Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > RUMOR - FreeStyleGames (owned by Activision) working on the Skylanders IP
Page 1 of 1
RUMOR - FreeStyleGames (owned by Activision) working on the Skylanders IP [CLOSED]
iSO Emerald Sparx Gems: 3143
#1 Posted: 02:03:20 22/02/2012 | Topic Creator
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=172365

What the title said. FreeStyleGames has been known for working on spin-off Guitar Hero games such as DJ Hero and it's sequel, DJ Hero 2. With that main brand killed off, it was unknown of what fate the company will take - however, they're now tasked to working on material related to Skylanders. This is all speculation as of now. For what I can understand, it seems Activision wanted to use their studios that are sitting around to bank on their franchises...seems very plausible.

Unrelated to Spyro but notable enough with Activision's actions - Neversoft (also owned by Activision) is working on all things Call of Duty. This year at Activision should be very interesting.

The direct source comes from "Supererogatory", one of the first entities to mine on rumored/secretive info before anyone else including the media could later on.

Any comments for this?
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#2 Posted: 02:28:59 22/02/2012
Hmmm... What might they be working on? Skylanders expansions (the level packs), maybe spinoff games centered on indevidual Skylanders characters? Could this be the start of Activision making good on that early rumor of a Spyro-only game?
EDIT: You know that guy juahnblue85 makes a good point. If they're not careful there'll be too much Skylanders stuff out there and people either wont keep up or it will loose its novelty and people will just get sick of it.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:55:30 22/02/2012 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#3 Posted: 11:54:35 22/02/2012
they are already working on skylander3 that will be release next year i guess...
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#4 Posted: 22:11:20 22/02/2012
Powerhouse game making right here
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me