darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > New in Giants: Difficulty Settings - Discuss
Page 1 of 1
New in Giants: Difficulty Settings - Discuss [CLOSED]
Toleroh Yellow Sparx Gems: 1858
#1 Posted: 15:23:42 07/06/2012 | Topic Creator
I wish I had the link handy but I don't so I will try to post it later. In an interview with the executive producer, he said that there would be difficulty settings in Giants.

Not only that, there would also be an automatic, behind the scenes, difficulty adjuster.

He said something about it having to do with how well you are doing, your character's level, and of course the manual setting.

The only thing he mentioned it would impact is the amount of damage dealt to you by enemies.

Reaction:
First of all - great news. #1 complaint with SSA is it's easy. Now easy does add to fun! to a point, most of the time. I'd rather take too easy than too hard, and I realize it's a kids game, etc. etc. Still, being such a great game with so little to complain about, that's my #1 complaint. Okay, it's a minor one.

But secondly -- I wish / hope it's not merely damage dealt that changes. I can think of two stats that could make the game much more interesting if they were improved in the enemies:

1. HP - The enemies need to take more than one hit to eliminate. Think about it--when a skylander levels up, his HP goes up. Make the enemies higher level and thus higher HP. Let us appreciate the attack animations and combos. I mean, why use Stump Smash's spin move when a regular thump will work? I still do it but it would be fun to need to do it.

2. Speed - The enemies need to be faster and harder to hit. Pretty much it does not matter how much damage many of the enemies do because they are not quick enough to hit you. I realize some people fight standing still but the rest of us have been circle strafing around enemies on games like Doom II since the mid-90s.

Finally, I hope the auto-difficulty only makes things harder and not easier. The way I set my difficulty level in SSA is by resetting my figures to level 1 and going straight to the later chapters, like a level 1 trigger happy into chapter 20. That is difficult, and fun. It doesn't last long because you level up so quickly but shooting the weak gun gets that effect of enemies with higher HP.

That's my humble opinion. What do you think?
---
BATTLECAST: StumpSmashRules#405
PortalMaster Happy Libertyelf (RIP). Favor-eight: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#2 Posted: 15:33:37 07/06/2012
I think the most annoying thing would be the output of damage from enemies. The worst one of that was he Knights, which (if there was more than one) would go and deal an absurd amount of damage in one hit. And while you tried to get away from the one attack, the other would hit you too, because of the huge blast radius, often times knocking almost 70% of your health out in a few seconds.

I think we may have seen this in the gameplay video that they posted on Facebook. There was an "ambush" cutscene, were 3 Stealth Elf Minions attacked. So if you're doing super good, Ambushes will happen to try to slow you down.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#3 Posted: 15:55:37 07/06/2012
I like it, games need to be more challenging and this just might offer that challenge.
Is this the first Spyro game to offer a difficulty setting? I think it is...
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Sanctum Nomen Green Sparx Gems: 416
#4 Posted: 16:11:43 07/06/2012
I'm hoping you can have a snowball effect on the difficulty in the level's. So even when I jump in with my level 15 skylanders the last levels will be very hard to beat! smilie

*dreams they put a mode in that makes the game as hard as dark souls*
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#5 Posted: 16:32:02 07/06/2012
I think they said something like that. Like the game will judge how well you're doing and chang the difficulty based on that. I'm levelling all my original Skylander up to 10 before Giants, so I wonder if the game will adjust so it's like playing with a level one character or if it will be really easy.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
SpyraArtisan Blue Sparx Gems: 609
#6 Posted: 21:01:08 07/06/2012
So it's like the classic Spyro games, where the game adjusts the playing level to how many times you die to make it either easier or harder.

Heh, nothing new here...
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#7 Posted: 14:00:37 09/06/2012
Will this make the heroic challenges harder?
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
Ignitor101 Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#8 Posted: 14:36:09 09/06/2012
Quote: Failinhearts
Will this make the heroic challenges harder?

good question
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me