Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Difference between normal and gold/silver figures?
Page 1 of 1
Difference between normal and gold/silver figures? [CLOSED]
Gobiin Green Sparx Gems: 221
#1 Posted: 02:39:51 28/01/2012 | Topic Creator
First off, I did a search and found nothing to answer this, when I got bored of digging through the results (ADD) I decided I'd be "that guy" and post a question that is probably already answered elsewhere.

I've heard that Gold figures start out at level 5 and have treasure straight out of the box (not really out of the box cause you wouldn't open it would you?) and I was curious if anyone knows if this is fact or fiction and what amount of treasure they come with...Also do the Silver figures have a similar bonus?

Feel free to just link to any topic that has this answer in it and bash me in the same post if it will give you your jollies.

Thanks
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Goldsmilie
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#2 Posted: 02:46:41 28/01/2012
^I'm not sure if that's true or not but I know that they aren't gold colored in the game. It sounds false to me, why would they start them out at level five with gold already when it's more fun leveling them yourself? Maybe someone bought a used Gold one from someone that didn't open the character but played with it on the portal unopened and the person that bought it from him thought that all Gold characters were suppose to come that way? This is just my guess though.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#3 Posted: 02:57:41 28/01/2012
All gold figures are level V and come with 2100 coinz. Silver figures are just like normal figures nothing special but the paint job
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#4 Posted: 03:06:41 28/01/2012
^ So it's true, that's good to know. I wonder why they decided to level them up to five?
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#5 Posted: 03:16:15 28/01/2012
Quote: OpalOsprey
why would they start them out at level five with gold already when it's more fun leveling them yourself?

Brock: "Raising a Pokemon is the best part of being a Pokemon trainer!"
Damien: "You're wrong. That's the most boring part of the job."

Clearly the people who made the gold Skylanders are like Damien and didn't listen to Brock's advice. What kind of Skylandermon trainers are those guys! They'd probably let their Erupt-mander die in the rain, those creeps! >:/
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
Fireballz Green Sparx Gems: 298
#6 Posted: 03:45:40 28/01/2012
So, when the gold figures are in action in the console game are they actually gold?
---
Skylanders I currently own- (smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smilie)(smiliesmilie)(smilie)
#7 Posted: 03:48:23 28/01/2012
^-----No
---

PortalMaster Red Sparx Gems: 62
#8 Posted: 04:06:06 28/01/2012
What are Skylandermon?
---
Trigger Happy: No gold, no glory!!!!!!!!!! smilie
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#9 Posted: 04:19:27 28/01/2012
It is what is called a portmanteau - when you meld two words together.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#10 Posted: 13:56:56 29/01/2012
Actually the amount of gold isnt exact, unless someone wants to put one on their portal to check, but as listed but Activision themselves theystart at lvl 5 and "have enough gold on them to get ALL of their upgrades/abilites".

p.s.- if i got any gold or silver(or any other kind of variants) i'd still open them lol i'd just give them a different path then the normal variants(like i did with darkspyro and spyro).
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
#11 Posted: 15:40:09 29/01/2012
Quote: terranakari
Actually the amount of gold isnt exact, unless someone wants to put one on their portal to check, but as listed but Activision themselves theystart at lvl 5 and "have enough gold on them to get ALL of their upgrades/abilites".

p.s.- if i got any gold or silver(or any other kind of variants) i'd still open them lol i'd just give them a different path then the normal variants(like i did with darkspyro and spyro).

Considering there are 2 in my house and I have placed them on my portal, I think I know what I am talking about.
---
My kids own :
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#12 Posted: 15:43:54 29/01/2012

You know that quotation marks are used to quote something right?

Here is the actual quote:

"And while he does not appear differently in the game, he's already leveled up to 5, and stocked with enough loot to buy several upgrades."
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#13 Posted: 15:45:39 29/01/2012

You don't even have to open them actually. The figures work right through the packaging.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#14 Posted: 16:05:47 29/01/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487

You don't even have to open them actually. The figures work right through the packaging.

i know that lol i think its pointless to keep packaging, specially because i dont plan to "resell" it
---

chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#15 Posted: 02:44:27 30/01/2012
Quote: Monsinour

Considering there are 2 in my house and I have placed them on my portal, I think I know what I am talking about.

Will all respect to Terranakari, do you think Monsinour simply plucked that amount of gold out of the air?

I can forward a screenshot of a gold Chop Chop on a portal showing these details. Fair enough, the amount of gold could conceivably be a random amount between two limits but the second gold fig obviously reported the same amount.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#16 Posted: 21:54:18 30/01/2012
Quote: chaosworrier

Will all respect to Terranakari, do you think Monsinour simply plucked that amount of gold out of the air?

I can forward a screenshot of a gold Chop Chop on a portal showing these details. Fair enough, the amount of gold could conceivably be a random amount between two limits but the second gold fig obviously reported the same amount.

wow its rly only 2100? i just figured it sounded so low it couldnt be true, my bad lol and idk where i thought he got the amount from i just figured it would be more then that. smilie;;
---

#17 Posted: 22:04:50 30/01/2012
Just checked the 3rd one and it has 2100 as well. Haven't checked the 4th one yet.
---
My kids own :
#18 Posted: 22:12:23 30/01/2012
Just checked the 3rd one and it has 2100 as well. Haven't checked the 4th one yet.

lol well i def. believe you then, no point in not. I have no gold or silver figures but i believe you. smilie
---

#19 Posted: 22:20:20 30/01/2012

lol well i def. believe you then, no point in not. I have no gold or silver figures but i believe you. smilie

They are not all mine. Not even half of them are mine. But it sure is nice to have all of wave 3, including the golds, in the house in their original packing. It just stinks that I don't own any of it. LOL. The ones I own, save the gold, are open and being played with.
---
My kids own :
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me