Page 1 of 1
I hope... [CLOSED]
reventon777 Green Sparx Gems: 258
#1 Posted: 19:34:52 27/02/2012 | Topic Creator
...that they are already making figures for Giants, so that they don't have a shortage of figures when everyone stocks up on them. I mean, Spyro's Adventure is still releasing figures! They clearly didn't make them enough and so had to delay the release of them.
---
Own:smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Join my mates Minecraft server! 85.236.100.180:26065!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:35:24 27/02/2012 by reventon777
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#2 Posted: 19:52:12 27/02/2012
If you were in charge of distribution for this game, and released enough figures (all 32 figures plus variants) that would keep stores in stock for months to come, AND THE GAME DIDN'T SELL WELL, you would have your butt in a sling. It was simply too large of a financial risk to produce as many figures as was needed to meet demand. They are doing their best to keep up, but with scalpers cleaning out shelves for the past two months, it's been tough.

That said, I think they will be better prepared when Giants comes out. That's my theory, anyway.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
domer Green Sparx Gems: 379
#3 Posted: 20:56:43 27/02/2012
^ Exactly. You can't assume a HUGE demand on a new product. Particularly something like this where you are not sure if your customers are going to just keep the three original figures that came with the pack, or buy only one of each element of each to complete the game 100%, buy only the ones they think are "cool", or go all out and buy them all.

The best course of action is the ramp up production as demand controls. That takes time. I still predict in a few months time there will be more than enough Skylanders available to go around. Especially since the older figures will be playable in the new game, they don't have to worry about having older stock items... they'll sell.

Domer
Wiseman Green Sparx Gems: 333
#4 Posted: 22:12:16 27/02/2012
My prediction, there will be TONS of skylanders for the second game. I dont see scalpers being around for round two cause it is an obvious problem that has to be fixed. Scalpers will lose their money if they buy ten or twenty of the same skylander and and the stores restock a couple days after.
---
** Avatar Creator - nitendofan92 **
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:12:52 27/02/2012 by Wiseman
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me