Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Fan Art > 3D Spyro WIP (Original Series) - Blender 2.61
Page 1 of 1
3D Spyro WIP (Original Series) - Blender 2.61 [CLOSED]
Pyro girl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1752
#1 Posted: 11:00:55 14/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Hi people, I just thought that I'd make a WIP topic of me working up to making a render that will feature Spyro and Sparx from the original series. I started off making a new headshot of Spyro and trying to find the right textures for his scales and horns. I did a headshot of Spyro ages ago here http://pyrodragoness.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4n4evd and in this version I tried to see what I could do to improve the model and came up with this so far.

[User Posted Image]

What do you think?
---
Kakarot, I think I'm going to puke ~Vegeta
Live Long and Prosper ~ Mr. Spock
I'm stupid, I'm Stupid ~ Starscream
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:11:45 14/03/2012 by Pyro girl
CinderLover Emerald Sparx Gems: 3924
#2 Posted: 16:37:21 14/03/2012
Wow, great job! I've never been good with blender, so this impresses me a lot!

All I think that could use a change is the texture of his skin. He seems to have very dry skin. Other than that it looks great!
miniquiny999 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4260
#3 Posted: 23:13:05 14/03/2012
The right horn is curvy and the left horn isn't round enough. He also looks like he just went through five sunburns as well.
---
im not dead but only in theory since i never use this heckin site anymore. send me a pm if you want i'll try to get back to ya this century
Pyro girl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1752
#4 Posted: 01:56:07 15/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Is this any better? I've changed the shape of the horns, shortened the crest as I think it was out of proportion with the rest and altered the face very slightly. I gave his scales some specularity (shine) still kept the bump though to try and mimic scaly skin. Not sure what skin tone I prefer but for now I'm saying this one. Oh! And I also changed the camera's focal length.

Way to tired to do anything more to it just now so without further ado, here's the pic.

[User Posted Image]
---
Kakarot, I think I'm going to puke ~Vegeta
Live Long and Prosper ~ Mr. Spock
I'm stupid, I'm Stupid ~ Starscream
wingsofpurple Yellow Sparx Gems: 1023
#5 Posted: 01:32:45 22/03/2012
woah! thats good!
---
"Man! will you ever run out of muffins?"
"No. Because I work at ze muffin factory."
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me