darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Upgrade Path Recommendations! NEW OP!!!!!!
First | Previous | Page 29 of 34 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
Upgrade Path Recommendations! NEW OP!!!!!! [STICKY]
LightSpyro13 Blue Sparx Gems: 861
#1401 Posted: 03:57:19 26/02/2013
Oh just cuz you stink with Eye Brawl and Tree Rex doesn't mean everyone does either. It may not have a damage increase, but it doesn't need one because it rapidly spawns the eye crawlers for extra 12 damage, plus the eye lasts VERY long and he still has the "You'll shoot your eye out!" cannon that does like 76 or more damage. Lastly, the eyeball will take no damage at all and you can only harm the Giant, which is why it's good to stay far away.

Thumpback is awesome, but his weakness is his slow melee attack and hard-to-land bellyslide. You're only saying I suck with him cuz you're the Baron of Bias and you just don't wanna admit that you're wrong.

He still stands a chance, I take it back and say it's 50/50 depending on the Arena.
---
Fins, of fury!
X-Treme Ripto Gems: 360
#1402 Posted: 04:01:12 26/02/2013
Quote: LightSpyro13
Oh just cuz you stink with Eye Brawl and Tree Rex doesn't mean everyone does either. It may not have a damage increase, but it doesn't need one because it rapidly spawns the eye crawlers for extra 12 damage, plus the eye lasts VERY long and he still has the "You'll shoot your eye out!" cannon that does like 76 or more damage. Lastly, the eyeball will take no damage at all and you can only harm the Giant, which is why it's good to stay far away.

Thumpback is awesome, but his weakness is his slow melee attack and hard-to-land bellyslide. You're only saying I suck with him cuz you're the Baron of Bias and you just don't wanna admit that you're wrong.

He still stands a chance, I take it back and say it's 50/50 depending on the Arena.

OH GAWD THE HYPOCRISY.
#1403 Posted: 04:36:49 26/02/2013
Nope! You're the Emperor and Baron of Bias! Not me.
---
Fins, of fury!
#1404 Posted: 04:38:25 26/02/2013

I'll add that to the list of "Top 10 worst comebacks"
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#1405 Posted: 04:39:52 26/02/2013
I'll add this argument to the list of "What the crud am I reading"
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
#1406 Posted: 04:40:54 26/02/2013
Quote: MoonHorizons
I'll add this argument to the list of "What the crud am I reading"

Probably smart.
camoses Blue Sparx Gems: 768
#1407 Posted: 19:35:45 26/02/2013

^This
---
The great cornholio!
#1408 Posted: 19:39:56 26/02/2013
Quote: camoses

^This

oh, its the text talk guy. *leaves*
#1409 Posted: 00:07:59 27/02/2013
Quote: X-Treme

^This

Oh, it's the biased guy who has a phobia of text talk.
---
The great cornholio!
#1410 Posted: 03:08:02 27/02/2013

^This

Wow i am so speechless and crying cuz you epically failed trying to burn me. Go play in the traffic.
#1411 Posted: 03:10:42 27/02/2013

Wow i am so speechless and crying cuz you epically failed trying to burn me. Go play in the traffic.

After you Mr Bias.
---
The great cornholio!
#1412 Posted: 03:13:24 27/02/2013

After you Mr Bias.

Nah, im fine watching you try to talk tough.
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#1413 Posted: 03:14:14 27/02/2013
I'm going to break up a fight here and say that Thumpback and Eye brawl are about 50-50 against each other from my testings, but overall I do consider Eye brawl slightly stronger.
#1414 Posted: 03:18:26 27/02/2013
^ This
---
Fins, of fury!
#1415 Posted: 04:00:32 27/02/2013
Quote: Mrmorrises
I'm going to break up a fight here and say that Thumpback and Eye brawl are about 50-50 against each other from my testings, but overall I do consider Eye brawl slightly stronger.

I just like arguing.
#1416 Posted: 04:03:51 27/02/2013

I just like arguing.

You should be a lawyer then.
#1417 Posted: 04:25:05 27/02/2013

I just like arguing.

No, i like arguing because i love annoying people. smilie
#1418 Posted: 04:30:33 27/02/2013

I just like arguing.

You still should be a lawyer then smilie
#1419 Posted: 04:35:20 27/02/2013

You still should be a lawyer then smilie

I'd just spout random things and try to burn the opposing guy with comebacks. smilie
LegendaryFlames Emerald Sparx Gems: 3791
#1420 Posted: 20:04:00 27/02/2013
Best for smilie?
---
smilie@Jetbytes everywhere elsesmilie
Kiroq Gold Sparx Gems: 2328
#1421 Posted: 20:46:39 27/02/2013
Burning Bow Wow is the better path in my opinion.
---
smilie Fools! I've had it up to here with your incompetence! Actually no, even higher..up to HERE!
#1422 Posted: 22:20:10 27/02/2013
Burning Bow Wow! by miles, Pyro Pooch is okay for crowd control but it's not very good for PvP or Boss Battles. The fire wall can fall off a ledge and still travels slowly, the only good part is the fire dogs.
---
Fins, of fury!
ClayFace Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#1423 Posted: 11:54:49 01/03/2013
Why do a lot of people think Eye for an Eye is better than Eye Brawler for Eye Brawl?
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#1424 Posted: 16:42:42 01/03/2013
Having just gotten Molten Hot Dog last night, I was able to try the Pyro Pooch path this time around. I agree that it's good for crowd control and works well in the Arena Challenges, but I think I still prefer Burning Bow Wow. If he gets an S3 version in SSF with a good Wow Pow maybe I'll change my preference.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
#1425 Posted: 17:26:32 01/03/2013
Quote: ClayFace
Why do a lot of people think Eye for an Eye is better than Eye Brawler for Eye Brawl?

1. You get to fly for a longer time.

2. Armies of mini eye balls kill enemies quickly.

3. You get a melee attack with the eye.

That's what I think at least.
---
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#1426 Posted: 21:29:53 01/03/2013
Eye for an Eye does superior damage over time, gets to targets faster, has a more defensively solid style of attack, and the fact that Eye Brawler's combos are all mediocre makes Eye for and Eye better by proxy.
#1427 Posted: 23:22:27 01/03/2013
Quote: Tashiji
Eye for an Eye does superior damage over time, gets to targets faster, has a more defensively solid style of attack, and the fact that Eye Brawler's combos are all mediocre makes Eye for and Eye better by proxy.

Okay, while I do agree that Eye for an Eye is better, how is it possible that Eye-Brawler's combos are mediocre? HOW!?

The increased damage is what makes it inferior, the punch damage only increases by 4 and his punches are still weak as hell (very fast though), much like Bird Blaster Jet-Vac.
---
Fins, of fury!
swarm form Blue Sparx Gems: 528
#1428 Posted: 23:35:02 01/03/2013
Exactly why packeteer is better
---
A buzz worthy victory
boomer has it Green Sparx Gems: 304
#1429 Posted: 00:59:52 02/03/2013
^ this x100
---
credit to kappa for my avatar
#1430 Posted: 04:58:31 02/03/2013
What do people think about Ninjini's paths?
Sunburn4ever Green Sparx Gems: 462
#1431 Posted: 16:06:50 02/03/2013
What do people think about Ninjini's paths?

Depends on what type of fighter you prefer Ninjini to be, a ranged fighter or a close-up melee fighter. Personally, I really like the Swords of Might path. The Ancient Djinn Magic path includes an upgrade to her magical orbs, but they're difficult to control and hard to predict where the spheres go. And the upgrade to her bottle rockets is kinda lame.
---
Roast 'N' Toast!
pigman50 Green Sparx Gems: 294
#1432 Posted: 17:22:41 02/03/2013

smilie Not anymore, he's better now with his Wow Pow on Tesla Dragon (But not on Slime Serpent)

smilie Both paths are bad, because the ball is still impossible to control properly

smilie I'd rather go for the Potion Path, the Beast Form is short-ranged and takes too long.

smilie While I do agree that the laser path is better, he's not broken anymore. His rate of fire has been chipped and doesn't fire as fast it use to, plus everyone's health cap has increased. Even Trigger Happy has around 500 health now.

smilie The damage for the arrows only increase like 4 and 3 arrows still don't benefit much, Pyromancer is better because of the burning patches left by the falling arrows.

smilie I used to think Barrier Boost is better, but I hate it now because of the digging upgrade. Yes you can't be hurt while underground, but you can't attack anyone either and you don't even get a speed boost. Paramushroom Promotion's better because you can shoot both the paratroopers and normal mushrooms at the same time.

smilie Vine Virtuso is better (though only slightly) because the Melons ROLL before exploding now and they can get popped by projectiles.

smilie The combos are great, but the Flock of Fury SUCKS and the damage for the spear and beak attacks only increase by 13. Both paths are good, but Joust Jockey makes him insanely fast and his 360 spin attack is good for extra damage.

smilie Fear Eater is better because you can only bite your opponent once while in Skull Form and 2 upgrades don't work in PvP on Skull Master (except on people with Barriers like Zook)

smilie I agree that neither path is dominant, but there is NO way Bird Blaster is better. The super shot doesn't work at all in PvP and the "maximum" damage for the gun only increases by 4. The Corkscrew helps knockback opponents and the Mulcher really helps in close range sometimes.

smilie No, there is NO way Rock Grinder is better than Rubble Master.

1. The combos stink and have a poor aim, they also do around the same damage as his primary combo.

2. The damage for the hammer only increases by 10.

3. The Ground Grinders are still worthless.

4. The Hammer is still too slow to strike and is very clunky, not worth upgrading at all, even with the High Damage.

Rubble Master is better because it makes him a bit more speedy and with the +40 armor (that looks really stupid) and his Extremely High HP, he's as hard as a ROCK! You can barely touch him in PvP with all that armor, as long as you do a ton of armor heroics with him.

smilie I actually find Wrecking ball to be a decent character. I don't find the spinning ball that hard to control really, and it does do quite a lot of damage too.

smilie Camo's paths seem to be fairly balanced and people have mixed opinions on him. I personally prefer Melon Master for its high damage (great in boss fights).

smilie I sort of made a bit of a guess with Crusher, as I haven't tried his other path.
---
AoSTH quote of the week:
Quote: Sonic (At Robotnik)
Well this is a switch! A whale carrying a harpoon!

#1433 Posted: 01:31:41 03/03/2013
smilie Worst piece of poop ever. You are doomed with him on either paths. His ball is so impossible to control and his tongue being slow fired. This is a no get character unless you are collecting.

smilie EfaE is surperior here. Eye Brawlers's combos are great but his punches are still weak as heck. EfaE though, makes him an Ignitor like beast and kills everything in his path.

smilie Obviously Anchors A-Yay. You get amazing combos and the anchor does amazing damage. This is what breaks Thumpback in the game. He throws slightly fast, long range and high damage and a get away manuever.
---
#1434 Posted: 03:14:30 03/03/2013
^ I wouldn't necessarily say all of those things about smilie. Thumpback is very awesome on that path, but not a great get-away kind of guy.

1. His anchor melee attacks do a lot of damage, but they strike sooo slowly and fast characters can avoid it without much trouble. The Whirlpool combo is AWESOME and paralyzes you for a while, but it takes too long to commence and it leaves you vulnerable, and the damage isn't too high either.

2. The bellyflop does not travel ANYWHERE on inclines and it's impossinle to control because it only goes in one direction.

3. The bite attack does a lot of damage but it's sooo slow and short-ranged, anyone with a high DPS can outdamage that.

His problems are fast melee characters with high Damage per Second.
---
Fins, of fury!
#1435 Posted: 03:21:55 03/03/2013
^ I wouldn't necessarily say all of those things about smilie. Thumpback is very awesome on that path, but not a great get-away kind of guy.

1. His anchor melee attacks do a lot of damage, but they strike sooo slowly and fast characters can avoid it without much trouble. The Whirlpool combo is AWESOME and paralyzes you for a while, but it takes too long to commence and it leaves you vulnerable, and the damage isn't too high either.

2. The bellyflop does not travel ANYWHERE on inclines and it's impossinle to control because it only goes in one direction.

3. The bite attack does a lot of damage but it's sooo slow and short-ranged, anyone with a high DPS can outdamage that.

His problems are fast melee characters with high Damage per Second.

Dude, just because you hate a skylander doesnt mean his attacks are slow. Almost every skylander you criticize has "slow attacks". Thumpback's dps is high and strikes fairly quickly with his chomp, and the anchor at least isnt as slow as crusher.
#1436 Posted: 03:29:18 03/03/2013
Whatever happened to leaving, Baron of Bias? You're just being well...... biased once again. It's more than obvious because you're like this almost all the time and your name used to be Thumpterra.

Quote:
Dude, just because you hate a skylander doesnt mean his attacks are slow

And proven that you didn't read my entire speech, you shouldn't have commented. If you did, you would then know I said Thumpback is awesome.
---
Fins, of fury!
#1437 Posted: 04:24:07 03/03/2013
Whatever happened to leaving, Baron of Bias? You're just being well...... biased once again. It's more than obvious because you're like this almost all the time and your name used to be Thumpterra.

Quote:

And proven that you didn't read my entire speech, you shouldn't have commented. If you did, you would then know I said Thumpback is awesome.

Its other skylanders, too. Let me see:

Bouncer
Shroom boom
Thumpback

And i should just stop posting, arguing with a troll is useless.
PokeLink09 Blue Sparx Gems: 946
#1438 Posted: 04:26:36 03/03/2013
Hey Guys! Been I while since I went on this forum. I just got smilie, and I already know that Mad Scientist is better. I fully upgraded him on Best of the Beast to see how he is on that path, and I must say that path is pretty good! It's great that your beast meter can deplete slower when you attack enemies so you can hit harder, and the specials like the flamethrower are cool too. So I have one question: why don't people like this path? Is it because it's bad, or just Mad Scientist is bettter?
#1439 Posted: 04:30:29 03/03/2013
Quote: PokeLink09
Hey Guys! Been I while since I went on this forum. I just got smilie, and I already know that Mad Scientist is better. I fully upgraded him on Best of the Beast to see how he is on that path, and I must say that path is pretty good! It's great that your beast meter can deplete slower when you attack enemies so you can hit harder, and the specials like the flamethrower are cool too. So I have one question: why don't people like this path? Is it because it's bad, or just Mad Scientist is bettter?

Best of beast is generally more fun, and better for story mode.
#1440 Posted: 05:01:44 03/03/2013

Quote:

Its other skylanders, too. Let me see:

Bouncer
Shroom boom
Thumpback

And i should just stop posting, arguing with a troll is useless.

Look who's calling who a troll, once again you're making yourself look dumb. I repeat it so it gets through your head: I do not hate Thumpback nor any of those guys you mentioned, just because we don't agree with each other's opinions doesn't mean I dislike them.
---
Fins, of fury!
LegendaryFlames Emerald Sparx Gems: 3791
#1441 Posted: 16:39:32 03/03/2013
Whats best for HotDog?
---
smilie@Jetbytes everywhere elsesmilie
#1442 Posted: 18:27:29 03/03/2013
Quote: LegendaryFlames
Whats best for HotDog?

Burning Bow Wow. You get to spin around in a comet and send fire from all angles.

@X-Treme

Gosh, he was just stating his thoughts. Baron of Bias you are. You may not know it but some people might agree that you do bias.

@LightSpyro

I respect your opinion. I personally think I might've over exaggerated over Thumpback so, yeah.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:30:46 03/03/2013 by MoonHorizons
SkyDude Blue Sparx Gems: 621
#1443 Posted: 22:19:04 03/03/2013
Has molten hotdog come out yet
---
Join my Granite Crusher Fan Club tryin to get at least 50 members //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=61597
#1444 Posted: 22:53:25 03/03/2013
Quote: SkyDude
Has molten hotdog come out yet

Yes, almost everyone on dS has one.
---
boomer has it Green Sparx Gems: 304
#1445 Posted: 01:06:41 04/03/2013
^ not in Canada!
---
credit to kappa for my avatar
pigman50 Green Sparx Gems: 294
#1446 Posted: 01:47:08 04/03/2013
smilie Worst piece of poop ever. You are doomed with him on either paths. His ball is so impossible to control and his tongue being slow fired. This is a no get character unless you are collecting.

I am going to defend Wrecking ball here by saying that his magic ball is really not that hard to control. And besides, he's invincible while doing it and it does not take long to charge up. I think it does 61 damage which is pretty good if you can bounce off the opponent and keep your distance. The tongue attack is useless, I agree, but you won't be using that.
---
AoSTH quote of the week:
Quote: Sonic (At Robotnik)
Well this is a switch! A whale carrying a harpoon!

#1447 Posted: 01:48:43 04/03/2013
Quote: pigman50

I am going to defend Wrecking ball here by saying that his magic ball is really not that hard to control. And besides, he's invincible while doing it and it does not take long to charge up. I think it does 61 damage which is pretty good if you can bounce off the opponent and keep your distance. The tongue attack is useless, I agree, but you won't be using that.

^This. My brother is a master as Wrecking ball and uses the forcefield ball as most of our character's kryptonite.
sunburn fan 1 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1520
#1448 Posted: 12:30:33 04/03/2013
what path for smilie?
happy81555 Green Sparx Gems: 175
#1449 Posted: 14:35:45 04/03/2013
here are some paths i picked.

thumpback:
Anchor's A-Yay!! is the strongest path for him. the other path doesn't increase the power of his belly flop. smilie is very powerful on his anchor path while his other path is fun.
sprocket: Operator
smilie is a very fun skylander and i enjoy using her tank but the best path is her wrench since you will be able to shoot 3 bouncing betty mimes smilie
hot head burninator
smilie is one of my favourite giants and i love him on the fire and oil path. the other path looks cool but i like his fire.
flashwing super shards
this path is fun and makes heals her. smilie may not be the best but she is great on this path, not sure about the other path...
pop fizz potion path
smilie is great on this path and AMAZING at pvp, he kills everythink, the other path may be better or more fun but on this path i find it fun to throwing 3 potions at the same time.
eye brawl eye for a eye
smilie is epic on this path and a very strong and fun eye with him. smilie his other path looks to boring. Bouncer; i beam
this path is great.smilie is powerful on this path, not sure about other path
crusher rock grinder
the hammer becomes very strong and the hammer daddy upgrade makes me laugh, i just dont think the other path will better smilie
swarm Barberous Avenger
this path is great since giants need their speed i thought it would be cool to upgrade the path which had his flying upgrade in. i love smilie on this path, i dont find his wasp form useful.
fright rider: joust jockey
:rider: smilie is like bash. joust is for speed and lance is for power. for bash i went for power but with :rider: i picked speed and it makes him boss, nice attacks.
jet vac bird blaster
well, i gotta say smilie is underratted, so much hate for him, bird blaster makes him one of the best air guys. sucking things up gives him gives him a huge blast!
chill ice lancer
ice lancer makes her a boss. i love smilie on this path. stay cool guys!
tree rex: i dont know, smilie looks like a boss on both paths though.
---
im randon, deal with it! smilie
smilievolts and lightning!smilie smilie
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 16:10:51 04/03/2013 by happy81555
happy81555 Green Sparx Gems: 175
#1450 Posted: 16:12:20 04/03/2013
sorry for double posting but...
what path for smilie
---
im randon, deal with it! smilie
smilievolts and lightning!smilie smilie
First | Previous | Page 29 of 34 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me