Page 1 of 1
Destroyer paradox [CLOSED]
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10195
#1 Posted: 23:02:10 01/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Firstly let me apologize if there has been a topic covering this issue before. But I haven't posted here as an active member for a very long time. I got myself DotD two years ago and it has taken me a long time to come here and share my views.

We all know that there are tons of plotholes etc. in this game series but it doesn't mean that this series is horrible. Vice versa, this game series is great and very entertaining. But one thing that has really annoyed me is the concept of The Destroyer.

Ancient creature that creates new by issuing old one's destruction. In tabula-rasa-like situtation it sounds quite good. But it doesn't add up. This is only storyline that bothers me so much that I must whine and be annoying.

First of all if this creature destroys the world, how come The Chronicler has done his job in a physical location of the world map for many millenia and hasn't informed about the creature? How come the Chronicler has not died in the multiple apocalypses that every purple dragons have caused before Malefor and Spyro? It does not make sense to me.

But this explains Malefor's character (and Malefor's name is one plothole subject about which I won't start to whine). Malefor actually lied to Spyro about purple dragons' ways. He wanted to manipulate Spyro to believe in something that is not real so he could continue on with his mind games. And this is linked to Destroyer's unnecessity in the story. Malefor couldn't have hsd any clue about Destroyer's role in the world. Why? Because no one could have had! If the world has been destroyed and the new one created, no one could know what is to follow by the purple dragons' actions.

So this actually proves that Malefor is the first purple dragon. He was born ten dragon generations before Spyro. The first purple dragon theory is supported by the Chronicler's words that Malefor was the first of his kind. If Chronicler has done his work for thousands and thousands of years (which has to be more than 10 dragon generations), he would have known of the Destroyer trend.

And those isles where Chronicler lives are physical locations in TLoS world. If there have been previous Destroyers in the past, you think that the information about them couldn't be found anywhere in the world. Not in any form of source. But still Ignitus and every older character in the game knows about the creature.

So my point is that Destroyer was stupid idea. They could have done that storyline much better. I personally would have stayed with the apes as the minions of darkness. But The Destroyer concept is the most contradicted and unnecessary thing in TLoS series.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8318
#2 Posted: 23:21:57 01/07/2012
I don't think the destroyer was a stupid idea but like you said they should have no one know about the destroyer. Everything else I suppose I agree with. But I tend to not pay much attention to the details of this game because it was such a disappointment.
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#3 Posted: 23:15:17 02/07/2012
It's Very Confusing if you are looking for the details (Just like me, I want to find out every detail in the Storyline of the videogames). Anyway, I Think we need another TLoS Game to find out EVERYTHING xD
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10195
#4 Posted: 00:02:23 03/07/2012 | Topic Creator
I would have personally wanted to see an TLoS game where Spyro travelled to those Dark Realms beyond that the convexity hides. Think about it... there could have been enemies far eyond Malefor's image of evil etc. Too bad this game series did not succeed as it was expected. smilie But let's see if Skylander's succeeds well enough so we could see more Spyro games, smilie
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#5 Posted: 00:39:40 06/07/2012
Quote: Project_Unnamed
I would have personally wanted to see an TLoS game where Spyro travelled to those Dark Realms beyond that the convexity hides. Think about it... there could have been enemies far eyond Malefor's image of evil etc. Too bad this game series did not succeed as it was expected. smilie But let's see if Skylander's succeeds well enough so we could see more Spyro games, smilie

Absolutely Agree =)
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#6 Posted: 01:48:24 06/07/2012
Whats even worse is that it's implied Malefors armies and the destroyer are purple dragon created constructs, Malefor was stopped in his time and yet here is another destroyer...Spyro should have complete utter control
Leafex Yellow Sparx Gems: 1055
#7 Posted: 05:59:56 09/07/2012
Isn't the Chronicler already dead?
---
http://laurel-tree.deviantart.com/

As uncertain as things are, none of us can remain idle and watch our worst fears unfold before us.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me