same hole where you have to jump to face Crush, just "Touch" the wall and you will get teleported to Crush Dungeon and after you defeat him you will arrive to Autumn Lains.

Congratulations, You are in Autumn Plains with just a single Talisman!!!!

If you don't want to read my WHOLE text, you can see this video:

I discover this Glitch before watching this video, but this guy is Awesome
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
#5 Posted: 20:27:10 10/08/2012
Oh my goodness! I can't believe I never found out about that!
If only there was a way to glitch past Autumn Plains and into Winter Tundra, you could beat the whole game without paying Moneybags once smilie
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5391
#6 Posted: 21:26:06 10/08/2012 | Topic Creator
Well, I wanted to get EVERYTHING in the game while avoiding Moneybags' fees as much as possible. I know the air swim and no talisman glitches but what I want to do is have a gem count as high as I can get it without receiving the gems back from Moneybags but completing everything(Before the Ripto showdown).
---
BREATHE AIR.
#7 Posted: 21:49:32 10/08/2012
That's pretty much it, though - I tried to cover both bases. The only other things left IIRC are the submarine in Aquaria Towers (not sure about this one, long jumping prematurely locks you out of finishing the level) and the speedways (yeah...)
SpyroGamer2008 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4203
#8 Posted: 05:13:09 14/02/2013
For skipping the times you have to pay Moneybags for your abilities, you could always just enter in the All Abilities Cheat so you don't have to pay for those. The cheat is:

Circle, Circle, Circle, Circle, Square.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5243-6111
P.M. me if you want me to add you.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me