Page 1 of 1
Question for LoS fans [CLOSED]
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#1 Posted: 23:31:06 14/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Normally I just stick to the Skylanders sections of the message board. I've never played LoS, so I don't think I'd have much to say here. I'm curious though, I've encountered a handful of users who drop into Skylanders sections occasionally who seem to prefer this Spyro series to the new Spyro/Skylanders games. Those users have appeared to have quite strong, generally negative, feelings about the new Spyro series of Skylanders game, so I was curious...

Knowing what you know now, if you were able to alter history for the Spyro series, would you go back and cancel the Skylanders series of Spyro games before they were released? If yes, would you still do so...even if it didn't necessarily mean you'd get a new entry in the Legend of Spyro series?

Just curious how strongly some of you feel about this, thanks!
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8318
#2 Posted: 23:49:29 14/06/2012
I wouldn't stop skylanders from being made because, honestly, I like the game. However I would change it so you don't have to buy characters to play as them. If it meant there would be another TLoS game I might change my mind but that is a huge uncertainty. I do really, really want the Legend of Spyro to continue though because I think they are the best games of the series.

I'll admit that when skylanders started I was fully against anything to do with it. That has changed since I recently watched the game played through fully and now I actually like it. I just hate the idea of buying these toys.

BTW, I want to play skylanders through fully with 1 skylander to be sure I like it. Which one would you recommend? The game has already been bought by my family so I don't need to worry about that cost.
JetH7 Blue Sparx Gems: 827
#3 Posted: 18:53:48 15/06/2012
Well it kind of depends. If I got an HD remake of TLoS (Or a new game) Heck yes. Other wise Skylanders is cool with me. Heck I might even buy it some time.
---
I am the ghostly watermelon!!
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8593
#4 Posted: 21:19:33 15/06/2012
If it meant another LoS game, yes. :/ However, I don't see why both couldn't be developed at the same time. Simply have different developers working on each series. LoS fans would be happy, Skylander fans would be happy, everyone would be happy...
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:20:43 15/06/2012 by redwes
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#5 Posted: 00:26:17 16/06/2012
Not everyone. Don't forget the Classic fans.
---
but i love it all smooth
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#6 Posted: 01:17:28 16/06/2012
Yeah, not everyone liked the LoS, red.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8593
#7 Posted: 04:34:23 16/06/2012
Ah, yes... smilie Sorry, I forgot about the classic fans.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#8 Posted: 17:46:48 17/06/2012
Quote: JetH7
Well it kind of depends. If I got an HD remake of TLoS (Or a new game) Heck yes. Other wise Skylanders is cool with me. Heck I might even buy it some time.

Oohhh TLoS HD Collection, HELL YEAH smilie

About Skylanders, I didn't like much the game, because you need to buy at least 8 figurines to explore every area (I have 6, I still need a Fire and a Life Skylander <.<) and this figurines are so freaking expensive in my country (15 Dollars each figurine, What the ****?).

Seriously I'm getting sick with Skylanders, I don't If I will Buy or get Skylanders Giants (no Spyro Name in the title <.<). I want something from the Classics or TLoS Series, so Much smilie
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
JetH7 Blue Sparx Gems: 827
#9 Posted: 01:39:17 19/06/2012
Quote: SamXala
Quote: JetH7

Oohhh TLoS HD Collection, HELL YEAH smilie

About Skylanders, I didn't like much the game, because you need to buy at least 8 figurines to explore every area (I have 6, I still need a Fire and a Life Skylander <.<) and this figurines are so freaking expensive in my country (15 Dollars each figurine, What the ****?).

Seriously I'm getting sick with Skylanders, I don't If I will Buy or get Skylanders Giants (no Spyro Name in the title <.<). I want something from the Classics or TLoS Series, so Much smilie

I'd only want something from the classic series if Insomniac (Is that how its spelled?) made it. I really hated A Heroes Tail so yeah...
---
I am the ghostly watermelon!!
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#10 Posted: 15:33:01 19/06/2012
If it were up to me I wouldn't cancel Skylanders, but I would cancel the sequel, I think "The Legend of Spyro" series is fine with only three games. I also know this is the most generic thing to say about Spyro EVER but, I would much prefer them returning to the old series. But still smiliesmiliesmilie FAN FOREVER, LONG LIVE THE PURPLE DRAGON.....also bring back smilie
#11 Posted: 16:51:51 19/06/2012
Quote: TorchSheep
If it were up to me I wouldn't cancel Skylanders, but I would cancel the sequel, I think "The Legend of Spyro" series is fine with only three games. I also know this is the most generic thing to say about Spyro EVER but, I would much prefer them returning to the old series. But still smiliesmiliesmilie FAN FOREVER, LONG LIVE THE PURPLE DRAGON.....also bring back smilie

I'm agree
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#12 Posted: 14:36:54 21/06/2012
I don't know. On one hand, the game is rather decent and can fill my time for............a few hours at most. It's not a bad game by any stretch, so don't get that idea.

On the other, you have the inevitable milking of the franchise (as well as the dropping of the Spyro name in general) where the game isn't going to improve much from the negatives it had, and the ridiculously annoying fans in the Skylanders sections that have gotten to the point where I don't even bother posting in there anymore (even though I would post there all the time prior to the game's release).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:37:31 21/06/2012 by CAV
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#13 Posted: 16:21:05 21/06/2012
Don't really mind Skylanders, I like LOS but Skylanders to me doesn't even feel like a Spyro game. Still play it through but you have to admit it seems they just slapped Sparx, Spyro and Cynder in there and called it a day.

Hopefully we can get more games with more story/plot and character interaction as classic/legend did with the focus on said dragon hero.
#14 Posted: 00:52:42 22/06/2012
Quote: Jackson117
Don't really mind Skylanders, I like LOS but Skylanders to me doesn't even feel like a Spyro game. Still play it through but you have to admit it seems they just slapped Sparx, Spyro and Cynder in there and called it a day.

Hopefully we can get more games with more story/plot and character interaction as classic/legend did with the focus on said dragon hero.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing when I got the game, it doesn't looks like a Spyro game from classics or TLoS Series. The bad thing is we have to keep waiting until the company realise a new Spyro game or an HD Collection from any series (classics or TLoS), but not Skylanders Giants (where's Spyro name in the title?). After all, Spyro is getting famous because of us, the old and new fans. Spyro forever and ever, Brace to the Big Hero of the Dragon World, Avalar, Forgotten Realms, the entire world and Skylands.
---
Wojowu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1415
#15 Posted: 16:14:23 22/06/2012
For me, TLoS isn't good game compared to old Spyro. But it's a lot better than Skylanders. I haven't personally played this game, but even after looking at videos, at pictures... Game itself may be good, but I won't call it "better Spyro". I really would prefer new TLoS
---
Any Osu fan here?
#16 Posted: 17:49:37 22/06/2012
Quote: Wojowu
For me, TLoS isn't good game compared to old Spyro. But it's a lot better than Skylanders. I haven't personally played this game, but even after looking at videos, at pictures... Game itself may be good, but I won't call it "better Spyro". I really would prefer new TLoS

Agree
---
opagan Green Sparx Gems: 235
#17 Posted: 01:26:09 04/07/2012
At first I didn't know what to think of Skylanders.When I got it I loved it,but I felt like it wasn't a new spyro game.I kept wishing that after the first skylanders they would make an actual spyro game ,could be TLoS or classic,I don't really care,but I like skylanders I just hope that they don't milk it like guitar hero.
---
It takes one to know one
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#18 Posted: 01:46:59 04/07/2012
^ It's nice to see a Spyro fan open-minded enough to try Skylanders and not diss it just because Spyro looks different or just because it doesn't revolve around him or isn't LoS or Classic! I agree with you.
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:19:14 06/07/2012 by LevanJess
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8318
#19 Posted: 01:54:13 04/07/2012
I was honestly expecting a lot of skylanders hate in this topic but that's surprisingly not the case. I suppose that's a good thing.

Welcome, opagan.
Winston1 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#20 Posted: 15:53:02 04/07/2012
I enjoyed Skylanders, and it did remind me a bit of the classic Spyro games, but I fully agree with the notion that Spyro, Sparx, and Cynder are guest characters in it and nothing more. I wouldn't say that the series doesn't deserve to exist, but I would rather have liked them to release the Spyro's Kingdom game that has been uncovered, and released Skylanders as franchise without any connection to Spyro.
Askaniz Green Sparx Gems: 119
#21 Posted: 17:28:57 04/07/2012
I'd personally cancel every single Skylanders or any other Re-boot they ever think about just to have another The Legend of Spyro game....

Don't get me wrong there, I just loved LoS :3
Leafex Yellow Sparx Gems: 1055
#22 Posted: 06:08:18 09/07/2012
I like Skylanders, but it doesn't feel related to Spyro. I wouldn't opt to cancel Skylanders unless I knew there would be a new Spyro game in its place. Really, my biggest wish is for a Legend of Spyro game made with more effort and polish.
---
http://laurel-tree.deviantart.com/

As uncertain as things are, none of us can remain idle and watch our worst fears unfold before us.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#23 Posted: 08:53:46 10/07/2012
I wouldn't cancel Skylanders, but I'd take Spyro out of it so it wouldn't be technically a Spyro game. I just don't like how Activision has added Spyro in a totally new game and made him one of 32 other characters (not including legendaries and stuff). Spyro is supposed to be a main character, not just one characters out of 32. I don't hate Skylanders, but I'd like it much more if it never had Spyro in it. I think Activision just put Spyro in the game to gibe the game more of a... well... head-start, I guess you could say, because they know how many Spyro fans there are. I think they think that if they added Spyro, more people will like it, but they are actually making a lot of Spyro fans upset..
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#24 Posted: 22:47:14 25/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Thank you all for your contributions. I have been reviewing the thread occasionally as posts were made, but have nothing of my own to contribute to it since I haven't played any Spyro games prior to Skylanders. It's good information to know. Since there has been no contributions for a long while, I'm going to close this topic. Again, thank you all for your participation. smilie
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me