Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > *nevermind about previous* The Everything Summer RP! Come join today!
First | Page 2 of 16 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15 16
*nevermind about previous* The Everything Summer RP! Come join today! [CLOSED]
Dmcrocks Gold Sparx Gems: 2182
#51 Posted: 17:46:45 10/07/2012
AngelicBeast,
I am working on a plot, If your willing, we can make tweaks so your characters will work. I, for one, love Flame, and would love to see him in an rp.
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
Coocie2 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4249
#52 Posted: 20:35:29 10/07/2012
i wanna rp
---
tumblr
not yr babe
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8530
#53 Posted: 20:57:42 10/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: NightBlade
This topic. IS EVERYTHING I try to explain to people.
The only things I disagree on are the ooc part, and the dark past.

here are my reasons.
So long as the story is progressing and characters are acting, i find it perfectly fine for people to converse about ideas and strategies, amongst some small talk in ooc. However, I do not approve of spam. For example, if a large dragonic litch flies down from the ceiling, and to keep it deep with out it kill you, you would have to destroy it's phlacatory (spelling). Then, I believe the party members should devise a plan, in sense, other wise they'd be screwed over.

And for the dark past, it really depends on the situation. For example, when I was really little my grandmother died in the hospital. Because of this, even though I know I shouldn't, when ever another family member, or my self, is in the hospital, I'm scared that we're all going to die.
This keeps me from wanting to go to hospitals. >.<
I know some dark pasts just build up yet another twilight story, but some can severely hinder characters.

Also, i hate when you ask for a history and they only give you ONE SENTENCE of a rather vague past. example: "He has a dark past, he lived on his own." >.< That's not a history, thats the first idea for one.
History is rather important for me because of some of the monsters i like to have later down the line, plot twists, and even occasions where you pass through one person's home town.
If I wanted to a mind flier attack the person with the dark past, and they failed their will roll (DnD), they would be utterly screwed over. How ever, without a decent past, the attacks are rather dull and easy to interpret as the players ticket to being a godmod/mary/garysue. Which makes my mind attacking creatures almost completely worthless...

I'll get off my soap box now. But the first post pretty much says everything, and I've said what I believe could be somewhat a flexable thing... minus history. WE NEED A DANG PAST.

Yes, I agree with you about the dark past thing. But I said "Secret dark past" because in all honesty, how many times have we seen that? I mean, I for one ****ing love dark pasts. It add to the character, but people just use the word secret so much as an excuse to not put up a actual past until they think of one later. OR to relate to a 'love interest' saying "OH HEY I DID THAT TOO"

I've seen it so many damn times that I just had to add it there.

About the OOC rule, many people complain about that so I added it there. OOC is fine, again, and especially dealing with battle plans....with a group. If you guys are having a conversation or a fight, TAKE IT TO THE PMS.

@AB, I agree with what you said too.

I really love Flame and I hate to see it that people are making you change him to fit the story. It pisses me off when I have to change a character too.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
Ezio Hunter Gems: 7178
#54 Posted: 21:29:53 10/07/2012
There is a thing called Microsoft Word, and it helps GREATLY if you try to make a detail character sheet as I have done:

Quote:
Full name: Roran Chase Harlow
History: He can’t really remember his childhood since of the underage drinking. Losing his parents in a car wreck when he was twelve did a number on him. People didn’t take notice of it until he started drinking. It stopped after his older brother came home from the war after hearing about his brother’s problems. Roran had quit drinking and actually enjoyed life then. He and his brother went on a hunting trip up in the Rockies and three days into the week long trip, Roran got attacked by a mountain lion.
Just a few years after the lion attack, Roran was in a car wreck with his brother. His brother died in the car wreck because his wounds were too mortal. That’s when the drinking started up again. He signed up for the army but got turned down, because he was too young, he got put in Blackwood for his problems.
Personality: He has a split personality. One of his personalities is cold, ruthless, hates people. The other side is smart, careful, cares for others. Roran likes to draw accurate drawings of horses. Flaws are pretty much what Roran does best; he is a klutz when it comes to balancing. He can whistle very well, not as good as his brother. His other side of himself likes blood, murders, and anything to do with killing.
Appearance: Roran has the world’s shaggiest hair that goes past his eyes. His hair is black with red and silver streaks in it. He has dark skin that makes his green-blue eyes stand out. He has a tattoo of flames on his neck, and it goes down his right shoulder. He has three scars on his face; two scars are on his jaw line that goes in upwards, and the last scar is on the bridge of his nose. He is quite muscular, but he is skinnier than what people his age are supposed to be.

TextWaffles are a RPer's best friend!! (I have no clue what I was on when I made this character. )
---
"The cowboy has always been a dying breed
But he takes his dying slowly, perched upon his steed."
lemmingluv Ripto Gems: 907
#55 Posted: 21:43:51 10/07/2012
One of the most annoying things I've come to see in an RP is when people join, post a few times, and then leave because things aren't going the way they want. Then there's literally three people left, and there's almost no point in continuing.

AND, when someone joins and tries to make their character the center of attention!
#56 Posted: 21:47:07 10/07/2012
^I know! People don't have the dedication for a roleplay.

@Bearo: I would too, and I have two other sheets like that.
---
#57 Posted: 21:50:07 10/07/2012
^It was needed. Greatly.
---
#58 Posted: 21:53:59 10/07/2012
Yeah, Greeny(i typed up greed at first. xD) done the same to my Assassin roleplay. xP
---
#59 Posted: 22:06:56 10/07/2012
Rage quiting is so damn n00bish. The role play is going to get far more intruiging in the future. Not to mention the repeating of words. >.<' Saying the same thing over and over again, it gets old FAST.

As I reading Inheritance, Chris had so much variety in his words, from what I actually paid attention to, I wished that half of the new RPers had the skill and the grammar knowledge to make a roleplay intriguing.
---
#60 Posted: 22:15:42 10/07/2012
I agree with AB. I have a few characters that no one knows about and they are from a book I have been writing, and I was going to make them come in a few roleplays. (Sesshomaru, guess what? >:3)
---
#61 Posted: 22:22:34 10/07/2012
Well, you got ninja'd again, and I am goin to make a few new characters. :DD
---
#62 Posted: 22:26:15 10/07/2012
^I remember that. I believe, I done it once, i cant recall.
---
#63 Posted: 22:40:07 10/07/2012
@AngelicBeast: I've been using Ezio Auditore in several roleplays, so it would help the story progress, and I see where your point is at.
---
#64 Posted: 22:48:11 10/07/2012
Yes, he is in Soul Calibur 5. And, I am an ameteur roleplayer, not as good as yourself.
---
#65 Posted: 22:48:15 10/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Okay, let me state my opinion on the subject.

I agree with AB and Sess here.

Although role playing as a Canon Character is a little bit wrong, depending on what you're doing that is, it's not really illegal. Changing up the character? Eh, a little weird but not wrong. What's illegal is if you claim the Canon Character is yours.

That's all I really have to say here.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#66 Posted: 23:02:58 10/07/2012
I've had about maybe 3 years. It's just a fact of expanding your knowledge imo. School is there for a reason, and just not to jack off and not learn ****. In reality, your actions have a inpact on you, and people here do not see that.

Erica, I'm all for the private roleplay. (since I'm not on skype.)
---
#67 Posted: 23:03:41 10/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: TheFlyingSeal
Okay, let me state my opinion on the subject.

I agree with AB and Sess here.

Although role playing as a Canon Character is a little bit wrong, depending on what you're doing that is, it's not really illegal. Changing up the character? Eh, a little weird but not wrong. What's illegal is if you claim the Canon Character is yours.

That's all I really have to say here.

That's basically what I have been trying to say. :/

That's why I said I agree with you as well.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#68 Posted: 23:05:23 10/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Dude, of course not. I would never make you change Flame.

I'm thinking of a private Roleplay where we could get all the older RPers who we KNOW are good. Kinda like a convention.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#69 Posted: 23:06:42 10/07/2012
In my post apocalyptic roleplay, I clearly stated in the plot that there was chemicals in the air, and the people that joined, paid no attention to it. >.< And ruined it.
---
#70 Posted: 23:13:58 10/07/2012
Erica, am I an older RP? smilie (I'm totally not sure.)

Sesshomaru, You are one of the good RPers I know, better than a majority of the ones here! You're extremely good, and your plots, Especially in Kingdom of Hell, is one of the more developed ones. And you were in my apocalyptic rp/ xD
---
#71 Posted: 23:20:28 10/07/2012
"The Fall" xD (fail title is fail)

And Angelic beast, THAT IS A BRILLIANT IDEA!!! /hugs
---
#72 Posted: 23:23:31 10/07/2012 | Topic Creator
AB and Ezio, I know for a fact I would let you guys join.

Sess, I haven't seen you RP yet. Sooo, I'm not sure.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#73 Posted: 23:25:13 10/07/2012
Erica, I roleplay with Sess, so I can vouch for him. :P
---
#74 Posted: 23:31:16 10/07/2012
I kind? That's a new one. I shall revive it birdy.
---
#75 Posted: 23:39:59 10/07/2012
Thanks Sess. :D And it is on the first page
---
First | Page 2 of 16 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15 16

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me