darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > "...bonus levels (Darklight Crypt) transfer to the new game..."
Page 1 of 1
"...bonus levels (Darklight Crypt) transfer to the new game..." [CLOSED]
Graz73 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3215
#1 Posted: 18:50:54 21/06/2012 | Topic Creator
I've been following the Giants news, but this is the first article to make this claim:

"Also, bonus levels like the Darklight Crypt also transfer to the new game for even more content."

Otherwise, the article is nothing special:
http://www.geek.com/articles/g...iants-20120621/

What do you think? I doubt that this blogger knows what he's talking about, but I HOPE hes right. Playing new Darklight or Dragons Peak levels would be great!
---
For Trade: EyeSmall, Punch Pop Fizz, Lava Barf Eruptor(black): PM to deal!
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#2 Posted: 19:08:47 21/06/2012
It's interesting, and I'd certainly hope it's accurate. Although, I thought someone asked them at E3 about it and they said "no comment" to it.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#3 Posted: 19:56:13 21/06/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
It's interesting, and I'd certainly hope it's accurate. Although, I thought someone asked them at E3 about it and they said "no comment" to it.

Exactly, they said "No comment". That either means "we're thinking about it" or "yes, but we're not going to say yet". If not, they would have just said "No, we won't be supporting series 1 location items".
#4 Posted: 20:24:44 21/06/2012 | Topic Creator
If I had to guess, I'd think they'd still do something, but not much. For instance the Darklight crypt might still do its ghost attack when you put it on the portal, but there would be no special mission or pies all over the place.

I don't think it would do nothing, mainly because of inventory issues. They don't want kids buying one of these that is still on a shelf somewhere then returning them because they dont work.
---
#5 Posted: 22:46:31 21/06/2012
Quote: Graz73
If I had to guess, I'd think they'd still do something, but not much. For instance the Darklight crypt might still do its ghost attack when you put it on the portal, but there would be no special mission or pies all over the place.

I don't think it would do nothing, mainly because of inventory issues. They don't want kids buying one of these that is still on a shelf somewhere then returning them because they dont work.

The article said bonus levels - not the location items, the actual levels.
DaddysHelper Green Sparx Gems: 204
#6 Posted: 16:03:25 26/06/2012
New article confirms this

http://www.digitalspy.com/gami...per-unique.html

And the direct quote

What carries over from the original Skylanders to Skylanders Giants?
"Everything on your toy will. Your hats you've collected, your power-ups, your stats - all that stuff carries over into the game. The adventure packs too - for example, the pirate ship we released - all of those will unlock the same worlds in Giants.

"We wanted to make sure that every single piece that we had from the first one can be carried over into the second one. We have such an amazing fanbase and we're so thankful for our audience, and we wanted to make sure that we were giving them as much as we could with Giants."
#7 Posted: 20:35:12 26/06/2012 | Topic Creator
This is great! But I am curious about "all of those will unlock the same worlds in Giants."

Would they really just put the same levels in Giants? It might be cool of there are new things to do in those past locations... very cool
---
#8 Posted: 20:46:19 26/06/2012
This is great! But I am curious about "all of those will unlock the same worlds in Giants."

Would they really just put the same levels in Giants? It might be cool of there are new things to do in those past locations... very cool

I doubt it considering they'd have to modify the levels to support giants. The levels will probably have the same name and such but will be different in their design - maybe the levels will continue the plot from the levels in the first game. So each adventure pack becomes it's own mini-plot as the Skylanders series continues... Maybe smilie
squirrels Blue Sparx Gems: 733
#9 Posted: 23:33:44 26/06/2012
I love that idea, bionicle. Even if the level is mostly the same, a continuing story would be fun! We could roll up to the Darklight Crypt and Batterson is all, "Occulous is at it again and I can't sell my pies. Please go kick his eye some more!" Then Occulous is like, "Oh, you again? No matter, I'm much more supremely powerful now." And then he's got some new mechanics for that boss fight. smilie

*wanders off to write a fanfic while waving Skylander figures around like a madwoman*
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#10 Posted: 13:21:05 27/06/2012 | Topic Creator
OK, so if this is all true and ALL of these items still work, what will the "Volcanic Vault" do now??
---
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#11 Posted: 13:24:59 27/06/2012
OK, so if this is all true and ALL of these items still work, what will the "Volcanic Vault" do now??

Probably just the same as it does now... I doubt they'd go out of their way to add new content for an item that was free and therefore made them no money.
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
Xerobull Green Sparx Gems: 431
#12 Posted: 18:26:57 27/06/2012
They'll have to rework the levels to allow the new giants footprint.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me