darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Thought. Chinese Dragon a new Skylander?
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
Thought. Chinese Dragon a new Skylander? [CLOSED]
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#1 Posted: 19:13:17 15/03/2012 | Topic Creator
We've all heard about the chinese dragon Skylander from the trailer, but the thoughts just occured to me.
What if he was to be a new Skylander in Giants?
---
Bring the Fanta
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#2 Posted: 19:15:10 15/03/2012
That would be awesome. :3
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
voodude Blue Sparx Gems: 715
#3 Posted: 20:37:42 15/03/2012
imo it's just possible, but not vry likely
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieITALIAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#4 Posted: 20:39:00 15/03/2012 | Topic Creator
But it is a thought.
He could have been removed from the first, but put back in the second.
---
Bring the Fanta
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#5 Posted: 23:23:44 15/03/2012
Only if Toys for Bob remembers about it.

Someone remind them.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#6 Posted: 23:43:26 15/03/2012
I hope so that sounds cool to be a chinese dragon skylander
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#7 Posted: 01:41:03 16/03/2012
I think that the "Chinese Dragon" was just a beta Camo because it has the same color scheme and similar spikes on its body. Also if you look closely, it has webbing on its feet like Camo has. Modern Camo also isn't present in the video so that's why I also guessed that it's a beta Camo.

I'm not sure why people are even calling this a "Chinese dragon", it lacks at least four toes to make it a Chinese dragon so it would actually be considered a Tibetan or Japanese dragon. It doesn't have a mane, horns, whiskers or furred tail like a traditional Asian dragon. Even though the Asian dragons are described as water creatures, a traditional Asian dragon doesn't have webbing between its toes. It's body is slender so that's probably why people are calling it an Asian dragon.

Yes I'm done ranting, sorry. Just want to let you guys know, I'm not trying to be rude so sorry if I do sound that way. I'm trying to be slightly informative.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#8 Posted: 01:44:58 16/03/2012
No, Camo was seen in the video as well, Opal. If you look closely and freeze the video, he was seen in the bottom right corner when Spyro flies in breathing flames (in the picture below).

[User Posted Image]

The Chinese Dragon Skylander is often confused by several fans as Camo, who doesn't look exactly like the mysterious Skylander at all. Camo has red feet while the Chinese Dragon Skylander doesn't, and its tail isn't leaf-like like Camo's either, but has a orange tail spade and has two horns on its head. If fans took some good observation, then they too would see the clear difference between the two Skylanders.

Here's a close difference between Camo and the mysterious Skylander:

[User Posted Image][User Posted Image]
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 01:57:08 16/03/2012 by Aura24
#9 Posted: 02:05:04 16/03/2012
^ Oh thanks, I wonder how I missed him. Than I'm sorry for the miss information above but I still don't feel like it's a "true" Asian dragon. Hmm, It might be a dragon in Dragons Peak but if it is, someone would of most likely said so by now since people have hacked to play that level. My only guess would be that it's a removed character possibly for the life element but removed because they decided to have Camo as the only life dragon or it wasn't far enough in development or completed in time, so they scraped it.

It might be in the new game but I would prefer it to be a fire dragon with a red, yellow, and orange color scheme so we don't have another character too similar to Camo...but they did make that "Vac Eagle" Skylander that looks similar to Sonic Boom with a weapon that reminiscent to Zook's weapon design.

Edit: Thanks for the comparison pics but I know the difference, that's why I said it was a beta Camo because of the color similarity because I didn't realize that Camo was in the video already. the pics are helpful though so thanks again.

That's odd, I just noticed that Camo picture doesn't have webbed toes like his figure does. Now that I think about it, Camo probably doesn't have webbed toes like I thought. I was going by his toy picture on my poster and it looked like he did but it was just the lighting and the way they shaped his fingers and hands. Sorry again, I wonder why I'm making so many mistakes today... smilie
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:15:57 16/03/2012 by OpalOsprey
#10 Posted: 02:07:06 16/03/2012
No, the dragon isn't seen in Dragon's Peak..
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#11 Posted: 02:17:04 16/03/2012
^ Okay, I thought so. It's just a removed/unfinished character than. Thanks again for the information.
---

chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#12 Posted: 02:35:34 16/03/2012
Quote: Aura24
No, the dragon isn't seen in Dragon's Peak..

^this

We have now seen (unhacked) footage of the entire Dragon's Peak level.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#13 Posted: 13:59:46 16/03/2012
i don't think he is first removed from the first game and then returned in the second because it doesn't make sense. also which element will he be? i think that giving some a element more dragons than the others isn't a good move.
---
trentd78 Ripto Gems: 914
#14 Posted: 19:29:16 17/03/2012
now that picture, by aura24, was a good catch.
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#15 Posted: 19:30:43 17/03/2012
Quote: voodude
i think that giving some a element more dragons than the others isn't a good move.

Agreed. though I do think it should become a NPC.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#16 Posted: 22:02:44 17/03/2012
Eh, its interesting, but besides the Fire Element, there's not much they could put it in for Giants.

That being said, there's probably thousands of different creatures in Skylands. It doesn't mean that just because they're fighting WITH the Skylanders that they're actually Skylanders. They could just be creatures that are there and wanting to stop the bad guys from trying to destroy their home.

Or...they just made a random character model lawl.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#17 Posted: 23:44:46 17/03/2012
It would be nice but I think they are just a early design for a Skylander.
#18 Posted: 08:06:25 23/03/2012
Quote: OpalOsprey

It might be in the new game but I would prefer it to be a fire dragon with a red, yellow, and orange color scheme so we don't have another character too similar to Camo...

But then he would be too similar to Sunburn.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#19 Posted: 10:42:03 23/03/2012
I never heard of this, but I'm pretty sure it's pre-Drobot or whatever you'd call Drobot without the robot components... D maybe? Because otherwise AFAIK Drobot is completely absent from that trailer.

[User Posted Image]
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
#20 Posted: 16:05:44 23/03/2012
Quote: sykotek
I never heard of this, but I'm pretty sure it's pre-Drobot or whatever you'd call Drobot without the robot components... D maybe? Because otherwise AFAIK Drobot is completely absent from that trailer.

[User Posted Image]

well drobot isn't the only 1 missing
---
#21 Posted: 16:52:34 23/03/2012
@voodude: True enough, but unlike other Skylanders, I can actually imagine Drobot looking like the character in the trailer under the mechanical stuff...or at the very least I find it plausible that it could be him.

If you ignore the colors (since everything is being washed out by the nearby explosion anyway), then you find similarity in the shape of the feet and the ridges in the chest area.
[User Posted Image]
Apply just a bit of imagination...like maybe he was burnt in the blast or his "hair" is obscured under the mechanical parts and you have Drobot! I dunno, it's just a guess after all until it's confirmed if ever, but it's not one I've seen anyone make above.

...but then again that trailer isn't exactly the most accurate representation of the Skylanders universe anyways as far as I know...I spotted 2 Calis in one frame, so there you go. smilie
---
reventon777 Green Sparx Gems: 258
#22 Posted: 18:18:43 23/03/2012
No, Camo was seen in the video as well, Opal. If you look closely and freeze the video, he was seen in the bottom right corner when Spyro flies in breathing flames (in the picture below).

[User Posted Image]

The Chinese Dragon Skylander is often confused by several fans as Camo, who doesn't look exactly like the mysterious Skylander at all. Camo has red feet while the Chinese Dragon Skylander doesn't, and its tail isn't leaf-like like Camo's either, but has a orange tail spade and has two horns on its head. If fans took some good observation, then they too would see the clear difference between the two Skylanders.

Here's a close difference between Camo and the mysterious Skylander:

[User Posted Image][User Posted Image]

I thought that the dragon in that video was a concept design of Camo
---
Own:smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Join my mates Minecraft server! 85.236.100.180:26065!
#23 Posted: 19:21:50 23/03/2012
@voodude: True enough, but unlike other Skylanders, I can actually imagine Drobot looking like the character in the trailer under the mechanical stuff...or at the very least I find it plausible that it could be him.

If you ignore the colors (since everything is being washed out by the nearby explosion anyway), then you find similarity in the shape of the feet and the ridges in the chest area.
[User Posted Image]
Apply just a bit of imagination...like maybe he was burnt in the blast or his "hair" is obscured under the mechanical parts and you have Drobot! I dunno, it's just a guess after all until it's confirmed if ever, but it's not one I've seen anyone make above.

...but then again that trailer isn't exactly the most accurate representation of the Skylanders universe anyways as far as I know...I spotted 2 Calis in one frame, so there you go. smilie

you may be right but it doesn't make sense. why showing a character like drobot, which relies on his armor, without it?
---
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6303
#24 Posted: 00:21:41 24/03/2012
It wouldnt be drobot because drobots legs are brown and the chinese dragon has webbed feet to along with being life elemental and having no wings!
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:22:50 24/03/2012 by AJAwesome
#25 Posted: 00:24:42 24/03/2012
Im pretty new so Im wondring on how to box other posts?
---
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#26 Posted: 00:45:37 24/03/2012
the quote button
---
THE END IS NEAR
#27 Posted: 01:35:53 24/03/2012
that's no drobot or camo it's too spikey for it to be drobot and not a leafy or four legged to camo

it's a different SKYLANDER PEOPLE! observe
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#28 Posted: 06:37:41 24/03/2012
Okay, I really didn't want to expose my lack of artistic skills, but here goes...MS Paint baby!
[User Posted Image]
All I did was add the Drobot mechanical pieces on a pretty accepted representation of this so called "Chinese Dragon Skylander" ...and paint the nails. As I mentioned previously, it takes some imagination, you'll need to ignore the leafy parts/horns ...which could've fallen out when Drobot became part robot and the colors of the legs since they were washed out in the explosion, but if you can't see what I saw at this point, I can't do anything more to help.

Don't get me wrong, I don't care whether you believe they are the same, just that you can see what I saw and why I said Drobot.

It's not too far fetched in my opinion, for all we know, Drobot was still on the drawing board when that commercial was being made and they could've farmed out the creation of that commercial to a 3rd party company, who knows?

I remember reading an article somewhere detailing the evolution of Skylanders from concept sketches to final and I remember Terrafin started off as part penguin/part shark that looks completely different to the Terrafin we know today.
---
#29 Posted: 07:34:28 24/03/2012
Except Drobot is completely green nor has yellow horns and orange spines on his back...
---
#30 Posted: 07:39:54 24/03/2012
@Aura24: I think you missed the part where I said I can't draw and that you need to use your imagination.
---
#31 Posted: 07:46:03 24/03/2012
But both Drobot and the Chinese Dragon are still completely different characters.
---
#32 Posted: 07:57:21 24/03/2012
Don't get me wrong, I don't care whether you believe they are the same, just that you can see what I saw and why I said Drobot.

Really, I'm done with this topic, I thought you guys might be more open minded and receptive to an alternate theory concerning this mystery character.
---
Lord_of_Sheeps Gold Sparx Gems: 2352
#33 Posted: 16:54:20 24/03/2012
Except Drobot is completely green nor has yellow horns and orange spines on his back...

But remember in one of his profiles, Drobot was a small and puny Dragon, meaning that the Drobot that we're seeing now has to be his full body tech armor and not just a helmet and some other attachments to it.
#34 Posted: 23:33:15 24/03/2012
that's a different character that and other than what drobot's bio said where's evidence if you forgot "he is from a clan" not china.
---
icon from Empoh
#35 Posted: 23:52:36 24/03/2012
What is the skylander at 0:34 in this?
---
#36 Posted: 23:54:32 24/03/2012
I don't think that's a skylander it's just a funny looking dragon thingy
---
icon from Empoh
#37 Posted: 23:59:28 24/03/2012
Thats what I thought.
---
miniquiny999 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4229
#38 Posted: 00:11:08 25/03/2012
That's a resident dragon to skylands.
---
im not dead but only in theory since i never use this heckin site anymore. send me a pm if you want i'll try to get back to ya this century
#39 Posted: 00:42:25 25/03/2012
it's still funny looking though he landed on a sheep smilie
---
icon from Empoh
#40 Posted: 01:27:07 25/03/2012
Quote: Lord_of_Sheeps

But remember in one of his profiles, Drobot was a small and puny Dragon, meaning that the Drobot that we're seeing now has to be his full body tech armor and not just a helmet and some other attachments to it.

But, he got the armor prior to Kaos attack Skylands, as he became a Skylander after he equipped his armor.
---
#41 Posted: 02:25:34 25/03/2012
you guys who think the unknown skylander is drobot you're d*** wrong

if you haven't noticed drobot has one horn not two.
yes we all know his story yeah he was puny yeah he was weak until he got his armor but if he was in the vid he would have his armor on and not nude.

after he built the armor he turned into a skylander not before GET IT THOUGH YOUR ******* mind already!!
---
icon from Empoh
#42 Posted: 08:12:12 25/03/2012
^ Calm down! Take deep breaths...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:12:30 25/03/2012 by reventon777
Themrmusicman14 Blue Sparx Gems: 939
#43 Posted: 10:25:18 25/03/2012
i think he would be awesome as a skylanders especially if his name was Snappy or Whiplash (Saw whiplash in another thread)
---
Champions: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#44 Posted: 12:21:55 25/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Who exactly IS Whiplash?
---
Bring the Fanta
#45 Posted: 12:52:34 25/03/2012
Who thought it would be good to put a skylander thats not a skylander in the trailer?
---
#46 Posted: 12:55:33 25/03/2012 | Topic Creator
^I think I know why
Because they can
---
Bring the Fanta
#47 Posted: 13:39:32 25/03/2012
LOL smilie Thats funny.
---
#48 Posted: 14:21:18 25/03/2012
On the vid. I posted above at 0:23 the throne room of dragons peak shows.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:21:37 25/03/2012 by AJAwesome
#49 Posted: 18:32:01 25/03/2012
Whiplash is a fake, just some stupid joke
---
#50 Posted: 18:32:57 25/03/2012
I just think that that Skylander was Camo's concept
---
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me