Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 37 of 44 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 42 43 44
Last movie you watched.
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#1801 Posted: 21:12:39 05/10/2018
Solo: A Star Wars Story

Damn that was good, and I kinda expected it to, I don't have the time to write out a full review for it, but it's one of the best star wars movies I've seen

8/10
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#1802 Posted: 01:17:35 08/10/2018
Black Panther for a second time (finally). Love it.
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#1803 Posted: 23:16:52 11/10/2018
Crazy Rich Asians- Up there with one of my favorites of 2018. It's just so well written, the characters are fun, the acting is charismatic, everything about it is just great.
---
Cool cool.
semp123 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3232
#1804 Posted: 20:29:35 14/10/2018
Saw Werner Herzog's Nosferatu about a week ago.
Might not do it for people who aren't a fan of slow pacing, but I really enjoyed the foreboding atmosphere it sets up.
Queen_Cynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1694
#1805 Posted: 05:09:28 15/10/2018
I just watched Re-Animator for the first time with my friend! It'd been on my to-watch list for forever but I hadn't ever gotten to it. It was awesome, I looooved it. Super super fun 80s horror.

I also have just watched the first two movies in the Hostel series, which I enjoyed a lot too. I'm surprised by how negative of a reputation they have, in terms of horror they actually were pretty tame compared to a lot of other series I can think of, and they were clearly meant to be fun and silly and entertaining. But then again, I have an obvious bias, I love horror and I seek out the more shocking bloody stuff since it's the most fun and entertaining for me, so I guess I'm not one to judge. Still, Eli Roth's work is always really fun and stupid (Cabin Fever, anyone?), so I went in worried based on the reviews that Hostel would be kinda tryhard edge and instead it was just a fun time for me lol. I watch horror for fun, not for fear, so my highest rated horror films tend to be the sillier "cheesier" stuff. :3
---
I know my username says Queen but I’m a guy I’m just gay : (
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#1806 Posted: 23:21:53 21/10/2018
Saw Pocahontas for the first time. It's fine for me, nothing too special but definitely enjoyable. The story felt a bit too plain and not as well explored as it could've been, but the characters are charming and the visuals are as wonderful as I expect from Disney. The musical numbers are very memorable but I wish the score made more use of the story it was trying to tell instead of going for the generic orchestra route.
---
Bruh
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#1807 Posted: 00:30:59 22/10/2018
Quote: Crash10
Saw Pocahontas for the first time. It's fine for me, nothing too special but definitely enjoyable. The story felt a bit too plain and not as well explored as it could've been, but the characters are charming and the visuals are as wonderful as I expect from Disney. The musical numbers are very memorable but I wish the score made more use of the story it was trying to tell instead of going for the generic orchestra route.

"IT ALL CAN BE SOLD!"
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
exefile Yellow Sparx Gems: 1783
#1808 Posted: 12:31:59 22/10/2018
Joshua and the promised land...
If you don't know what this movie is then spare yourself, this movie is one of the worst of all time.
Not much to say, other than it's worse than The Room and Foodfight combined.
It's one of those "so bad it's good" movies, if you're into that kind of thing.
It's free on Youtube so know that at least I didn't waste money on it.
---
eeeeeeeeeeeee
Buchi Ripto Gems: 445
#1809 Posted: 13:18:24 22/10/2018
Quote: exefile
Joshua and the promised land...
If you don't know what this movie is then spare yourself, this movie is one of the worst of all time.
Not much to say, other than it's worse than The Room and Foodfight combined.
It's one of those "so bad it's good" movies, if you're into that kind of thing.
It's free on Youtube so know that at least I didn't waste money on it.

Holy **** you're right, it looks terrible. I've got to tell Emerald about this one.
Beemo Gold Sparx Gems: 2828
#1810 Posted: 03:14:46 23/10/2018
I watched the newest Halloween movie Thursday, and I really loved it. I'm a huge Michael Myers and Halloween fan, and this movie was no exception to me. Yeah, I'm a fanboy. smilie

Michael Myers is actually probably my favorite horror icon ever. I just wish they would quit making so much movies, tbh. I hear Blumhouse is already thinking about making a sequel if this movie grosses a lot of money.

The acting was pretty good. I really liked Rhian Rees as the British female reporter, even if she wasn't in the movie for too long. Jamie Lee Curtis didn't disappoint as Laurie Strode, and James Jude Courtney was a really badass Shape. I find he portrayed a really brutal and scary Myers in this film. The kills were really wicked.

Of course, John Carpenter came back to produce the film, and create the soundtrack for it -- that's nice, too.

Also, now that I think about it, it's kind of weird Michael would wait 40 years to escape Smith's Grove. Why didn't he do it sooner? Oh well.

I also really wish Danielle Harris could have made another return as Laurie's daughter, Karen. Too bad.

Although this film completely disregards the second film and all of the sequels afterwards, being a direct sequel to the 1978 classic, the film also has a ton of references, nods, and easter eggs to the previous films, which I really liked.

There was also a few scenes of humor in the film. The scene, in particular, where Vicky is babysitting Julian, was pretty funny, but maybe the movie could have done without it. It kind of makes it feel more like a comedy horror more than a straight forward slasher. I also didn't like the
"twist" with the doctor near the end.
That was just weird.

All in all, I really enjoyed the film. I'd probably give it an 8 out of 10. Give it a watch if you enjoy the Halloween series.
---
I hate this name and I want to change it.
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#1811 Posted: 05:19:01 23/10/2018
Quote: Felines
Quote: FedUpWolf
Have you watched Happy Feet 2? Call me crazy, but I enjoyed it more than I did the first smilie

I've seen it, I liked the elephant seals in it.

Amd that climax man! The opera, Under Pressure, I'm telling you, I get some serious goosebumps with that ending. It's too bad not many people can see how superior the sequel is smilie

Yeah, Happy Feet Two is criminally underrated. Anyway, recently saw Rango (2011) again, another one of my favorite movies.
---
Hail to the King, baby!
#1812 Posted: 01:08:16 27/10/2018
The first two Halloweentown movies.
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#1813 Posted: 15:34:37 26/11/2018
I don't even remember. Too busy for that stuff right now smilie
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#1814 Posted: 00:18:07 13/12/2018
Aliens
IT (2017)
The Nightmare Before Christmas
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#1815 Posted: 09:18:48 14/12/2018
Just watched Detroit Rock City cuz some people I love were involved in it. It was fun!!! I love stupid comedies, especially about music!!!!!!!!!
---
#1816 Posted: 04:04:19 16/12/2018
Mortal Engines.
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#1817 Posted: 06:20:09 17/12/2018
Spider-Man: Into The Spiderverse

Go see it

9.5/10
#1818 Posted: 17:11:54 17/12/2018
Ugh want to see it.

I tried to watch Netflix's "White Fang", but I ended up getting to busy to finish it.
---
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#1819 Posted: 22:30:11 21/12/2018
Bumblebee- I cried twice. 10/10.
---
Cool cool.
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#1820 Posted: 23:40:10 21/12/2018
Quote: pankakesparx456
Bumblebee- I cried twice. 10/10.

Not a fan of those Transformer movies, but this one really got my attention. Maybe because Bumblebee is most certainly the best character of the franchise.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
#1821 Posted: 11:58:50 22/12/2018
Power Rangers (2017).
#1822 Posted: 08:11:15 23/12/2018
Y'all I just watched the horror movies The Collector and The Collection the night before last and while The Collection was a super super fun film that I just enjoyed a lot as a fun cool movie, The Collector scared me so freaking badly, and that's speaking as a horror fan. I love horror and I seek out the goriest stuff I can find BUT THE COLLECTOR SCARED ME SO BAD LIKE GENUINELY, the gore was super cool but the storyline and the way the Collector acted and stuff just freaked me out so bad (and I even really liked the Collector as a character), I literally can't remember a time I've been this on-edge at night over a horror film, and I'm someone who straight up looks at "most disturbing films of all time" lists to find new movies to watch LOL.

I'm not saying it'll have the same impact on everyone - it was super poorly received critically, actually - but man, something about it, it just played into some deep seated fears of mine I guess I didn't even realize I had, jfc. It doesn't help that I'm at my parents' house right now for the holidays, so I'm not even in the comfort and familiarity of my own home >___>
---
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#1823 Posted: 12:33:51 23/12/2018
I just watched Aquaman. DC movies can be fun and exciting! Dialogue is crazy cliche, but it's crazy how much love was put into making all the settings fun and a sense of adventure as they seek out the magic artifact. There's desert cliffs, there's capzied boat fights, there's crab people, there's huuuuuge kaiju. Might as well be a better Pirates of the Caribbean or Sinbad-y movie that doesn't try to shove itself in some continuity.

That said, wow could someone stop with the jumpscare explosions. I don't want to brace for one EVERY SCENE because they make it impossibly loud. Seriously took me out of the movie which is a shame because it's right before some of the cooler scenes.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#1824 Posted: 01:01:59 24/12/2018
V for Vendetta. It's a good movie. You should watch it.
#1825 Posted: 04:40:57 26/12/2018
Oh yeah I forgot to say I watched The Iron Giant for the first time a few weeks ago. Fantastic movie, Brad Bird's style flows through its entirety.
---
Bruh
#1826 Posted: 04:50:05 26/12/2018
Quote: Crash10
Oh yeah I forgot to say I watched The Iron Giant for the first time a few weeks ago. Fantastic movie, Brad Bird's style flows through its entirety.

Such an underrated classic. I love that movie smilie
---
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10125
#1827 Posted: 04:08:53 27/12/2018
Muppet Christmas Carol. The best Christmas movie there is!
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#1828 Posted: 05:35:26 27/12/2018
Ralph Breaks the Internet
It wasn't the greatest sequel, but it was definitely okay. It had a unique message and some genuinely funny bits, but felt sort of mediocre.
#1829 Posted: 01:06:27 29/12/2018
Kubo and the Two Strings.

GO WATCH IT. NOW. I WILL NOT TELL YOU ANY PLOT DETAILS. IT'S SHORT BUT GOOD.

spoiler review:

Holy **** this movie starts out funny and cheerful then just goes straight into murder and the matter of erasing identity. I can see why it did so badly unfortunately; you really need to sell this to adults but at the same time you can't push away kids that want to look at something pretty. Beautiful movie, wish it went a little longer because sometimes there are just hard cuts to different locations that make little sense. Voice acting is also incredible despite only having a few sorta big name actors, and don't even need to mention the soundtrack.
---
#1830 Posted: 02:53:38 31/12/2018
^Love that movie, really wish it did better, but ah well.

-

The Good Dinosaur.
#1831 Posted: 03:43:03 31/12/2018
My first "horror" movie.

IT (2017)

Felt like if Stand By Me had a scary clown in it and was set in the modern day. Makes sense since they're both based on a book written by Stephen King, though IT contains more of the horror the author is known for. I don't think it's an accurate adaption but there wasn't much chance for that considering the length of the book and how both timelines intertwined with eachother. The movie is also a bit more generic compared to the book.
It's still a pretty good movie even though it wasn't quite as scary as I was expecting. Then again, from my perspective there's a lot more to the story than a scary clown, which the movie does well. It's more about the kids grouping together and fighting IT and **** like that. Basically more about the kids than trying to be a horror movie imo. (Of course since this is my first horror movie I guess I can't say anything about the genre)

Also I'm disappointed that it's taken me this long to watch a horror movie.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#1832 Posted: 04:25:56 31/12/2018
Quote: FedUpWolf
Have you watched Happy Feet 2? Call me crazy, but I enjoyed it more than I did the first smilie

I've seen it, I liked the elephant seals in it.

Amd that climax man! The opera, Under Pressure, I'm telling you, I get some serious goosebumps with that ending. It's too bad not many people can see how superior the sequel is smilie

Happy Feet Two's climax is absolutely amazing. Blow my friggin mind when I saw it in theaters
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#1833 Posted: 05:00:21 31/12/2018
I'm so frustrated that I never got to watch Happy a Feet 2 in theaters. I saw the trailer and I didn't like it very much. Should've known better. More often than not, trailers that I don't like so much are from the movies I end up loving the most in the end. Same thing happened with the first How to Train Your Dragon and Coco.

Quote: Buchi
My first "horror" movie.

IT (2017)

Felt like if Stand By Me had a scary clown in it and was set in the modern day. Makes sense since they're both based on a book written by Stephen King, though IT contains more of the horror the author is known for. I don't think it's an accurate adaption but there wasn't much chance for that considering the length of the book and how both timelines intertwined with eachother. The movie is also a bit more generic compared to the book.
It's still a pretty good movie even though it wasn't quite as scary as I was expecting. Then again, from my perspective there's a lot more to the story than a scary clown, which the movie does well. It's more about the kids grouping together and fighting IT and **** like that. Basically more about the kids than trying to be a horror movie imo. (Of course since this is my first horror movie I guess I can't say anything about the genre)

That's one of the main reasons why it's so famous. It's not just a horror movie like so many others. It has a complex story with various characters. The kids have very different personalities, and it makes you feel like you're being part of their terrifying adventure. I love Stephen King so much because of that. Not only does he manages to make the story absolutely terrifying, it's also a story where you actually identify with the characters and whose objective is not only to be scary. Above all, he doesn't overly rely on blood and gore to scare you. I don't know much about horror books, but horror movies tend to rely too much on the gross element to be scary, and end up ruining the overall story many times. With Stephen King, you get a story that it is as awesome as it is terrifying, and it doesn't even need much blood, or sometimes none at all to accomplish that.
---
#1834 Posted: 08:08:52 31/12/2018
Black Mirror: Bandersnatch

I don't know if it's really classified as a movie or a game, but I found it really fun and intriguing! Up until now, all the Choose Your Own Adventure stuff Netflix had has been child-oriented, and this was decidedly not. The themes of the main character having free will or not and how you help guide him towards certain decisions really gave off an Undertale sort of vibe, that actually ended up working pretty well. Bandersnatch really ended up being one of my favorite Black Mirror "episodes" behind only USS Callister and San Junipero. Overall, I'd really love to see more content from Netflix like this, whether it's Black Mirror or not.
#1835 Posted: 12:32:49 31/12/2018
I watched the Astro Boy movie from 2009 on Netflix last night.
It was a hot mess, but better than feeling lonely.
---
#1836 Posted: 12:56:17 31/12/2018
I'm so frustrated that I never got to watch Happy a Feet 2 in theaters. I saw the trailer and I didn't like it very much. Should've known better. More often than not, trailers that I don't like so much are from the movies I end up loving the most in the end. Same thing happened with the first How to Train Your Dragon and Coco.

Quote: Buchi
My first "horror" movie.

IT (2017)

That's one of the main reasons why it's so famous. It's not just a horror movie like so many others. It has a complex story with various characters. The kids have very different personalities, and it makes you feel like you're being part of their terrifying adventure. I love Stephen King so much because of that. Not only does he manages to make the story absolutely terrifying, it's also a story where you actually identify with the characters and whose objective is not only to be scary. Above all, he doesn't overly rely on blood and gore to scare you. I don't know much about horror books, but horror movies tend to rely too much on the gross element to be scary, and end up ruining the overall story many times. With Stephen King, you get a story that it is as awesome as it is terrifying, and it doesn't even need much blood, or sometimes none at all to accomplish that.

Yeah, I first heard about King as a horror author but after a few books I stopped trying to read them with that perspective. There's so much more to him than a single genre. IT conveys this pretty well so in that respect I'd say it's a decent adaption at least... though they went a little too much in the way of horror compared to the book and iirc some plot elements were changed (SPOILERS)
Pretty sure Beverly never got caught by Pennywise in the book.
#1837 Posted: 13:20:45 31/12/2018
Quote: ThunderEgg

The movie is a hot mess but dunno, it had some heart on it. Past the VERY CONVOLUTED conflict with the father scientist guy, it actually picks up pretty nicely.
---
#1838 Posted: 13:25:45 31/12/2018
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: ThunderEgg

The movie is a hot mess but dunno, it had some heart on it. Past the VERY CONVOLUTED conflict with the father scientist guy, it actually picks up pretty nicely.

Scientist guy?? I think you mean NICOLAS CAGE, baby!!! [User Posted Image]

I just remember when I first watched it as a kiddo, I was really confused at the end where Astro has to beat up a random alien after rescuing the city. Makes for a cool shot to end the movie on, but even my tiny child brain was like: "what's going on? didn't he just save the day?"
---
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#1839 Posted: 14:34:33 31/12/2018
The Good Dinosaur
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10125
#1840 Posted: 23:58:23 01/01/2019
Moulin Rouge!

It is one of the best movies of all time. Musical arrangements and adaptions are amazing and casting is perfect to make audience believe in the story.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
#1841 Posted: 06:39:08 02/01/2019
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

Good god, that was one of the best films I have every seen. All the characters were handled exceptionally, the script was fantastic, and the art was... honestly breathtaking. Definitely one of my favorite movies, and anything else in 2019 will be hard to top.
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#1842 Posted: 20:18:18 02/01/2019
The Fly (with Jeff Goldbloom)

Man, I was expecting a 2 hour gorefest with a couple of decent scenes. I wasn't expecting it to be such a sad movie.

That ending though...

Honestly I felt like it was more like a tragedy than a horror.

Definitely recommend it.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#1843 Posted: 21:07:23 02/01/2019
Bird Box

I didn’t hate it... but I certainly don’t like it. Rather clumsy dialogue wise and the non-linear story telling was a detriment to the suspense of the film. Plus, the acting was a bit shoddy at points, which was surprising because there were a lot of great actors in it. It was just a big mess.

I had a fun time reacting to it with my mom and cousins, though
Beemo Gold Sparx Gems: 2828
#1844 Posted: 22:27:21 10/01/2019
Last night, I watched the 2014 supernatural horror film It Follows.

First off, I really love the retro "70s or 80s horror flick" feel that the film has. From the setting, the camera work, the music... it feels like a John Carpenter movie, or something of the sort. Granted, that's what director David Robert Mitchell was going for. He cited John Carpenter and the late George A. Romero as influences on the film.

The acting was good. I especially loved Maika Monroe in her role as protagonist, Jay.

The whole premise was pretty cool and original, too -- a shapeshifting entity that's passed on through a "curse" by sex. I've never heard of or seen a movie like this before. The fact that it walks at a super slow pace, but that it will stop at nothing to kill you (by rape, if I may add), and it will always follow you everywhere unless you pass it is just terrifying.

The "monster" itself is pretty creepy, too, taking on various forms such as a weird old lady in a hospital gown, an abnormally tall man with no eyes, and sometimes the creature will take on human forms that are just completely naked. The John Carpenter-esque score by Disasterpeace really adds to the horror, too.

I really enjoyed this film, overall. I'd probably give it a 9 or 8 out of 10.
---
I hate this name and I want to change it.
#1845 Posted: 15:11:19 11/01/2019
LEGO Ninjago Movie - As someone who LOVED The LEGO Movie and really really liked LEGO Batman... Ninjago was kind of disappointing. Whereas the other films were good parodies of Hollywood films and Batman, this one feels a lot more of the dumb, pandering nonsense that everyone expected the other films to be.

The humor is so hit or miss, for me. Some of the bits they do work, while there’s just this underlying TTG-esque comedy that really didn’t do much for me. There’s this bit where every time someone says “The Ultimate Weapon” it goes into this hyperkinetic montage of extreme stuff for no reason, and I’m just like... where’s the joke there?

Truth be told, the best part of the movie is the relationship between Lloyd and Lord Garmadon. Not only are those parts legitimately funny, they illicit one of the only legitimately touching parts of the movie. They’re great! Everything else... ehhhhhhhh? The other Ninjas are just there. They serve no purpose besides their one (or zero in some cases) comedic gimmick.

Out of all the films, this one feels the most like its brand was more important than the story. At least the LEGO character animation feels top notch in this.

5/10
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:11:37 11/01/2019 by TheToyNerd
#1846 Posted: 02:28:48 13/01/2019
I've seen Ralph Breaks the Internet, so I'm just gonna post my mini-review I wrote on Discord. Minor spoiler warning.

First of all, I think that I can say this movie is basically Emoji Movie done much much better. It pulls a lot of similar ideas but makes them actually enjoyable, but I'll get into more detail.

First, I really love how they represented the protagonists' friendship, it feels very sincere and well-crafted, with the conflicts and warm moments all feeling well thought-out, this was one of the movie's greatest strenghts.

Second, I like how they visually represent sites and stuff, but it does feel a lot like product placement. However, I feel like the producers crafted a story with that in mind, so it doesn't feel as invasive as it could have been. Speaking of the visuals, great stuff. Very colorful and it has some cool experimentation.

The Disney crossover scenes were really fun and I'm sad they didn't came very often, they were so great you could make a good chunk of the movie about it. Speaking of which, why did Felix have such a lack of screentime? What they set out with him was great sideplot material.

Also kuddos for how they deal with gender equality. I think most Disney movies get social justice well and I'm glad the trend is still going here. Also good music overall. The meme references are obviously gonna age like cheese though. The post-credits scene made me laugh but that joke ain't gonna make sense very soon. The mid-credits scene too to an extent. Also, I think some YouTubers were in the movie? They were just used for character models though, so it was not very invasive.

The new characters were all around very enjoyable, although they mostly didn't have much development at all. Also philosofic Sonic is great. That scene were Ralph looks at comments also led to nothing, a shame since that could make for some good plot.

Overall, much better than I expected, but still just a good movie. A lot of missing potencial in some elements and the references are gonna age horribly, but I left the theater satisfied.
---
Bruh
#1847 Posted: 02:38:36 13/01/2019
Christopher Robin. It was... too slow. Too boring smilie
---
#1848 Posted: 23:46:45 13/01/2019
Spiderman Into the Spiderverse.

[User Posted Image]

No one is overstating this movie. Watch it NOW. Nicolas Cage is in it. WATCH IT NOW.
---
#1849 Posted: 03:35:56 14/01/2019
Seriously? That Spider-Man movie is as good as everybody's saying? You guys are rubbing off on me. Makes me want to watch it so badly smilie
---
#1850 Posted: 10:46:23 14/01/2019
It's incredible. I think it's better to have some knowledge of how comic books work and many iterations of a character because they go through that concept at high speeds, but it's really the high point of animation this decade.
---
First | Previous | Page 37 of 44 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 42 43 44

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me