Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Why do you hate Ember? [CLOSED]
Dragonlover00 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1188
#1 Posted: 20:51:10 29/02/2012 | Topic Creator
There is a female, pink dragon in Spyro: AHT and SL as I know. I mostly hear people say that they hate her. I think she would be a good girlfriend to Spyro in the classic ones. So, seriously, why do you guys hate her so much? She's not so "overrated" as Cynder. I see that she is pink and girly, but still why?
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#2 Posted: 21:06:13 29/02/2012
I agree with this question

Most people I know hate her because they love Cynder for whatever reason and because she's pink (how racist can you get?) and her voice actor. Also how she'll "steal spyro from PRECIOUS cynder deeerp DDDD:".
And how she's a "stalker" yet I don't see it the way they put it.

I personally like her, think she has lots of potential.
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 01:37:04 01/03/2012 by LevanJess
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#3 Posted: 21:09:18 29/02/2012
I quite like Ember - I didn't like the fact she only appeared once in AHT (sincee I thought she was a funny character)

I can see why people hate her though.

Quote: LevanJess

Most people I know hate her because they love Cynder for whatever reason and because she's pink (how racist can you get?) and her voice actor.
And how she's a "stalker" yet I don't see it.

@ bold, Yeah! Pink is an awesome colour!
---
Bring the Fanta
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8600
#4 Posted: 22:03:01 29/02/2012
I agree Ember is good.
---
SC
skiffykitten Green Sparx Gems: 357
#5 Posted: 00:25:44 01/03/2012
I like her, she's like the Dragon version of Amy Rose smilie
---
I own all Skylanders!
SpyroXCynder supporter
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#6 Posted: 01:32:59 01/03/2012

Most people I know hate her because they love Cynder for whatever reason and because she's pink (how racist can you get?) and her voice actor.
And how she's a "stalker" yet I don't see it the way they put it.

I personally like her, think she has lots of potential.

Not me.
Ive tolerating Ember. I don't hate her as much as I used to. I find her Ok. But her and Spyro are still not my favorite couple. I prefer BanditXEmber or FlameXEmber.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Darkrai Doll Platinum Sparx Gems: 5026
#7 Posted: 01:34:43 01/03/2012
I personally think Ember is the cutest dragon ever :3

I especially hate it when people hate her because of her color, or because, oh noes, she might steal Spyro from Cyndah!!!11!! (even though they live in totally different universes)
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#8 Posted: 05:29:07 01/03/2012
I hate her because of her personality and she reminds me of Amy Rose.
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#9 Posted: 05:33:36 01/03/2012
Quote: shorty
Well,I like to imagine that what you could do with Ember's personality later on.
But I hate her personality in the games. smilie
Too girly,way too girly.

I agree with this. Except I don't really HATE ember, more just dislike... She too stereotypical.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
Dragonlover00 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1188
#10 Posted: 07:43:51 01/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Yeah, people says that she's a dragon style of Amy Rose (I find Cynder as a dragon style of Shadow the hedgehog).

On Topic: I don't find her so much annoying. Her voice is, in my oppinion and she is annoying when it comes to Spyro, cuz she's like:
"Spyro, mary me!", but it's a bit funny at the same time.
spyro-psycho Green Sparx Gems: 203
#11 Posted: 22:46:27 03/03/2012
i wrote a fanfic thats thirty chapters long. shes a main character and i think i developed her into a highly likeable teenage dragon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:42:09 03/03/2012 by spyro-psycho
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#12 Posted: 22:52:44 03/03/2012
Reminds me of Amy WAY TOO MUCH. but, who am i to call hate
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#13 Posted: 23:40:05 03/03/2012
@ trixx master
I no exactly what u mean i just dont think she right for spyro. a problem that was solvd
#14 Posted: 23:44:32 03/03/2012
Well,I like to imagine that what you could do with Ember's personality later on.
But I hate her personality in the games. smilie
Too girly,way too girly.

i wrote a fanfic that is thirty chapters long. ember is a main character. i think i made her quite likeable
Cynder134 Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#15 Posted: 02:19:57 04/03/2012
I actually think Ember and Cynder would be like BFFL's.
I don't like pink, but a stalker! For being pink and girly!
---
Why am I back
#16 Posted: 02:46:21 04/03/2012
some characters from spyro remind of some sonic characters for either ability and color for example Spyro mainly breathes fire and is purple and Blaze the cat is purple and has fire powers with her hands.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
VespiDragon8 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6555
#17 Posted: 02:49:58 04/03/2012
This I never told you, this is what I heard:
They hate because they believe Ember is a copy of Cynder, as the scene of Spyro 5: AHT, Ember says he is in love with Spyro.
IF not even have seen them together as to say that.
Remember it is not my idea, just tell me.
My opinion is they should not misunderstand that way to Ember.
Although never seen together in a game, only in comics Deviantart or elsewhere, but it is in a real game of Spyro, no.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:29:02 04/03/2012 by VespiDragon8
Hyena Yellow Sparx Gems: 1413
#18 Posted: 02:51:19 04/03/2012
I hate how people instantly act like they know EVERYTHING about Ember's personality when she talked like... twice in AHT?
Is that all it takes to know someone completely? I'm pretty sure we can tell Ember likes honey bees and ladybugs, too. She's girly-looking and pink! That's my back-up for these facts.
NO ONE ARGUE WITH ME 'CAUSE I'M TOTALLY RIGHT!!1!!!!6!!! smilie smilie smilie smilie

Also I never understood the "stalker" thing. I don't recall her following Spyro around.
Also relating her to Amy from Sonic or Panini from Chowder(i've seen this referenced a few times) also makes me curious. If I recall well both of those girls were actual stalkers.

I personally like Ember for her design.
And this is coming from someone who isn't a fan of pink.

Okay. I'm done with my mini-rant.
Thank you flying the Hyena plane. You are paying for your popcorn and peanuts and soft drinks. They were not free. We will also play 5 movies with Rob Schneider.
That is all.
#19 Posted: 02:52:47 04/03/2012
I don't see how in the world Ember can be a copy of Cynder. Ember was made before miss Mary Su- I mean Cynder. With that logic, Cynder is a copy of Ember.
Though don't take this as an attack comment or anything, I know it isn't your idea. :/

EDIT:
Post above me speaks volumes of truth.
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 03:35:55 04/03/2012 by LevanJess
#20 Posted: 02:55:46 04/03/2012
smilie miss mary su
---
icon from Empoh
Cynder134 Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#21 Posted: 03:35:43 04/03/2012
She can't be a stalker only for being pink and girly... ._.
Or did I misunderstand you?

I think you misunderstood me, I was asking why people say:
"Pink charactahs are stalkahs, hehe derp"
---
Why am I back
#22 Posted: 03:36:32 04/03/2012
Oh! I'm sorry for that. I misunderstand a lot.
I'll delete my post then.
---
but i love it all smooth
#23 Posted: 03:41:34 04/03/2012
I don't see how in the world Ember can be a copy of Cynder. Ember was made before miss Mary Su- I mean Cynder. With that logic, Cynder is a copy of Ember.

EDIT:
Post above me speaks volumes of truth.

Quote: VespiDragon8
This I never told you, this is what I heard:
They hate because they believe Ember is a copy of Cynder, as the scene of Spyro 5: AHT, Ember says he is in love with Spyro.
IF not even have seen them together as to say that.
Remember it is not my idea, just tell me.
My opinion is they should not misunderstand that way to Ember.
Although never seen together in a game, only in comics Deviantart or elsewhere, but it is in a real game of Spyro, no.

Ember was made before Cynder.

Exactly, I myself know that Ember was created before Cynder.
As LevanJess said, would be backwards, Cynder is a copy of Ember.But then, people told me they understand it that way, but I clarify one thing.
I never, I promise, I never said this.
#24 Posted: 03:44:24 04/03/2012
I understand you didn't say it. Sorry if anything I said was taken personal. It wasn't my intention. ^^'
---
but i love it all smooth
ArbiDragon292 Gold Sparx Gems: 2337
#25 Posted: 21:01:03 04/03/2012
My opinion: I have nothing bad to her, for me would be something funny to see them together, but as they say, I did NOT say that, that Ember and Cynder have a small fight with Spyro.
All because Cynder is the girlfriend of Spyro and Ember will not accept the union.
Look at this video:

Sure it's only a video, but who want to comment, accepts his opinion.
The same thing I've seen in Deviantart.com, some artists who invented that Ember should have been the girlfriend of Spyro and Cynder were not.
Because Ember is first that Cynder, but Cynder is best dragoness comparing it Ember, by personality.
---
GamerForceShow (GFS) on YouTube.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 21:10:07 04/03/2012 by ArbiDragon292
Hyena Yellow Sparx Gems: 1413
#26 Posted: 21:12:08 04/03/2012
Quote: ArbiDragon292
[snip]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwVqjnLloAk[/snip]

I ended up crying from how hard I was laughing at that video.

Youtube videos like that make me laugh in general. Poor picture/animation quality with a sucky storyline. Especially with Spyro going dark Spyro and beating up Ember just because of that.

But sure. People can have their own opinions. I respect that. I just find it unnecessary to carry violence and hatred into relationships. Even though it happens a lot in real life; the whole hatred thing happens so much between those three characters for some reason. Oh, and Flame too, occasionally.

But people can do as they please. *shrugs*
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:13:34 04/03/2012 by Hyena
#27 Posted: 21:32:46 04/03/2012
here's what I'm going to say
Amy: I got the part on AHT as ember
me: that makes too much sense
---
icon from Empoh
#28 Posted: 05:59:52 07/03/2012
I understand you didn't say it. Sorry if anything I said was taken personal. It wasn't my intention. smilie'

Thank you for understanding.

Quote: ArbiDragon292
My opinion: I have nothing bad to her, for me would be something funny to see them together, but as they say, I did NOT say that, that Ember and Cynder have a small fight with Spyro.
All because Cynder is the girlfriend of Spyro and Ember will not accept the union.
Look at this video:

The same thing I've seen in Deviantart.com, some artists who invented that Ember should have been the girlfriend of Spyro and Cynder were not.
Because Ember is first that Cynder, but Cynder is best dragoness comparing it Ember, by personality.

Men, I saw this video before, but then not know what to say. I just hope it is just a joke video, I would feel bad if you really believe that's the attitude of Ember.
ArbiDragon292 Gold Sparx Gems: 2337
#29 Posted: 01:42:19 08/03/2012
^Quiet it's just a video, to make us laugh. In Spyro games, this has not happened, nor do I want fence to happen.
But if I would like to see them together at least once, to see how their reaction would be to be together. smilie and smilie
---
GamerForceShow (GFS) on YouTube.
#30 Posted: 03:23:27 08/03/2012
you know breaking the forth wall with ember and cynder is just gonna be an entire mess that someone or some people have clean up. leaving a cat um.... i mean dragoness fight over spyro. that and in shadow legacy ember falls in love with bandit.

goofuses
---
icon from Empoh
#31 Posted: 11:43:06 08/03/2012
There is such a thing as "breaking up with Bandit" you know. It shouldn't be a valid excuse as to why Ember shouldn't be able to be with Spyro.
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:24:08 08/03/2012 by LevanJess
#32 Posted: 21:25:19 08/03/2012
^ Agreed. They're not real, so no one knows.
And maybe Spyro doesn't have to chose either of them? He can manage fine by himself..
---
but i love it all smooth
#33 Posted: 22:45:37 08/03/2012
will I'm not assuming that will automatically happen but, it's still rather nonsense of what people think of spyro choosing between cynder and ember. like how people had that random twilight fight that "bella should be with jacob" and that crap. I think people who do that should kind of ask the developers or something h3ll idk. maybe we all should just drop it.
---
icon from Empoh
#34 Posted: 04:44:29 09/03/2012
The destination we will tell you how the attitudes of Cynder and Ember.
The problem would be that that is where we are, and probably not what you expect, say, to say something that is not true. Look, I think the more confused. smilie So I tell you this:
I do not think there are more reasons why to hate Ember, rather, it would be nice not to hate her.
#35 Posted: 05:50:19 09/03/2012
I'm not saying that I hate ember. I'm saying people should stop the random debate before it gets to out of hands.
---
icon from Empoh
#36 Posted: 05:42:11 10/03/2012
smilieMy mistake, moreover, do not think this is out of control, I see only discussed their opinions. I have seen NO comments containing insults or aggressive or something.
#37 Posted: 17:24:49 10/03/2012
^ I agree.. I can see someone wanting to drop it and close the topic if it's getting out of control, but right now it seems to be in good condition.
---
but i love it all smooth
#38 Posted: 00:59:14 11/03/2012
i guess.........................
---
icon from Empoh
l_Eden_l Green Sparx Gems: 124
#39 Posted: 22:39:48 11/04/2012
I think they dislike her because they look at her character at face value: a pink-colored (and stereotypically pink characters are weak or dependent), flat, unrequited love interest for Spyro.

I like her because, like LevanJess said, she has a lot of potential. I enjoy theorizing and making headcanons for her, especially ones where she is integrated into the Legend or Skylanders universes, where I could flesh out her personality more.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
JetH7 Blue Sparx Gems: 827
#40 Posted: 04:38:16 24/04/2012
I kind of found her annoying in a Heroes Tail, but she has a lot of potential.

And pink.... FTW!! Lolz, I don't know really why I like pink :/

Over all I kind of found her annoying at first, but could be an interesting character. Nuff said.
---
I am the ghostly watermelon!!
wuffser Green Sparx Gems: 252
#41 Posted: 10:24:40 29/04/2012
Well problem for me was she looked and acted like a stripped down Amy Rose from Sonic. Ember just wasn't as interesting as Amy. Heck in Sonic its been heavily hinted (In the games anyway) that she is finally starting to win over her man. Maybe Ember would have also if her character developed more.
light cynder Green Sparx Gems: 249
#42 Posted: 08:20:12 10/05/2012
i don't hate her, but i don't realy like her much either. i think she is cute but i bit creapy in a way (quote: "this gem is pulsating with evilness, but it would look nice on an engagment ring, don't you think Spyro?...." i mean, if someone said that to you that you didn't love, you can't say it wouldn't creep you out!) but i wouldn't go so far as to call her a stalker. i can't comment on her comparison to Amy becuase i never played Sonic, except the mario and sonic at the olympic games on the wii. the reson i don't like her is becuas of Shadow Legacy. for those who haven't played, which would be very few, she is crushing hard on Spyro and goes on and on about how much of a hero he is (as usual) then as soon as someone new came along, she compleetly lost intrest in Spyro and went after him (him being Bandit the armadilo). i would like her if it wen't for that. it's no that i think she should be with Spyro, it's just how it happened that anoyed me. like i said though, i don't hate her.
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#43 Posted: 20:57:10 10/05/2012
I...don't hate her?

I thought she was sweet. :<
---
Eh.
whirlwind fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5748
#44 Posted: 07:28:08 20/05/2012
i think ember is good
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#45 Posted: 08:38:29 20/05/2012
It's because she's Amy Rose in dragon form, I don't need more Amy Roses.

Instead it's better to think Ember is a easily angered dragoness who will punch you 500 ft away of the air
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me