Page 1 of 1
Giants on 3DS Topic [CLOSED]
Dmcrocks Gold Sparx Gems: 2182
#1 Posted: 20:10:10 07/06/2012 | Topic Creator
In this topic, you post any kind of discovered info on the upcoming 3DS version of Skylanders Giants.
The current known information is:

• The game will be developed n Space instead of Vicarious Visions
  • The cost for the game will be:
  • $75 dollars for Starter Pack(With Portal)
    $60 dollars for Expansion Pack(Without Portal)
  • Confirmed. Tree Rex, Cynder, and Pop Fizz will come in the starter pack.

Please any discovered information here.
I will add a Change Log in the post. If I add something new, it will be posted in the Log.
Also, please only post new, unknown information! You may argue or debate too, just don't take too far. You can post opinions on the 3DS version too. Just.. Stay on topic!
Thank You!!!!
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:04:06 07/06/2012 by Dmcrocks
#2 Posted: 20:12:08 07/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Change Log
07/06/12
Topic posted.
Confirmed starter characters. Tree Rex, Cynder, and Pop Fizz.
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:02:13 07/06/2012 by Dmcrocks
jona818 Green Sparx Gems: 490
#3 Posted: 21:09:22 07/06/2012
i wonder what giant the 3ds will come with because if they make it tree rex (the same as the console starters) then many people wont want to buy it becuase of the repeated skylanders and i hope we get info soon on how the 3ds game is going to be
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
want- smilie smilie smilie
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#4 Posted: 21:17:32 07/06/2012
Nintendo Power reports that it'll be Tree Rex, Cynder, and Pop Fizz.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Skylanderportal Green Sparx Gems: 461
#5 Posted: 00:12:40 08/06/2012
I want the 3ds version but I don't want a repeated Tree Rex and R-Cynder
---
All SSA but smilie
SG: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Sidekicks: none
Ignitor101 Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#6 Posted: 00:24:46 08/06/2012
Quote: Skylanderportal
I want the 3ds version but I don't want a repeated Tree Rex and R-Cynder

Same here.i don't even have the 3ds version of S:SA
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#7 Posted: 01:05:00 08/06/2012
I expect a dark variant of cynder in the same spirit as dark spyro and I would be okay with this. The only flaw with this is that the extra Tree Rex would have zero value. Everyone with the Giants game would already have one.
#8 Posted: 01:48:45 08/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Well my bro and i both have a 3DS, so he claimed the Tree Rex from the starter pack for ps3, so mine could be mine and then an extra.
---
kiz3000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1734
#9 Posted: 10:57:59 08/06/2012
I hope that nspace take what they have learned while they were developing Heroes of Ruin. HoR has a demo out on the Nintendo eshop (UK anyway) and its pretty darn good. Combining some elements of it with SKYLANDERS giants would be awesome.
Cheeseman Green Sparx Gems: 462
#10 Posted: 12:18:42 08/06/2012
Putting two of the same character in the starter packs was really strange. Who needs two Cynder's and two Tree Rex's? In fact, who needs two Cynder's in the first place? We already have one. Hoping that there isn't a version of any of the characters frankly-especially if it's a version of Pop Fizz.
---
Skylanders: All of them. Boom!
Skylanderportal Green Sparx Gems: 461
#11 Posted: 15:06:45 08/06/2012
I hoped that it would be Bouncer, Pop Fizz, R-Zook or something, since they're the only ones widely released before knowing what character the starter pack had.
---
All SSA but smilie
SG: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Sidekicks: none
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#12 Posted: 13:06:20 29/06/2012
I find it baffling that they'd duplicate two figures like that. A huge chunk of why I felt ok spending for both the 3DS and PS3 games was the different figs included. I really hope this changes before launch...
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#13 Posted: 13:32:22 29/06/2012
Posting my theory on this again here.

Pop Fizz will remain a "3DS Exclusive" until later in the lifespan of the game (Like Ignitor). However, people will still be able to play as Pop Fizz by buying the LightCore version of him (and at a higher price than the regular ones)

That way, people can have him even if they don't want/have a 3DS.

Kinda sucks, but I wouldn't put it past them. I'd really like for there to be an "Exclusive" figure like Dark Spyro. Dark Cynder perhaps? At least then I'd feel better about picking up the 3DS version.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#14 Posted: 15:29:43 29/06/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487

Pop Fizz will remain a "3DS Exclusive" until later in the lifespan of the game (Like Ignitor). However, people will still be able to play as Pop Fizz by buying the LightCore version of him (and at a higher price than the regular ones)

Kinda sucks, but I wouldn't put it past them. I'd really like for there to be an "Exclusive" figure like Dark Spyro. Dark Cynder perhaps? At least then I'd feel better about picking up the 3DS version.

Then that wouldn't be fair to the expansion pack owners.
---
Bring the Fanta
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:30:03 29/06/2012 by TheSpyrofan12
terradorheart Green Sparx Gems: 418
#15 Posted: 15:49:32 29/06/2012
It would make more sense for them to put Pop Fizz as the single character in the returning players pack, and Jet Vac for the returning players console. Then that way, if you bought both versions of the game, one as a returning player and one with the portal included, you would end up without any duplicates. One Tree Rex, one Cynder, one Jet Vac, and one Pop Fizz. But I'm sure that would be too easy for activision.
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#16 Posted: 16:32:29 29/06/2012
Can you provide sources of all that?
spyrodadragon Green Sparx Gems: 490
#17 Posted: 18:59:11 29/06/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487

how much is a light core so it can be mine
---
everyone spam this now Posted Image: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/i...0x/30597908.jpg
or the enderman will kill you
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#18 Posted: 21:57:48 29/06/2012
Quote: TheSpyrofan12

Then that wouldn't be fair to the expansion pack owners.

Well, it wasn't really fair when Ignitor became released regularly. Conversely having Dark Spyro as a 3DS exclusive isn't fair to those who don't have a 3DS, but want Dark Spy.

This way they can get people to buy more stuff, but not feel super left out if they didn't own both of the consoles.

@spyrothadragon: According to what we were told from E3, the price for the regular figures is $9.99 and the LightCore figures will be $11.99
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
dragonmk Blue Sparx Gems: 761
#19 Posted: 23:04:33 29/06/2012
Reimu here is the source for where they got the information
Link
---
I havent updated since I don't particularly care but I have gotten all the skylanders except varients only ones are glow Warnado and WERDS
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:05:41 29/06/2012 by dragonmk
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me