Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Newbie Questions - How to Get Started [CLOSED]
PocketGoddess Blue Sparx Gems: 687
#1 Posted: 14:53:08 11/04/2012 | Topic Creator
I just got completely hooked a little more than a week ago. I've played the 3DS version a lot, started with the PS3 version a few days ago, and now I want to get started with the online games. I'm hoping someone here can help me out with a few basic questions.

1) Each character comes with just one web code, but I want to play both Spyro's Universe online and the new Cloud Patrol game on my iPod Touch. I called Activision support but the tech didn't know too much. How can I get the characters in both games with only one code?

2) When I play the PS3 version and I check out my Skylanders collection, it gives me a web code that is different than the one that came on the card with the character. Which one do I use?

3) Would it be better to use the portal or the web code that came with the character? The Activision tech said I could connect the portal to my computer, but didn't really explain it. I have both the small 3DS and the large PS3 portals, one with a USB cable and one with the wireless transmitter (Bluetooth?).

I really appreciate the help, and can't wait to get started with the online Spyro's Universe game!
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#2 Posted: 15:06:38 11/04/2012
Welcome to the forum smilie

1) I haven't tried myself but other people on this forum report them working for both games.

2) The first time you register your character in the webgame you HAVE to use the one on the card, it's a longer code and contains different data. Well, you can hook your portal up to the online game and just place the Skylander on the portal but since you asked about codes...

The code that you find in the PS3 game is to update your character information on the web game, it is not neccessary to use at all unless you want to collect all the hats in the online game.

3) All the different portals work with the game, during the tutorial you get during the start of SSU Eon tells you how to make it work. The 3DS portal is probably better for this but I wouldn't know as I don't have one.
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:07:21 11/04/2012 by Deandria
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#3 Posted: 15:09:13 11/04/2012
1) the same code work for both games

2) use the one on the card that came with your character

3) if you plug the ds portal into your computer and then visit skylander universe it will give you instructions to load the portal drivers etc. you only really need to have the portal plugged in to update the character, the game plays without it plugged in.
PocketGoddess Blue Sparx Gems: 687
#4 Posted: 15:15:27 11/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Cool, so I can use the portal just for updates, and don't have to copy down the codes from the PS3? That's great, thanks.
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#5 Posted: 15:22:56 11/04/2012
Yes, if you get your portal up and running fine there is no reason you would ever need to type in any codes at all (though there is a medal for doing it once so you might as well).
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me