darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Future Figure Stock Frustration?!
Page 1 of 1
Future Figure Stock Frustration?! [CLOSED]
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#1 Posted: 10:51:23 22/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Do you find it discouraging looking for new Skylanders figures? I'm not sure about you, but more often than not, when I'm out and about, I'm greeted with empty shelves where Skylanders are supposed to be. Whether it be because of scalpers or hoarders or the game's fans or production delays...in the end, it doesn't matter, I can't buy something when it is not available.

With the upcoming release of Skylanders: Giants and the figures that will eventually be accompanying it, chances are very good that this trend of shortages could continue for that game's figures too and well into the foreseeable future.

Knowing all that...do you still plan on picking up Skylanders: Giants and enduring the frustration and headaches at retail while hunting for figures when they finally come out?

I know my answer.
Argh, yes. smilie
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#2 Posted: 13:06:26 22/03/2012
Yes, I am still going to get it!

When I first bought the original Skylanders there were tons of figures on the shelves everywhere! Toys R Us, Wal-Mart, and Best Buy!!!!
They could not give the Legendary triple packs away at Toys R Us, Wal-Mart had loads of Drill SGT. VV systems at Best Buy!
Then with in a 2 month span....poof all gone! Never been the same since!

I hope this time around with Giants they are a little more prepared!
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#3 Posted: 13:11:52 22/03/2012
For the most part I know I'll be using all my old figures and whatever is in the Giants Starter pack minus portal. Bums to all this hunting for figures again - I'll just hang back and pick them all up when stores are over stocked (which was my plan with the original until all these shortages).
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#4 Posted: 14:28:21 22/03/2012
I feel like they see that people are mad they can't buy the things so when Giants comes out, they'll have plenty in stock.
To me, I think all of this is because of 2 factors. 1) The underproduced the figures as they didn't think it'd take off like it did and 2) they apparently switched producers of the figures. While they DID have some time after Christmas, we don't really know when this occurred and they ARE getting things out, its just that when we get to a store, they're all sold out.

So hopefully they'll mass produce these things. The way I see people saying they won't buy giants though makes me think they'll also probably be a bit easier to find.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#5 Posted: 15:08:33 22/03/2012
On launch day of the original Skylanders, my kids and I were easily able to get the exclusives from TRU, Target, Sams, and Best Buy. If the craze is still going strong this fall it's going to make acquiring all the exclusive probably impossible as scalpers will see big dollar signs. It's going to be nuts and I'm not looking forward to it. I just hope that they flood the stores with stock so that it's not as much of an issue.

I really think there is going to be people camping out overnight at the stores for the launch if things remain as they are have been.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
Spacemonster505 Red Sparx Gems: 61
#6 Posted: 04:33:50 23/03/2012
Im not too interested in the re issues my goal will be the giants and 4 new and if i don't have a figure ill buy the re- issue if toys for bob screw up this by having shortages ill never buy this companys products again
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#7 Posted: 12:36:20 23/03/2012
the shortages will continue.... activision do this on purpose, they sell out everything first, so they don't get stuck with a lot of toys if the sales fail. so no loss will occur and no lost revenue with storage full of toys that don't sell.... from a sale mans view, this make perfect sense but for customers it will be a nightmare.
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#8 Posted: 21:38:38 07/05/2012
you know that the more less recent the figures are released, the cheaper and easier it is to buy and find them right? If activision releases the new guys first, the scalpers will go crazy but the prices and hype for the specific characters will die down and it will be easy to find, just look at somebody like bash, he is really easy to spot! I see him every day!
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
chopchop Blue Sparx Gems: 552
#9 Posted: 01:03:57 08/05/2012
Sadly, scaplers developed when they relized that some figures where rare. There will be no time to run to the store and get the giants, before scalpers step in. smilie
---
This user has died
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6314
#10 Posted: 01:23:59 08/05/2012
I will preorder Giants, make my mom stand in line,I will go to the shelves, and grab everything I dont have (If I dont have the last 5 I need by then) and grab 1 of every new skylander while the mob tries to get in front of me but I will kick there a***s!
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#11 Posted: 02:34:08 08/05/2012
The shortage is to be expected.
Soul_Stealer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1579
#12 Posted: 10:56:24 08/05/2012
Our shelves are packed full of every Skylander except camo and ignighter
Kirby_rules Ripto Gems: 504
#13 Posted: 13:41:39 08/05/2012
My Wal*Mart and GameStop have been keeping a lot of stock. I still need to check K-Mart and Hastings.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#14 Posted: 15:08:15 08/05/2012
It will be proof of Activision fabricating shortages, if they don't have enough of each new figure, for the launch of Giants.

They have 6 months to pump out all of those figures. Since they aren't selling them, they can create a huge backstock of them. They could also assort them better. I bet they won't, and one day, customers will get smart about it, like they did with the Hero franchise. In other words, people will just let it die out, because they were tired of standing in lines, only to be met with disappointment.

I am only giving Giants launch a try. If they disappoint, then I am done buying any new figures. I'll stick with my original 37.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#15 Posted: 16:23:02 08/05/2012
I'll buy it, but only get the 8 new Skylanders and the 8 Giants.
---
Bring the Fanta
imanirox890 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#16 Posted: 16:29:34 08/05/2012
Really either way people are still going to go out and buy the figures no matter how much complaning they do and everything. I mean come on, almost ever person who complains about having to hunt for items will be the same people who stand in line to get them. You don't have to buy new figures.
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#17 Posted: 16:31:03 08/05/2012
I won't buy them.
I'll pre-order them smilie
---
Bring the Fanta
SteveW Blue Sparx Gems: 964
#18 Posted: 18:59:12 09/05/2012
They should release a super pack that contains Giants and all the new skylanders (not the remakes).
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#19 Posted: 20:41:40 09/05/2012
Quote: SteveW
They should release a super pack that contains Giants and all the new skylanders (not the remakes).

I was honestly thinking a while back they should release a set of all 32 characters in a giant box. Hot Wheels does this every year for regular cars (and I think they include Treasure Hunts now, though they used to have those by themselves) at the end of the year, but only on their site. This would have worked PERFECTLY for Skylanders, if only Activision would have sold these things direct from their own site

Retail for the Factory Sealed sets was usually about $120+. However, $8 x 32 is $256. Bump that up to $300, and I'm sure a lot of people would buy it. (especially if you threw in a variant or something)

As for Giants though we still really don't have a price to gauge how much a set of them would be.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
trentd78 Ripto Gems: 914
#20 Posted: 20:53:13 09/05/2012
ill get all the new 16 and 3 redesigns.

i havent had a very bad stock, but not the best.
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#21 Posted: 01:15:08 16/05/2012
First I have to say let's look at what's been happening shall we. They are pumping productions as we speak, but this causes mass mispackages like the upside down double troule head, or the wrong back sides for certain characters, like boomer with an eruptor back side. Now, if the do the same thing, we will see the same thing with giants.
We have to expect the worst because of the anticipation. Do you know how many scalpers will be there two nights before it comes out? Let's say a lot. I hope the release is on a weekend though. Basically you better one of the first twenty people in line to get what you want cuz then you are schrewed. Good luck attempting other stores cuz they will be sold out as well. Also, we have to expect a two figures/ one triple pack and one starter pack per person. I mean why wouldn't they do that.
MAJOR THING!!!! Make sure, if you can, PREORDER GIANTS!! You will be screwed of you don't cuz then you need to like run, either way I'm running through the stores anyways. So yeah be prepared.
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#22 Posted: 03:00:23 16/05/2012
Quote: Zylek
On launch day of the original Skylanders, my kids and I were easily able to get the exclusives from TRU, Target, Sams, and Best Buy. If the craze is still going strong this fall it's going to make acquiring all the exclusive probably impossible as scalpers will see big dollar signs. It's going to be nuts and I'm not looking forward to it. I just hope that they flood the stores with stock so that it's not as much of an issue.

I really think there is going to be people camping out overnight at the stores for the launch if things remain as they are have been.

even if they do that, the scalpers will buy ALL their stock and make even more money because they will become the only source of skylanders.
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
JuLeDoS Blue Sparx Gems: 653
#23 Posted: 12:05:02 17/05/2012
I doubt Activision will have learned their lesson. People are going to get frustrated trying to find new Skylanders exclusive to Giants meanwhile the shelves will be full of reposes no one wants.
---
Are you my mummy?
spyrodadragon Green Sparx Gems: 490
#24 Posted: 12:33:46 17/05/2012
unless they're the last skylanders you need don't get smilie JuLeDoS he is the worst skylander EVER
---
everyone spam this now Posted Image: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/i...0x/30597908.jpg
or the enderman will kill you
#25 Posted: 15:18:36 21/05/2012
hope for a mega pack so we can get a head start
---
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#26 Posted: 23:47:30 26/05/2012
My worry is that how are the new characters going to be released and will the redesigned characters sell? We don't want Skylanders Giants bomb to the point the game has bad sales and they stop making Skylanders. I also hope that they release the characters better than the first.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#27 Posted: 22:48:07 01/06/2012
They MUST BE MORE PREPARED!
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me