Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Frito Lay PRIZE has arrived.../ Next promo (Sidekicks) info in HERE
First | Previous | Page 7 of 35 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 33 34 35
Frito Lay PRIZE has arrived.../ Next promo (Sidekicks) info in HERE [CLOSED]
Zook Yellow Sparx Gems: 1905
#301 Posted: 18:08:06 16/05/2012
Yeah, how do you know they had that many winners? They should cut people off after they sell out. I sense legal action in the future for them.
Jack Sinatra Green Sparx Gems: 315
#302 Posted: 18:48:14 16/05/2012
Figured Frito Lays would figure out someway to screw everyone lol
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#303 Posted: 18:51:15 16/05/2012
Stop resigning yourselves to total defeat and wait five seconds. The contest just ended. Of course nobody has their figures yet. Anyone who is reporting a delivery either used the web code, or is getting theirs early.
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#304 Posted: 18:57:57 16/05/2012
If you win and get one then good for you. If you don't get anything than don't blame frito lay because this was a contest and not a 100 percent you won something contest.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
#305 Posted: 19:00:28 16/05/2012
Weird double post sry
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:06:24 16/05/2012 by Jack Sinatra
#306 Posted: 19:12:03 16/05/2012
If you're Frito Lay, you don't throw around the phrase "You have won a free Skylanders figure" just for kicks. If you want to believe you aren't getting figures because you... want to believe you aren't getting figures, don't let circular reasoning alone be your cue to stop.
#307 Posted: 19:12:24 16/05/2012
Quote: trixster68
If you win and get one then good for you. If you don't get anything than don't blame frito lay because this was a contest and not a 100 percent you won something contest.

It did however 100% tell me that I did win. So telling ppl that they didn't win after the fact I'd where the problem lays. Common sense tells you that if you're told you won, you won. Not that you won a chance to win...

We'll see in a couple weeks how this all plays out. Yea it is only a toy, but tell that to my eight year old who's waiting for his toy...
---
Rich246 Green Sparx Gems: 243
#308 Posted: 19:18:49 16/05/2012
I called Frito Lay today and they said up to 10 weeks, from the day you called, so that could be any day for some, or within a month for others.
---
I own:
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#309 Posted: 19:27:29 16/05/2012
I got that number from someone that said they contacted Frito Lays about it. That was what the email stated. That they had over 106K entries and only 7K can win. So....math tells us that the odds are not in our favor. The game rules did state it fairly clearly that we had a lucks chance of winning. So it looks like it paid off that I actually purchased chip packs. Sucks a lot of people are gonna be disappointed sitting and waiting.
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#310 Posted: 19:30:47 16/05/2012
Quote: Tashiji
If you're Frito Lay, you don't throw around the phrase "You have won a free Skylanders figure" just for kicks. If you want to believe you aren't getting figures because you... want to believe you aren't getting figures, don't let circular reasoning alone be your cue to stop.

Yeah, but Tash, Xero isn't the only one reporting this.

This was taken from the Skylanders Trading Forum, from someone who got an email from Frito Lay.

"well bad news according to frito lay the email i received the stumpy number had over 108,632 wins based on 7334 of them being made thats a 1-12 chance of winning all wins were "entries as stated in the official rules.
Randomly selected times, during the Game Period, will be chosen by the independent judging organization (the "Judges"), and the first participant who completes a Play in accordance with these Official Rules (whose Play is properly received and recorded by administrator's computer(s) on or immediately after a randomly selected time during the Game Period) will win a prize (subject to verification). All Plays must be properly received and recorded by Sponsor's computer within the Game Period in order to be eligible to win a prize. It is solely the responsibility of the entrant to notify Sponsor in writing if the entrant changes his or her email address or phone number during the Game Period. so if your win was the first in that time period you won a flocked stump smash if not you were just entered to be elgible. wtf."

So, there you go. I think those of us who only played the 800 number (because we never saw the bags in stores) have a right to be paranoid.

Xero isn't the only one reporting this info, unless he brings that info from this post. That's aparently how they are doing it. Phone calls allow you a CHANCE to win, despite saying you won.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#311 Posted: 19:32:59 16/05/2012
There's still a shot in the dark if you called frequently enough. I mean I think I won 7 times on the phone. So there is 7 shots at one. I don't expect to win. I'm happy with my 1. Will have a happy nephew for sure! smilie
---
#312 Posted: 19:39:33 16/05/2012
I called only twice. I only did that, because on the first call, when it said enter your address, I said the full thing including the city and state, only for it to ask me for my city/state/zip afterward.

So, I felt I messed up and had my fiancee do it, so that if I messed up, she did it right and I would at least get 1.

Now it looks like I won't be getting anything. Especially, if 108k people called, but they only have 7k (minus some of that for card winners).
---
#313 Posted: 19:53:22 16/05/2012
Still just sounds like a bad case of "my cousin's friend says" until someone, first-hand, actually sees something official here. Even in the off chance this does turn out to be accurate information and not paranoid conjecture, let's be honest here. The cost of printing 12x the initial order of figures to satisfy customers who were burned by their mistake is far exceeded by the cost of all of those people never buying their product again after being lied to about winning a cheap hunk of plastic. If they don't have them, they'll make them; it would cost them far more not to.

Nevertheless, there's still no need to worry. You don't tell 108,000 people they've won a free Skylanders figure, only deliver 7,000 of those figures, and then just get away with it while the remaining 101,000 consumers turn around and go right back to buying your product. The market really doesn't work that way. Pointing enraged customers to an obscure line of text in the rules and saying "Whoops, I know our phoneline said you won, but... my bad" doesn't make the problem evaporate. They don't want the bad press, they don't want this ending up on the news, and they probably already understand that it's cheaper to print more figures than it is to create more customers, so they'll do the right thing. Not for us, but for their own sake.

And that's if the 108k winner statistic is accurate, which I personally wouldn't put any stock in until we see it ourselves. "My friend says" was never good enough for the people here when those friends were saying they had Camo in February, so why are we collectively so gung-ho to abandon all hope now? Doesn't make sense.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:55:52 16/05/2012 by Tashiji
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#314 Posted: 19:54:15 16/05/2012
Quote: Jack Sinatra
Yea it is only a toy, but tell that to my eight year old who's waiting for his toy...

You coward! Fine! I'll tell your 8 year old, bring him now to the computer screen!
Greetings Portal Master,

It's me...Eon, I have some good news and some bad news. Bad news first, I guess... so it turns out, the Skylander that you won from the Frito Lay contest, Flocked Stump Smash, escaped from the factory and is on his way to go fight Kaos by himself. We told him it would be a bad idea, but he said the fate of the Earth and all of Skylands was in his fuzzy little stumps. We couldn't come up with a better argument than that, so we let him flocking go on his way. Skylanders are indeed real and obviously heroes too!

Now here's the good news, your dear old dad is working very closely with me and Santa, yea, I know, some school kids said he doesn't exist, but here's a secret...he does. ...and through your dad who is acting "Little Helper and Honorary Skywhatsmydingus," Santa has authorized him to buy you whatever it is you want Skylander wise, for the rest of this year. That's right, any and all Skylanders you want, regular or Giant...for whatever reason! Isn't that great!?

Well...here's where you come in. Communications between Santa and parents are easily forgotten due to their adultness. ...it makes them forget things for some reason. So, it's up to you to make sure to remind your dear old dad of his commitment every time you can...be sure to remind him whenever you are in the car about Skylanders...the more often the better! If you find him asleep grab some pots and pans and bang them together to make loud noises where he is whenever you come home without a new Skylander you want. If you let him forget about his commitment, you're also killing me...and Santa...because we survive on the faith of you and your parents...

Anyways, someday...hopefully soon Portal Master, your Flocked Stump Smash will hopefully not get his flocking stumps kicked and defeat Kaos and make it back to you, but until then...rest assured that he'll be fighting with all his fuzzy might...for your sake.

Skycerely,
Eon

P.S.: Do not contact me...Mrs. Eon and I have been getting too much fan mail from this GameMaster fellow who claims to be Skyland's biggest fan...more like...Skyland's biggest stalker...we fear for our safety. Anyways, we've went into witness protection and we're in hiding...
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
#315 Posted: 19:55:44 16/05/2012
^..... Dork... smilie

Tash. That statement above came from a Frito Lay email.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:56:17 16/05/2012 by GameMaster78
Toleroh Yellow Sparx Gems: 1858
#316 Posted: 19:57:27 16/05/2012
Highest price I've seen one go for on ebay so far: $119. How high will it go with this news?

My 2c on the contest overselling thing... I would not be disappointed at all if my two "wins" were not actually wins. I was shocked, amazed, and kinda confused that I could get something so cool so easily anyway. Didn't even seem right.

I got my first ebay one in the mail today...
---
BATTLECAST: StumpSmashRules#405
PortalMaster Happy Libertyelf (RIP). Favor-eight: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:09:30 16/05/2012 by Toleroh
#317 Posted: 20:10:45 16/05/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
^..... Dork... smilie

Tash. That statement above came from a Frito Lay email.

A Frito Lay e-mail that who received, though? If it's nobody I know, or you know, they are far more likely to not even be a real person. This is the internet after all.
#318 Posted: 20:23:39 16/05/2012
Someone is trying to get a copy of the email.

Even still, the rules do state that callers play for a chance to win (a play). Check the official rules.

http://profile.skylanders.com/...ervalu/hasended

Judges will select who wins via the 800 number.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:26:05 16/05/2012 by GameMaster78
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#319 Posted: 20:25:49 16/05/2012
All of this craziness.

Again, the contest began early April. Specifically, the original bag states to enter the code starting on April 2nd, and it also says as such in the official rules:

2. GAME PERIOD:

Game begins at 12:00:00 p.m. (noon) Central Time ("CT") on April 2, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 a.m. CT on May 5, 2012 ("Game Period"). The computer of Sponsor's Web master is the official time-keeping device of the Game.

Now, they said they'd ship them out 6-8 weeks after winning, although it seems rather they're sending them out as fast as possible. The reason I bolded that end date is that there's a possibility of them sending them out 6-8 weeks after that. Which puts you late June, early July! However, right now, everyone who is getting their stuff in the majority are people who played with a code, and entered their information online. That's incredibly simple to copy paste onto a shipping label. (And they probably have some sort of automated system to read them, check and print). Everyone who hasn't got them yet seems to mostly be people entering via calling in. They have to have someone sit there and write down the info, check it, etc. That's probably a pain in the butt, and low priority compared to those who have the information already there.

So, I wouldn't rule out ANYONE not winning. Not for a while anyways. Just be patient.

Someone is trying to get a copy of the email.

Even still, the rules do state that callers play for a chance to win (a play). Check the official rules.

http://profile.skylanders.com/...ervalu/hasended

Judges will select who wins via the 800 number.

I think we were talking about that in the other thread. Seemed to not really be that big of a deal, because on the phone line it stated that "You won!", I don't see them going back on that.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:33:22 16/05/2012 by spyroflame0487
Seewolfe78 Green Sparx Gems: 331
#320 Posted: 20:36:03 16/05/2012
In point of fact, the phone line said that you won a skylanders figure, not a chance to win a Skylanders figure. Not saying all this is valid or invalid, just pointing that out.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
GSOsmilie
#321 Posted: 20:40:03 16/05/2012
Well, according to someone on the Skylanders Trading Forum, Taco Bell had a number that people could call to win a PS Vita. It kept tellin people they won, but they never did.

Then, Taco Bell came up with some excuse as to why they didn't honor their end.

I imagine Frito-Lay will say something like, "Oh, well, it had a bigger turnout than originally anticipated."
---
RidgeRat517 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1362
#322 Posted: 20:40:32 16/05/2012
I received two Flocked Stump Smash's today in the mail. Both were won using the codes from the purchase of the chips. I played one code on April 15th and my son played the other code on April 16th. We got both of them today. Also, my friend played with a code a day or two before me and she received her Flocked Stump Smash in the mail yesterday. Now I am just waiting to see if the randoms that I "won" via phone and one more Flocked Stump Smash "won" via phone come.

EDIT: My nephew just called me and he advised that he got his Flocked Stump Smash that he won using the code.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:49:58 16/05/2012 by RidgeRat517
#323 Posted: 20:42:15 16/05/2012
The Taco Bell thing is obviously different, as a Vita is about 30x as expensive as a Skylanders figure, and undoubtedly far more than that in terms of production costs. Taco Bell had a reason to weasel out of it; they stood to lose millions. Skylanders figures are cheap and getting cheaper, we really can't compare the two offers. More precedent has been set for companies honoring their sweepstakes, by far.
#324 Posted: 20:46:55 16/05/2012
Above and beyond all that the reason Taco Bell weaseled out of it was that they got hacked! We didn't "hack" anything we just called in and won.

Edit: ...And besides, we can all argue about this until we as blue in the face as blue Bash, but until the prize arrival window is closed there's no way we can be 100% sure. I suppose even then there is a small margin of error window where prizes may still show up. So really, until the ninth week after the contest ended we are pi$$ing into the wind bickering back and forth over what to expect, or not expect as the case may be.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
GSOsmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:51:27 16/05/2012 by Seewolfe78
#325 Posted: 20:52:01 16/05/2012
Quote: sykotek
Yea it is only a toy, but tell that to my eight year old who's waiting for his toy...

You coward! Fine! I'll tell your 8 year old, bring him now to the computer screen!
Greetings Portal Master,

It's me...Eon, I have some good news and some bad news. Bad news first, I guess... so it turns out, the Skylander that you won from the Frito Lay contest, Flocked Stump Smash, escaped from the factory and is on his way to go fight Kaos by himself. We told him it would be a bad idea, but he said the fate of the Earth and all of Skylands was in his fuzzy little stumps. We couldn't come up with a better argument than that, so we let him flocking go on his way. Skylanders are indeed real and obviously heroes too!

Now here's the good news, your dear old dad is working very closely with me and Santa, yea, I know, some school kids said he doesn't exist, but here's a secret...he does. ...and through your dad who is acting "Little Helper and Honorary Skywhatsmydingus," Santa has authorized him to buy you whatever it is you want Skylander wise, for the rest of this year. That's right, any and all Skylanders you want, regular or Giant...for whatever reason! Isn't that great!?

Well...here's where you come in. Communications between Santa and parents are easily forgotten due to their adultness. ...it makes them forget things for some reason. So, it's up to you to make sure to remind your dear old dad of his commitment every time you can...be sure to remind him whenever you are in the car about Skylanders...the more often the better! If you find him asleep grab some pots and pans and bang them together to make loud noises where he is whenever you come home without a new Skylander you want. If you let him forget about his commitment, you're also killing me...and Santa...because we survive on the faith of you and your parents...

Anyways, someday...hopefully soon Portal Master, your Flocked Stump Smash will hopefully not get his flocking stumps kicked and defeat Kaos and make it back to you, but until then...rest assured that he'll be fighting with all his fuzzy might...for your sake.

Skycerely,
Eon

P.S.: Do not contact me...Mrs. Eon and I have been getting too much fan mail from this GameMaster fellow who claims to be Skyland's biggest fan...more like...Skyland's biggest stalker...we fear for our safety. Anyways, we've went into witness protection and we're in hiding...

Lol'ed so much
---
#326 Posted: 21:06:31 16/05/2012
Quote: Tashiji
The Taco Bell thing is obviously different, as a Vita is about 30x as expensive as a Skylanders figure, and undoubtedly far more than that in terms of production costs. Taco Bell had a reason to weasel out of it; they stood to lose millions. Skylanders figures are cheap and getting cheaper, we really can't compare the two offers. More precedent has been set for companies honoring their sweepstakes, by far.

Doesn't Taco Bell own Frito Lays or vica versa?
---
NinjaHarley Yellow Sparx Gems: 1346
#327 Posted: 21:08:38 16/05/2012
Well, according to someone on the Skylanders Trading Forum, Taco Bell had a number that people could call to win a PS Vita. It kept tellin people they won, but they never did.

Then, Taco Bell came up with some excuse as to why they didn't honor their end.

I imagine Frito-Lay will say something like, "Oh, well, it had a bigger turnout than originally anticipated."

The Taco Bell thing was also ruined by hackers who were using codes before the customer bought them, So because they couldn't tell who the real winners were, they went that route
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#328 Posted: 21:14:19 16/05/2012
so people are so desperate that they hack to get skylanders now... lol...
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#329 Posted: 21:21:40 16/05/2012
Quote: kappapopm
so people are so desperate that they hack to get skylanders now... lol...

We..uh...didn't hack anything. No one tried to get codes or anything like that whatsoever.........
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Postalgoddess Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#330 Posted: 22:44:30 16/05/2012 | Topic Creator
OMG!! You guys are all feeding off one another. Go click the link in GM's post (http://profile.skylanders.com/...ervalu/hasended). It brings you to one of the online play screens. Click the "game rules" link at the bottom of that page. There, you will find this text within the rules....

"TOLL-FREE CALL:
TOLL-FREE CALL: To play without making a purchase, call toll-free 1-800-646-2904, during the Game Period, and follow the automated instructions to play for a chance to win a prize (also a "Play"). Callers will be required to provide their phone number, including their area code, and date of birth (as two digits for month, two digits for day, and four digits for year) to verify eligibility. If you are an instant winner, you will hear a voice message indicating that you have won (subject to verification). If you are a winner, the message will also provide next steps explaining how to claim your prize."

The "next steps" are when we recorded our info. Relax. All we can do is wait.....I won with an online code apr 5 and apr 6, I still haven't gotten mine. People that entered after me, got theirs. I also have two other online codes that I played the same day as DrillSarge, and same day as my friend...both got theirs on Monday. There is no rhyme or reason as to why, who, when...or even WHAT, they are shipping out. Most people don't even have proof of their win. Seriously, what recourse is there if we don't get them from calling in??? NONE. Let's not waste time worrying...at this point. After all, there is really nothing we can do about it anyway.
---
37 of 37, AND...blue smilie, flocked smilie, WER smilie
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 23:41:37 16/05/2012 by Postalgoddess
nadstein Blue Sparx Gems: 750
#331 Posted: 22:55:21 16/05/2012
Exactly, the "play" is when we pressed 1 (when he announced "are you ready to play?")-thus it being our chance to win. Sometimes we did, alot of the time we did not. Im not too worried about if it will come or not.
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#332 Posted: 22:57:03 16/05/2012
I am not buying the 108,000 winners number. No one hacked the number or sites, and even if this was done Frito Lay had weeks to correct the issue. It would make sense a company the scope and scale of Frito Lay would be able to regulate the number of wins to match the number of prizes. I still say that for the amount of wins given at the last minute there were actually less than the 7300 winners not twelve times that number. I think the 108,000 thing came and was fueled by fans that just want them now. We were supposed to wait 6-8 weeks for delivery. In some cases it has been less than 2 weeks. Calm down.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:18:26 16/05/2012 by ItsJustMe
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#333 Posted: 23:05:28 16/05/2012
I checked my mail today...nothing, then 30 minutes later, still nothing, then an hour after, nothing and yet another hour after that motherflocking nothing! Then...bills and nooOOOooo FSS! ...and now, boom, again nothing in my mailbox! Oh dear, oh the humanity!! Who-what-where-when-why-how grr... ...my patience is running out, when will it come... *rocks back and forth* c'mon sykotek, you can do this! ...I'm resisting the urge to blame some people here for my lack of desired mail after I've already received stupid mail for the day, grr...
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#334 Posted: 23:55:25 16/05/2012
Wait, so I Might not get a Flocked Stump? Is that just for call ins cuz I won with the card, not a phone win.
#335 Posted: 00:12:05 17/05/2012
Rand... I think it's a bit of speculation in some ways and truth in others. I believe they received over 100K calls that were winners. The people who had an online code and won, do actually receive a Stump Smash (So far everyone that has received on in the mail had an online code that won..at least 5 others have confirmed that they had codes) They can't give away 100k flocked stumpies. Therefore they are likely going to take the names of all entrants that won and do a drawing for each day's names and equally distribute what was remaining from the unused online codes. Lets say 3000 codes were actually entered into their systems that won. (my belief is all the codes won in bags of chips) That leaves about 4K stumpies to go for the 100K people. You technically could still win one. But do you expect them to give one for each call that you won on? I think that's wishful thinking. So just gotta sit and wait it out. They clearly sent the online code winners stumpies out first. The rest will get sent out after they pack and prep them. That's my speculation on this. And I have a feeling I'll be right too. Just sayin.

So I apologize if 100K people get stiffed or 10K as most of us multi entered. Contests always get screwed up...because it's a free item...what are you gonna do? File a class action lawsuit? For a free to enter contest? Pshh...they'll just scoff at you.

sorry
---
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#336 Posted: 00:15:05 17/05/2012
Thanks for clarifying. I thinks its sad that people who called might not get any.
#337 Posted: 00:18:33 17/05/2012
TOLL-FREE CALL:
TOLL-FREE CALL: To play without making a purchase, call toll-free 1-800-646-2904, during the Game Period, and follow the automated instructions to play for a chance to win a prize (also a "Play"). Callers will be required to provide their phone number, including their area code, and date of birth (as two digits for month, two digits for day, and four digits for year) to verify eligibility. If you are an instant winner, you will hear a voice message indicating that you have won (subject to verification). If you are a winner, the message will also provide next steps explaining how to claim your prize.

Randomly selected times, during the Game Period, will be chosen by the independent judging organization (the "Judges"), and the first participant who completes a Play in accordance with these Official Rules (whose Play is properly received and recorded by administrator's computer(s) on or immediately after a randomly selected time during the Game Period) will win a prize (subject to verification). All Plays must be properly received and recorded by Sponsor's computer within the Game Period in order to be eligible to win a prize. It is solely the responsibility of the entrant to notify Sponsor in writing if the entrant changes his or her email address or phone number during the Game Period.

What does this apply to then?
---
#338 Posted: 00:30:21 17/05/2012 | Topic Creator
Can we quit with all the worry and negativity? There is nothing anyone can do, just WAIT. If you didn't get a prize by the time the sidekicks promo begins, let's start to be concerned. People are still receiving prizes daily. Let's assume that if your info got recorded, you are getting a prize. Once again, unless for some reason you became DISQUALIFIED (as defined in "subject to verification"), we should all be getting them. I know everyone is anxious and eager to get theirs, but please...give them a chance to "process" the information (as in "your prize will be shipped in 6-8 weeks"). There is no need for everyone to be asking everyday, am I gonna get a prize? Nobody can answer that, probably not even frito lay....so let's keep on topic, and post our prizes we've received. Unless someone has concrete info (other than they "heard" about), let's keep it out of here...it's just causing needless worries and probably sleepless nights for many. Thanks.

Randomly selected times, during the Game Period, will be chosen by the independent judging organization (the "Judges"), and the first participant who completes a Play in accordance with these Official Rules (whose Play is properly received and recorded by administrator's computer(s) on or immediately after a randomly selected time during the Game Period) will win a prize (subject to verification). All Plays must be properly received and recorded by Sponsor's computer within the Game Period in order to be eligible to win a prize. It is solely the responsibility of the entrant to notify Sponsor in writing if the entrant changes his or her email address or phone number during the Game Period.

Remember when we called for days?? It said "sorry", then all of the sudden we were winning?? Well, we've discussed this before. We speculate that they anticipated way more entrants. So, for example...if they had 5,000 people call in a day, they decide that once they get 2,400 losing calls, then people will win. The first one to enter in the said time frame would be caller 2,401. It is up to them how long they leave it "winning". Maybe 250 winners per day?? Who knows. But we think the entrants were far less than what they expected, and they just left the winning message up, to be sure they awarded all prizes before the contest deadline. They could have turned off the winning message at any time. We noticed several different winning/losing patterns through the course of the entry period.

Once again, to worry this much is not going to get any of us any closer to an answer we so desperately seek.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:41:49 17/05/2012 by Postalgoddess
#339 Posted: 00:43:31 17/05/2012
TOLL-FREE CALL:
TOLL-FREE CALL: To play without making a purchase, call toll-free 1-800-646-2904, during the Game Period, and follow the automated instructions to play for a chance to win a prize (also a "Play"). Callers will be required to provide their phone number, including their area code, and date of birth (as two digits for month, two digits for day, and four digits for year) to verify eligibility. If you are an instant winner, you will hear a voice message indicating that you have won (subject to verification). If you are a winner, the message will also provide next steps explaining how to claim your prize.

I assume that it applies to whether or not you get the "congratulations" message, or the "I'm sorry" message.
---
GSOsmilie
#340 Posted: 01:06:40 17/05/2012
Hope you're right Postal... wording on it seems weird but your logic seems sound....
---
wayiswho Yellow Sparx Gems: 1259
#341 Posted: 01:11:11 17/05/2012
You guys need to just stop trying to prove points about this. It's bogging down the board and it getting annoying.
posreject Yellow Sparx Gems: 1331
#342 Posted: 01:25:00 17/05/2012
I think it's not so much proving a point, but rather the evidence eludes to we are not going to win what we expected.

Did anyone capture/print the rules near the beginning? Just to see if they changed...
---
S:SA: 37/37, 3 variants & 4 SK
S:G: 54/54, 14 variants & 4 SK
S:SF: lost count...
Kesrael Gold Sparx Gems: 2507
#343 Posted: 01:39:23 17/05/2012
So they said you won when you didn't? Is that legal?
---
I'm Kesrael_V on Lost Islands! Add me!!
#344 Posted: 01:52:32 17/05/2012 | Topic Creator
Hope you're right Postal... wording on it seems weird but your logic seems sound....

I am just going with the way I understand the rules. I think we need a degree to fully understand what they mean. Everyone is gonna see it, however they see it. I'm just trying to shed some light on another view. Sometimes we get so caught up with our own feelings, we can't see it any other way. With so much "open to interpretation", it's hard to predict what will happen...but soo not worth the worry.
---
Reaganag Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#345 Posted: 02:11:11 17/05/2012
Quote: Kesrael
So they said you won when you didn't? Is that legal?

No, i don't think it is.
---
Awesome avatar by nintendofan92!
Have waves 1,2,3, and 4
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#346 Posted: 02:38:33 17/05/2012
Everybody just relax.

PostalGoddess you should contact Frito lay, and see what they say. You seem to be one of the few people with your head on yours shoulders. Everyone else is upset, listening to "a guy in another forum said...", etc. You are the only one I'd trust about this.

And once again, everyone relax, wait the 8 weeks then get upset.
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
skittles4890 Blue Sparx Gems: 770
#347 Posted: 02:46:29 17/05/2012
Well idk what's exactly going but I'm sure ppl will get there's I highly doubt they said you won to over the amount of ppl not many ppl new about the promotion also it hasn't even been 6-8 weeks ppl are just reviving them early I've only revived a random same with my fiancé my friend revived all here code ones even the flocked code I have her and I haven't even revived mine just be pacient I can also tell with codes or phone wins with my fiancé because he spells in name a certain way and the one he got was from the phone of the random by the spelling of the name so I think we are just over reacting right now
---
37/37
#348 Posted: 03:14:30 17/05/2012
---
Kesrael Gold Sparx Gems: 2507
#349 Posted: 04:07:53 17/05/2012
Has anyone else sent for a winners list? I sent my request for one, for the Stump Smash contest on May 7th.
---
I'm Kesrael_V on Lost Islands! Add me!!
#350 Posted: 04:33:59 17/05/2012
I mailed in a request for the winners lists, for both promotions, on May 10. I have yet to recieve either list in return.

... Boomer is still in the lead, but Stumpy has passed wrecking Ball and is quickly moving in on the lead!...

Prize totals so far...
Boomer x33
Wrecking Ball x28
FLOCKED Stumpy! x30

Prize arrivals from the old thread:
Boomer x1 ... Post #698
Wrecking Ball x3 ... Posts #704, #815

Prize arrivals posted here:
Boomer x32 ... Posts #36, #43, #40, #44, #72, #78, #84, #85, #88, #91, #116, #131, #135, #139, #140, #169, #175, #176, #181, #235, #237, #265, #270, #271, #273
Wrecking Ball x25 ... Posts #31, #32, #42, #51, #78, #87, #88, #101, #111, #117, #129, #131, #138, #166, #168, #178, #234, #235, #270, #273, #281, #286
FLOCKED Stumpy! x30 ... Posts #141, #148, #153, #168, #173, #175, #176, #178, #230, #237, #251, #253, #272, #280, #285, #288, #297, #322
---
GSOsmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:43:41 17/05/2012 by Seewolfe78
First | Previous | Page 7 of 35 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 33 34 35

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me