Page 1 of 1
Activison nerfed Tree Rex [CLOSED]
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1 Posted: 02:32:29 11/06/2012 | Topic Creator
here's Tree Rex from NY ToyFair 2012

As you can see here, Tree Rex does damage when he enters the world, grenades only do 2 damage to him, he has 700 max health, and he does 100 damage per attack. AT LEVEL ONE.

Enter E3

Grenades do 35 damage to him. he enters like a regular skylander. he has 700 max health, but he's at LEVEL NINE, NOT LEVEL ONE., his attacks only do 22 damage.

ACTIVISION, WHY YOU NO KEEP TREE REX UN-NERFED! so much for smilie on steroids.
JuLeDoS Blue Sparx Gems: 653
#2 Posted: 02:37:45 11/06/2012
That's rather disappointing, but they needed SOME balance to the game.
---
Are you my mummy?
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#3 Posted: 02:45:08 11/06/2012
Balance, obviously. Why bother playing a regular Skylander when a Giant would do the job well and painlessly?
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#4 Posted: 02:53:01 11/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: D-Rex
Balance, obviously. Why bother playing a regular Skylander when a Giant would do the job well and painlessly?

true this. but Activi$ion ruins good stuff sometimes.

i do know this COULD be a difficulty mode related nerfing.

but otherwise, this is interesting.....
dragonmk Blue Sparx Gems: 761
#5 Posted: 04:23:03 11/06/2012
they kinda needed to nerf him becuase with an interview they said they would be playing along normal skylanders and well if that can happen maybe they can go pvp against normal skylanders well that would be to op if they only have one giant
---
I havent updated since I don't particularly care but I have gotten all the skylanders except varients only ones are glow Warnado and WERDS
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#6 Posted: 05:23:43 11/06/2012
They're not supposed to be way more powerful than every other character, so making his numbers realistic was a necessary decision. Otherwise, they would make every other character obsolete, and no one wants that.
icecube7731 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1298
#7 Posted: 06:14:08 11/06/2012
With these games there is a fine line between balance, and them turning a great character into a weak and worthless character(comparatively). There are plenty of current skylanders people don't like because they are too weak or have too many problems. I am sure this came up with a balance issue where the character, especially if you look at some who have tons of potential, was strong and was nerfed for balance as the game came out. If this happens again, they may make these giants very weak compared to some of the elite characters out there like Stealth Elf. Do we really want these new "special" characters to be a hype where after we play them, then we are all extremely disappointed at how ineffective they are. I personally would rather have my new giants be the badasses they were meant to be than just have big characters that are not even stronger than just playing my favorite series 1 characters.
---
37skylanders bsmilie rsmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
28skylanders + minis(no smilie)
SSF: All minus dark STT: All standard
#8 Posted: 12:58:35 11/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: icecube7731
With these games there is a fine line between balance, and them turning a great character into a weak and worthless character(comparatively). There are plenty of current skylanders people don't like because they are too weak or have too many problems. I am sure this came up with a balance issue where the character, especially if you look at some who have tons of potential, was strong and was nerfed for balance as the game came out. If this happens again, they may make these giants very weak compared to some of the elite characters out there like Stealth Elf. Do we really want these new "special" characters to be a hype where after we play them, then we are all extremely disappointed at how ineffective they are. I personally would rather have my new giants be the badasses they were meant to be than just have big characters that are not even stronger than just playing my favorite series 1 characters.

Yes, I do admit, giants are strong.
But ghost roaster does 58 damage at level 9
Tree rex does 22.
what a joke.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#9 Posted: 13:40:34 11/06/2012
Quote: Tashiji
They're not supposed to be way more powerful than every other character, so making his numbers realistic was a necessary decision. Otherwise, they would make every other character obsolete, and no one wants that.

Arguably, they kind of are supposed to be much more powerful than all the other characters. To me, that was kind of the point to them.

But yeah, that's true. Balancing everything out makes much more sense. At least this way, Giants might be interesting competitors for PvP
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Natfire Gold Sparx Gems: 2192
#10 Posted: 14:41:36 11/06/2012
Quote: ZapNorris
Quote: icecube7731

Yes, I do admit, giants are strong.
But ghost roaster does 58 damage at level 9
Tree rex does 22.
what a joke.

Tree rex isn't upgraded, whereas that smilie probably is upgraded to the max
Cheeseman Green Sparx Gems: 462
#11 Posted: 17:38:12 11/06/2012
Tree Rex has a good combination of attacks, and will have a very big HP stat. If he was completely overpowered, I wouldn't use my old characters, so it's a good thing in my opinion.
---
Skylanders: All of them. Boom!
Reaganag Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#12 Posted: 19:10:45 11/06/2012
Has anyone else noticed that Tree Rex is wearing a pumpkin hat?
---
Awesome avatar by nintendofan92!
Have waves 1,2,3, and 4
Themrmusicman14 Blue Sparx Gems: 939
#13 Posted: 00:33:32 12/06/2012
Yeah in an interview i saw that they said that there attacks are a tiny bit more powerful but they're a lot slower than the other skylanders unless they have a charging attack like tree rex or something, and they're bad when a lot of enemies come around at the same time
---
Champions: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
trentd78 Ripto Gems: 914
#14 Posted: 17:02:21 29/06/2012
i LOVE how he slams down at the ground when you put him on. but thats not the final version, so nope.
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#15 Posted: 18:04:37 29/06/2012
they nerfed him, bastards.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#16 Posted: 18:15:54 29/06/2012
Kappa, watch your language please.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
spyrodadragon Green Sparx Gems: 490
#17 Posted: 18:54:26 29/06/2012
he had more health a lvl 1 because they didn't want him to die during the presentation when he wasn't supposed to
---
everyone spam this now Posted Image: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/i...0x/30597908.jpg
or the enderman will kill you
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me