Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Not a proper Spyro game? [CLOSED]
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#1 Posted: 16:44:40 07/02/2012 | Topic Creator
I personally don't feel like this will be a Spyro game.

His name is taken from the title and I bet there wont be any mention of him in the game. All it will have to do with him is the fact that his toy will work in the game :/
Zpyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1364
#2 Posted: 16:46:20 07/02/2012
I agree. There's no indication that Spyro is even in the game beyond being a playable character (in which case Crash Nitro Kart for GBA is also a Spyro game).
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#3 Posted: 16:56:45 07/02/2012
Well, as they don't mention Spyro in the game's name, please don't complain that it is not a Spyro game.

The title says it, it's a Skylanders game. Spyro is still in the game though.
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#4 Posted: 17:16:31 07/02/2012
Skylanders = Spyro Reboot
Skylanders Giants = Sequel to Spyro Reboot

See, it's still Spyro
---
Bring the Fanta
#5 Posted: 17:17:39 07/02/2012
Not this again... =/
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#6 Posted: 17:19:53 07/02/2012
Well yeah, it's a Skylanders game. The tagline makes me think that the first one was about Spyro's Adventure(ie, the whole thing that happened during the game) whilst Giants is dedicated to the whole return of the giants thing... So that way it is still partially a Spyro game, but just without directly referencing Spyro in the tagline... Get me?
#7 Posted: 17:21:07 07/02/2012
Quote: Reimu
Not this again... =/

What do you mean?
---
Bring the Fanta
#8 Posted: 17:22:38 07/02/2012
-This is not a Spyro game!
-Yeah this is sorta Spyro Game!
-Not a proper Spyro game!

We had all of this back when Skylanders was announced... and we are going to go through this again. I can smell the hate from the fans incoming soon enough...
#9 Posted: 17:26:53 07/02/2012
^ oh, now I understand.

But haters did end up turning into likers, so hopefully the same problem won't occur twice...
---
Bring the Fanta
#10 Posted: 17:27:51 07/02/2012
Well I was hoping that the same problem wouldn't occur with this one but it already started. I'm pretty sure that the haters will come soon enough...
#11 Posted: 17:29:28 07/02/2012
^Only time will tell.
---
Bring the Fanta
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#12 Posted: 17:52:26 07/02/2012
It's not a Spyro game. Deal with it.
#13 Posted: 18:05:19 07/02/2012
Okay, to stop arguments, we should say it's HALF a Spyro game
---
Bring the Fanta
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#14 Posted: 18:06:24 07/02/2012
It's not a Spyro game. Doesn't mean it'll be a bad game.
VespiDragon8 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6580
#15 Posted: 19:29:49 07/02/2012
But if so, then to notice that both the continuation of Skylanders.
But do not think it will be that bad, is it? I say.
But then, at some point have to get a new Spyro game.
Kimbia28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1890
#16 Posted: 19:55:59 07/02/2012
Quote: Ice Dragoness

His name is taken from the title and I bet there wont be any mention of him in the game. All it will have to do with him is the fact that his toy will work in the game :/

Well neither was the first Skylanders a ''Spyro game'',he was placed in the title and in the game obviously for marketing,and now that it's gone well with the first one they don't need him in the title anymore...
the way I'm seeing it right now(the way they are presenting it),it seems that Spyro has merged into the Skylanders IP,so he's now a part of a this new franchise as oppose to having one himself...so ...if that's the case making a Spyro-centered game right now would be like him (as a character that's now a part of the Skylanders universe) getting a Spin-off game :/ which is all kinds of weird smilie
Hyena Yellow Sparx Gems: 1413
#17 Posted: 19:56:29 07/02/2012
Well, some people didn't call Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure a Spyro game itself. Even with the character.

Either way; Spyro game or not. I'm still gonna look forward to this game.
#18 Posted: 19:58:05 07/02/2012
^ Yep, I can't wait for it either smilie
---
Bring the Fanta
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#19 Posted: 19:58:59 07/02/2012
Wait until the adults hear this.
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
AndreDarx Green Sparx Gems: 297
#20 Posted: 20:00:57 07/02/2012
Hum...weren't the haters angry because Spyro's name was used in the first game to "make more money"? Well, I think this new title solves the problem.

About the game, for now I still consider Skylanders Giants a Spyro's game (same with the first Skylanders): he is on the trailer and his toy can be used for this sequel. Also, they are remaking Cynder's toy, who was a character of the Spyro's franchise...
But who knows, maybe, in a future Skylanders' game, Spyro won't be there and so things all start like Rayman and the Rabbids, with the franchise separated from the Spyro's series...
---
Skylanders own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie + Blue Bash
Getting: smilie smilie smilie
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#21 Posted: 20:04:39 07/02/2012
I'll pass, thanks- I bought the game at Christmas and liked it, but I rarely have time to play it and none of the shops even sell the figures.

I agree with you, Icey; I know people are gonna argue that this happened with the original, but this time round I feel like Spyro's been removed completely- just one of over 30 old characters. The Skylanders are the rabbids, and Spyro is Rayman.
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#22 Posted: 20:36:35 07/02/2012
The game is clearly going to downplay Spyro's role which was actually small already in the original because Spyro was the de facto leader of the Skylanders, not the central protagonist to the story.

It's likely Activision gonna keep releasing new updates every year until they run Skylanders to the ground and then after nearly a decade, we'll see the proper return of Spyro himself unless they bring back Skylanders in general unless another company required Spyro himself because it's possible for a company to be unable to bring back certain characters like how Lauren Faust originally wanted to bring back Firefly from G1 but instead made Rainbow Dash as G4's Firefly.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#23 Posted: 21:13:00 07/02/2012
Quote: Spyrobaro
We cannot judge until we have played it, people. There are games that aren't Spyro games that are pretty gosh darn good.
And by that, I mean, seriously.
Yes, Spyro isn't the main character. And? That won't make the game any worse. We don't even know that much about the game yet.
My God. I feel like this is familiar. Where have I heard this before? Oh yeah, that's right. I said the exact same thing when Skylanders was announced, and after I had remembered all the other non-Spyro games I played that are awesome. So, what's the moral of the story, my friends? Don't knock it 'till you've tried it.

Thank you
---
but i love it all smooth
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#24 Posted: 21:16:53 07/02/2012
Quote: Kimbia28

Well neither was the first Skylanders a ''Spyro game'',he was placed in the title and in the game obviously for marketing,and now that it's gone well with the first one they don't need him in the title anymore...
the way I'm seeing it right now(the way they are presenting it),it seems that Spyro has merged into the Skylanders IP,so he's now a part of a this new franchise as oppose to having one himself...so ...if that's the case making a Spyro-centered game right now would be like him (as a character that's now a part of the Skylanders universe) getting a Spin-off game :/ which is all kinds of weird smilie

If that be the case, then they are not keeping up with what they said that if Skyladers sells well, they will make a Spyro game featuring him. . .
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#25 Posted: 21:25:17 07/02/2012
If Spyro isnt in it im not buying it. That the only reason I bougth Skylanders 1
#26 Posted: 21:29:48 07/02/2012
And anyway, the figures from the first one are compatible with the second one, so he is in the game if you want to put him in the game.
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#27 Posted: 21:31:41 07/02/2012
ALL of the figures from the first game are allowed in this one, as well as the new ones.
Sheeeeeesh.
---
but i love it all smooth
#28 Posted: 21:43:48 07/02/2012
Quote: Zackeio
Quote: Kimbia28

If that be the case, then they are not keeping up with what they said that if Skyladers sells well, they will make a Spyro game featuring him. . .

Yup,but like Spyrobaro said I also think that might've been just a rumor,tho I am not fully sure as I don't remember correctly .... and even if they did say that themselves...they could've easily changed their minds after the release of Skylanders :/ who knows
#29 Posted: 21:44:31 07/02/2012
think ive heard this somewhere before....cant remember where.....
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#30 Posted: 21:49:59 07/02/2012
I went into Skylanders 1 with the mindset that it was an original I.P. I'm not a Spyro fan to begin with, so I guess that also helped in having a more open mind, but seriously, by the time the first game was released, any Spyro fan should have known going into it that it was essentially an original I.P that Spyro happens to cameo in. It seems ridiculous to even complain about how it isn't a proper Spyro game, because let's face it, it pretty much wasn't a Spyro game to begin with.

And let's face facts. How many times have you heard a Spyro fan say "Everything after the original trilogy sucked". How many times have Spyro fans been kicked in the teeth with games that range from horrible, to mediocre at best? Spyro fans are just going to whine about how nothing after the original trilogy is any good, so why bother making Spyro games for those people? Wouldn't it make more sense to focus on the spin-off series that has been an unbelievable success instead of the games that nobody likes, and are essentially giant flops that make everyone involved lose money?

Yeah, I think I'd go for the money printing spin-off series too.
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:58:34 07/02/2012 by DinoHex
S240sx24 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1970
#31 Posted: 21:58:55 07/02/2012
Again like i said when the first game came out, its not a real spyro game. Its just spyros in it as a special guest or cameo in the game, it was a gimmick so those fans who knew spyro would get the game and boost more sales versus just saying "Skylanders" And not many people would know what the games about. So it was a good trick, regardless if he's revamped I have always said this and this I stand by. His title was changed it was not "Spyro" "A skylander adventure" His design to the title was changed dramatically when thru the years it has looked the same obviosuly little changes but not dramatic. Well goodluck to those who wish to buy this game again.
---
please let me know what you think about my art, I'd really appreciate it.
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=27051
#32 Posted: 22:01:07 07/02/2012
Quote: DinoHex
I went into Skylanders 1 with the mindset that it was an original I.P. I'm not a Spyro fan to begin with, so I guess that also helped in having a more open mind, but seriously, by the time the first game was released, any Spyro fan should have known going into it that it was essentially an original I.P that Spyro happens to cameo in. It seems ridiculous to even complain about how it isn't a proper Spyro game, because let's face it, it pretty much wasn't a Spyro game to begin with.

exactly,thats why I'm partially wondering why is there 2 entire boards dedicated to the Skylanders franchise...on a Spyro forum smilie thats like having an entire board on a hmm...lets say...Sonic forum...dedicated just to his inclusion in the SSBB :/
oh well...
Not that I'm complaining tho,I don't really care at this point...
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#33 Posted: 22:10:49 07/02/2012
Spyro is like the opposite of Conker now.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#34 Posted: 22:14:24 07/02/2012
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Spyro is like the opposite of Conker now.

Instead of the Great Mighty Poo, they've got a short bald dude with an annoying voice.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#35 Posted: 22:16:13 07/02/2012
This is like Rayman's Raving Rabbids: Sure, Rayman's playable in Rabbids 2, but is it really a Rayman game? Take the same logic and apply it to this.

So if you ask me, this isn't really a Spyro game, more than it is the beginning of taking the Skylanders name and making it into it's own entity, able to survive without Spyro.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#36 Posted: 22:17:11 07/02/2012
Actually, I was being serious:

Conker started out as a character in Diddy Kong Racing.
He then broke away from that IP, and starred in his own games.

Spyro had his own games for a couple of years.
Then he merged with Skylanders.

Conker became significant (for a while at least), Spyro became insignificant.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
GamerSpyro Green Sparx Gems: 178
#37 Posted: 12:48:12 08/02/2012
This is a Spyro game but this is the first time ever the title had "Spyro" nowhere in it congrats to Activision
SilentButDeadly Gold Sparx Gems: 2086
#38 Posted: 12:53:13 08/02/2012
Guys. This game isn't really a Spyro game. So it's not gonna be worth our time. Ever.

That's all I see ...
---
#39 Posted: 13:30:51 08/02/2012
Quote: SilentButDeadly
Guys. This game isn't really a Spyro game. So it's not gonna be worth our time. Ever.

That's all I see ...

It's not because it's not a Spyro game that this game doesn't worth taking a look at it.
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#40 Posted: 13:34:47 08/02/2012

That's all I see ...

It's not because it's not a Spyro game that this game doesn't worth taking a look at it.

Sorry, but are you trying to say that the game is not worth looking at for other reasons or that it is still worth looking at, even though it is not a Spyro game?
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#41 Posted: 13:36:27 08/02/2012
No, I'm trying to say that even though it's not a Spyro game, it's not a reason to not take a look at it, saying that it doesn't worth our time.
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#42 Posted: 13:41:53 08/02/2012
That's what I was confident you meant but as English is not your native language, this is one of the few times that the message was not clear (well, at least to me).
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#43 Posted: 14:23:40 08/02/2012

That's all I see ...

That's what those fans said about Spyro's Adventure.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
SilentButDeadly Gold Sparx Gems: 2086
#44 Posted: 14:25:29 08/02/2012
I was being sarcastic.

Sorry about that.
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#45 Posted: 14:50:20 08/02/2012

That's all I see ...

You're right.

It's not worth taking a look at because it looks identical to the original.

Quote: Aura24

That's all I see ...

That's what those fans said about Spyro's Adventure.

The key word is there. Spyro's Adventure. Spyro was a main character in the game, and he came with the damn thing. In this game, he's only backwards compatible, and MAYBE we'd get a re-released version of him (which is useless if you ask me).

Again, I'll point to my Rayman example. Sure, Rayman is playable in Raving Rabbids 2, but is it a Rayman game, or is it a Rabbids game? Same thing to ask here: Is this a Spyro game? Or a Skylanders game?

To me, this is Skylanders spawning off of Spyro, and becoming its own series. It's not really a Spyro game, JUST because he's playable in it.
#46 Posted: 14:52:47 08/02/2012
Ok CAV, you are starting to get annoying now.

Hey guys what do you think about the new game?
Won't buy it. Won't play it.
Hey guys did you see the giants?
Won't buy it, won't play it.

Thanks, we got your point, now can you give us a break please? You are poisoning all the topics.

Edit: I have a little more time to write now, so here you go.

It's annoying how you are judging a whole game with a new seconds video of gameplay in a trailer. We now know that you don't want to buy it and thinks that it doesn't worth it. So if this game doesn't worth your attention, please can you stop bashing it in each topic you post it? It's ok if you are not interested in this game, but you don't need to keep on bringing it everywhere in a rude and harsh way. I like to argue with people, but when you act like that, I'm sorry but I see no point in arguing with you, not when you are rude and you base all your rage on a 9 seconds video of gameplay, while bragging that you won't even buy/try it anyway.

so, unless you try to post in a constructive way, less rude and a little bit less "stuck-up" please can you stop poisoning the section? There's no point in raging all over the section if you don't bring new points or post in a constructive way.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:44:00 08/02/2012 by Reimu
Beautiful Heart Blue Sparx Gems: 763
#47 Posted: 14:57:42 08/02/2012
Quote: AndreDarx
Hum...weren't the haters angry because Spyro's name was used in the first game to "make more money"? Well, I think this new title solves the problem.

About the game, for now I still consider Skylanders Giants a Spyro's game (same with the first Skylanders): he is on the trailer and his toy can be used for this sequel. Also, they are remaking Cynder's toy, who was a character of the Spyro's franchise...
But who knows, maybe, in a future Skylanders' game, Spyro won't be there and so things all start like Rayman and the Rabbids, with the franchise separated from the Spyro's series...

[User Posted Image]
Is that what you mean?
---
[i]Beautiful Heart ♪[/¡]
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me