Page 1 of 1
Flying is going to be exactly like walking [CLOSED]
DragonFriend244 Blue Sparx Gems: 767
#1 Posted: 23:38:12 27/05/2008 | Topic Creator
Flying is going to be exactly like walking because there is a limit. You see the same things you would if you were walking it is easy to get lost as it would be on foot and I suppose that it is going to be even harder to navigate.

When I saw free flight I thought you could really take to the sky not the ground.

Then again there are different moves when you are up in the air it might be faster too.

What do you think?
Aang Green Sparx Gems: 370
#2 Posted: 07:36:46 28/05/2008
There's just a limit to how high you can go. Like in Gateway to Glimmer. And I think they want you to be able to see any items or places to go.
---
You kicked who in the what now?
Byrn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1250
#3 Posted: 20:17:29 28/05/2008
How high is the limit exactly? In some screens it looks pretty high.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
#4 Posted: 20:23:04 28/05/2008 | Topic Creator
Yes but in the forest screenshots the limit looks rather low.
Mewnaphy Gold Sparx Gems: 2750
#5 Posted: 21:15:56 28/05/2008
Of course there will be a limit to how high you can go.But,there should be a flying bar (like dragon time),because the game would be a lot easier if you just flew through the whole level.
---
"Hence nothing remains except for our regrets"
Spyrodude25 Blue Sparx Gems: 929
#6 Posted: 21:25:58 28/05/2008
I was also thinking it would be cool to fly over the hull level but them you could easily beat the game.
---
smilie and smilie don't like each other!
Aang Green Sparx Gems: 370
#7 Posted: 05:27:57 29/05/2008
To Mewnaphy: There's no flying bar. And I reckon that's a good thing.
---
You kicked who in the what now?
MorningStar Green Sparx Gems: 298
#8 Posted: 05:46:22 29/05/2008
I'm not sure if there's a limit, but I saw a video on Gametrailers.com that talked about this.

The reason the limit seems high sometimes, and low other times, is because there is a sort of pull between the two characters when you're playing as both Spyro and Cynder at once. It's so you two don't lose track of eachother. If you two are flying close then you can go pretty far, but if one is on the ground and the other is flying, you can't get very far that way.
---
I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!
Spyro Technics Yellow Sparx Gems: 1899
#9 Posted: 09:37:53 29/05/2008
Quote: DragonFriend244
Yes but in the forest screenshots the limit looks rather low.

That might not be the highest you can go in that part. They may just have decided to fly lower.
#10 Posted: 20:38:42 29/05/2008
Flying wont necessarily make the game easier. In some caves and such the width could be too short to allow the dragons to spread their wings, trees may be too dense etc. And you have all your flying enemies to contend with.

Hopefully we have a bit more of an interactive environment.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
#11 Posted: 20:43:46 29/05/2008 | Topic Creator
I think the enimies fly to. But I really do wish that the landscapings when you are flying would be little more like ANB instead of just seeing what you would see on the ground. Get what I am saying???
#12 Posted: 20:45:16 29/05/2008
Yeah, you would have to get closer to see the details, when you fly you just see the broader picture.
---
#13 Posted: 20:47:19 29/05/2008 | Topic Creator
But it saves work for them too. And the landscapings are looking rather nice so I suppose it isn't much of a difference. I say they can pull it off. smilie
alexis1213 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1595
#14 Posted: 20:47:46 29/05/2008
hmm I heard on many ocasions that u will have speacial attacks when flying
---
Waka Tao master! Okami FAQ
Aywas
#15 Posted: 15:16:32 30/05/2008
You'd about have to if you wanted to stay in the air.
---
Lover of Spyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1831
#16 Posted: 18:07:44 30/05/2008
i think that to keep up, u should have to keep pressing a button to keep your wings flapping...or hold down the X button
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
#17 Posted: 20:16:44 30/05/2008 | Topic Creator
I was thinking that you just press a button to switch from walking to flying a just continue the joystick to navigate. In ANB you just navigated like walking but they did change developers but just that change won't change everything.

And I think Alexis1213 was saying that you will have special moves like maylee moves in the air or like twisting and turning and doing backflips. Moves like the barrel rolls but more.
MorningStar Green Sparx Gems: 298
#18 Posted: 01:21:51 31/05/2008
Quote: DragonFriend244
I was thinking that you just press a button to switch from walking to flying a just continue the joystick to navigate. In ANB you just navigated like walking but they did change developers but just that change won't change everything.

And I think Alexis1213 was saying that you will have special moves like maylee moves in the air or like twisting and turning and doing backflips. Moves like the barrel rolls but more.

DO A BARREL ROLL!
TO BARREL ROLL, PRESS Z OR R TWICE!

... sorry, I had to. :C It's post-YTMND trauma.
But yeah, I don't see a reason why they should make taking off and landing any different- my ideal free flight would be jump, then press the jump button and just keeeep gooiiinng. Until you point the stick down and collide with the ground. Maybe to make it less easy, if you descended at too steep an angle you'd crash and take a second or two to get back up.
Also, aerial tricks would be pretty neat. I'd like that. And maybe if you collided with something flying you'd have some special melee moves for it- like Lair, but a lot less fail.
---
I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me