darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Wow Pow Upgrades, Heroic Challenges and Battle Mode Balance - Discuss
Page 1 of 1
Wow Pow Upgrades, Heroic Challenges and Battle Mode Balance - Discuss [CLOSED]
Toleroh Yellow Sparx Gems: 1858
#1 Posted: 17:25:08 07/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Intro:
No one claims that Skylanders has a balanced Battle Mode. While we appreciate all of the cool arena and fair fight options, there are clear advantages some characters have. That's fine, so this is not based on the premise that Skylanders is or should be balanced. It is what it is.

I am just hoping for a discussion on how two things regarding Giants will affect Battle Mode for better or for worse or just for discussion's sake:

As we've heard so far, some lucky Skylanders will get "Wow Pow" Upgrades while others will not. Do you think this will unbalance Battle Mode? Will there be an option to remove/nerf the power in Battle Mode? The only one we have seen so far, that I know of, is a lightning move for Cynder--doesn't look too impressive but who knows.

The other thing I've thought of is Heroic Challenges-- the new Skylanders will not be able to portal into your SSA game and run all 32 or even 1 challenge to get the stats bonus. So--will all the Heroics be in Giants? Will old Skylanders have a fighting advantage? Will they assume any Skylanders portaling in have the challenges done and buff the new Skylanders by default? If so, would that nerf the old ones who haven't done them all for some reason?

I don't have answers to these but I'm sure the game will give us plenty of options to figure out things in our own way. For instance, our smilie is upgraded on the Forest Ninja path. No overpowered Pooks allowed.
---
BATTLECAST: StumpSmashRules#405
PortalMaster Happy Libertyelf (RIP). Favor-eight: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#2 Posted: 17:31:50 07/06/2012
Here's what I see happening:

1)Wow Pow upgrades don't look super impressive just going on Cynder's. I can't imagine any of them to be super powered, but you also have to take into effect that they WANT you do buy the new remodels. It's no so much as being unfair to you as it is to them wanting to make money.

2) All characters will get a bonus, as we saw in the facebook gameplay video that there are items that will upgrade an "Upgrade-A-Tron". I'm guessing THAT will probably work similar to the Heroic Challenges, but allow you to do them for every character, old new and reposes. (Rather than having to do each one individually/ have one for each character)
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Themrmusicman14 Blue Sparx Gems: 939
#3 Posted: 23:21:16 07/06/2012
Hmmmmmm a while back i would of said no way to the reposes but since i dont have one for the other paths i might and with the WOW POW upgrades its...............
---
Champions: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#4 Posted: 00:17:13 08/06/2012
Old figures will unlock new heroic challenges!
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me