darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Portal Owners Pack and Starter Pack
Page 1 of 1
Portal Owners Pack and Starter Pack [CLOSED]
Guy Blue Sparx Gems: 551
#1 Posted: 22:22:50 26/06/2012 | Topic Creator
From what I have seen, the Portal Owners Pack only has Tree Rex. It annoys me to think that I'll have to go out and buy another undead and air Skylander ( to replace Cynder and Jet-Vac.). Come to think of it, I won't because I have 4 undeads and 2 airs. But it still makes me sad for those who don't have undead and air.
---
Green is not a creative color
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#2 Posted: 23:46:58 26/06/2012
I only lack air,fire and life,but I wasn't going for Jet-Vac to begin with - I'll buy remodels for these elements so I can finish SSA as well.
However,the fact it's not that cheaper(15 dollars,despite the toys costing around 9 if I'm not wrong) despite lacking two toys is bad. Specially considering I'll have to order the toys from different websites(it'll take another several months after release so they take the game here and charge it for 4x the normal price,and the best website for the Starter Pack lacks preorders of single packs),it'll be even more expensive to buy the toys separatedly.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#3 Posted: 11:12:35 27/06/2012
Personally I'd rather spend $15 more and get 2 Skylanders and a spare portal... I think the Portal owners pack is literally just for people who don't want Jet Vac at all.

Even if you don't want a spare portal or Cynder it's $15 for Jet Vac which is a fairly high price for a single Skylander but you could always try and claw some of the money back selling Cynder and/or the spare portal... you'd surely get more than $5 for both of them which means that Jet Vac would be at retail or lower.
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
Stealthelfrocks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1235
#4 Posted: 11:41:03 27/06/2012
I read on the giants site and it explained the starter packs on the FAQs and it said there were three skylanders and giants in the with portal and without portal. So I got kind of happy for a moment since I don't have cynder and I know her special move
she can create a bolt of lightning from the sky kind of like double trouble with the magic bombs
---
well guys..... took me a while.... but i might still hang around.... dont know..... but.... I loved the moment while it lasted smilie
#5 Posted: 12:32:48 27/06/2012
Quote: Stealthelfrocks
I read on the giants site and it explained the starter packs on the FAQs and it said there were three skylanders and giants in the with portal and without portal. So I got kind of happy for a moment since I don't have cynder and I know her special move
she can create a bolt of lightning from the sky kind of like double trouble with the magic bombs

Sorry but that's not true... the starter pack has 3 Skylanders... but the portal owners pack only has Tree Rex. You can pre-order it in multiple places now and they all say "1 figure" or "1 Giant" included and no other Skylanders.
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#6 Posted: 13:01:14 27/06/2012
30$ for one giant... that is insane pricy....
#7 Posted: 13:03:58 27/06/2012
...or the game is $45 and the giant is its MSRP of $15...

$45 is really not a high price for a brand new console game...
---
#8 Posted: 13:27:20 27/06/2012
Then just buy the full priced game and sell what you don't want? If you think the portal owners pack is a rip off then don't buy it.
---
#9 Posted: 13:39:14 27/06/2012
Surely you should use the series 2 and retire the original since the series 2 will have more powers?
---
Skybagel Gold Sparx Gems: 2092
#10 Posted: 13:53:41 27/06/2012
Really disappointed on the Portal Owners Pack. Great, got to shell out another $15.
---
Whoop whoop! Yellow Sparx on the day of Swap Force's release!
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#11 Posted: 16:18:50 27/06/2012
Quote: Skybagel
Really disappointed on the Portal Owners Pack. Great, got to shell out another $15.

Why? You don't need to get the Starter Pack, you can buy the figures on their own.
#12 Posted: 16:21:01 27/06/2012
But if you want Jet Vac and Cynder's repose it's cheaper to get the starter pack.
---
#13 Posted: 16:36:23 27/06/2012
Quote: henryszuch
Quote: Deandria
Surely you should use the series 2 and retire the original since the series 2 will have more powers?

yeah but my cynder is fully leveled up and upgraded its just not worth that much of a waste of time just for 1 attack. plus she is my oringinal.

Well not fully levelled up, you'll still have to level her from 10 to 15. Personally I'd rather put a bit of extra effort in to level the new one for the Wow Pow. I mean what does it take to level a Skylander from 1-10 and get enough money for the upgrades? Less than an hour for sure.
---
#14 Posted: 17:49:15 27/06/2012
I'm sorry but you've got all the Skylanders so you have the maximum XP bonus, I don't and it still doesn't take me an hour to max out a Skylander... of course it takes a lot longer if you want to do all heroics, maybe 3 hours in total.
---
#15 Posted: 17:58:19 27/06/2012
Quote: bionicle2809
Quote: Skybagel

Why? You don't need to get the Starter Pack, you can buy the figures on their own.

Because I saved up thinking I would only need to pay $60 for EVERYTHING but the portal. And if I but them seperately, it would cost me more money.
---
#16 Posted: 18:10:28 27/06/2012
No, dude. I already made a deal that I could only make up to $60 for chores from now till then and so I have to tap from my saving so I can't buy another game I was looking forward to smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:13:20 27/06/2012 by Skybagel
#17 Posted: 18:15:22 27/06/2012
You do realise this game isn't out for over 3 months right? That's $5 a month you need to save... If you have that much trouble saving maybe you need to consider not buying it at all.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you in part. I think it's unfair that the portal-less version doesn't come with at least Jet Vac since we won't have him... it's crazy that it only comes with a Giant since I'm sure the portal is the most expensive thing there... but it's $15... not $100.
---
#18 Posted: 18:43:42 27/06/2012
No, no. I have NO money right now and I need to save $20 a month not $5. Actually, come to think of it around $33 a month in order to buy just the portal pack and game I want. All I am saying is I am disappointed that I cannot get the extra game in October and I have to spend it in figures I thought would be free with the Portal Owner's Pack.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:45:34 27/06/2012 by Skybagel
#19 Posted: 18:49:49 27/06/2012
Are there no old games you don't want anymore? You could sell some old junk on eBay or have a garage sale... or even part-ex for the game...

Heck (assuming you're in the northern hemisphere) it's the peak of lawn mowing season... $15 is at most 3 small lawns... you could get that 1 Saturday if your parents are ok with it. I don't know how old you are... if you're like 10 they might be against it but judging by your typing I'd guess much older.
---
#20 Posted: 21:55:09 27/06/2012
12, but I don't know how to use our lawn mower + I think it is broken. And no, I am NOT selling ANY of my games since I don't have that many. Thank you for your suggestions though, and I will ask.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:55:48 27/06/2012 by Skybagel
#21 Posted: 22:01:36 27/06/2012
Washing cars is another option. You're probably too young for a paper round but that depends on the local laws and your parents.
---
#22 Posted: 22:32:28 27/06/2012
We use a car wash.
---
#23 Posted: 23:18:24 27/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Guys, what I meant by feel bad was that I had seen a trailer of Giants, and there was a place where you needed an undead skylander to continue. So if you don't have the main starter pack or an undead (and maybe air) skylander, you can't progress far in the game.
---
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#24 Posted: 23:48:20 27/06/2012
Quote: Guy
Guys, what I meant by feel bad was that I had seen a trailer of Giants, and there was a place where you needed an undead skylander to continue. So if you don't have the main starter pack or an undead (and maybe air) skylander, you can't progress far in the game.

You didn't need an undead Skylander to progress - if you actually watched the video then you would see that there was a drop south to the entrance of the undead area that could be used to continue. You do not need Skylanders of specific elements to complete the story of the game.
#25 Posted: 04:24:41 28/06/2012 | Topic Creator
oh...
---
#26 Posted: 22:59:34 29/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Well I'm still mad I only get Tree Rex.
---
spyrodadragon Green Sparx Gems: 490
#27 Posted: 01:05:24 30/06/2012
DOUBLE POST
---
everyone spam this now Posted Image: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/i...0x/30597908.jpg
or the enderman will kill you
#28 Posted: 09:25:41 30/06/2012
THIS GUY ARE GONNA ROLL... BRING THE FEATHER AND TAR... LET JUSTICE BE DONE AND NO MOAR DOUBLE POSTING!
#29 Posted: 10:57:36 30/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Oh forgot about the rule, sorry
---
#30 Posted: 11:53:45 30/06/2012
Quote: Guy
Oh forgot about the rule, sorry

lol... i was just kidding smilie
CynderVolts Green Sparx Gems: 372
#31 Posted: 20:44:06 03/07/2012
I originally was going to get the portal owners pack,but then I did some research and the sites said blah blah blah, the portal owners pack only comes with tree rex and i was like WHAT?!?! I MUST have that series 2 cynder and jet vac or pop fizz (because on a few other sites it said pop fizz was in the console pack and jet vac in 3ds and flipped. So I am ticked that I (sort of) have to buy the starter pack. But relieved that I found out before I did anything.
---
Too much volts, not enough lightning.
GAH!! WHERE THE FUDGESTICKS ARE YOU BOOMER!!!
spyrodadragon Green Sparx Gems: 490
#32 Posted: 21:38:57 03/07/2012
yes but everyone but tree rex will come in a single or triple pack
---
everyone spam this now Posted Image: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/i...0x/30597908.jpg
or the enderman will kill you
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me