darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon > more The legend of Spyro and less skylanders games
Page 1 of 1
more The legend of Spyro and less skylanders games [CLOSED]
Leon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1532
#1 Posted: 18:40:19 20/07/2012 | Topic Creator
there are some players with the opinion that skylanders is not a great game, so i want some opinion about different spyro games
---
Different Gear, Still Speeding
Todorov_T_11 Green Sparx Gems: 282
#2 Posted: 18:47:35 20/07/2012
TLOS DOTD best game so far i have played
skylanders boring
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:48:44 20/07/2012 by Todorov_T_11
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8318
#3 Posted: 19:40:22 20/07/2012
You asked for my opinion so here:

LoS > classic > skylanders

Skylanders is a good game but I just prefer the others honestly.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#4 Posted: 19:47:41 20/07/2012
LOS can stay over for all I care,it's story is over and it would probably only get worse in future games because of this.
Skylanders can continue,and it will as long as Acti can get money out of us with the cool character/level designs... However,in my opinion,they'll need a good story to keep up. "Get stuff to defeat villain with magic" worked in SSA since it was the first game,but it won't work anymore.
Classic,I'm not that sure... They could continue this part of the series since Shadow Legacy left enough sequel hooks on,but they need great ideas to make this worth it. Not talking about pleasing the fans(the fandom is never pleased),but about making sucess. An amazing story,fun to play,and having enough replay value to last until the next game. Hard,but not impossible.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#5 Posted: 21:32:49 20/07/2012
^ Best post I've seen all day. Well said. I agree.

IMO, Classic > Skylanders > LoS
---
but i love it all smooth
#6 Posted: 22:00:52 20/07/2012
Quote: Bifrost

Skylanders can continue,and it will as long as Acti can get money out of us with the cool character/level designs...

where was this in skylanders i must have miss it or something. the game was boring 4 me with spyro alone i completed this game. didn't feel like a spyro game.
Also didn't fell like a good second game is coming from this it be much like the first. this just felt like rip off of gauntlet.
why am i typing this and playing cod zombies

all saying now at least spyro still around on the +side
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 22:42:05 20/07/2012 by Todorov_T_11
#7 Posted: 22:02:31 20/07/2012
oh miss got nothing person against skylanders
#8 Posted: 22:02:45 20/07/2012
↑please fix your quote
SpyraArtisan Blue Sparx Gems: 609
#9 Posted: 22:08:57 20/07/2012
IMO, The Legend series is a heap of boiling junk. It doesn't deserve to exsist. The storyline was overused, it was too much like the Lord of the Rings, and was much too grimdark for my liking.

The last game, DotD, had WAY too many plot holes, the free flight wasn't even "free flight", and the CO-OP was annoying and just stupid.

The final boss was either insanely hard or too easy.

Sometimes they could've done another thing rather than do the thing they did.

And overall, the entire trilogy was just a stupid idea.

Sure, the gameplay is pretty wicked, and the levels are cool, and DotD's graphics were far from outstanding, but everything else...no.

/endrant
#10 Posted: 22:18:19 20/07/2012
sorry gave a min
#11 Posted: 22:41:09 20/07/2012
Quote: SpyraArtisan
snip

Here's another good post..
I agree as I didn't like the story at all. I still like LoS a bit since the gameplay is fun most/some of the time (especially with the element cheat) but I hated almost everything else, but it's not medal worthy, seriously. 'Course neither is Skylanders.
All IMO.
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:43:43 20/07/2012 by LevanJess
#12 Posted: 22:53:34 20/07/2012
by the way anyone had a glitch in the destroyer level on Dawn of the dragon
when fly away from the lava u get killed instantly it only happen once though after the death it don't happen.
know what i mean by that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:56:03 20/07/2012 by Todorov_T_11
#13 Posted: 22:59:13 20/07/2012
I've no idea what you're talking about but I'm pretty sure it doesn't relate to the topic.
#14 Posted: 23:04:27 20/07/2012
maybe it my disk then mind
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#15 Posted: 23:47:15 20/07/2012
I don't think the quote is directed to me,nor that I understood what Todorov said,but if he's saying Skylanders was boring and didn't feel like a Spyro game,then I'll have to disagree.
One of the best parts of SSA is the fact that the gameplay is similar to the old Spyro games.While it's not as broad or fun as the old games,it's just as simple and with the sheer feeling of being in a magical place,like a fairy tale. And,while it's boring as heck to complete the game with only one character,the more Skylanders you use,the more different things get. I didn't think that when I bought the first three,but after I got a few more,it felt like a whole new game.
Well,my opinion given,Skylanders has so much potential it could get near the big series if they try hard enough. But,Spyro leading the Skylanders or Spyro on his own with Sparx,it all depends on how the developers will treat the group and him. Hell,we might just get another ETD or worse if they get sick of the hate and rush a Spyro-only game just to please us.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#16 Posted: 00:23:45 21/07/2012
not comment if i do might break 9 rules
VespiDragon8 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6572
#17 Posted: 01:16:41 21/07/2012
Skylanders saga is just to naive people. For me, this is not the Spyro with where I grew up and played in my childhood. So the same thing happened with Crash Bandicoot.
TLOS saga is the best for me. It may be that other people also say that this is not Spyro. But at least there are many characters and gameplay that is recovered. But Skylanders, only they added the name Spyro to sound attractive and remains Spyro, but that's not Spyro. I buy it for the Xbox 360 to have fun and get the achievements. But I'll never be convinced that this is Spyro The Purple Dragon, that of my childhood and to support this. And any Skylander fan or anyone will go to convince me.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 04:30:10 28/07/2012 by VespiDragon8
#18 Posted: 01:31:48 21/07/2012
Quote: VespiDragon8
Skylanders saga is just to get more money. For me, this is not the Spyro with where I grew up and played in my childhood. So the same thing happened with Crash Bandicoot.
TLOS saga is the best for me. It may be that other people also say that this is not Spyro. But at least there are many characters and gameplay that is recovered. But Skylanders, only they added the name Spyro to sound attractive and remains Spyro, but that's not Spyro.

I can fully agree with this.
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#19 Posted: 08:20:01 21/07/2012
Classic > Legend > Skylanders

Classic is undesputably, to many, the best of the two series and one spin-off appearance. The games were simply wonderful wonderfully simple platformers that were obviously not as great as other games of the era like Super Mario 64 and Banjo Kazooie, but still have a niche in overall gaming, and are very special to many people. In addition, every game but Enter The Dragonfly and many of the handheld exclusives had an arguably massive amount of content.

Legend is a decent series overall. There were many highs and lows of the series. In my opinion, and I can easily see this being something debated about, the best part of the trilogy was its character and witty dialogue. Sadly, Dawn of The Dragon failed to miss this mark. However, in return, it added a decent flight mechanic and vastly improved content. The combat was fun enough, even if mindless at a lot of times. The handheld versions of this set were good, with The Eternal Night on GBA and A New Beginning on DS easily being some of the best things to come out of The Legend of Spyro.

Skylanders is undoubtedly one of Spyro's extreme lows and slow slumps. Spyro's Adventure has a fun and creative gimmick in the toys, but sadly, the game itself is extremely easy and overall mediocre. I also dare to say it had even less content then A New Beginning, which was at least fun to replay. Skylanders fails to be addictive, challenging, lengthy, or have any particularly meaningful innovations to the gameplay itself. The 3DS version, however, is an engaging platformer and fairly lengthy for what it is. Overall, the worst thing about Skylanders is the insane amount of money you'll spend on it for even the Starter Pack. It would have far higher marks if each character cost $5- a game like that should give you an hour for each dollar you spend, but the $15-per-Skylander pricetag has hopes beyond realism. To add insult to injury, Giants doesn't look like it'll add anything worth spending on other than increased difficulty.
spyrothe111 Ripto Gems: 3702
#20 Posted: 00:59:40 22/07/2012
The Classics Are Always My Favorites! Enough Said. smilie

The Legends Were Pretty Good. I Was So Addicted With ANB I Beat It Almost 20 Times. smilie
TEN Almost 10 Times.
DoTD Once. smilie
The Series Is Over And I Enjoyed It Very Much. smilie

Skylanders Is Just, Awesome!
I Feel Bad For The Game Being Hated Months Before Release And Mostly For smilie Design But When The Game Was Released. BOOM!
Great Game And I Wish The Best For The Series. I Also Prefer This Over TLoS Series. smilie

Either Way... Spyro Rules! smilie smilie smilie smilie

Classic > Skylanders > Legend
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:01:09 22/07/2012 by spyrothe111
SilentButDeadly Gold Sparx Gems: 2086
#21 Posted: 19:18:41 27/07/2012
I thought TLOS was the least interesting of the entire Spyro series. The characters are stale and boring, the gameplay is repetetive, and the story (Specially of DoTD.) is just so contrived and uninspired. I thought the first two games were kinda fun to play, but it gets so monotonous doing nothing but bashing enemies for nearly every single area. The only things I thought were interesting in the series were David Spade as Sparx, and Cynder when she was a villain.

Classic was (Mostly.) great for its fun characters, simplistic plots, and fun, simplistic gameplay. I can't really add much else to this, merely because the series was great for its simplicity! Plus, it's more or less what most folks remember Spyro for anyway.

Skylanders was fun for the same reason as Classic, imo. The characters are a little more annoying, but at least they had CHARACTER (Much more than what TLOS can say, which only had a few interesting characters at most.), and the gameplay could get repetetive when it comes to puzzles, but at least it actually tried challenging your mind. I'll agree that the game is too easy for older gamers, but for younger gamers, as I've personally seen a number of times, the difficulty is just right. (But I hate the hell out of those prices. smilie)

So for me, it goes Classic > Skylanders > TLOS.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:20:08 27/07/2012 by SilentButDeadly
CynderFan1309 Gold Sparx Gems: 2235
#22 Posted: 01:08:35 28/07/2012
Quote: SilentButDeadly
amazing post

Very well said, I agree on this matter.
MJSpartan117 Green Sparx Gems: 263
#23 Posted: 03:10:00 30/07/2012
Quote: LevanJess
^ Best post I've seen all day. Well said. I agree.

IMO, Classic > Skylanders > LoS

Lolno

Classic>LOS>the two none gives a crap about (AHT ETD)> Skylanders
---
All conslole spyro games completed.
Posted Image: http://mag.racked.eu/cimage/i1...URNS%21/mca.png
#24 Posted: 03:46:55 30/07/2012
Olawd no thanks I'd rather play an extremely glitchy copy of EtD
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:50:51 30/07/2012 by LevanJess
#25 Posted: 05:51:35 30/07/2012
TBQH I don't see why everyone thinks the glitches in ETD are so bad. At least they're not serious glitches like the constant save file losses in AHT.
#26 Posted: 05:54:26 30/07/2012
Oh gosh I had one of those on AHT..
The glitches in EtD aren't that bad if they're not freezing your game up or sticking you in places or making you fall forever withotu being able to pause or whatever. Everything else can be quite fun IMO.
---
but i love it all smooth
#27 Posted: 06:48:17 30/07/2012
If you're playing the PS2 version, I suggest you pick up a GameCube or Wii, and play the GameCube version, as it is FAR less glitchy.
JetH7 Blue Sparx Gems: 827
#28 Posted: 03:33:03 03/08/2012
I'd like a remake of TLoS that follows the basic story, but makes the games longer, gives the cheractors more deapth, but with the same kind of game play.
---
I am the ghostly watermelon!!
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#29 Posted: 17:56:19 03/08/2012
Quote: JetH7
I'd like a remake of TLoS that follows the basic story, but makes the games longer, gives the cheractors more deapth, but with the same kind of game play.

That's gonna be awesome
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
#30 Posted: 18:02:46 03/08/2012
Quote: SamXala
Quote: JetH7

That's gonna be awesome

---------
#31 Posted: 00:53:57 04/08/2012
If anything, IMO, it's the other way around. They can change the points of the story in sequels, but the gameplay is in need of a massive revision to be less "why not mash?".
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me