Forum

Spyro: A Hero's Tail

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Hero's Tails Demo Differences [CLOSED]
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#1 Posted: 14:10:59 11/03/2012 | Topic Creator
So I got myself a Spyro: Hero's Tail demo yesterday. It's interesting to see how much is different with it, even though it's rather close to the final build. For reference, here's what I've found so far;

-The opening cutscene is the same, albeit there's a weird graphical glitch as the gnorc is placing the dark gems.
-No talking with the Professor.
-The music to Dragon Village and Dragonfly Falls are completely different.
-The characters who do interact (Moneybags, Elder Tomas, Spyro, Hunter) have full voice acting clips seen in the final build.
-You need 500 gems to get into the shop and buy a lockpick.
-Icons for items are different (the key is an ordinary key, the extra hit is a normal health symbol, the fire bomb looks like it came out of the 80s).
-The geography of the place is completely different (the crocovile swamp path is a dead end with a light gen here, and the dragon egg path for Hunter is made slightly harder by an extended section of hallway after getting the dragon egg.
-Elder Tomas is located where Ember is in the final game, which skips out the whole cave path thing.
-Spyro can't double jump or glide until Elder Tomas teaches him the horn dive.

Not gone through it all yet, so there could still be some differences to find.

Edit: -Spyro's charge works slightly differently.
-Hunter can destroy stomp boxes with a flying kick instead.
-Hunter retrieves a normal fire bomb instead of his own fire arrows.
-The small animals in Hunter's level seem different.
-The light gem path for Hunter is much shorter.
-Sgt Byrd's level also has different music.
-It's the final one in the lava place, oddly enough. The time limit has been extended here to accomodate the ease of the other levels.
-Blink the Mole is called Blinky in the demo.
-The promo material still uses stock art from prevoius Spyro games, not his AHT art.
---
Eh.
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 14:25:44 11/03/2012 by Burning Gnorc
AshETERNAL Green Sparx Gems: 387
#2 Posted: 02:07:58 12/03/2012
Where'd you get the demo from? I didn't know they released one! But those are some cool differences.
---
*Previously on this site as GlitchGirl. Heheh. I hate losing passwords and forgetting what of 5 emails you registered with smilie*
Kariana Emerald Sparx Gems: 3057
#3 Posted: 02:33:42 21/03/2012
I got a question for you. Were you that person who paid like $53 for that Spyro A Hero's Tail and Crash Twinsanity demo on Ebay like last week? I wanted to bid on it but I am saving my money for the new Skylanders. Anyways can you make a video of the differences? I find these incredibly interesting and I think making a video of this would be a great idea.
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5322
#4 Posted: 07:06:55 08/07/2012
sorry for bumping this, but burning gnorc, if you're reading this can you please post a video? :3 I was going to get one on ebay but It vanished smilie
I love anything hidden or beta in games, especially in this game! (and can you confirm if those sharks from the add are in the demo?)
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#5 Posted: 02:49:01 10/07/2012
Burning Gnorc, if you're the one who won that E3 demo, I'm going to murder you. smilie
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5322
#6 Posted: 07:32:12 10/07/2012
I love this game so much smilie I would absoulutely love to play the demo. + collectors value smilie so, you're very lucky.
Hunter 4eva Blue Sparx Gems: 537
#7 Posted: 02:20:44 11/07/2012
I-n-t-e-r-e-s-t-i-n-g.....
---
Tell me are you the ghost of jealosy?!
SpyroGamer2008 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4193
#8 Posted: 00:16:36 17/08/2012
I've been wondering for some time about if there were any differences between the E3 Demo of Spyro: A Hero's Tail and the final product. For some reason, people haven't posted it on Youtube. (Or, it's possible that I just that I can't find a video of it.) Every time I see a video regarding the two demos on this disc (Crash Twinsanity and Spyro: A Hero's Tail), people seem to rather show off the Crash Twinsanity portion of the demo, and not the Spyro: A Hero's Tail portion of the demo. Thank you, Burning Gnorc, for posting the differences! smilie
---
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5243-6111
P.M. me if you want me to add you.
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7660
#9 Posted: 17:08:42 06/09/2012
Quote: Nibelilt
Burning Gnorc, if you're the one who won that E3 demo, I'm going to murder you. smilie

THIS!!!

soz for bumping bruv
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#10 Posted: 17:17:46 06/09/2012
Hm, interesting. I've been considering buying a rare AHT demo from someone for a while now. Perhaps I should get in touch with them.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
#11 Posted: 19:45:14 14/10/2012
smilie COOL!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me