darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Upgrade Path Recommendations! NEW OP!!!!!!
First | Previous | Page 11 of 34 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 32 33 34
Upgrade Path Recommendations! NEW OP!!!!!! [STICKY]
DocCroc Yellow Sparx Gems: 1668
#501 Posted: 23:48:29 26/11/2012
Both are a lot of fun. I went with Joust Jockey simply because I no longer have Ghost Roaster on his skull charge path in Giants.
Zeeker Blue Sparx Gems: 523
#502 Posted: 23:57:20 26/11/2012
Quote: camoses
Quote: Nibelilt
You shouldn't have been so rude.

says u, shut up, leave zeeker alone, and just go to bed god dang!

Thanks camoses u da man. smilie
---
You will not survive.
camoses Blue Sparx Gems: 768
#503 Posted: 00:16:01 27/11/2012
Quote: Zeeker
Quote: camoses
You shouldn't have been so rude.

says u, shut up, leave zeeker alone, and just go to bed god dang!

Thanks camoses u da man. smilie

Glad to help u zeeker, and remember don't feed the trolls.
---
The great cornholio!
Stealthelfrocks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1235
#504 Posted: 03:18:27 27/11/2012
ooo a new upgrade path topic. i will be helping out with answers
---
well guys..... took me a while.... but i might still hang around.... dont know..... but.... I loved the moment while it lasted smilie
LightSpyro13 Blue Sparx Gems: 861
#505 Posted: 03:26:51 27/11/2012
Flame Lord is great. You don't always need to pick directions teleporting... If you just tap B you teleport and bring up a flame cross pretty fast. Very effective and fun.

Anyway, I recommended what I found more powerful paths for PVP in another thread, I'll just dump my list here-
Spyro: Both paths are mediocre, Sheep Burner is better overall due to being more versatile and easier to use however.
Double Trouble: Chaneller, Conjuror was not made with PVP in mind.
Wrecking Ball: Ultimate Spinner is better with both modes... A TON better...
Voodood: Marauder, though both are pretty even, it mainly depends on playstyle but Marauder is just more abusable.
Pop Fizz: I've only played Best of The Beast!, it's too fiddly for PVP so I'm guessing Mad Scientist is, of course, a better option.

Crusher: The Rockslide path by far. Rock Grinder (the Hammer path) just doesn't have meaningful enough boosts- melee damage only gets increased by 10 points and neither combo is that useful. I know the Rockslide path seems silly but it is just a lot better.
Bash: Granite Dragon- purely because there's little Pulver does that Granite can't.
Prism Break: Crystaleer, Prismancer is a simply poor ranged character.
Dino-Rang: Grand Boomerang Master is simply the more abusable choice. Both are good though, so it isn't bad to consider between them.
Terrafin: Sandhog, Sandhog, Sandhog...

Slam Bam: Blizzard Brawler... Glacier Yeti could work in theory but your opponent just shakes out of his ice way too easily.
Zap: Tesla Dragon, but nobody agrees with me... I don't really have a recommend, both are meh at Battle.
Gill Grunt: Water Weaver- Harpooner's downright terrible.
Wham-Shell: Captain Crustacean- Commander Crab is worse in both modes.
Chill: I've only played Frozen Fury.

Ignitor: Soul of The Flame, classic broken choice. Blademaster isn't unusable but it can't hold a candle.
Sunburn: I have yet to try Blaze Dragon with Giants' engine buffs, but Flame Lord is genuinely fantastic now.
Flameslinger: Pyromancer was always the better option.
Eruptor: Volcanor by far.

Bouncer: Still not tried in Battle.
Boomer: Demolition Troll, Clobber is terrible.
Drill Sergeant: Always Megadozer.
Drobot: Master Blaster.
Trigger Happy: Golden Money Bags by far.
Sprocket: Still yet to try Gearhead.

Hex: I think everyone can agree on Bone Crafter. smilie
Cynder: I have yet to test Nether Wielder.
Chop Chop: Yet to try in Battle.
Ghost Roaster: Fear Eater is now clearly better due to its versatility and Skull Charge being universally nerfed.
Fright Rider: Joust Jockey- the extra speed makes the difference.

Swarm: Still not tried in Battle.
Whirlwind: Unless something super unexpected happens it will always be Tempest.
Warnado: Eye of The Storm, Wind Master is just too much of a one trick pony.
Sonic Boom: Medea Griffin uncontested.
Lightning Rod: Lord Of The Lightning because it's just so much more strong but both are iffy.
Jet-Vac: Even in Battle Bird Blaster remains miles better.

Tree Rex: Haven't tried in Battle.
Camo: Vine Virtuoso- Melon Fountain is badly nerfed this game and Vine Virtuoso gives him a long ranged option anyway- something Melon Master lacks.
Zook: Floral Defender is outright better.
Stump Smash: Nut Crafter is always more powerful.
Stealth Elf: Pook Blade Saint is very close to broken.
Shroomboom: Yet to Battle with.

I agree with all except for Spyro, Terrafin, & Stump SMash
---
Fins, of fury!
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#506 Posted: 03:52:44 27/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Flame Lord is great. You don't always need to pick directions teleporting... If you just tap B you teleport and bring up a flame cross pretty fast. Very effective and fun.

Anyway, I recommended what I found more powerful paths for PVP in another thread, I'll just dump my list here-
Spyro: Both paths are mediocre, Sheep Burner is better overall due to being more versatile and easier to use however.
Double Trouble: Chaneller, Conjuror was not made with PVP in mind.
Wrecking Ball: Ultimate Spinner is better with both modes... A TON better...
Voodood: Marauder, though both are pretty even, it mainly depends on playstyle but Marauder is just more abusable.
Pop Fizz: I've only played Best of The Beast!, it's too fiddly for PVP so I'm guessing Mad Scientist is, of course, a better option.

Crusher: The Rockslide path by far. Rock Grinder (the Hammer path) just doesn't have meaningful enough boosts- melee damage only gets increased by 10 points and neither combo is that useful. I know the Rockslide path seems silly but it is just a lot better.
Bash: Granite Dragon- purely because there's little Pulver does that Granite can't.
Prism Break: Crystaleer, Prismancer is a simply poor ranged character.
Dino-Rang: Grand Boomerang Master is simply the more abusable choice. Both are good though, so it isn't bad to consider between them.
Terrafin: Sandhog, Sandhog, Sandhog...

Slam Bam: Blizzard Brawler... Glacier Yeti could work in theory but your opponent just shakes out of his ice way too easily.
Zap: Tesla Dragon, but nobody agrees with me... I don't really have a recommend, both are meh at Battle.
Gill Grunt: Water Weaver- Harpooner's downright terrible.
Wham-Shell: Captain Crustacean- Commander Crab is worse in both modes.
Chill: I've only played Frozen Fury.

Ignitor: Soul of The Flame, classic broken choice. Blademaster isn't unusable but it can't hold a candle.
Sunburn: I have yet to try Blaze Dragon with Giants' engine buffs, but Flame Lord is genuinely fantastic now.
Flameslinger: Pyromancer was always the better option.
Eruptor: Volcanor by far.

Bouncer: Still not tried in Battle.
Boomer: Demolition Troll, Clobber is terrible.
Drill Sergeant: Always Megadozer.
Drobot: Master Blaster.
Trigger Happy: Golden Money Bags by far.
Sprocket: Still yet to try Gearhead.

Hex: I think everyone can agree on Bone Crafter. smilie
Cynder: I have yet to test Nether Wielder.
Chop Chop: Yet to try in Battle.
Ghost Roaster: Fear Eater is now clearly better due to its versatility and Skull Charge being universally nerfed.
Fright Rider: Joust Jockey- the extra speed makes the difference.

Swarm: Still not tried in Battle.
Whirlwind: Unless something super unexpected happens it will always be Tempest.
Warnado: Eye of The Storm, Wind Master is just too much of a one trick pony.
Sonic Boom: Medea Griffin uncontested.
Lightning Rod: Lord Of The Lightning because it's just so much more strong but both are iffy.
Jet-Vac: Even in Battle Bird Blaster remains miles better.

Tree Rex: Haven't tried in Battle.
Camo: Vine Virtuoso- Melon Fountain is badly nerfed this game and Vine Virtuoso gives him a long ranged option anyway- something Melon Master lacks.
Zook: Floral Defender is outright better.
Stump Smash: Nut Crafter is always more powerful.
Stealth Elf: Pook Blade Saint is very close to broken.
Shroomboom: Yet to Battle with.

Someone who agrees with Flame Lord? Yes! I've tried both, I prefer Flame Lord.
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantime☠
#507 Posted: 11:23:42 27/11/2012
may i see everyone's opinion on all the new skylanders and giants? and please explain why in detail, i dont have giants yet, so i want to know about the paths before hand. please?
---
well guys..... took me a while.... but i might still hang around.... dont know..... but.... I loved the moment while it lasted smilie
Thumpterra12 Ripto Gems: 120
#508 Posted: 13:08:35 27/11/2012
tree rex: i like laserer, but both paths are good.

jet vac: ill be getting him when i get battlegrounds, so i dont have, but bird blaster seems the best and is highly recomended.

cynder: nether welder is better, because you can now take dmg while dashing, and the ghost explosion actually works now.

crusher: both are great, but rock grinder is easier to control.

flashwing: both are good, super shards is more fun, in my opinion.

swarm:barbarous avenger, definitely. no contest.

hot head: burniator is what everyones recomending, but i dont have.

fright rider: joust jockey is what everyones saying, but i dont have.

chill: pick the ice wall. no contest.

sprocket:hmmmm. i really dont know, but im leaning towards the wrench path.

pop fizz: you cant go wrong with this guy. i like best of beast, but thats me.

or, decide for yourself here
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4136
#509 Posted: 13:20:13 27/11/2012
For Sprocket I picked Operator because besides that path all the upgrades are for the turrets. Also because I love combos.
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
#510 Posted: 14:45:47 27/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Tree Rex: I prefer Treefolk Charger. It provides great Speed, Damage, Retreat, and also let's your Bird have a chance to attack.

Jet-Vac: I prefer Bird Blaster. A fully Suctioned-Up gun does a whopping 60 damage a hit! (iirc you can use it three times before it is normal again)

Cynder: Shadowdancer. You could always get hit in it, it's very unlikely though.

Crusher: I've yet to try Rubble Master, but that path looks good.

Flashwing: Definitely go Super Shards. They heal you and shoot extra it's just amazing.

Swarm: I'm gonna pick Wasp Stormer when I get him because that path looks more fun.

Hot Head: I'll pick Oil Baron. The meteor looks GREAT!

Fright Rider: I hear Joust Jockey but I don't know.

Chill: Ice Lancer. You can shoot 3-10 rapid fire 25 damage each. How could you NOT want that.

Sprocket: Operator. The wrench is great on this path.

Pop Fizz: Pick Mad Scientist. I've tried both and can honestly say that Mad Scientist destroys Best of the Beast ANY day. You can spam the A button and utterly destroy. You have to wait 2 seconds to change into Beast Form, where you are very vulnerable.
---
Legodude56 Blue Sparx Gems: 710
#511 Posted: 20:24:42 27/11/2012
^I agree with all except Swarm and Hot Head. With Swarm it may seem that Wasp stormer is better at first, but the increased damage on Barbarous Avenger makes it Superior.
With Hot Head, I'll admit I haven't tried Oil Baron, but on the Burninator, the Oil blobs follow and kill multiple enemies, and when lit on fire does insane damage. The Burninator makes him the best Giant I have so far.
The rest I highly agree with.
---
"You have to go back" -Matt
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:20:47 27/11/2012 by Legodude56
#512 Posted: 22:09:43 27/11/2012
/\ i agree with hot head
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#513 Posted: 22:13:11 27/11/2012
I dont have Hot head, but to me his path decision sounds much like Swarms. A path for primary and secondary attacks, and a gimmicky path for the tertiary attack.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:13:31 27/11/2012 by Mrmorrises
#514 Posted: 23:23:12 27/11/2012
Quote: joerox123
Tree Rex: I prefer Treefolk Charger. It provides great Speed, Damage, Retreat, and also let's your Bird have a chance to attack.

Jet-Vac: I prefer Bird Blaster. A fully Suctioned-Up gun does a whopping 60 damage a hit! (iirc you can use it three times before it is normal again)

Cynder: Shadowdancer. You could always get hit in it, it's very unlikely though.

Flashwing: Definitely go Super Shards. They heal you and shoot extra it's just amazing.

Swarm: I'm gonna pick Wasp Stormer when I get him because that path looks more fun.

Chill: Ice Lancer. You can shoot 3-10 rapid fire 25 damage each. How could you NOT want that.

Pop Fizz: Pick Mad Scientist. I've tried both and can honestly say that Mad Scientist destroys Best of the Beast ANY day. You can spam the A button and utterly destroy. You have to wait 2 seconds to change into Beast Form, where you are very vulnerable.

I agree with all except for Flashwing. Super Shards is a useless path. Talk about a one-trick pony who is vulnerable in close range and has to stay in one spot to do a lot, that path makes her sooo weak. It was a lot of fun (WAY more fun than Super Spinner, that path is boring), don't get me wrong; but not very good for strength. The Wall Crystals do a lot of damage in PvP if you can pack them all on one opponent, but they're so easy to avoid and smilie has to stay in one spot to heal or move to another (won't be easy, she is slow-moving on Super Shards).

Super Spinner makes her more versatile and soooo much stronger, she also gets more defensive on it.

But I don't like he much on either path. Super Spinner is boring and Super Shards is weak.
---
Fins, of fury!
#515 Posted: 00:08:34 28/11/2012
/\ agreed
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#516 Posted: 00:11:40 28/11/2012

For Tree Rex, I easily prefer the other path.
For Flashwing, exactly what LightSpyro said.
For Swarm, the other path is much better.
Hot Head, I don't have him.
And Chill, her javelins are fine on the other path, and her other attacks are actually useful.
#517 Posted: 00:46:15 28/11/2012 | Topic Creator
My Upgrades:

Air:
Swarm- Wasp Stormer. I don't have Swarm yet, but this is the path that looks better in my opinion.
Legendary/Jet-Vac- Bird Blaster. 60 Damage a hit when gun is charged!
Sonic Boom- Siren Griffin. Woohoo! Disliked path! But I prefer it.
Whirlwind- Tempest Dragon. She launches them so fast and they're so damaging! (clouds)
Lightning Rod- Lord of The Lightning. Amazing path if you know how to use it correctly.
Warnado- Eye of the Storm. I've tried both paths and prefer this one. I still dislike him though.

Life:
Tree Rex- Treefolk Charger. It makes him one of the fastest Giants and causes massive damage.
Shroom Boom- Paramushroom Promotion. Looks better to me, don't have though.
Camo- Melon Master. I love Camo and this path, I also don't think he's overrated.
Stump Smash- Don't get me started on my hate for Stump Failure.
Zook- Floral Defender. He's just meh to me.
Stealth Elf- Forest Ninja. Underrated and tossed aside! It's actually very powerful!

Undead:
Eye-Brawl- Eye For An Eye. He's not out yet but he looks like he'll be amazing on this path.
Fright Rider- Joust Jockey. Speed is helpful.
Cynder- Either. She is okay on either path.
Chop Chop- Undead Defender. So weak and horrible though, you need defense though.
Hex- Bone Crafter. No. Doubt. About. It.
Ghost Roaster- Fear Eater. He got WAY nerfed.

Earth:
Crusher- Rock Grinder. I've yet to try Rubble Master, but his hammer is a beast on this path.
Flashwing- Super Shards. Please refer to my earlier posts on this thread and on the PvP Teir Thread.
Bash- Either. He is very powerful on either paths.
Dino-Rang- Earthen Avenger. I don't know why this path is so hated, he becomes a tank with it.
Prism Break- Crystaleer. He's not the best character but he's average.
Terrafin- Sandhog. Hard to control but still invincible.

Fire:
Hot Head- I will try both but I'm leaning more towards Oil Baron.
Hot Dog- Burning Bow-Wow. This path just looks amazing to me.
Ignitor- Either. I prefer Blademaster, but he is still great on both.
Sunburn- Flame Lord. Woohoo! Another hated path!
Eruptor- Volcanor. But when did he grow spikes on his head?
Flameslinger- Pyromancer. I love this path so much!

Water:
Thumpback- Anchors-A-Yay!! He looks like a MONSTER on this path.
Chill- ( See above posts )
Zap- Tesla Dragon. This disliked power is actually very powerful!
Wham-Shell- Captain Crustacean. Poseidon Strike. Enough Said.
Gill Grunt- Water Weaver for speed.
Slam Bam- Glacier Yeti. Most will disagree, but I've taken down a Pook Blade Saint with this path!

Magic:
Ninjini- Swords of Might. Most people think Anvient Djinn Magic looks better but I don't!
Pop Fizz- Mad Scientist. Easy to mash the A button and cause great damage!
Spyro- Mediocre either way.
Double Trouble- Channeler. Just amazing on this path!
Wrecking Ball- I've only tried Total Tongue, it's okay. But when did he grow teeth. HUMONGOUS TEETH?!
Voodood- Elementalist. He causes great damage!

Tech:
Bouncer- I-Beam Surpreme. It looks superior to the other path in my opinion.
Sprocket: I've only tried Operator an it is okay.
Drill Sergeant- Battledozer. Yes, not Megadozer! He'll get destroyed by Melee because he relies to get near them!
Boomer- I have him but hate him. I've never played him. :/
Drobot- Clockwork Dragon! Yeah!!! ANOTHER generally disliked path!
Trigger Happy- Horribly weak! But Golden Frenzy is more fun!
---
swarm form Blue Sparx Gems: 528
#518 Posted: 00:56:27 28/11/2012
My Upgrades:

Air:
Swarm- Wasp Stormer. I don't have Swarm yet, but this is the path that looks better in my opinion.
Legendary/Jet-Vac- Bird Blaster. 60 Damage a hit when gun is charged!
Sonic Boom- Siren Griffin. Woohoo! Disliked path! But I prefer it.
Whirlwind- Tempest Dragon. She launches them so fast and they're so damaging! (clouds)
Lightning Rod- Lord of The Lightning. Amazing path if you know how to use it correctly.
Warnado- Eye of the Storm. I've tried both paths and prefer this one. I still dislike him though.

Life:
Tree Rex- Treefolk Charger. It makes him one of the fastest Giants and causes massive damage.
Shroom Boom- Paramushroom Promotion. Looks better to me, don't have though.
Camo- Melon Master. I love Camo and this path, I also don't think he's overrated.
Stump Smash- Don't get me started on my hate for Stump Failure.
Zook- Floral Defender. He's just meh to me.
Stealth Elf- Forest Ninja. Underrated and tossed aside! It's actually very powerful!

Undead:
Eye-Brawl- Eye For An Eye. He's not out yet but he looks like he'll be amazing on this path.
Fright Rider- Joust Jockey. Speed is helpful.
Cynder- Either. She is okay on either path.
Chop Chop- Undead Defender. So weak and horrible though, you need defense though.
Hex- Bone Crafter. No. Doubt. About. It.
Ghost Roaster- Fear Eater. He got WAY nerfed.

Earth:
Crusher- Rock Grinder. I've yet to try Rubble Master, but his hammer is a beast on this path.
Flashwing- Super Shards. Please refer to my earlier posts on this thread and on the PvP Teir Thread.
Bash- Either. He is very powerful on either paths.
Dino-Rang- Earthen Avenger. I don't know why this path is so hated, he becomes a tank with it.
Prism Break- Crystaleer. He's not the best character but he's average.
Terrafin- Sandhog. Hard to control but still invincible.

Fire:
Hot Head- I will try both but I'm leaning more towards Oil Baron.
Hot Dog- Burning Bow-Wow. This path just looks amazing to me.
Ignitor- Either. I prefer Blademaster, but he is still great on both.
Sunburn- Flame Lord. Woohoo! Another hated path!
Eruptor- Volcanor. But when did he grow spikes on his head?
Flameslinger- Pyromancer. I love this path so much!

Water:
Thumpback- Anchors-A-Yay!! He looks like a MONSTER on this path.
Chill- ( See above posts )
Zap- Tesla Dragon. This disliked power is actually very powerful!
Wham-Shell- Captain Crustacean. Poseidon Strike. Enough Said.
Gill Grunt- Water Weaver for speed.
Slam Bam- Glacier Yeti. Most will disagree, but I've taken down a Pook Blade Saint with this path!

Magic:
Ninjini- Swords of Might. Most people think Anvient Djinn Magic looks better but I don't!
Pop Fizz- Mad Scientist. Easy to mash the A button and cause great damage!
Spyro- Mediocre either way.
Double Trouble- Channeler. Just amazing on this path!
Wrecking Ball- I've only tried Total Tongue, it's okay. But when did he grow teeth. HUMONGOUS TEETH?!
Voodood- Elementalist. He causes great damage!

Tech:
Bouncer- I-Beam Surpreme. It looks superior to the other path in my opinion.
Sprocket: I've only tried Operator an it is okay.
Drill Sergeant- Battledozer. Yes, not Megadozer! He'll get destroyed by Melee because he relies to get near them!
Boomer- I have him but hate him. I've never played him. :/
Drobot- Clockwork Dragon! Yeah!!! ANOTHER generally disliked path!
Trigger Happy- Horribly weak! But Golden Frenzy is more fun!

Sonic booms wow power with super baby makes medea griffen the likly choice it does a ton of damage.
In pvp paramushrooms take too long. Rubble master with the exploding rocks it more fun espically when the commenter say REFORM! With the new wow pow for drill sergent drill path is now better with the super lazer.
---
A buzz worthy victory
#519 Posted: 03:17:26 28/11/2012
I think Melon Master is better for Camo, I don't care what people say. Vine Virtuoso does MASSIVE damage in PvP, but it's so freaking easy to avoid; kind of like a Flashwing or Shroomboom issue (Paratrooper attack only, falls WAY too slowly).

But I don't like either path too much, he is overall really annoying to play with and extremely overrated. Stump Smash and Zook are the best Life guys hands down IMAO.
---
Fins, of fury!
#520 Posted: 03:41:08 28/11/2012 | Topic Creator
^ I hate Stump Smash SO much.
---
#521 Posted: 04:00:46 28/11/2012
^ Good for you, I don't care. I like him a lot, it's not like it's illegal to like him or prefer him over the retarded frog smilie.

I'll admit though, at first I didn't want him and it took me such a long time to give him a chance.
---
Fins, of fury!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:02:38 28/11/2012 by LightSpyro13
#522 Posted: 08:34:08 28/11/2012
thanks for the tips peoples. ^ you better not have called camo a frog
---
#523 Posted: 13:46:39 28/11/2012
i hate the frog. hes so overrated.
#524 Posted: 15:07:59 28/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: LightSpyro13
^ Good for you, I don't care. I like him a lot, it's not like it's illegal to like him or prefer him over the retarded frog smilie.

I'll admit though, at first I didn't want him and it took me such a long time to give him a chance.

I never said it was bad you liked him, I was expressing how I think that Stump Fail is the worst possible Life Skylander and is easily outclassed by every other one.:3
---
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#525 Posted: 15:20:00 28/11/2012
Interjecting a little bit to say that S2 Stump Smash has potentially the highest damage per second (DPS) in the entire game*, all characters and Giants included. He also has HUGE HP for a non-Giant character, and defends himself exceptionally well. So, it's either time to learn to like him or learn to find counters, because he is seriously broken.

* - Just because S2 Hex has to charge her skull servant occasionally.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:20:40 28/11/2012 by Tashiji
#526 Posted: 18:35:06 28/11/2012
/\ agrees with stumpy. zook has an easy counter for him. just block up the path with cactuses and blast him! works with bouncer too.
#527 Posted: 20:14:17 28/11/2012
Quote: Tashiji
Interjecting a little bit to say that S2 Stump Smash has potentially the highest damage per second (DPS) in the entire game*, all characters and Giants included. He also has HUGE HP for a non-Giant character, and defends himself exceptionally well. So, it's either time to learn to like him or learn to find counters, because he is seriously broken.

* - Just because S2 Hex has to charge her skull servant occasionally.

Not in PvP. You can easily destroy the acorns with your own projectiles, I tried it with smilie Cynder's Lightning Breath and it destroyed the Nuts with ease. Unfortunately, the Wow Pow won't take care of that.

I agree about the High HP, but not that he's seriously broken.
---
Fins, of fury!
#528 Posted: 21:28:06 28/11/2012
stumpy is kinda sorta strong. the opponent can move, too. they dont just stand there to get killed by the nuts. maybe they get hit by 1 or 2, but thats not a ton of dmg.
#529 Posted: 21:38:36 28/11/2012
Opponent can TRY to dodge, but Stump Smash can rotate and follow them while still firing. And the move has no cooldown, allowing him to fire over 100 nuts every 30 seconds. I'd really like to see a character destroy hundreds of 30-damage nuts and still approach and ultimately defeat Stumpy. Especially with the way they ricochet, and Pollen Plume to worry about. Cynder's lightning is one of the few attacks in the game that's even remotely effective at this, and what's she going to do when she catches him... ghost damage? Or get murdered? I'd say the latter.
#530 Posted: 23:11:14 28/11/2012
[sarcasm]terrafin couldnt do ANYTHING about that. his earth swim is TOO WEAK>[/sarcasm]
#531 Posted: 23:28:24 28/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Just tried Rubble Master Crusher! AMAZING!!
---
#532 Posted: 23:32:01 28/11/2012
/\ i know. much better.
#533 Posted: 02:56:54 29/11/2012
Quote: Thumpterra12
[sarcasm]terrafin couldnt do ANYTHING about that. his earth swim is TOO WEAK>[/sarcasm]

Never said anything about Terrafin. He is another solidly broken character who needs counters of his own. My point all along was, good luck having a winning record against S2 Stumpy without an equally lopsided character in terms of power.
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4136
#534 Posted: 03:14:02 29/11/2012
Opponent can TRY to dodge, but Stump Smash can rotate and follow them while still firing. And the move has no cooldown, allowing him to fire over 100 nuts every 30 seconds. I'd really like to see a character destroy hundreds of 30-damage nuts and still approach and ultimately defeat Stumpy. Especially with the way they ricochet, and Pollen Plume to worry about. Cynder's lightning is one of the few attacks in the game that's even remotely effective at this, and what's she going to do when she catches him... ghost damage? Or get murdered? I'd say the latter.

I wasn't going to get any Series Two except for ones I didn't get a Series One for....

[User Posted Image]
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
#535 Posted: 12:21:04 29/11/2012
Quote: Thumpterra12

Never said anything about Terrafin. He is another solidly broken character who needs counters of his own. My point all along was, good luck having a winning record against S2 Stumpy without an equally lopsided character in terms of power.

ok. drobot maybe? his lasers obliterate the nuts and he just walks up blasting him. easy. or maybe someone else, like flashwing, trigger happy, or zook. zook can spawn his cactuses over and over, while getting in a good shot from time to time. thats all i could think of, so he may be 2x as broken as you say. ill be getting more guys for my bday, so ill have more to test.
hebejebe Green Sparx Gems: 193
#536 Posted: 00:25:47 30/11/2012
My list
Fright Rider: Joust Jockey It does so much damage and you move so much faster than Lance A Lot.
Jet Vac: Bird Blaster, the air cannon actually does decent damage and the charged shot is awesome.
Flashwing: I picked Super Shards because you can spam them and they do lots of damage.
Pop Fizz: Mad Scientist for sure. The potions do so much damage and they`re just plain epic.
Chill: Ice Javelin Path, they do so much damage, and they`re fairly rapidfire, it makes Chill a tank.
Tree Rex:Lumbering Laserer, the spammable laser is awesome, and the charged laser is great for taking out strong enemies.
Swarm: Barbarous Avenger, the blades do a lot of damage, and the blades shot while flying are pretty awesome too.
Bouncer: I-Beam Supreme, the upgraded fingerguns are tank, and the I-Beam is rediculously powerful.
Crusher: Rock Grinder because the upgraded hammer does so much damage.
---
I'd tell you nice try, but it wasn't.
- Cynder after winning a PvP match.
#537 Posted: 03:35:46 30/11/2012
Rock grinder is hard to aim. Rubble master is easy to control, fun, and powerful.
#538 Posted: 05:08:25 30/11/2012
Quote: hebejebe
My list
Fright Rider: Joust Jockey It does so much damage and you move so much faster than Lance A Lot.
Jet Vac: Bird Blaster, the air cannon actually does decent damage and the charged shot is awesome.
Flashwing: I picked Super Shards because you can spam them and they do lots of damage.
Pop Fizz: Mad Scientist for sure. The potions do so much damage and they`re just plain epic.
Chill: Ice Javelin Path, they do so much damage, and they`re fairly rapidfire, it makes Chill a tank.
Tree Rex:Lumbering Laserer, the spammable laser is awesome, and the charged laser is great for taking out strong enemies.
Swarm: Barbarous Avenger, the blades do a lot of damage, and the blades shot while flying are pretty awesome too.
Bouncer: I-Beam Supreme, the upgraded fingerguns are tank, and the I-Beam is rediculously powerful.
Crusher: Rock Grinder because the upgraded hammer does so much damage.

Lumbering Laserer, Super Shards, & Rock Grinder suck; especially for PvP.
---
Fins, of fury!
#539 Posted: 07:05:51 30/11/2012
Am I only the only one who prefers Hex's Shade Master path over Bonecrafter?

Bonecrafter is way stronger, but is SOOOOOOOOO boring. I find it one of the least enjoyable paths in the game, (I'd rather be spamming orbs than Raining Skulls and popping up spiky walls all the time) I'd MUCH rather go with Shade Master.
---
Fins, of fury!
#540 Posted: 12:39:52 30/11/2012
neer played her, dont want to.
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#541 Posted: 13:50:40 30/11/2012
For Flashwing, I unconditionally recommend shards. Note before you go in that, to actually achieve the maximum effectiveness of this path, some practice is required. For your HP recovery (a major perk in Nightmare and PVP) field awareness is a must. As far as using the crystal ricochet effectively, you do occasionally have to be aware of, and skilled in how you aim. It's not a pick-up-and-play blaster like Drobot; while that approach does work to some degree, it is only a small preview of what Flashwing can do with practice. I am personally in the camp that views the crystal path as an A-tier character, and more and more people are adopting such an outlook as they continue to play her. You'll feel underwhelmed at first, but like SotF Ignitor, it'll grow on you as you learn to command the finer aspects of it.

I use Treefolk Charger on Tree Rex. Lasers mow right through weaker opposition, but against any of the characters that Tree Rex truly has to fear in PVP, it only makes him more susceptible that Lumbering Laserer lacks versatility. Both paths are phenomenal, though. Tree Rex is just a great character all-around, so expect continued debate about which is truly his better path. Using what you like is fully acceptable for him, because both paths have very valid claims to superiority.

Swarm is Barbarous Avenger for me. To be honest, this path is a serious contender for the game's best brawling character due to decent damage output and tremendous HP. He's no slouch at ranged offense either. Swarm form is nice, but gimmicky, and as with all gimmicky builds, it's easy for opponents to work around. Conversely, there's not a lot of working around that can be done against a medium-high damage brawler with game-breaking HP who can shoot you for decent numbers if you try to run. For me, this one isn't nearly as close as the choice with Tree Rex.

choose these three paths and there awesome. thanks Tashiji
got my Pop Fizz on Mad Scientist, Sprocket on Operator, and my Crusher on Rubble Master.

now i just need help with Chill.
im leaning towards Ice Lancer, but would like to hear your recomendation before i commit.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#542 Posted: 14:58:10 30/11/2012
I think for smilie paratrooper pramotion SUCKS I don't actualy have the game (yet) but it just zooks to stupid I never use the rain-from-the-sky-attacks litteraly NEVER I have flameslinger and only used it once to try it out befor realising it SUCKS
---
Dead
#543 Posted: 15:00:09 30/11/2012
zooks mortar is much better than flamy and the other rain from the sky. its just so spammable. and awesome.
#544 Posted: 15:30:09 30/11/2012 | Topic Creator
For Chill: Ice Lancer! You can shoot (For Sure: 3) and possibly: 10 ice lances at rocket speed doing 25 damage each! That's a lot, I've yet to try Frozen Fury, but will on my L-Chill.
---
#545 Posted: 23:35:41 30/11/2012
may i hear recommendations for pvp paths? all new skylanders and giants. if the recommendations already were, then never mind
---
DocCroc Yellow Sparx Gems: 1668
#546 Posted: 23:41:48 30/11/2012
For which characters in particular? If you want a big comprehensive list/discussion, check out the PVP-specific thread: //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/vi...ic=62608&page=1
LegoLander Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#547 Posted: 01:02:32 01/12/2012
Quote: LightSpyro13

He's not a frog, he's an overrated vegitarian.
---
The person who finally changed his Christmas avatar. Give me a cookie.
#548 Posted: 02:25:19 01/12/2012
He's an overrated idiot. I hate him.
terrafan Blue Sparx Gems: 699
#549 Posted: 02:33:32 01/12/2012
I used to like camo, but he wastes his food
---
Awaiting: Disney Infinity, Batman Arkham Origins, Pokemon Y
#550 Posted: 02:38:20 01/12/2012
Think of what he could do with it! Je could gove it to the people who need food, instead of using it too attack trolls.
First | Previous | Page 11 of 34 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 32 33 34

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me