Page 1 of 1
How lucrative will SG be? [CLOSED]
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8318
#1 Posted: 21:47:53 06/05/2012 | Topic Creator
Do you think it will be more, less or about the same as Ssa and why? I think it will make less profits than Ssa because a lot of people will think it isn't a whole new game and won't buy it or they will not buy all of the figures this time around.
Wiseman Green Sparx Gems: 333
#2 Posted: 22:04:05 06/05/2012
I think a lot of ppl are fed up with Activision already. All the hunting took a lot of time and money... and if it's going to be the same with Giants, you can already count me out.
---
** Avatar Creator - nitendofan92 **
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#3 Posted: 03:05:29 07/05/2012
Wiseman is right. If they make hunting so much of a pain, like they did with the first game, many customers will flip them the bird, laugh, and spend their time and money on something else.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
imanirox890 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#4 Posted: 12:35:21 07/05/2012
It's not really Activision's fault. Besides, you don't have to buy the other toys
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#5 Posted: 12:41:02 07/05/2012
I will play this game but I will not get the re-models its just a waste of money
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#6 Posted: 16:01:40 07/05/2012
it will fall flat on its ass, when people see the 50 dollar prize tag for each giants...
Kirby_rules Ripto Gems: 504
#7 Posted: 23:56:28 07/05/2012
I'll get it. They will not make a third for sure. They could have kept making more DLC levels..
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#8 Posted: 02:32:43 08/05/2012
S:G will be just as lucrative if not more than S:SA. The reason? Because Activision have not learned a damn thing. They will continue releasing things in a hazy way until the money dries up.
Kurui Ripto Gems: 191
#9 Posted: 02:46:54 08/05/2012
Totally buying it (along with the Skylanders that I like). Hope they make a Skylanders 3, 4, 5 ,6, 100 as long as Glumshanks and Soak return. Better than that stupid Fail ("final" that's never final) Fantasy crap that's been going on for waaaaay too long (and never improving even an inch over those years yet somehow they just keep on coming). smilie
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#10 Posted: 02:48:04 08/05/2012
I couldn't really care less about Activision. It seems apparent to me that the developers (Toys for Bob) are making a decent game and at least seem to enjoy creating Skylanders (we've all seen developers get pissed at Activision before... i.e. Infinity Ward) so that combination makes me perfectly content. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#11 Posted: 14:04:56 20/05/2012
Quote: imanirox890
It's not really Activision's fault. Besides, you don't have to buy the other toys

Actually, it is. They didn't produce enough Skylanders which made the hunt unbearable.
Dinorangfan01 Red Sparx Gems: 25
#12 Posted: 16:40:39 21/06/2012
I would buy it but it will cost more money although i could just get the starter pack then the giants then i can complete it yay!
---
George
fanjo Gold Sparx Gems: 2382
#13 Posted: 19:15:38 21/06/2012
I would be very selective about what I buy. I'll get my son enough to finish it. I think that's about it. Unless useless variants are out at retail prices and easy to get.

Got fed up with Activision as many others. Yes it is their fault. They have their plan of action and how they implemented releases. Never listened to customers. I don't think that will change as most of their plans are over a year old. I'm sure retailers will see it as a cash cow and order too many figures. I'll wait for the figures in the sale.

Note: they dropped spyro from the title "Skylanders Giants". That alone tells you it's not a spyro game.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:16:22 21/06/2012 by fanjo
JuLeDoS Blue Sparx Gems: 653
#14 Posted: 19:20:36 21/06/2012
I'll probably skip out on Giants. So there's that.
---
Are you my mummy?
HexDisciple Green Sparx Gems: 249
#15 Posted: 19:55:46 21/06/2012
If they do produce more units of each(and by more I mean about enough to sustain the global hunt more than the first batches), ooh they are so gonna get more.But for that they'll have to produce more toys.I will buy Giants because honestly, these are precisely the kinds of games I find myself unable to stop playing.I must say these were superbly innovative games.Though it would be pleasant if companies that take our opinion more into account started appearing.But I digress.It might or might not be so, depends solely on how Activision will stock the stores...I know it's gonna be a pain here in Western Europe, especially when by now I have 13 and get 1/week.
---
Gotcha!
IAmSpyro123 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3353
#16 Posted: 03:18:02 22/06/2012
Quote: spyro and sonic
Do you think it will be more, less or about the same as Ssa and why? I think it will make less profits than Ssa because a lot of people will think it isn't a whole new game and won't buy it or they will not buy all of the figures this time around.

I don't think it'll be the same, because SSA was focused on Spyro, and his adventure with his skylander buddies to destroy chaos. In Giants, Spyro is rarely recognized
kiz3000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1734
#17 Posted: 11:16:55 22/06/2012
Skylanders Giants will be even more lucrative than Skylanders Spyro's Adventure thanks to all of the new Skylanders merchandise hitting stores in August/September. This will increase awareness of the brand and will increase sales of the games themselves. Basic business.
hannerz Gold Sparx Gems: 2281
#18 Posted: 13:09:59 22/06/2012
Quote: fanjo
I would be very selective about what I buy. I'll get my son enough to finish it. I think that's about it. Unless useless variants are out at retail prices and easy to get.

Got fed up with Activision as many others. Yes it is their fault. They have their plan of action and how they implemented releases. Never listened to customers. I don't think that will change as most of their plans are over a year old. I'm sure retailers will see it as a cash cow and order too many figures. I'll wait for the figures in the sale.

Note: they dropped spyro from the title "Skylanders Giants". That alone tells you it's not a spyro game.

I agree this time around I think I'm only going to go for the new characters and giants, and maybe some of the remodels of the characters I thoroughly enjoyed in the first one. And I think this time around many people are going to be feeling the same way, because if it's anything like the first one where there was constantly clear shelves then people will start to turn their back on hunting for new skylanders.

For the first one though I ended up getting all of the skylanders at retail price (besides my blue bash paid 15 for him) but it took a load of patience and if the retailers do order too many figures then hey more for all of us right? smilie As long as they are at retail price or cheaper, and are easier to find this time around I think it will make all the people that got frustrated the first time come back to playing Giants.
---
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8318
#19 Posted: 14:08:15 22/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: IAmSpyro123

I don't think it'll be the same, because SSA was focused on Spyro, and his adventure with his skylander buddies to destroy chaos. In Giants, Spyro is rarely recognized

SSA was not focused around Spyro at all. The story wasn't centered around Spyro, rather he was one of 32 interchangeable characters of equal importance. If I recall correctly Spyro's name was only mentioned once in the whole game and every other time they just called your character 'skylander'.

Anyway, my view that it will sell less relative to SSA still stands.
IAmSpyro123 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3353
#20 Posted: 17:46:41 22/06/2012

SSA was not focused around Spyro at all. The story wasn't centered around Spyro, rather he was one of 32 interchangeable characters of equal importance. If I recall correctly Spyro's name was only mentioned once in the whole game and every other time they just called your character 'skylander'.

The loading screens were spyro's face. But then again, I kind of agree with you. You could've beaten the whole game without using Spyro once.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#21 Posted: 17:51:48 22/06/2012

Yeah, Spyro, Gill Grunt, and Trigger Happy were the only Skylanders who had their names mentioned by Hugo at the beginning of the game.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#22 Posted: 18:15:45 22/06/2012
Quote: Aura24

Yeah, Spyro, Gill Grunt, and Trigger Happy were the only Skylanders who had their names mentioned by Hugo at the beginning of the game.

they where to lazy to include the name of the rest, lets hope they do it proper with giant.
jackidaniels Green Sparx Gems: 221
#23 Posted: 16:53:18 24/06/2012
I do hope that there are some talking scenes in this game, that would be thoroughly enjoyable.

Getting back on topic however, I believe this game will be wildly lucrative, even if it loses many loyal followers from the first game because of all the reposes and extra figures being released. Personally, I'm pretty excited about all the new figures to choose from to add to my collection but I know a lot of this community are annoyed with the extra money that will need to be spent to complete a collection.
---
20 year old powerlifting, video game playing female. FTW
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#24 Posted: 18:06:02 24/06/2012
I expect plenty of people will buy the giants and new Skylanders, maybe some wi buy all the lighcores and I'm sure some will buy remodels of the ones they don't have, but I doubt as many people are going to buy ALL the remodels when they already have all the originals.

Quote: kappapopm
it will fall flat on its ass, when people see the 50 dollar prize tag for each giants...

WHOA there! The Giants are only 15 dollars each, not 50! The BOOSTER pack is 50 dollars, the giants are much cheaper.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:10:09 24/06/2012 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
Cheeseman Green Sparx Gems: 462
#25 Posted: 19:14:44 24/06/2012
The stock really hasn't been too bad here in the UK, but from what I hear it is just terrible in America(I mean after two months and not everyone has Wham-Shell?). So yeah if they don't get their but in gear and start producing these figs they are going to fail massively.

Also, if they make the new ones rarer I think I speak for everyone here when I say that I will never buy another one of their games. If there is another drought as well I won't be buying their games. I mean what is the point of selling less of your product on purpose? And if they include one to two new ones in a box...
---
Skylanders: All of them. Boom!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me