Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Dark Master Confusion [CLOSED]
SpyroGamer2008 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4203
#1 Posted: 18:18:38 14/05/2008 | Topic Creator
I was just browsing through this site when I noticed something odd in one of the pictures. (This one in particular.) In the image, you can see Ignitius, Terrador, Cyril all huddling around the Dark Master. Now, here's the part I don't get. We all know that the Dark Master died and is now back in the Dragon World as a Spirit from The Legend Of Spyro: The Eternal Night. But the thing is, if the Dark Master died years ago, then how come the Elders are still alive? Did the Dark Master die from their hands, and the Elders aren't telling Spyro this vile piece of information? Did the Dark Master die of old age? And, if so, then shouldn't have some of the elders have passed away as well (since I thought that the Dark Master was supposed to be younger than the Elders since he was taught by them)? Did he die by some other mysterious cause? Or did the Dark Master even die at all? And, if so, then what caused him to become a spirit in the first place? Did the Elders (or any past dragons) use some Dragon Magic or something to seal the Dark Master in that form of prison in Convexity, then hid his physical form or something? What do you guys think about this issue?
---
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5243-6111
P.M. me if you want me to add you.
Last edited at 18:19:10 14/05/2008 by SpyroGamer2008
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#2 Posted: 18:27:23 14/05/2008
note: DM's name is Malefor....
---
Keep smile
#3 Posted: 19:20:40 14/05/2008 | Topic Creator
Actually, we don't actually know that, "matesds". The mountain in which the Dark Master was released was named Malefor, but there's no physical evidence that points to the Dark Master being named Malefor.
---
Gnasty Gnorc Fodder
#4 Posted: 19:20:46 14/05/2008
Quote: SpyroGamer2008
I was just browsing through this site when I noticed something odd in one of the pictures. (This one in particular.) In the image, you can see Ignitius, Terrador, Cyril all huddling around the Dark Master. Now, here's the part I don't get. We all know that the Dark Master died and is now back in the Dragon World as a Spirit from The Legend Of Spyro: The Eternal Night. But the thing is, if the Dark Master died years ago, then how come the Elders are still alive? Did the Dark Master die from their hands, and the Elders aren't telling Spyro this vile piece of information? Did the Dark Master die of old age? And, if so, then shouldn't have some of the elders have passed away as well (since I thought that the Dark Master was supposed to be younger than the Elders since he was taught by them)? Did he die by some other mysterious cause? Or did the Dark Master even die at all? And, if so, then what caused him to become a spirit in the first place? Did the Elders (or any past dragons) use some Dragon Magic or something to seal the Dark Master in that form of prison in Convexity, then hid his physical form or something? What do you guys think about this issue?

I think that you made a very good point, I also think that the Elders killed the Dark Master I mean how do you think that they knew so much about him? Also did you realize that Volteer wasn't pictured in that picture I think that is weird.
Gnasty Gnorc Fodder
#5 Posted: 19:23:54 14/05/2008
My fault I think that it is Ignitus not pictured. If you look at the photo real closely you see that Terrador, Cyril and Volteer are pictured but not Ignitus. Do you think that this could mean something?
#6 Posted: 19:25:25 14/05/2008 | Topic Creator
No, that's Ignitius "Gnasty Gnorc". *Points To The Far Right Corner In The Picture*
---
Gnasty Gnorc Fodder
#7 Posted: 19:27:56 14/05/2008
I guess your wright. But why then do you think that Volteer isn't pictured?
Komodo Blue Sparx Gems: 758
#8 Posted: 19:34:45 14/05/2008
Those guardians just look like, well, the guardians. They're not the guardians.
---
I traded my soul for a muffin, and you know what? It was delicious.
Spyro LUVA Blue Sparx Gems: 638
#9 Posted: 20:31:18 14/05/2008
Wot makes you think Malefor is dead, SG2008?
The Chronicler said that he fell into the Well of Souls when the earth caved under him. I think he was so magically powerful that he acidentally created the Well himself, and fell in. Also I don't think that any of the Elders killed him, since he was banished for being evil. Ya know wot else? I think that the Elders (either Spyro's mentor's of previous Guardians) are at fault for the destruction of the Dragon Kingdom and all the other trouble caused by the Dark Master. After all, they taught him how to use all that power even when he started to turn. And I'm not sure they even tried to reason with Malefor, try to make him good again.

P.S. Nintendo Power said that the DM's name will be Malefor.
---
Look @ my YouTube channel! PLZ subscribe if you like!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SpyroLUVA
OBEY THE HIPNOTOAD! THE HIPNOTOAD KNOWS ALL!
Lover of Spyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1831
#10 Posted: 20:37:49 14/05/2008
oh rly?smilie
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
artiste_violet Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10803
#11 Posted: 21:28:40 14/05/2008
Umm...those guardians AREN'T Ignitus,Terrador,Volteer and Cyril, they are past guardians from The Dark Master's era.
Gnasty Gnorc Fodder
#12 Posted: 21:31:24 14/05/2008
How do you know they look exactly like the guardins
artiste_violet Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10803
#13 Posted: 21:34:48 14/05/2008
I know because they don't even look like the guardians we know and The Chronicler said that those events happened a THOUSAND years ago...
Gnasty Gnorc Fodder
#14 Posted: 21:38:10 14/05/2008
True he did say it happened thousands of years ago but i still think they look like the elders
Gnasty Gnorc Fodder
#15 Posted: 21:39:17 14/05/2008
True he did say it happened thousands of years ago but i still think they look like the elders
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#16 Posted: 22:32:04 14/05/2008
Same kind of dragons as the Guardians, but the same dragons.
SequoiaDragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3930
#17 Posted: 23:16:13 14/05/2008
Quote: artiste_violet
Umm...those guardians AREN'T Ignitus,Terrador,Volteer and Cyril, they are past guardians from The Dark Master's era.

I was just about to say that... I believe those are guardians from years back, not the current ones.
---
My book Harahpin is now on sale! smilie
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#18 Posted: 00:55:42 15/05/2008
Quote: SequoiaDragon

I was just about to say that... I believe those are guardians from years back, not the current ones.

Correct. Remember this is the Dark Master's book the pictures are from. The current Guardians also did not exist at the same time as the Dragon City, so these have to be Guardians from the past. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#19 Posted: 03:55:15 15/05/2008

Those ARN'T the guardians; relitives, maybe. Truely? No!

You can see obvious differences, mostly in the horns.
#20 Posted: 00:23:02 16/05/2008
I think I agree with you all. smilie
---
#21 Posted: 15:20:07 16/05/2008 | Topic Creator
Well, I was just saying that there are some similar attributes about these dragons and the Guardian Dragons. (For example, the faces of each of the guardians do look somewhat similar to the Guardian's Faces.) And also, we don't actually know for certain that these aren't the Guardians that Spyro met. As far as I know, they haven't said anything in the games regarding to whether or not these are actually relatives or the Guardians themselves. But, yeah, I agree with you on the part that these are most likely dragons from the past. But we won't know (or just me, most likely) 100% until the next game comes out.
---
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#22 Posted: 21:03:39 18/05/2008
Well, I was just saying that there are some similar attributes about these dragons and the Guardian Dragons. (For example, the faces of each of the guardians do look somewhat similar to the Guardian's Faces.) And also, we don't actually know for certain that these aren't the Guardians that Spyro met. As far as I know, they haven't said anything in the games regarding to whether or not these are actually relatives or the Guardians themselves. But, yeah, I agree with you on the part that these are most likely dragons from the past. But we won't know (or just me, most likely) 100% until the next game comes out.

If the Guardians taught Malefor, why do they not know what powers purple dragons have and the possible dangers of teaching one?
DragonFriend244 Blue Sparx Gems: 767
#23 Posted: 23:20:55 18/05/2008
The one behind Malefor (DM) doesent look like Cyril or Volteer or any other of the guardians it looks sorta like the....Chronichler!!!smilie

Although I don't think it is him.

As to Quote: SpyroGamer2008

I think DM died just more like an acident. Like when the "Weight of his body cracked the mountain he now seeks to escape it" (DM) was how he died.

BTW we will figure it out in DOTD when it comes out. smilie

The way the dragons in the back ground look like the guardians just could be laziness from the developers who didn't wanna create any more dragon spriters.
Last edited at 23:22:58 18/05/2008 by DragonFriend244
#24 Posted: 02:48:13 19/05/2008
I don't see what all this talk about the guardians and the dragons in that pic have to do with the Dark Master, but just because those events regarding the DM happened thousands of years ago, doesn't mean that they can't be the same guardians. After all, dragond are in theory very, very, very long lived, and the Guardians could easily be thousands, or hundereds of thousands of years old! Holy @$$ monkeys! (@*_*@)
---
IamCynder Green Sparx Gems: 462
#25 Posted: 23:47:44 25/05/2008
If u pay attention to the video game, u will notice that the story of the DM goes like this,

his powers knew no boundaries and he was forced to leave also some of the ELDERS willingly taught him (ignitus, volteer, terrador, cyril) and his evil corrupted the land and he now seeks to get out of the place that his very being created...
Aang Green Sparx Gems: 370
#26 Posted: 23:55:46 25/05/2008
I don't think those are the current Guardians. Ancient ones maybe, but I don't recognise any of them.
---
You kicked who in the what now?
DARK CINDER Ripto Gems: 1062
#27 Posted: 13:10:31 26/05/2008
hey good point maby there the guardians ansesters and the DM has risen but to be imune to deth he must kill the 4 ansesters akaa the 4 gurdians and the cronicler tells spyro get to the tempel save ignites ans spyro ses why tell me and the c4oniclet tells him the 4 gurdians ansesters locked the DM in convecaty and if the 4 ansesters of the gurdians are killed at the DM hand he will be imune to deth
DARK CINDER Ripto Gems: 1062
#28 Posted: 13:12:19 26/05/2008
or maby there just some elders from LONNNNNNNNNNNG ago
Spyrodude25 Blue Sparx Gems: 929
#29 Posted: 14:53:46 26/05/2008
Actually, we don't actually know that, "matesds". The mountain in which the Dark Master was released was named Malefor, but there's no physical evidence that points to the Dark Master being named Malefor.

Actualy the DOTD site say his name is malefor! Find this if you look at the story part!
---
smilie and smilie don't like each other!
#30 Posted: 22:55:54 26/05/2008
u have to look at it this way, the DM is ancient, yet Ignitus knows lots about him does this mean that Ignitus once taught Malefor?
jamieque Blue Sparx Gems: 766
#31 Posted: 02:26:20 27/05/2008
Actually, the Guardians aka Elders who were around in the time of Malefor aren't Ignitus, Cyril, Terrador or Volteer. They are indeed related to them. As for the Chronicler... remember Igintus made a comment about him being very old in Eternal Night. The way I see it is the Chronicler KNOWS Malefor as in he was one of Malefor's teachers. Think about it...

Every element has a Guardian except TIME. Who is Dragon Guardian of Time?
#32 Posted: 20:03:49 27/05/2008
i think that the Chronicler is Malefor...
u can check it out in one of my topics
Who is the Dark Master???
#33 Posted: 05:06:01 28/05/2008 | Topic Creator
Dark Master=Malefor

At least as far as I know...
---
#34 Posted: 07:27:43 28/05/2008
Quote: IamCynder
u have to look at it this way, the DM is ancient, yet Ignitus knows lots about him does this mean that Ignitus once taught Malefor?

I think that the DM's much older than Ignitus. I wouldn't put him past five hundred years old. Malefor's over a thousand.
---
#35 Posted: 19:40:41 28/05/2008
yeah, but we know that malefor was fully grown when he was exiled
#36 Posted: 05:32:22 29/05/2008
I don't think Ignitus was around when that happened...meh, just me.
---
#37 Posted: 19:47:44 29/05/2008
idk, it just seems reasonable if u ask me...
#38 Posted: 00:16:40 30/05/2008
Meh. (I love that word smilie)
---
Dragon Lover Emerald Sparx Gems: 4649
#39 Posted: 01:19:21 30/05/2008
I see. smilie
#40 Posted: 01:22:47 30/05/2008
Quote: Gnasty Gnorc

I think that you made a very good point, I also think that the Elders killed the Dark Master I mean how do you think that they knew so much about him? Also did you realize that Volteer wasn't pictured in that picture I think that is weird.

Well, it could be the old dragon elders. Like in ANB and TEN, when you upgrade your breaths, (or Spyro's breaths,) it gives you names. Such
as a fury upgrade in ANB saying, "Ishlandur's Final Stand". It could be
3 of those older elders. Possibly...
#41 Posted: 04:44:59 30/05/2008
Yeah, I agree with you.
---
Sophia_S_ M Blue Sparx Gems: 997
#42 Posted: 12:32:50 30/05/2008

etranges libellules(i think,or was other website,i don't know) confirmed that.His name's malefor,and the moutain of malefor is his moutain.
---
"Oh Brother."-smilie,TEN
lunyathedragon.deviantart.com
#43 Posted: 12:45:36 30/05/2008
Quote: Aang
Yeah, I agree with you.

Who, me?
#44 Posted: 19:30:44 30/05/2008 | Topic Creator
Well, the main reason that I thought that these dragons were Cyril, Terrador, and Volteer was because of the fact that the Chroniclor is pretty old himself, and has lived for quite some time. He said he lived in exile away from others, so I'm thinking that he's probably been around for a long, long time. (A long enough time to be alive when the Dark Master was alive.) This could be true, or he could've filled in for the other Chroniclor (if there are multiple ones) and took his place (because of the fact that he was lost, or died when he was really, really old). I really don't know exactly how old the Dragon Elders or the Chroniclor are. If I did, then I would be able to make a decent analysis to whether or not to if they were alive during the time of the Dark Master. But anyways, that's the main reason why I thought that.
---
BLOWHARD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1395
#45 Posted: 19:37:43 30/05/2008
When you look closely enough they look like the Elders but I think that one of them may look like the Chronicler.
---
Awww Spyro
arathyne Blue Sparx Gems: 607
#46 Posted: 19:57:54 30/05/2008
Elders from that time would of dressed like the chronicler so it's no surprise...
---
Cynder FTW! smilie
#47 Posted: 20:07:10 30/05/2008
I dunno if sum1 has alredii said this but:

the elder in the middle lookz ALOT like The Chronicler
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
BLOWHARD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1395
#48 Posted: 20:40:20 30/05/2008
Quote: Lover of Spyro
I dunno if sum1 has alredii said this but:

the elder in the middle lookz ALOT like The Chronicler

I agree they he looks alot like the Chronicler.
---
Awww Spyro
DragonFriend244 Blue Sparx Gems: 767
#49 Posted: 20:45:32 30/05/2008
I know because they don't even look like the guardians we know and The Chronicler said that those events happened a THOUSAND years ago...

Where did you get your avatar artiste_violet?
#50 Posted: 21:03:20 30/05/2008
^yeah..i wanna know too!
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me