Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Reasonable prices for Golds? [CLOSED]
skylanderraven Green Sparx Gems: 187
#1 Posted: 04:56:40 30/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Are the 3packs with a gold in them worth more than a single pack gold figure? Searching for "skylander gold" in ebay shows a 3pack with a gold flameslinger going for $76 right now. And there's a gold drill sergeant going for just over $50 in a single pack too (search for "gold skylanders" in ebay to find that one).
Are these reasonable prices?
---
OWNED: [smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie ][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmilie] WANT: [smilie]
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#2 Posted: 05:18:05 30/01/2012
Singles go for more than 3 packs.

However, in my watching i saw a single flame go for 83 and 71.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#3 Posted: 05:30:49 30/01/2012
Don't tell me that, man!

But seriously, I was crazy busy on the weekend but I still watch the auctions a bit for some other forum members, trying to recommend good deals when I see them. All I have now is to live vicariously through others...
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#4 Posted: 15:06:02 30/01/2012
I would imagine singles are the preferred style because you can easily set them on the portal and whatnot, while 3 packs would probably cause you a little trouble if it wasn't on a completely flat surface.

I'd kill for one regardless though, lawl.

As for prices, having them up at $150+ is ridonkulous. I get that its inflated because Skylanders are semi uncommon now, and gold/silver ones arew the same, but seriously..they're not THAT different. I'd pay max probably 50-60 for one. And only if I was rich. My poor college student budget has pushed me to look but not touch on these guys.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#5 Posted: 15:14:18 30/01/2012
No idea why the single pack golds go for more than the triple packs. They do, however. I am going to have to pay an arm and a leg for gold single pack Flameslinger, but it will be worth it in time. And if I wanted to, I can fund some of that purchase, by selling my triple pack gold Flameslinger and Drill Sergeant.

I would say there is no "reasonable price" for golds. Golds and silvers are true collector's items, unlike the actual figures. It's what collector's will pay for them, that determines its value.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:15:20 30/01/2012 by GameMaster78
#6 Posted: 15:35:18 30/01/2012
If ya got a few hours to wait, this one should go for cheap. It ends at the wrong time and not too many people will be bidding on it. No, its not my action.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230736...9#ht_500wt_1288
---
My kids own :
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#7 Posted: 15:51:21 30/01/2012
If that link was for me, I already have a triple pack Flameslinger. I am wanting a single packgold Flameslinger.

I am watching these next few gold single pack Flameslingers. I WILL WIN ONE OF THEM! If I have to pay 300 bucks for one, I will.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#8 Posted: 16:07:57 30/01/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
If that link was for me, I already have a triple pack Flameslinger. I am wanting a single packgold Flameslinger.

I am watching these next few gold single pack Flameslingers. I WILL WIN ONE OF THEM! If I have to pay 300 bucks for one, I will.

Nope, it wasnt for you. It was for the frugal gold seeker who wanted to win one cheap.

Again, due to its ending time, around noon thirty, people in the east coast will be eating lunch, central time peeps will be staring at the clock wanting lunch, left coast peeps will be just getting into work. Being that its a monday, and the ending time, I am guessing this one can be had for barely over what it is listed at now.
---
My kids own :
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#9 Posted: 16:23:03 30/01/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
If I have to pay 300 bucks for one, I will.

Insanity. But to each their own.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me