darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Swarm Character Reveal (Images and Video)
Page 1 of 1
Swarm Character Reveal (Images and Video) [CLOSED]
buzz Blue Sparx Gems: 901
#1 Posted: 16:38:25 25/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Swarm.. now a confirmed Giant.

http://www.thehdroom.com/news/...er-Reveal/10972
matthewgerber Blue Sparx Gems: 662
#2 Posted: 17:13:24 25/07/2012
He's pretty neat...thanks for posting!
---
Portal Master Blaze Brightsun @ Skylanders:Universe
Ignitor101 Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#3 Posted: 17:35:29 25/07/2012
why do most giants have lasers?the're probably running dry on ideas....
pennyman Gold Sparx Gems: 2106
#4 Posted: 19:20:14 25/07/2012
Hey guys - here's the SWARM trailer for Skylanders Giants!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6hfoOQEbfs
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#5 Posted: 19:48:44 25/07/2012
I'm just going to state that instead of bashing someone for posting something, maybe you should just let it go and quietly hit the REPORT button that allows you to flag a overpost. In the case of this post, he was posting new information. Granted we already knew about Swarm, but none of us had seen high resolution photos of him and a video. It was a link to NEW information about the character. I'm starting to wonder if the select few of you that are constantly nit picking in threads take enjoyment in blasting people for breaking loose forum rules. This place needs to be more about the topics and less of you few hand slappers ruining the experience. It seems I can't go into a thread without a petty argument breaking out. Sigh...

As for this post, thanks for posting the link...even if it was already posted or not, it was the first I had seen it. So I appreciate the post. Don't let people discourage you from posting. If you are ever unsure of something being posted just use the search function to see if it has. If not, fire away and share the knowledge! smilie
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#6 Posted: 19:53:12 25/07/2012
Quote: Ignitor101
why do most giants have lasers?the're probably running dry on ideas....

Swarm doesn't have lasers, those are stingers - kind of like the Hornets and Dragonets from the first game. The reason why the Giants all have similar attacks is because there are so few Giants and they cost a lot more than normal Skylanders, so Activision don't expect someone to buy all the Giants; nor will they force you to buy any other Giants than Tree-Rex if you want to complete the game 100%.
buzz Blue Sparx Gems: 901
#7 Posted: 20:48:42 25/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Thanks xerokills. Yes it was new Swarm imagery. In hindsight I should not have mentioned the "confirmed" part.
matthewgerber Blue Sparx Gems: 662
#8 Posted: 20:54:19 25/07/2012
Quote: xerokills
I'm just going to state that instead of bashing someone for posting something, maybe you should just let it go and quietly hit the REPORT button that allows you to flag a overpost. In the case of this post, he was posting new information. Granted we already knew about Swarm, but none of us had seen high resolution photos of him and a video. It was a link to NEW information about the character. I'm starting to wonder if the select few of you that are constantly nit picking in threads take enjoyment in blasting people for breaking loose forum rules. This place needs to be more about the topics and less of you few hand slappers ruining the experience. It seems I can't go into a thread without a petty argument breaking out. Sigh...

As for this post, thanks for posting the link...even if it was already posted or not, it was the first I had seen it. So I appreciate the post. Don't let people discourage you from posting. If you are ever unsure of something being posted just use the search function to see if it has. If not, fire away and share the knowledge! smilie

^ Yes please...this.
---
Portal Master Blaze Brightsun @ Skylanders:Universe
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#9 Posted: 23:40:06 25/07/2012
posted this in Air Giant Topic
---
words. letters. filler.
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8081
#10 Posted: 01:42:39 26/07/2012
I can't wait for Swarm! He and Jet-Vac are my favorite Giant characters so far! smilie
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#11 Posted: 04:24:39 26/07/2012
Swarm is best Giant! smilie
Dmcrocks Gold Sparx Gems: 2182
#12 Posted: 04:26:13 26/07/2012
^I agree, but we need to see the undead and magic giants before we judge.
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
#13 Posted: 04:30:20 26/07/2012
^I know! He's the best.
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
#14 Posted: 04:37:33 26/07/2012
If you can think of anything that would even match a Giant Air wasp with Drobot's strafing, epic melee and a lovely Scottish accent, I applaud you. smilie
Toleroh Yellow Sparx Gems: 1858
#15 Posted: 12:42:07 26/07/2012
enemies still look like they're just falling over and not aggressive
---
BATTLECAST: StumpSmashRules#405
PortalMaster Happy Libertyelf (RIP). Favor-eight: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#16 Posted: 13:58:20 26/07/2012
Toleroh: I think they probably haven't fully written the attack sequences for all the enemies yet in this portion. I think they were likely more focused on nailing down the Swarm animations first. But it is possible the fact it is a kids game, they don't want the difficulty level to be TOO high. I believe they will be having adjustable difficulty this time though. So maybe this is just easy mode.

I still am not a fan of this game's low end graphical style. They could do so much more with the graphics engine. The graphics should be much higher resolution with a larger polygon count.

I will say I'm excited to play as Swarm...he looks coolest amongst the Giants.
---
#17 Posted: 14:13:20 26/07/2012
I'm pretty sure it's just because they're playing as a Giant. They've barely been nerfed, and they have been touted as an "easy" option.
L-Sunburn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1739
#18 Posted: 05:07:12 27/07/2012
Anyone notice at 0:25 swarm is on a platform (like an areana) he is killing enemies while a crowd cheers? I think if this is correct, Giants might have the survival round i want smilie i hope you can set difficulties and go till your survival?
---
Favorties smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
matrix Yellow Sparx Gems: 1441
#19 Posted: 15:20:30 27/07/2012
Yes! ^ I also hope that is one of the arena's, also, will the old arena's be playable in the new game?
---
I like Skylanders...
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#20 Posted: 17:04:18 27/07/2012
Toleroh: I think they probably haven't fully written the attack sequences for all the enemies yet in this portion. I think they were likely more focused on nailing down the Swarm animations first. But it is possible the fact it is a kids game, they don't want the difficulty level to be TOO high. I believe they will be having adjustable difficulty this time though. So maybe this is just easy mode.

I still am not a fan of this game's low end graphical style. They could do so much more with the graphics engine. The graphics should be much higher resolution with a larger polygon count.

I will say I'm excited to play as Swarm...he looks coolest amongst the Giants.

Hey Xero, what's up? I thought in a video at E3 they announced that the game will have difficulty settings as well as an intuitive difficulty scaler meaning the game would adjust if you kept dieing? I will begin my hunt for the video. I also wish they'd pump up the graphics engine since according to Activision the Skylander's I.P. made them more money than any other I.P. between January and April...I guess that would include WoW...which I find hard to believe. They might have made more if people could find the damn things lol. I.G.N. had a little snippet on that. I do have a link for that. http://www.ign.com/articles/20...ease-in-october
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:10:15 27/07/2012 by Tigorus
#21 Posted: 17:36:11 27/07/2012
Nice Tigorus! Yeah...I knew I had seen it somewhere that they'd have adjustable difficulty. Just didn't want to go hunt down the info on it. Thanks. And yeah...I'm back...still doing the painted figures. But I don't get why they wouldn't be throwing bodies at the projects on Skylanders. I'd be dumping tons of money into the franchise development. They have to be. But I have a feeling they are already working on the next set of stuff and I'm guessing it'll be a huge step up. If it isn't. I probably will bow out after Giants is done.

I am still kind of shocked they didn't make more dragons and a dragon Giant.
---
EpicHiro Blue Sparx Gems: 889
#22 Posted: 18:43:49 27/07/2012
^I suppose Magic could be a dragon of some sort - a Hydra maybe?
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#23 Posted: 20:27:26 27/07/2012
Quote: EpicHiro
^I suppose Magic could be a dragon of some sort - a Hydra maybe?

Erm.. maybe.. The Magic Giant looks a lot like a Genie, but it could be a dragon

This is what I mean:

http://www.smashinglists.com/w...Blue-Dragon.jpg
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#24 Posted: 20:34:51 27/07/2012
The difficulty goes by level. A level one Jet-Vac will render the level to be easy, while a level 10 Pop Fizz will render it hard.
---
Slivers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1387
#25 Posted: 20:48:51 27/07/2012

^ Yes please...this.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me