darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Found out about the starter kits
Page 1 of 1
Found out about the starter kits [CLOSED]
zap18 Gold Sparx Gems: 2521
#1 Posted: 14:14:24 20/06/2012 | Topic Creator
So I went to gamestop, and found out that you can preorder Giants.
Ther are 2 kits

1 is just the plain game
And the other is The games, the portal, The figures, and everything else.
---
Salsa is best monkey
Amiibos or skylanders? Not sure this time around
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#2 Posted: 14:35:05 20/06/2012
Unless something has changed recently the portal-less pack comes with figures...

Quote: bionicle2809
Game:
• Starter Pack ($74.99 RRP) - Including Game, Portal, Tree Rex, Pop-Fizz (3DS), Jet-Vac (Console), Series 2 Cynder and extras* (Wii/Xbox 360/PS3/3DS) - I'm guessing it'll be about £65 RRP
• Portal Owners Pack ($59.99 RRP) - Includes Game, Tree Rex and extras* (Wii/Xbox 360/PS3/3DS) - I'm guessing it'll be about £50 RRP

*Extras are a Poster, Web Codes, Trading Cards and Stickers

This is information we have known for a while actually...

Edit:
Quote: TRU's Pre-order page
Portal Owners Pack includes:

• 1 Video Game
  • 1 Skylanders Figure
  • 1 Character Collector Poster
  • 1 Sticker Sheet with Secret Code
  • 1 Trading Card

Edit again:
Quote: Amazon's Pre-order page
Skylanders Giants Portal Owners Pack Includes: Game, Poster, 1 Giant Character, Trade Card and Sticker Sheet
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 14:43:10 20/06/2012 by Deandria
JuLeDoS Blue Sparx Gems: 653
#3 Posted: 15:01:45 20/06/2012
The Portal Owner's Pack comes with Tree Rex. This is old news.
---
Are you my mummy?
#4 Posted: 15:24:24 20/06/2012
Quote: JuLeDoS

That was my point:

Quote: Deandria
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
JuLeDoS Blue Sparx Gems: 653
#5 Posted: 15:33:30 20/06/2012
Quote: JuLeDoS

That was my point:

Sorry, I was talking to the OP, not you.
---
Are you my mummy?
#6 Posted: 15:41:44 20/06/2012
Oh! Duh >.< Sorry lol
---
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#7 Posted: 15:48:55 20/06/2012
Most of the threads in this section (Giants) has been known for a while and is all contained within the Sticky thread yet are all reposted by newer users or users that don't bother to read the last page or two of the Sticky.
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
Themrmusicman14 Blue Sparx Gems: 939
#8 Posted: 22:09:20 20/06/2012
So does anyone know for DEFINITE which new skylander comes with the console version?
---
Champions: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
gman2001 Blue Sparx Gems: 944
#9 Posted: 22:18:42 20/06/2012
Quote: Themrmusicman14
So does anyone know for DEFINITE which new skylander comes with the console version?

Jet-Vac
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#10 Posted: 22:19:30 20/06/2012
The problem is, I'm gonna have to get the one with the portal so I can get the three figures, I'll convince my parents you need it cuz the old portal won't work for this game
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#11 Posted: 22:25:51 20/06/2012
Quote: Lunarz
The problem is, I'm gonna have to get the one with the portal so I can get the three figures, I'll convince my parents you need it cuz the old portal won't work for this game

What?
#12 Posted: 22:32:40 20/06/2012
-.-, nooo, the old portal does work...but my parents dont know that, so if i convince them i need the new portal aswell, i can get all the figures
---
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#13 Posted: 22:33:46 20/06/2012
This is not nice...
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#14 Posted: 22:42:46 20/06/2012
-.-, nooo, the old portal does work...but my parents dont know that, so if i convince them i need the new portal aswell, i can get all the figures

but your parent are reading this forum too...
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#15 Posted: 23:18:05 20/06/2012

The "booster pack" is $15 more than the "portal owners pack" and you get two regular figures that retail for $8-10 each, and a backup portal.
Not that bad a deal.
---
#all Spyros are valid
#16 Posted: 23:27:16 20/06/2012
Mhm, but Its always nice to have another portal aswell! in case one gets lost or broken, and you cant buy individual portals
---
CynderFanatic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3028
#17 Posted: 00:22:05 21/06/2012
So, will Jet-Vac, reposed Cynder, and Pop Fizz be sold as single packs for those of us who buy the Portal Owners Pack?
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie Hey Ladies smilie smilie smilie smilie
MoonlitCynder Gold Sparx Gems: 2589
#18 Posted: 01:55:51 21/06/2012
Quote: CynderFanatic
So, will Jet-Vac, reposed Cynder, and Pop Fizz be sold as single packs for those of us who buy the Portal Owners Pack?

That is what I'm wondering. Otherwise I will just have a second portal.
---
37/37 + BsmilieTF+GITDsmilieRsmilieE3smilieFlockedsmilieGITDsmilieAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
48/48 + 6/6 Legendary+smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie+ smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#19 Posted: 02:04:18 21/06/2012
they will be probably, HOWEVER, Buying the one with the portal woulb be cheaper, considering every single skylander is worth, 10 dollars I believe, 10x3=30, so i'd rather pay the 15 dollars for the portal instead of wasting 30...
---
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#20 Posted: 05:13:26 21/06/2012
^ If I were you I would tell my parents the truth and explain how it would actually be a better deal because you get a backup portal and extra figures for much less than you would pay for everything individually.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
fanjo Gold Sparx Gems: 2382
#21 Posted: 13:44:01 21/06/2012
Yes, better to tell your parents the truth. I'm a parent. If my son lied to me on purpose about the toys, I wouldn't buy any skylanders for him! I would consider an extra portal as a spare as he uses it so much and extra figure for a few quid more.
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#22 Posted: 13:54:42 21/06/2012
Is it 100% definite? It would seem logical for the only difference for the portal owner's pack to not include a portal.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#23 Posted: 14:05:53 21/06/2012
Quote: AzureStarline
Is it 100% definite? It would seem logical for the only difference for the portal owner's pack to not include a portal.

Well aside from my sources in the following quote:

Unless something has changed recently the portal-less pack comes with figures...

Game:
• Starter Pack ($74.99 RRP) - Including Game, Portal, Tree Rex, Pop-Fizz (3DS), Jet-Vac (Console), Series 2 Cynder and extras* (Wii/Xbox 360/PS3/3DS) - I'm guessing it'll be about £65 RRP
• Portal Owners Pack ($59.99 RRP) - Includes Game, Tree Rex and extras* (Wii/Xbox 360/PS3/3DS) - I'm guessing it'll be about £50 RRP

Edit:

• 1 Video Game
  • 1 Skylanders Figure
  • 1 Trading Card

Edit again:
Skylanders Giants Portal Owners Pack Includes: Game, Poster, 1 Giant Character, Trade Card and Sticker Sheet

Which seems pretty conclusive on their own....

There is also this image:

[User Posted Image]

You can see both boxes on this picture, the top one is the starter set, you can see the figures in the box: 2 small ones above a larger one. The box below clearly doesn't have the 2 smaller fuzzy blob Skylanders.

Edit: To make it easier to see what I'm talking about I made this:

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:15:21 21/06/2012 by Deandria
EpicHiro Blue Sparx Gems: 889
#24 Posted: 15:20:43 21/06/2012
^What you've labeled as Jet-Vac seems darker than Cynder. Pop Fizz is about the same colour/brightness as Jet-Vac. But it probably will get Jet-Vac and just a dodgy camera.
#25 Posted: 15:34:18 21/06/2012
I had pondered saying I wasn't totally sure which was which but if you compare the one I labled Cynder to the shape of the Cynder repose I think you can see it seems to be the same shape with the wings in the air. Imagine:

[User Posted Image]

facing forwards, straight out of the box. The shape is far more like Cynder than Jet Vac. The other blob is more lopsided like Jet Vac's pose:

[User Posted Image]

Edit: Oh I suppose it could be Pop Fizz... I assumed that was the console starter kit.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:40:52 21/06/2012 by Deandria
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#26 Posted: 17:51:44 21/06/2012
Quote: AzureStarline

Well aside from my sources in the following quote:

Game:

Edit:

• 1 Video Game
  • 1 Skylanders Figure
  • 1 Trading Card

Edit again:

Which seems pretty conclusive on their own....

There is also this image:

[User Posted Image]

You can see both boxes on this picture, the top one is the starter set, you can see the figures in the box: 2 small ones above a larger one. The box below clearly doesn't have the 2 smaller fuzzy blob Skylanders.

Edit: To make it easier to see what I'm talking about I made this:

[User Posted Image]

damn! you see good, how strong is the glasses??...
CynderFanatic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3028
#27 Posted: 23:32:32 21/06/2012
Will the Giants portal work on the Spyro's Adventure game?
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie Hey Ladies smilie smilie smilie smilie
matrix Yellow Sparx Gems: 1441
#28 Posted: 23:34:28 21/06/2012
^ Most likely, yeah
---
I like Skylanders...
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me