Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
does Spyro have a mom? [CLOSED]
GagasSpyro Blue Sparx Gems: 681
#1 Posted: 23:50:16 21/02/2012 | Topic Creator
am i the only one that finds it wierd that spyros mom or dad is never even addressed in ANY of the games. I mean even A New Beginning he talks about "finding where he belongs" but never asks who his real parents were all. Plus he always reffered to as "young dragon" meaning he's still a kid or at least a teen or something, shouldn't he have someone at least raising him? like do all the dragon elders just rais him together and like swtich off who gets to take care of him? i'm probably just over analysing but still WHO THE HELL ARE SPYROS PARENTS?????
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#2 Posted: 00:08:42 22/02/2012
Well, in LoS his only parents were Flash and Nina. Other than that, though, I always just assumed that child-rearing in the dragon realms (at least for LoS and the Insomniac games) was a group effort and all of the adults helped raise all of the children, so one's biological parents didn't matter (though LoS heavily implies that Ignitus and Spyro are related with all of their physical similarities). We know baby dragons in classic Spyro aren't born but are brought by fairies. Since there is literally only one female dragon in all of LoS, one must assume that something similar happens in that universe (unless the species going extinct in under ten generations due to absolutely horrific genetic mutations appeals to you). In AHT we see Nanny and it implies that she looks after the eggs and bears enough resemblance to Ember to be her mother, but the implication that children are raised by the community is still pretty strong.

That's all I've got, anyway, based on what we've seen in-game and only in-game. Various fanon bits will jam a lot of OCs in to make things work in a more traditional way, but I prefer to work with what's official (it's a fun brain exercise that way).

Oh, also, for what it's worth, classic Spyro appears to be an Artisan dragon. There does seem to be a physical/philosophical difference between the five dragon families in the Insomniac games.
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#3 Posted: 05:59:33 22/02/2012
He has no official parents, but in LoS basically everyone (including me) thinks Ignitus is secretly his dad. Their horns are identical, and red is one of the colours used to make purple. :3

But yeah, it is kinda weird that he has never had parents mentioned in any of the games....
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#4 Posted: 09:17:55 22/02/2012
Are we not forgetting Spyro's dad who got cut from development?.

And yes on all the females died in ten generations thing smilie, Genocide in a nutshell
#5 Posted: 11:48:18 22/02/2012
We don't have it confirmed that that was his dad, at least as far as I know. I always thought that was just an idea for adult Spyro. Everyone I talked to who worked on the games never mentioned that he ever had parents.
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#6 Posted: 17:12:02 22/02/2012
It's impossible not to. So yes.
#7 Posted: 17:19:08 22/02/2012
Only in this universe. When you're dealing with magic and mythology, you don't need parents to create children (and many cultures don't need parents to raise children).
xXkanameXx Ripto Gems: 137
#8 Posted: 20:47:51 22/02/2012
good question~!
darkspyro199 Gold Sparx Gems: 2102
#9 Posted: 21:11:01 22/02/2012
I agree with post 2 completely
---
Been here 13 years now... D: Man I'm old.
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#10 Posted: 16:10:27 23/02/2012
I.... Have.... To!!!!

Spyro you're an orphan. And that is terrible /GLaDOS
---
Keep smile
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:56:40 25/02/2012 by matesds
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#11 Posted: 16:40:37 23/02/2012
No... He is a video game character.

/thread
#12 Posted: 18:08:52 23/02/2012
Well, by that logic, than his parents are whichever executive at Universal Interactive hired Chalres Zembillas and then told Ted Price to go make a game with that. :D
lemmingluv Ripto Gems: 907
#13 Posted: 18:37:31 23/02/2012
i think it's better that he doesn't have parents, it makes him more relatable for children who don't have a family like that
#14 Posted: 18:40:35 23/02/2012
I know I appreciated his lack of complicated family issues when I was younger. :)
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#15 Posted: 19:13:46 23/02/2012
Sparx is the only family he needs............

CRAP, I DID IT AGAIN.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
xSpringWeatherx Blue Sparx Gems: 866
#16 Posted: 11:09:37 25/02/2012
That's a good question there, like just about everyone has said, those two dragonflies in A New Beginning are Spyro's adoptive parents, obviously they're not his real parents because he's a dragon and they're dragonflies.

And I just found out today that people think Iginitus is Spyro's father, but I can't be sure or not if he is because it was never revealed, however in an interview for DotD, Elijah Wood, I believe, stated that Iginitus was like Spyro's father-figure.

So, all in all, I don't know who Spyro's parents are, however I'm sure he has to have parents or else he wouldn't exist, right? Apparently the creators of the game didn't want to ever reveal who his parents were, huh?
---
~Ooh, just close the door~
#17 Posted: 17:27:48 25/02/2012
"This Broken Soul", according to the composers of the song, is about Spyro's relationship to Ignitus and has a pretty father-son vibe to it. I've always thought they were related, in as much as any dragons from LoS can be physically related to each other (the games suggest in a big way that dragons don't breed in the normal sense, which is good because, if they did, their species is done for thanks to the lack of females).
lemmingluv Ripto Gems: 907
#18 Posted: 22:47:10 25/02/2012
i do have my own theory about the relationship between spyro and ignitus:

spyro sees ignitus as a father-figure/mentor since he's the first dragon that spyro has ever met and has taken him under his wing (not literally...i don't think)

ignitus could see spyro as a sort of son, because perhaps he once had his own children that were close to spyro's age when iggy finds him. maybe he lost those same children (or child) to malefor, therefor sees it extra fit to care for spyro
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:27:25 26/02/2012 by lemmingluv
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me