darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Sorry to say it but there will be...
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Sorry to say it but there will be... [CLOSED]
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#51 Posted: 05:31:40 16/02/2012
Im not talking about an 8 vs 8 or 16 vs 16. I used counter strike and COD as example in general. Im talking about simply using the current battle mode and making online opponents available to the player in battle mode without any other changes to it (maybe a couple more maps!). Parents do not even need to worry because the interaction is limited in the current battle mode. No chat system exists and the only thing players can really do is battle. The trick is getting a system where (1) players can connect and battle and (2) players can find opponents.

Once you get this going you can introduce leader boards, rankings, and even tournaments. Before you know it you have a whole world championship in demand with kids wanting to battle it out for the best portal masters. The Pokemon franchise have been doing this for quite some time. I know every year they have a pokemon video game (I think the DS game) championship and a TCG championship. Same goes for every collectible game that I've seen. At one point they've all done some kind of national championship.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
SteveW Blue Sparx Gems: 964
#52 Posted: 21:20:08 17/02/2012
The PC version didn't sell well but it's fairly easy to port the xbox version to a PC so I think with even only 20,000 sales it would be worth it. You have to consider how many characters the PC players purchased also.
greenlantern511 Ripto Gems: 270
#53 Posted: 22:42:07 17/02/2012
Do people really want PONIES in this game? That's just stupid.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#54 Posted: 15:55:14 18/02/2012
Quote: spyrathedragon
Activision doesn't listen worth ****.

this is why i hate them

It's not even that they didn't listen.

It's that they ended up rushing the developers to make a new game, therefore negating any real big changes. The game will be the same as before.

And before someone goes off yelling "YOU CAN'T SAY THAT YET", might I bring up how many people (some might even being a few of you) may have said how MW3 was going to be the same as previous CoD games, even after having only seen the teaser trailers, which didn't have any gameplay footage at all. And you guys were right about that one.
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#55 Posted: 16:01:44 18/02/2012
No I do agree with you CAV....besides the Giants (with their game-play, size, and lights), additional new Characters, and a few more battle modes, and arenas.....
It is pretty much the same game!
I'm cool with this though, at least this time around. I just want and I am craving more content.

Next one, I will expect more from Skylanders with the release of new consoles.
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:08:07 18/02/2012 by JAP28
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#56 Posted: 16:41:50 18/02/2012
I don't crave more content. That's like me picking up CoD 9 (which has been confirmed) or the new Spiderman game so I can play more levels or maps.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:42:13 18/02/2012 by CAV
voodude Blue Sparx Gems: 715
#57 Posted: 16:53:42 18/02/2012
Quote: JAP28
No I do agree with you CAV....besides the Giants (with their game-play, size, and lights), additional new Characters, and a few more battle modes, and arenas.....
I'm cool with this though, at least this time around. I just want and I am craving more content.

well for skylanders 2 i just wan few things:
- new skylanders: (check)
- new levels (check)
- better levels and bosses
- improved PVP. either with on line battles, CPU "training", more interesting arenas, etc...
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieITALIAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#58 Posted: 16:55:48 18/02/2012
Quote: JAP28

Pretty much my thoughts.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#59 Posted: 19:54:29 18/02/2012
Quote: voodude

well for skylanders 2 i just wan few things:
- new skylanders: (check)
- new levels (check)
- better levels and bosses
- improved PVP. either with on line battles, CPU "training", more interesting arenas, etc...

That's pretty much what I wanted too
---
Bring the Fanta
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#60 Posted: 06:17:00 20/02/2012
New skylanders and new levels are a given.

Online battle mode and CPU battle mode are some of the most requested features. I personally want the online battle mode. I can just imagine how much more replay value once can get once players can battle countless opponents.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
the_box Yellow Sparx Gems: 1324
#61 Posted: 07:38:37 20/02/2012
All I want tot say right now is that I didn't mind no jumping in the console throughout the campaign. I would like it pvp, though, since those jump pads make the experience more challenging in a bad way.
---
Collection Complete! 37/37
mastereon909 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1341
#62 Posted: 15:55:44 16/06/2012
Most of your nos are wrong more than 15 doesn't mean less than 20 and yes they did add a difficulty level
---
Citizens of warfang... Congralutions you shall be the first to witness the resurection of the destroyer...and the end of the world-malefor the dark lord
CynderVolts Green Sparx Gems: 372
#63 Posted: 16:29:31 16/06/2012
I heard in an interview with a person from activision on youtube that there WILL be a difficulty selector, and the levels will be tougher, and that there should be more than 22 levels on the game. that is what I HEARD. seriously.
---
Too much volts, not enough lightning.
GAH!! WHERE THE FUDGESTICKS ARE YOU BOOMER!!!
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#64 Posted: 16:29:46 16/06/2012
Master, don't bump old topics please...
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#65 Posted: 17:49:47 16/06/2012
Quote: Aura24
Master, don't bump old topics please...

I'm just happy to see an old topic from kappapopm with complainings without proofs that have been partly proven wrong.

Let him bump it, this way maybe kappapopm will learn to wait before ranting?
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#66 Posted: 17:50:55 16/06/2012
Unless he or she finds something else to rant about that he or she doesn't know the full details of.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#67 Posted: 17:53:31 16/06/2012
Yeaaaaaaah... you're right...

I said nothing =/
spyrothe111 Ripto Gems: 3702
#68 Posted: 17:55:57 16/06/2012
I'm Dissapointed. smilie

I Hope Activision Makes Better Changes Sooner Because The Game Is Still In Development.
But If This Is How Its Gonna Work...

Sorry If I Bumped This In Someway. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:57:52 16/06/2012 by spyrothe111
#69 Posted: 17:56:47 16/06/2012
This post is old spyrothe11, and not accurate =)
HexDisciple Green Sparx Gems: 249
#70 Posted: 21:05:45 16/06/2012
Hey why are you all(or almost all)looking at the bad aspects?
The story playing part is short.Okay, no doubt, you're right.But what about the part where you collect Story Scrolls, Treasures, Treasure Chests, Hats, and Soul Gems?I bet at least half of you had to look on the Internet for the location of the Legendary treasure of Perilous Pastures.
What about (for the Wii players)the part where you can challenge yourselves, like trying to pass a level without any damage whatsoever?Trying to pass the whole game with only one guy?There's no need to stick to the challenges the game offers you.You can create your own challenges.If you have people to do so, you can perfect your PvP strategy with this or that character, can you not?
Also, I might be the only one to think good and worthy of this, but why not give a character a hat that looks good, a backstory for that hat or an alternate backstory to most characters.Why not imagine love pairs of skylanders(e.g. Spyro/Cynder, Hex/chop chop, etc).I could stay here listing alternates all day, be it in the game or in real-life.The combination of Skylanders and the figures is like Lego:You can do pretty much almost everything your mind comes up with.I, for example, once tried to fit as many Skylanders on the Portal as possible, and it took me a good half hour to do so.So, don't like the game?sure, come up with something else to do with the figures.
Am I wrong or am I right?
---
Gotcha!
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#71 Posted: 21:26:01 16/06/2012
Uhhhhh, what did you just say?
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
#72 Posted: 00:27:15 17/06/2012
OK...sorry for the long post and I'll make my point clear:
Don't downrate skylanders based only on story-mode(just the story, not the completion/collection part)stats.That's not all Skylanders has to offer.There are lots of things you can do both with the game and with the figures, just use your imagination, and I'm sure you'll find something in case the story-mode already feels dull to you.

That clearer?
---
Gotcha!
Slivers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1387
#73 Posted: 00:49:45 17/06/2012
OK, let's put ALL this in perspective and add in a dose of actual business (OMG! It's video games and toys! There's no such thing as "business"):

• Activision goes out on a limb and funds this (extremely) risky project
  • Activision dumps resources upon resources to ensure, if there is a chance of success, it happens
  • Skylanders ships last Fall
  • Skylanders becomes a hit, not on-release, but during the Holiday season
  • Activision scrambles to produce more toys
  • Activision, simultaneously, decides to fund and move the sequel forward
  • Activision w/ Toys for Bob take the concepts, ideas, early project plan, "prototypes", and make quick decisions of what the next Skylanders will be.

This puts us in to January (at earliest) before true "development" of the game starts AND decision on Skylander toy production happens. Given the length of development to create a new, different, bigger-better, follow up game and new figures, Activision is left with two choices:

1) Deliver on the "new, different, bigger-better, follow up game" along with new Figures sometime between 2013 - 2014
or
2) Deliver a "similar" sequel and figures in 2012; incorporating features which were removed from the original Skylanders due to timing and resource constraints

If I am a Fan, I want #2 (and #1)
If I am an Activision investor/employee, I want #2 (and #1)
If I live in a fictional world where I should get everything I want, I scream for #1 and demand it in 2012

Just say'n smilie

However, I will put a BIG * on this. I do expect more from Skylanders in 2013 or 2014 than what Giants will be. Activision knows they have a new franchise success. They better have already started parallel development paths; bringing both Giants to market in the needed 2012 time frame along with a truly new Skylanders experience to market in either 2013 or 2014.
#74 Posted: 01:20:45 17/06/2012
Well, some people(just, some people)don't help either, regardless of what game/franchise we are talking about.You gotta admit that a part between 5-10% of the gamer community puts alot of pressure on companies.Remember the pre-SSA release scene.It says on the wiki that Activision got loads of death threats and requests to stop the project.We sometimes put a little too much pressure.I can't say I'm not anticipating the game, but honestly, I would prefer my game to be a revolutionary thing and wait alot more than get it quick but seeing not much improvement, so honestly, I would go for
Quote: Slivers
1) Deliver on the "new, different, bigger-better, follow up game" along with new Figures sometime between 2013-2014

Besides, I'm not halfway through the collection yet because I'm in that tip of Europe facing America, and because I get 1/week.So, I'd have my collection complete by then.Also, a question:What will you do to your old toys in case you decide to buy the Giants version of them?Will you use them to open elemental gates or just have them until you get the second one?
---
Gotcha!
#75 Posted: 11:50:32 17/06/2012
I guess there might be paths in the game where the giants can't go? Otherwise it would be weird and the smaller Skylanders would be useless...
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#76 Posted: 13:48:03 17/06/2012
Quote: kappapopm
Sorry to say it but there will be...

NO online play (co-op/VS 4 player)
NO ability to jump
NO PC/MAC version
NO Difficulty selector "Easy, Medium, Hard"
NO more than 20 levels
NO over stocked shelves in target/toysrus/etc.(they already have 32++ toys to be released and there is 44++ new one coming)

..and maybe there is time for a wake up call..

What you will get is more variants of the toys and more adventure packs. Some of these variants will be packed with the adventure packs. So they can sell them and trick you into collecting the variants... and what will you do with the toys when your finished with the game?. If you bought 32++ toys for the first game then the 16++ toys for the second game, that is a hell of a lot of plastic to put outta the way or put on your shelves. if it had an online part with matchmaking etc you could at least be playing the game now and then. After paying $800 or something close, that most of us will be. There is not much staying power in the skylanders games, so the question is raised, is it worth it the second time?...

i know i was excited for the giants in the beginning but i am getting serious cold feets....

I thought they specified that there WILL be a difficulty selector. Or am I thinking of how the game auto corrects the difficulty depending on the players skill and character stats?
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#77 Posted: 17:47:13 18/06/2012
I think the second option...that's what I overheard some guy say at a E3 video...dunno
---
Gotcha!
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#78 Posted: 10:11:47 19/06/2012
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
I thought they specified that there WILL be a difficulty selector. Or am I thinking of how the game auto corrects the difficulty depending on the players skill and character stats?

They said there would be both.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
Sanctum Nomen Green Sparx Gems: 416
#79 Posted: 12:05:02 19/06/2012
The start of this post was 4 months ago when there was almost no information and no clarity on any of the subject used by the topic poster. If you look back at it now alot has changed and the start post of the topic is just an overreaction on bad rumors.

The game is going to be great, better graphics cool new skylanders.

I only hope that they make the text boxes skippable, the smae go's for shortcuts. For example the challenges with Cali.. at the and I could basically shoot her just for her saying "WOW didnt think you had it in YA?" and repeatable content should be fun to play. The shortcuts basically kill the idea of that. IT is annoying and not needed to show you every time where all the 6 paintings are you cannot touch (challenge double-trouble)

Thats the only thing they should fix next to the difficulty
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#80 Posted: 13:32:28 19/06/2012 | Topic Creator
only change from my first post in this thread, is the difficult control.. the rest is the same.... anyway check first page for the update..
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:41:11 19/06/2012 by kappapopm
Natfire Gold Sparx Gems: 2192
#81 Posted: 14:23:26 19/06/2012
Quote: kappapopm
only change from my first post in this thread, is the difficult control.. the rest is the same.... anyway here is an new *update*..

1. expect no skipping of text boxes and other repeatable content.
2. older figurines have no extra upgrade path and are nerfed to level 15
3. you want new upgrade path and reach level 20, buy the remake of the old figurines.

in other words if you bought the whole 32 'collect'em all' from the first game. the old figurines are nerfed and are up against other characters that are 5 lever higher. so the old is pretty much useless in the new game, if you play them expect to die alot. its another con to get you to buy the remake figurines....

New and old Skylanders reach lvl 15, not 20 for any!
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me