Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Could Malefor be the 'classic' Spyro?
Page 1 of 1
Could Malefor be the 'classic' Spyro? [CLOSED]
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#1 Posted: 03:52:26 21/05/2012 | Topic Creator
I was reading theories concerning the classic series, TLoS and Skylanders on TVTropes and came across this interesting one.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmw.../SpyroTheDragon

Quote:
Malefor IS the original Spyro
Think about it, original Purple Dragon, gleefully taught by his masters, considered a hero, Prowlus even said Malefor and Spyro were very simular as children. Eventually, he went insane from constantly having to save the world (or possibly a villain performing a Break the Cutie on him) and turned evil, and was renamed Malefor in response to his corruption. If true, this would make his Not so Different speech very chilling indeed.
This also adds to the creepiness of one of the dragons freed in the first game; he mentions they "always knew", but vanishes before this can be explained.
This actually makes a lot of sense...and it also just ruined this troper's childhood.

Has anyone ever thought about that?
JetH7 Blue Sparx Gems: 827
#2 Posted: 04:44:32 21/05/2012
Haha, that's awesome, I never thought of that! I just have a few questions. Whats the chances that both purple dragons were named Spyro, both of their best friends name is Sparx and they both knew cheetahs named Hunter.

But yeah the idea's really cool. Do like smilie
---
I am the ghostly watermelon!!
wasprocks Green Sparx Gems: 281
#3 Posted: 08:11:13 21/05/2012
I think Malefor isn't the Original Spyro, Though I haven't played The Legend Of Spyro I think that TLOS Spyro is Classic Spyro's child and Sparx is the child of the Classic Sparx. But since Spyro had to save the world all the time he and Sparx left their childs to dragonflies.
---
Original Spyro!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/user/HardRockRock12345
My Skylanders: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#4 Posted: 16:42:41 21/05/2012
Oh... Yeah... That's really an original idea... Ha... Ha... No.

/thread
cmut Green Sparx Gems: 143
#5 Posted: 19:55:38 21/05/2012
Malefor's not competent enough to have ever been the original Spyro. Unless being evil just makes you that stupid... Also, we see his young self in-game and his world is very obviously that of Legend, not Insomniac. Then, too, the game leaves out one Spyro (the one from Hero's Tail/Shadow Legacy) by stating officially that there were only two purple dragons instead of three. Too many gaping plot holes for this to work.
StartheDragon77 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1860
#6 Posted: 13:04:22 24/05/2012
I don't think so. Just sounds too weird. I always considered each reboot an AU of Spyro.
---
From the day of my birth I was destinend to conquer darkness with a powerful gem. This is my destiny for I am Star the green dragoness.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#7 Posted: 14:11:48 24/05/2012
Could Malefor be the 'classic' Spyro? No.
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#8 Posted: 18:03:39 24/05/2012
Mmm... I'm not agree with this, I mean, Spyro Saves the world many times and everybody in their world appreciate that, it will extremely different if no one cares about what he is doing, but if that happends, I think he will probably go to take some vacations, just like he try to go to Dragon's Shore after defeating Gnasty Gnorc, but he was "Teleported" to Avalar to help Elora, Hunter and The Professor to take down Ripto, maybe in THAT moment Spyro was angry because he was going to Save another world without taking some Relax or vacation, but he did after all and you know the rest of the Story.

In other words, I don't think "Malefor" is the original Spyro, but is just my opinion smilie
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
lemmingluv Ripto Gems: 907
#9 Posted: 22:13:28 24/05/2012
That's actually really creepy! I think it's believable(other than the fact that both of their names are Spyro and etc.), but I don't want him to be Malefor! smilie
#10 Posted: 22:15:41 24/05/2012
That would actually be very sad if Malefor was classic Spyro in later years.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#11 Posted: 04:31:06 25/05/2012
that would be a GIANT TWIST D:
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Kirby_rules Ripto Gems: 504
#12 Posted: 19:24:31 25/05/2012
Dun dun dun duh!
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#13 Posted: 16:56:44 26/05/2012
Seems legit...
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#14 Posted: 19:45:33 26/05/2012
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Seems legit...

Really?
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#15 Posted: 22:20:14 27/05/2012
Cool idea but I don't think he is.

The technology in original Spyro's world is to advanced for LoS considering it is in the past. Also the environments, species and custom ways are to different.
cmut Green Sparx Gems: 143
#16 Posted: 22:59:43 28/05/2012
There was a joke someone made a long time ago that used the Legend theory of purple dragons destroying the world that set the chronology thus:

Insomniac Spyro was so upset by how bad Enter the Dragonfly was that he destroyed the world.

Hero's Tail Spyro was so drunk/apathetic that he destroyed the world after Shadow Legacy.

Apparently Legend Spyro didn't save the world the way he thought because it's gone now, replaced by Skylands.
Mariofanstar Blue Sparx Gems: 500
#17 Posted: 15:47:34 01/06/2012
Quote: dingodile555
I was reading theories concerning the classic series, TLoS and Skylanders on TVTropes and came across this interesting one.

Quote:
Think about it, original Purple Dragon, gleefully taught by his masters, considered a hero, Prowlus even said Malefor and Spyro were very simular as children. Eventually, he went insane from constantly having to save the world (or possibly a villain performing a Break the Cutie on him) and turned evil, and was renamed Malefor in response to his corruption. If true, this would make his Not so Different speech very chilling indeed.
This also adds to the creepiness of one of the dragons freed in the first game; he mentions they "always knew", but vanishes before this can be explained.
This actually makes a lot of sense...and it also just ruined this troper's childhood.

Nope... just no. smilie *shudders* Sounds like a bunch of baloney to me. smilie And by "baloney", I meant downright, cruddy nonsense.
---
I'm officially leaving at 9:00pm.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:50:20 01/06/2012 by Mariofanstar
#18 Posted: 15:56:11 01/06/2012
Quote: Mariofanstar

Quote:

Nope... just no. smilie *shudders* Sounds like a bunch of baloney to me. smilie And by "baloney", I meant downright, cruddy nonsense.

Yep, Malefor belongs in LoS, and classic Spyro belongs, well in classic Spyro. People go on about how they are seperate series, and then they do something like this, lol.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#19 Posted: 21:59:34 01/06/2012
[User Posted Image]

"Ahhhhh. 'FALSE'. I'll go 'false'."
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#20 Posted: 07:25:41 22/06/2012
PLOT TWIST
IAmSpyro123 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3353
#21 Posted: 23:45:38 24/06/2012
Lol, Spyro's 16th game, Spyro Goes Insane
SpyraArtisan Blue Sparx Gems: 609
#22 Posted: 01:19:40 25/06/2012
i still dont get why people hate a hero's tail

it's a perfectly good game IMO

Quote: bionicle2809
Oh... Yeah... That's really an original idea... Ha... Ha... No.

/thread

indeed

Quote: cmut
Malefor's not competent enough to have ever been the original Spyro. Unless being evil just makes you that stupid... Also, we see his young self in-game and his world is very obviously that of Legend, not Insomniac. Then, too, the game leaves out one Spyro (the one from Hero's Tail/Shadow Legacy) by stating officially that there were only two purple dragons instead of three. Too many gaping plot holes for this to work.

Oh my lord this.
#23 Posted: 12:08:07 25/06/2012
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Quote: Mariofanstar

Yep, Malefor belongs in LoS, and classic Spyro belongs, well in classic Spyro. People go on about how they are seperate series, and then they do something like this, lol.

Well... I still think it's a bunch of cruddy nonsense. I would swear but I don't think anyone is allowed to on this website.
---
#24 Posted: 10:54:47 26/06/2012
^ I usually swear whenever I'm angry, want to get my point across or just wanna rant. Nah, I didn't read the rules.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:55:49 26/06/2012 by Mariofanstar
MarieAlexandria Green Sparx Gems: 215
#25 Posted: 00:48:09 21/08/2012
Malefor isn't the classic Spyro. :/ I think that the creators of TLOS said that TLOS was the prequal to classic Spyro, but I dunno for sure, and I forgot where I read that. smilie stupid short-memory...
---
My Art: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Art-by-Black-Lightning/228282083906089
faunatic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#26 Posted: 07:04:03 21/08/2012
nope, legend was never a prequel to anything. what the creators said was that it was a total franchise reboot (which failed and the franchise was rebooted again as skylanders).
#27 Posted: 07:51:12 21/08/2012
When the Legend of Spyro first came out, I did think it was a prequel to Spyro the Dragon, and as I started to play through it, I realised it wasn't. Through the first game that is A New Beginning. I haven't played a LoS game in quite a while now, in fact, I haven't played any sort of game for a long time...well apart from Doom Builder, if you can count that, so I guess so.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 07:53:26 21/08/2012 by SuperSpyroFan
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5448
#28 Posted: 09:39:04 21/08/2012
another rumor I heard that it was a prequel at first, but they changed it in the last second smilie
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#29 Posted: 10:28:28 21/08/2012
Quote: crystalhero37
another rumor I heard that it was a prequel at first, but they changed it in the last second smilie

That was true. I purchased ANB thinking it was a prequel, but I grew very bored of it very fast. I was quite naive, it took me a long time to realise it was a reboot.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#30 Posted: 13:59:05 22/08/2012
There is a 0% chance of this happening.

(Props to anyone who gets that)
SpyroSC Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#31 Posted: 10:05:45 25/08/2012
TLsmilieR, but no, TLoS is in another universe altogether, therfore he can't be thee original. The only things the same between the games arebthe obvious things.
---
IT'S A DRAGON
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me