darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > GameStop Giants Release Date Change
Page 1 of 1
GameStop Giants Release Date Change [CLOSED]
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#1 Posted: 00:40:12 08/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Dont know if this confirms anything or a mess up, but all starteracks and expansion packs have changed to the release date of The last day of December. This also corresponds to 22 wii U games being released. Either giants got a new date or they just messed up. Plus I guess we can expect wii u towards December. And don't wii games work with wii?
Ignitor101 Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#2 Posted: 00:42:27 08/06/2012
Quote: Rand O M
Dont know if this confirms anything or a mess up, but all starteracks and expansion packs have changed to the release date of The last day of December. This also corresponds to 22 wii U games being released. Either giants got a new date or they just messed up. Plus I guess we can expect wii u towards December. And don't wii games work with wii?

No,that's just a mistake,when gamestop dosen't know the realease date of s console or day,they change the release date to 31/12/2012
#3 Posted: 00:44:52 08/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Ok Thnks
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#4 Posted: 01:00:28 08/06/2012
Yes, what Ignitor said is correct, that's Gamestops's "safe" date because they know that the game is coming out this year but they don't know exactly when so they just list the very last day of the year, which is December 31st.

About the Wii question, do you mean are Wii games playable on the Wii U? I'm not 100% sure but I heard from an interview that Nintendo wasn't planning to make it backwards compatible and that's why they changed the name from "Wii 2" to "Wii U" so people wouldn't mistake it as an add-on or true sequel to the Wii system. From all of the images of the system that I've seen, it doesn't appear to have any components which would make it backwards compatible but I could be wrong.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:01:50 08/06/2012 by OpalOsprey
#5 Posted: 01:39:46 08/06/2012 | Topic Creator
I meant wii games work on the wii u. I think they will though?
Double Trouble Green Sparx Gems: 243
#6 Posted: 01:50:09 08/06/2012
The Wii U can play Wii games, it cannot play Gamecube games.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me