Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Why So Slow? [CLOSED]
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#1 Posted: 05:33:38 02/07/2012 | Topic Creator
It can't just be me, but before it actually used to have a decent speed. But now, Spyro's Universe is really horribly slow, and no matter which server I play on, even on my aunt's good laptop (which used to play it fine, and plays Minecraft ONLINE excellently) it's just extremely buggy and slow no matter what I do even if I don't connect the Portal. So slow it takes five whole minutes to switch Skylanders for me. I'm positive none of the things I'm trying to play it on have any viruses or bugs, so has anyone discovered any workarounds? Because I really want to max out a couple of favorites before this site inevitably goes away in a couple of years but at this rate it won't even be able to load the Loading symbol. I wish they had made at least the Skyland customization part downloadable just so I could get my team up to Level 50 at all... *sigh*
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#2 Posted: 18:01:13 02/07/2012
It's not just you, I'm having the same problem. It's completely unplayable now.
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
SpyraArtisan Blue Sparx Gems: 609
#3 Posted: 18:31:53 02/07/2012
Same here. I guess it's because there's so many people and so many new things now?
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#4 Posted: 22:10:31 03/07/2012
It's slow for me too. I hate how it's slow. It ruins the game.
Cynder Lover25 Gold Sparx Gems: 2332
#5 Posted: 22:12:45 03/07/2012
do you guys have the new firefox if you use it
---
Been here since 2012...still a gold sparx
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#6 Posted: 00:34:23 04/07/2012 | Topic Creator
I use the new Firefox by default smilie
Cynder Lover25 Gold Sparx Gems: 2332
#7 Posted: 01:33:10 04/07/2012
Quote: GamingMaster_76
I use the new Firefox by default smilie

thres a update
---
Been here since 2012...still a gold sparx
whirlwind fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5748
#8 Posted: 10:09:48 04/07/2012
maybe it's your connetion because it mostly might not feel that good.
#9 Posted: 15:45:59 04/07/2012
If it's a connection problem how come it's suddenly unplayable for a number of people who had previously been able to play it without any real trouble? It's not a connection thing, something they changed in the last few weeks made it go from working ok to being completely unplayable.

Also I'm using Firefox... I've been told Chrome is good for SU but I still don't trust Chrome, it had serious flaws the last time I tried it.
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#10 Posted: 15:51:52 04/07/2012
Quote: Deandria
If it's a connection problem how come it's suddenly unplayable for a number of people who had previously been able to play it without any real trouble? It's not a connection thing, something they changed in the last few weeks made it go from working ok to being completely unplayable.

Also I'm using Firefox... I've been told Chrome is good for SU but I still don't trust Chrome, it had serious flaws the last time I tried it.

This.

I'm tired of people saying "maybe it ur connection lolol" when I have full bars on my frgggn computer, and all of my other stuff is running very well. \:
centaurion Yellow Sparx Gems: 1128
#11 Posted: 16:44:14 04/07/2012
Don't think this is a connection problem either I am using the latest Firefox and latest updated Flash player; it's a site problem there are too many of us users suffering this lag in the game when on line for it to be anything else smilie
---
smilie Procrastination is the thief of time smilie
#12 Posted: 23:18:58 04/07/2012
No, It's the area you live in because there's not good tower where you are plus there's not much towers as well where you are smilie
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#13 Posted: 01:51:03 05/07/2012
Stop saying it's a connection issue. My computer can play Minecraft in Online Mode just fine and that's a much more complicated game. smilie

They've obviously changed something since the Spring Update because that's around when it went into the "Why Am I Doing This?" speed. And before I rejoined the site I saw a bunch of you saying it, around then, too. There's no way all of us who could play it perfectly before are having CONNECTION ISSUES. smilie
#14 Posted: 03:54:07 05/07/2012
I'm not saying the connection i'm saying the (area) because my mum's house has a bad tower and my grandma has a good towersmilie(that workssmilie)
Toyger Green Sparx Gems: 453
#15 Posted: 13:13:57 05/07/2012
Quote: whirlwind fan
No, It's the area you live in because there's not good tower where you are plus there's not much towers as well where you are smilie

I can hardly get on, even though I'm on one of the best standard fibreoptic nets in the world smilie
There is no such thing as towers even when using fibre optics. I can download a 1 gig movie in seconds (Yes, SECONDS! Usually about a minute as it takes a bit of time to connect to the other user =P )
On a fully functional mac with no problems, always update my firefox and flash programs when prompted.

I promise you, it's not our net, it's the server smilie

I haven't even tried to log on since early June, as I couldn't go from the mainland to my island. So they still haven't fixed it?
---
Fav8: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie (top 10: smiliesmilie)
Own 35/37 - Need smiliesmilie
My DeviantArt: http://toyger.deviantart.com/
#16 Posted: 23:40:34 05/07/2012
No...
Phantom Platinum Sparx Gems: 5241
#17 Posted: 02:23:44 06/07/2012
Same. It's like molasses.
---
CAUTION!
Falling Chandeliers
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#18 Posted: 14:17:33 06/07/2012
mhhhhh molasses
---
THE END IS NEAR
#19 Posted: 18:43:21 06/07/2012
I'm not saying the connection i'm saying the (area) because my mum's house has a bad tower and my grandma has a good towersmilie(that workssmilie)

Could you please explain what you mean by that? The only sense I can make of it is if by tower you mean computer... but then the "(area)" bit makes no real sense. I really have no idea what you're talking about...
---
#20 Posted: 19:07:48 06/07/2012
No...

Just shut up, dude. You don't know everything.

Besides, you're losing the battle anyhow. more people over you, man

give up </3
#21 Posted: 01:18:24 07/07/2012
don't be a ***** just for tiny stuff your not always right! smilie
ShadowTwisted Green Sparx Gems: 305
#22 Posted: 03:20:06 07/07/2012
To be fair, it probably is a matter of a poor network connection, but on the server side. They add more content and the most likely reason for degraded performance is because after adding the content, nothing was likely done to decrease the strain on the equipment (namely network bandwidth). The more content they add that isn't being permanently added to a destination, the more bandwidth is necessary. The simpler solution is to just make it a standalone client with downloadable resources. That way there's very little that the server actually needs to communicate to each client.
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Shaznat Red Sparx Gems: 36
#23 Posted: 13:43:49 12/07/2012
Yeah I cannot play either. When I get stunned in the ground defense game it's literally impossible for me to get myself unstunned. Then after I lose the level my pointer just sits there and clicks over and over again catching up on all the times I had hit it. I gave up on it. I know it's not on my end either. I run Diablo 3 with full graphic settings at blazing speeds.

They really should think about upgrading their servers. I personally have given up on trying to play, way too frustrating.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me