Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Fan Fiction > The Legend of Istar: Echoes from the Past
Page 1 of 1
The Legend of Istar: Echoes from the Past [CLOSED]
Runya_Isamu Gold Sparx Gems: 2014
#1 Posted: 06:47:06 08/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Right, I've wanted to write a story about my main dragon OC, Istar, for a year or more, and I've finally begun working on it!

Protagonists:
Istar: http://runya-isamu.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d56sito
Alana: No ref. yet.
Cian: http://runya-isamu.deviantart....046703#/d3fugg0
Caera: No ref. yet
Emmy: http://runya-isamu.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4iv4kb
Ethan: http://runya-isamu.deviantart....046703#/d41uvam
Runya: http://runya-isamu.deviantart....046703#/d3c15mb

Antagonists:
Cathal: No ref. yet.
Edan: No ref. yet.
Bairn: No ref. yet.

Prologue
The Beginning

A beautiful magenta dragoness and her mate, a navy blue dragon, slept peacefully in a

warmly lit cave, a small fire flickering deeper into the cavern. Wrapped in the magenta

dragoness’s tail up against her belly was a sapphire-colored egg, due to hatch any day now.

The egg stirred, and Alana, the magenta dragoness, opened a sleepy eye and looked at the

egg. Drowsiness blurred her mind, and sleep almost overtook her once more, but then the

egg stirred again, more violently than last time. This woke Alana fully, and she woke up her

mate, excitement filling her voice.

“Cian! Cian, wake up! I think the egg’s hatching!” she said excitedly.

“H-huh? What? The egg? Now?!” Cian stuttered in reply.

“Yes!” Alana laughed as Cian rushed over to watch the spectacle.

The egg shook, and a few small cracks appeared. The harder the egg shook, the bigger the

cracks became until eventually, a small, blue paw shoved through the cracks. After the paw

came a tail, then another paw, and finally, a head. The hatchling looked first at his mother,

then at his father, and a huge smile broke out on his face.

“It’s a boy! Oooh, isn’t he beautiful? He has your eyes, Cian.” said Alana adoringly.

“Uh-huh, and he has your horns.” replied Cian gently.

“What should we name him?” asked Alana.

“Hmm… how about Istar? A strong name for a strong hatchling.” replied Cian, watching his

son break the rest of his way out of the eggshell.

“Istar…” replied Alana, “Istar… I love it! From now on, he’ll be known as Istar.”

Hope you like it so far!
---
Mah DeviantART account: http://runya-isamu.deviantart.com/
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 03:23:16 19/08/2012 by Runya_Isamu
Denragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2763
#2 Posted: 11:02:44 08/07/2012
Nice... Is Istar the main character?
I want to know what will happen next...
---
"Everyday we make our own story to tell later for the next generation of us." -Denragon
Youla Yellow Sparx Gems: 1982
#3 Posted: 12:25:29 08/07/2012
Oh...I love Cian, somehow he seems so handsome to me... smilie
However, he already find his love Alana... smilie
Nah, just kidding, how could I fell in love with a fiction character smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:28:40 08/07/2012 by Youla
#4 Posted: 16:52:10 08/07/2012 | Topic Creator
@Denragon - Istar's one of the main characters, yes, but not the only one. And I'm glad you like it! smilie
@Youla - Heheh, well, I'm glad you like Cian. smilie
---
#5 Posted: 19:00:25 08/07/2012
O.o Thanks...
I don't where people learn to draw as pretty as that...
#6 Posted: 19:13:36 08/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Practice, practice, practice! At least, that's how I learned. And looking at reference pictures helps a lot, too, especially if there's something you don't know how to draw. smilie
---
#7 Posted: 05:48:21 09/07/2012
Yhh...I try to practice, again and again to draw what I love...I like animated movies with romantic touch...no seems working...maybe I can't draw at all...I just can draw bomberman... smilie smilie :X
#8 Posted: 05:56:38 09/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Oh, of course you can draw! As I said, it just takes a lot of practice. It took me at least three years to be able to draw the way I can.
---
#9 Posted: 08:44:43 09/07/2012
You totally right, Runya... All we have to do is practice, practice, and practice again until we can draw what is in our imagination with great result...
---
"Everyday we make our own story to tell later for the next generation of us." -Denragon
#10 Posted: 16:09:42 09/07/2012
I'm not talented in drawing...maybe I'm not destined in drawing...
But I'm good at making romantic story...start from boy and girl friend, 'till the purpose... smilie
#11 Posted: 05:49:02 15/08/2012 | Topic Creator
'Kay, I've finally finished chapter 1! Sorry for keeping my readers waiting for so long, but I had major Writer's Block. smilie'

But, anyway, I hope you enjoy it! smilie

Chapter 1
A New Little Sister!

In a flame-lit cave just outside the Valley of Avalar, a magenta dragoness lay next to her

sleeping hatchling, sulking.

Oh, Cian… Alana thought sadly, why did you have to leave? Your son needs you… and

I need you.
She sighed and looked over her shoulder at her sleeping son. It had been a

while since she’d thought about her mate, and it still pained her to this day.

I need to clear my thoughts… thought Alana, and decided to go for a short flight. Istar

had just been laid down for his afternoon nap, which meant he’d most likely be out for

another three hours. Alana got up quietly and left the cave, taking care not to wake her son.

She lofted into the air and flew until she came to a patch of burnt land.

Oh, no, she thought worriedly, I hope no one’s hurt. She flew down and landed softly

on the blackened ground.

“Hello?” she called out, “Does anybody need any help?”

“A-Alana? Is… is that you?” a strange voice whispered from nearby.

Wait… thought Alana, I know that voice. She trotted over to where the voice came from.

“Where are you?” she asked.

“O-over… here…” replied the voice, in obvious pain. Alana followed the voice to a large pile of

rocks.

“Oh, no,” whispered Alana, fear creeping into her voice. She rushed over to the mound and

started throwing rocks out of the way until she came upon the head of a dragoness about

the same age as her. The dragoness coughed a few times, then looked up at Alana.

“Alana…” whispered the dragoness, “it’s been ages… since I last saw you.”

“Oh, Caera,” replied Alana in a pained voice, tears forming in her eyes, “How did this

happen? Who did this to you?”

“T-there was… an Earth dragon… and a Fire dragon. But… n-never mind that now. I have…

an important task for you,” replied Caera quietly.

“And what would that be?” asked Alana, tears now running down her cheeks.

“I need you… to find my egg… and raise the chick that hatches from it,” replied Caera in a

serious voice.

“W-what?!” exclaimed Alana, “No! You’re not going to die, I’ll unbury you and take you to a

healer, and–” but Caera cut her off mid-sentence.

“No, Alana,” replied Caera seriously, “there’s no hope for me now. I will–” she cringed as a

sudden, sharp pain coursed through her body, “…I’ll be with… my family in the afterlife…

soon…”

“No…” whispered Alana fearfully, tears now streaming down her face, “No, not yet…”

“I’m sorry…” whispered Caera, almost inaudibly, “Goodbye… my… good… friend…” And with

that last breath, her body went limp.

“No…” said Alana in a shaky voice, “No! Caera, no! You can’t be dead! You can’t! You can’t…”

Alana broke down and sobbed, wishing her best friend was still with her. She continued to

sob for about an hour, and when she finally calmed herself down, she remembered her

friend’s last wish. I need you… to find my egg… and raise the chick that hatches from it.

“Don’t worry, Caera,” said Alana, “I will find your egg and raise it, I promise.” And with that,

she took to the sky in search of the egg.

It didn’t take her long to locate the egg, and she swooped down to retrieve it.

My, what a beautiful egg, she thought to herself as she flew back to her cave with the

egg in her paws. It was a grassy-green color, with yellow flecks here and there. Won’t

Istar be surprised!

She landed gently outside the cave and walked in. Istar was still sleeping in his nest. She

quickly prepared another nest for the egg, then carefully placed the egg in the nest.

“Istar,” said Alana gently, “Istar, honey, wake up. I have a surprise for you.” She nudged

him with her muzzle, and he looked over his shoulder at her sleepily.

“Hmm?” he said groggily.

“Come over here, hon, I have something I want to show you,” she replied. The hatchling

then crawled out of his nest and stumbled over to his mother. As soon as he saw the egg,

his eyes widened.

“Oooo, whassit?” he asked, looking up at his mother.

“It’s an egg, Istar. You’re going to be a big brother,” she replied.

“Brother? Brother! Imma be a brother!” exclaimed the young hatchling, jumping around

excitedly. He then stopped and looked up at his mother. “When’s it gonna hatch?”

“Oh, it should be any day now,” replied Alana, smiling.

“Yay, yay, yay!” exclaimed Istar and he began to jump for joy once more.
---
#12 Posted: 11:28:06 18/08/2012
Wow!!! It was a very touching story... Nice, Runya!
---
#13 Posted: 17:41:45 18/08/2012 | Topic Creator
Thanks! smilie
---
#14 Posted: 02:51:31 19/08/2012
Wonder why my brother say touching story...
I read this later, I'm quite busy right now...
#15 Posted: 03:20:12 19/08/2012 | Topic Creator
You'll see once you read it. smilie

Alright, that's fine. smilie
---
#16 Posted: 02:01:17 24/10/2012 | Topic Creator
To anyone who has read this, I'm sorry I haven't uploaded anything new for a while, I've had terrible Writer's Block. I'll try and get a new chapter up soon, but there's no guarantee.
---
#17 Posted: 03:44:53 24/10/2012
It's okay, Runya... At least, you still want to continue this story...
---
#18 Posted: 09:55:28 24/10/2012
Will...
Is something we want...
Not the WANT to satisfied the reader...
#19 Posted: 17:08:35 26/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Aww, thanks, guys! That means a lot. smilie
---
#20 Posted: 18:10:03 15/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Sorry it took me so long! But the next chapter's finally here! I'm gonna have to split it into two comments, though, because 1 comment would be 306 characters over the limit.

Chapter 2
That Fateful Day…

It had been a few days since Alana rescued the egg, and, just as she predicted, the egg

was beginning to move, signaling its hatching. Alana and Istar both watched the egg as it

shook, and cracks began to form on top of the shell.

“It’s happening, Istar! Are you ready to be a big brother?” Alana asked the excited hatchling.

“Uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh! Come out, little baby! I wanna see you!” Istar said excitedly to

the egg, wagging his tail furiously. The egg rocked back and forth, and the cracks grew

bigger, until finally, a tail burst out of the egg, followed by a hind paw, and eventually, a

head.
“Yaaay! You came out! Hi, baby!” exclaimed Istar, bounding in a circle around the egg. “I’m

gonna be your big brother, and we’re gonna have lotsa fun together!” The tiny hatchling

watched with wonder as the older hatchling bound around her, then stopped and stared at

her with a big grin on his face. She struggled to break out of the rest of the shell, and once

she was out, she stumbled over to the older hatchling, smiled, and gave him a big hug.

“Look, Mama! I think he likes me!” exclaimed Istar.

“She’s a girl, Istar. Your little sister,” corrected Alana, smiling down at the two of them.

“Sister?” asked Istar as he looked up at his mother, then back at his sister, and then he

smiled. “I don’t care if you’re a girl, we’re still gonna be best friends forever,” said Istar as

he hugged the little hatchling.

“What do you think we should name her, Istar?” Alana asked her son.

“Name? Umm…” The hatchling thought for a moment, then looked back up at his mother.

“How ‘bout Eggy?”

“No, hon, we can’t name her Eggy,” Alana chuckled. “I think we’ll call her… Emilia. Don’t you

think that’s a pretty name?”

“Emil… Emili… I’m gonna call her Emmy for short,” said Istar.

“Emmy it is, then. Welcome to the family, Emmy,” said Alana, smiling down at her new

daughter. Emmy looked at her mother, stumbled over to her, smiled, and stretched her arms

up as high as she could reach. Alana put her head down to her daughter’s level, and the

hatchling hugged her mother’s muzzle. Alana smiled at Emmy. Things were finally looking up

for the small family.
---
#21 Posted: 18:10:40 15/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Part 2

Four years later…

It was a warm summer day. The sky was overcast, but that didn’t dampen the spirits of two

certain young dragons.

“You can’t catch me, you can’t catch me!” taunted the green dragoness. She and her older

brother were playing a game of tag, and he was it.

“Oh yes I can!” replied the blue dragon as he chased after his sister. He sped up, and when

he came within range, he tackled her.

“Hey! No fair! You’re not supposed to catch up with me!” Emmy complained loudly.

“We’re playing tag, remember? Of course I’m supposed to catch up with you!” replied Istar.

“Istar! Emmy! Time to come in!” Alana called from the edge of the cave.

“But Mommyyyy!” whined Emmy as she walked up to her mother. “I wanna play some more!”

“Come now, Emmy, no more playing right now. It’s time for your nap,” said Alana soothingly.

“But I’m too old for naps! And I’m not even tired!” whined Emmy.

“No ‘buts’, hon. You have to take your nap. Come on, now,” said Alana as she nudged her

daughter towards her nest.

“Fine,” sighed Emmy as she laid down in her nest. She soon fell asleep, and Alana looked at

Istar.

“How about you and I go for a quick walk while Emmy’s sleeping? We haven’t spent any time

alone together for a while,” Alana asked her son.

“But what if Emmy wakes up while we’re gone?” asked Istar.

“I’m sure she won’t. Even though she wouldn’t admit it, your game of tag tired her out,”

replied Alana.
“Oh. Okay, then, let’s go! Come on!” said Istar excitedly as he ran out of the cave. Alana

chuckled as she followed her rambunctious son.

“Don’t go too far, hon. Stay where I can see you,” Alana called to Istar.

“Don’t worry, I won’t go too far!” Istar called back. Alana smiled at him.

He’s such a good child, she thought to herself. Just then, she began to sense a dark

presence nearby. Oh, no. A feeling of dread surged through her body.

“Istar, come back, hon!” she called to Istar, trying to conceal her franticness. Istar turned to

look at his mother, then ran back to her.

“What’s wrong, mom? Why’d you make me come back?” asked Istar curiously.

“We need to get home. Now,” she replied to her son.

“Why? We just left!” asked Istar.

“You can ask questions later, but right now, we have to get home as quickly as possible,”

replied Alana, still trying to keep the franticness out of her voice. Just as they were about to

head back to the cave, a big black dragon landed right in front of them.

“Well, if it isn’t Alana. Long time no see, hmm?” said the mysterious black dragon, looking

straight at Alana.

“Cathal! What are you doing here?” asked Alana angrily.

“Oh, I was just passing by and I thought I’d drop by and say hello to an old friend,” said

Cathal, grinning evilly.

“We were never friends,” replied Alana coldly. Istar looked up at his mother.

“Mom, who is that guy?” he asked. Cathal looked down at the young dragon.

“Oh, is this your son? He looks just like his father.” Cathal grinned evilly once more. The

mention of Cian hit Alana hard.

“Istar, I want you to go home as fast as you can. I’ll meet you there as soon as I can,” Alana

told her son.

“I don’t think so,” said Cathal, and he shot a blast of bright green flames at Alana, which she

blocked with her wing.

“Istar, go. NOW!!!” Alana yelled to Istar, but he was frozen with fear. “ISTAR!!!” Just then,

Cathal shot a beam of life-sapping energy at Alana, hitting her straight in the chest. She

barely had time to gasp before she crumpled to the ground.

“Mom, NO!!!” shouted Istar, tears forming in his eyes. He ran to her side and started

shaking her. “Mom, get up! You have to get up! You have to…” But he realized it was too

late. She was gone. He began to sob quietly to himself. Cathal started walking towards him.

“And now for you,” he said. Istar looked up at him, terrified. As he met Cathal’s gaze,

Cathal’s eyes glowed red.

“You are mine!” said Cathal. Istar began to writhe in agony.

“Augh!” exclaimed Istar. He was being corrupted; he could feel the dark energy surging

through him.

“Don’t bother trying to fight it, because in the end, you will give in to my power. You will be

corrupted, and I will mold you into a warrior to be remembered throughout the ages!” said

Cathal.

No, I can’t let him corrupt me! I won’t become evil like him! thought Istar as he fought back

with all his strength, and finally managed to break free of the corruption.

“No! You will be mine!” yelled Cathal angrily, but Istar had already taken off towards the

cave. “Urg! That little brat! How can he be so strong as to break free of my corruption?”

Cathal then grinned evilly.

“Nevertheless, you will be mine. I will find you, and when I do, you’ll wish you were never

born!” said Cathal maliciously, and he flew off.

When Istar reached the cave, he was panting heavily.

“Emmy, wake up,” he said to his sister as he shook her.

“H-huh? What? Why’d you wake me up?” she asked groggily.

“We have to leave. Now,” he replied.

“Why?” she asked, and she looked around. “Where’s Mommy?” With that, tears formed in

Istar’s eyes again, and it wasn’t long before he was crying once again.

“She’s gone, Emmy, and she’s never coming back! She’s dead!” sobbed Istar.

“D-dead…? Gone forever?” replied Emmy, and she, too, began to sob.

“Come on, Emmy, we have to get going. I’ll tell you the whole story while we’re walking,”

said Istar. Emmy got up and followed Istar out of the cave. They were now refugees, living

on their own, searching for a new place they could call home.
---
#22 Posted: 02:39:54 18/03/2013
Alright! Finally, you start writing your story again... I like it~
---
#23 Posted: 12:22:08 18/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks! smilie
---
#24 Posted: 02:45:42 19/03/2013
I'll read this latter, when I also have time to read the previous chapter...

Very, very sorry...I've forgot your dragon...
#25 Posted: 01:14:24 20/03/2013
In posting #3 I said I love Cian...
Then I re-read chapter 1 and got a little disappoint, again...

Now, after finish chapter 2, tears formed in my both eye, as I realize there's nothing stuck on my eyes...
It because there were 2 dragoness already put to dead, also leaving pair of younger alone...

I though Alana was going to tell Istar the truth about Emmy...

I know you have to take your time but, when the next chapter coming?
#26 Posted: 16:34:23 20/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Aww, sorry my story's made you so sad. smilie But don't worry, the next chapter will be a bit more happy. smilie And Istar will learn the truth about Emmy at some point, but probably not for a while. I'm not sure when the next chapter will be out, but hopefully soon.
---
#27 Posted: 14:04:41 21/03/2013
No, don't be sorry...
I may hate someone make me sad...but I love so very (x1000) very much when the one who make me sad is word (story). . .

Keep it up, but if the next chapter must be happy part, so be it smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me